• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A Super Six???

Started by StraightFacts, August 24, 2014, 11:00:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

StraightFacts

1.Wynee
2.PA
3.Batesville
4.Cam.Fairview
5.GREENBRIER
6.SYLVAN HILLS
NO WAY ANYBODY CAN REALLY CONSIDER THIS BEING THE TOP 6 TEAMS IN 5A

AT

August 24, 2014, 11:08:33 am #1 Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 11:49:40 am by Almatrackster
Meh, the absence of Hope is glaring and it's tough to leave out the defending champion, but it's just a pre season poll. I don't know if Morrilton, Hope, or Alma were in the top 6 last year but they were 3 of the 4 semi finalists.

02 bobcats

A laugh able top 6 indeed. No Hope r Morrilton?

incogneto

I think Sylvan Hills belongs in the top 5. 

MDXPHD

Quote from: StraightFacts on August 24, 2014, 11:00:00 am
1.Wynee
2.PA
3.Batesville
4.Cam.Fairview
5.GREENBRIER
6.SYLVAN HILLS

The top three look good, the rest could fluctuate throughout the year.

Vteagle

Sylvan Hills is a dark horse! They will surprise you if you are not careful!!

02 bobcats

Hope will prove they where more then a 1 hit wonder. After a great season last year 2 build on and the coaches getting the best out of our players BOBCAT football is back!!!!!

Go Postal

Left out Hope and Morrilton?  Anyway this is early in the season and anything can happen.  For instance...

Hoghead

August 25, 2014, 01:24:22 am #8 Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 01:27:02 am by Hoghead
It's a legit Super 6, but very debatable. Let's take a peek Hoghead style on these 6.

1. Wynne........lost 21-0 in their last game with pretty much the same players.
2. PA.........Gave up 50+ points in losing their last game. But PA's logic is to score, score and score some more.
3. Batesville......Went to 3 5A Title games in a row and lost all 3.
4. CF.......... Lost to the 5A Runnerups in a 2 loss season.
5. Greenbrier......... The 5 A West is wide open. Panthers struggle with speed teams always.
6. Sylvan Hills....... They have a good QB. They're pretty simple other than that.

Now my Super 6 means nothing. But here it is.

1. Wynne.....If they don't win it all, it's their fault. They have a load of talent returning.
2. PA........One onside kick away from winning it all if Wynne screws up. They don't need a stinking Defense !
3. Batesville.....Something is in the White River up there ! 3 Title runs in a row. Is 4 their lucky number ?
4. Camden Fvw.... We're Camden Fairview darn it ! What's a down year ? Who cares who the coach is ? Who is Crockett ?
5. Hope....... Just as stealthy as last year and cooler than the other side of the pillow. They have talent, you've been warned.
6. Morrilton.....Somebody out of the West has to show up ! You have to give the returning 5A Champs a little love.

Sadly, Greenbrier has to beat somebody of significance. They can't just lollygag into the Super 6. Sylvan Hills has to show more as well. Peace !!!!

wing

Quote from: Hoghead on August 25, 2014, 01:24:22 am
It's a legit Super 6, but very debatable. Let's take a peek Hoghead style on these 6.

1. Wynne........lost 21-0 in their last game with pretty much the same players.
2. PA.........Gave up 50+ points in losing their last game. But PA's logic is to score, score and score some more.
3. Batesville......Went to 3 5A Title games in a row and lost all 3.
4. CF.......... Lost to the 5A Runnerups in a 2 loss season.
5. Greenbrier......... The 5 A West is wide open. Panthers struggle with speed teams always.
6. Sylvan Hills....... They have a good QB. They're pretty simple other than that.

Now my Super 6 means nothing. But here it is.

1. Wynne.....If they don't win it all, it's their fault. They have a load of talent returning.
2. PA........One onside kick away from winning it all if Wynne screws up. They don't need a stinking Defense !
3. Batesville.....Something is in the White River up there ! 3 Title runs in a row. Is 4 their lucky number ?
4. Camden Fvw.... We're Camden Fairview darn it ! What's a down year ? Who cares who the coach is ? Who is Crockett ?
5. Hope....... Just as stealthy as last year and cooler than the other side of the pillow. They have talent, you've been warned.
6. Morrilton.....Somebody out of the West has to show up ! You have to give the returning 5A Champs a little love.

Sadly, Greenbrier has to beat somebody of significance. They can't just lollygag into the Super 6. Sylvan Hills has to show more as well. Peace !!!!

Well put! +1

Uncle Ivan

Still puzzled about the selection of Sylvan Hills.

RamFan06

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on August 25, 2014, 06:17:58 am

Saw Sylvan Hills a couple time in 7on7 this year and the QB was impressive but you have to get someone to catch the ball. Not sure how the line will be either, will he be running for his life all season? One player shouldn't put you in the "Super Six".

incogneto

He is an adequate passer.  Stopping their running game will be the key to beating them. 

Hoghead

Quote from: incogneto on August 25, 2014, 12:09:18 pm
He is an adequate passer.  Stopping their running game will be the key to beating them. 

