• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who will be state champion

Started by tmycjy, August 16, 2014, 10:43:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will be 5-A State champion

Wynne
21 (28.4%)
Batesville
6 (8.1%)
Forrest city
1 (1.4%)
Nettleton
0 (0%)
Valley view
1 (1.4%)
Green county tech
0 (0%)
Blytheville
0 (0%)
Paragould
0 (0%)
Morrilton
2 (2.7%)
Harrison
0 (0%)
Farmington
0 (0%)
Clarksville
0 (0%)
Maumelle
1 (1.4%)
Greenbrier
1 (1.4%)
Vilonia
0 (0%)
Little Rock Christian
0 (0%)
Camden Fairview
7 (9.5%)
White Hall
0 (0%)
Watson Chapel
0 (0%)
Hope
6 (8.1%)
Hot Springs Lakeside
0 (0%)
Magnolia
1 (1.4%)
Hot Springs
0 (0%)
DeQueen
0 (0%)
Pulaski Academy
20 (27%)
Sylvan Hills
1 (1.4%)
Beebe
0 (0%)
Jacksonville
2 (2.7%)
Little Rock Mills
0 (0%)
Little Rock McClellan
0 (0%)
Little Rock Fair
0 (0%)
North Pulaski
4 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Voting closed: September 06, 2014, 10:43:40 am

tmycjy

Who will be state champion also give your school a good luck comment

Good luck wynne high school

rapstr

Uncle Ivan

FD4

Only PA looks better on paper than Wynne.  Not that we are super big, we just are super strong, super fast, and super coached.  I went with PA in the poll but want everyone to know this.  It was only because I have not looked at a bracket, and dont know if one exists yet.  This fact remains, Wynne is undefeated in the War Memorial, 3 and 0, nuff said.

The_Pioneer

Quote from: FD4 on August 18, 2014, 01:28:31 pm
Only PA looks better on paper than Wynne.  Not that we are super big, we just are super strong, super fast, and super coached.  I went with PA in the poll but want everyone to know this.  It was only because I have not looked at a bracket, and dont know if one exists yet.  This fact remains, Wynne is undefeated in the War Memorial, 3 and 0, nuff said.

Wynne sounds super.

jaxalum2008

PA will be lucky to earn seven wins and squeeze their way into the playoffs. Highland is quite physical and brutal on both sides of the ball. It wouldn't be a surprise if PA will go into week 2 with key positional injuries playing the team from Florida.Their tempo is even faster than what Arkansas teams are used to. Granted the team lost their first game to the tune of 34 to 35; not to add insult to injury, they play Warren in week 3. Depending on how PA prepares, it would be an accomplishment to go 2-1.

Also, Jacksonville seems to not be receiving any love. True, they have a new coach. His style and philosophy will be surprising to many, and is eating up the fact that no one is really giving respect to Jacksonville.

From the looks of practice, Jacksonville will be a team to be reckoned with. Look for Jacksonville to avenge their losses to PA and put up as many points as possible.

Go Postal

August 18, 2014, 08:06:44 pm #6 Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 08:15:06 pm by Go Postal
Though State Champion is still in the future and we start a new season AND new cycle.  We still haven't seen gameplay yet this year, though things look good on paper, we still need to see how the season progresses.  There are a lot of good teams out there and I wish all 32 teams the best, but I'm going in to this cycle with a open mind.  