That wasn't hard last year.... Watching their passing game struggle was comical.

Lions84

I like Hogheads top 6 and Wynne should be tough and poor Batesville been snake bite just like Carlisle in those state title games.

02 bobcats

I agree hoghead top 6 is legit. All of his top 6 was in the quarter finals a year ago. To be the best u gotta beat the best. So until someone in 5a beat one of the teams in hoghead top 6 u can't place anyone above them.

Big Fan

Quote from: RamFan06 on August 25, 2014, 09:55:55 am

Saw Sylvan Hills a couple time in 7on7 this year and the QB was impressive but you have to get someone to catch the ball. Not sure how the line will be either, will he be running for his life all season? One player shouldn't put you in the "Super Six".
Their OL will be solid.  Got some possible mid major talent there.  Not sure about WR's, but if QB is getting some accolades I would assume someone has been catching the ball.  Defense will be their question mark.  When they play PA for the conference title it will probably resemble an Arena game.   

pantherblue

Sylvan Hills had a little trouble with Greenbrier tonight. 

Hoghead

Quote from: StraightFacts on August 24, 2014, 11:00:00 am
1.Wynee
2.PA
3.Batesville
4.Cam.Fairview
5.GREENBRIER
6.SYLVAN HILLS

The last game Greenbrier played last year they got beat 48-6 !  The last game Sylvan Hills played they were beat 31-17 a combined score of 79-23 !!!!!   That is not Super 6 type play or quality !!!!!

02 bobcats

Hoghead

Everybody in the Super 6 lost their last game last year pretty bad except Batesville and Camden Fairview. #1 Wynne got shut out 21-0 !  #2 PA gave up 50+ !  All have their flaws is all I'm saying.

wing

Quote from: Big Fan on August 25, 2014, 07:56:15 pm
Quote from: RamFan06 on August 25, 2014, 09:55:55 am

Their OL will be solid.  Got some possible mid major talent there.  Not sure about WR's, but if QB is getting some accolades I would assume someone has been catching the ball.  Defense will be their question mark.  When they play PA for the conference title it will probably resemble an Arena game.

I'm betting that the 5A South will come down to Hope and CF (WH not far behind.) If that's the case, it will be far from an arena league game. That one could get dirty.

neds

PA will play in a track meet of a first game in Dallas vs Highland Park. HP as they are known in TX is the all time winningest program in TX football. They are like PA in that they run only to set up the next pass play. They have a 79 in a row win record @home. This may be 75-65 and may be safe to take the over. Good game on 9/5 coming in Dallas. Between this game and the next week in FL they should be battle tested for AR conf play.

Pantherdaddy

Bout 3-4 good teams this yr.  5A is down this yr in my opinion. 

Youngsta71701

August 27, 2014, 05:47:31 am #24 Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 05:49:28 am by Youngsta71701
Quote from: Pantherdaddy on August 27, 2014, 05:32:06 am

People say the 5A is down every year until they see us play. Name them please.

wildboy44

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on August 27, 2014, 05:47:31 am

Down? Based on what?

wing

Quote from: wildboy44 on August 27, 2014, 06:34:48 am

Down? Based on what?

Other than GW not being in the mix anymore, 5A has it's normal contenders, same as the last 5-6 years. Should be fun.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: wing on August 27, 2014, 06:39:49 am

Down? Based on what?

Other than GW not being in the mix anymore, 5A has it's normal contenders, same as the last 5-6 years. Should be fun.

Pantherdaddy obviously don't have a clue! He probably have only seen a few teams play...

wildboy44

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on August 27, 2014, 07:05:42 am
Quote from: wing on August 27, 2014, 06:39:49 am

Down? Based on what?

Pantherdaddy obviously don't have a clue! He probably have only seen a few teams play...
Batesville, Wynne, Hope, CF, WC, WH, PA, Morrilton, I'm sure there are some I am leaving out.

Hoghead

No its not. The 5A West is down. But your major 5A players are good teams as usual. Wynne, PA, Camden Fvw,  Hope, White Hall & Batesville are back. Greenbrier & Sylvan Hills are decent.  That's 7 teams out of the 16 playoff spots that are pretty good. 5A isnt down this year.

Big Fan

Go Postal

Quote from: Big Fan on August 27, 2014, 10:24:24 am
Quote from: Hoghead on August 27, 2014, 10:09:43 am
The 5A West is down.
It has been since GW moved to 6A.
Possibly if you mean since GW and SS moved to 6A.  But look who we got to replace them, Huntsville and SC.  Both have now went back to the 4A after realizing that 5A West and 5A playoffs were too much for them.  But we did have two teams in the semis last year and one took the final trophy.
If you mean this year, Alma left and we get two teams moving up from the 4A and one from 5A Central. So you guy might be right, but I want to hold judgement until the playoffs.  There could be some upsets this year, not only in the West, but other conferences also.  Should be an interesting year.

But if the West does make it to the semis or finals again this year. ;)  I will send you guys a recipe for cooking crow and hope y'all enjoy your meal.  LOL

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas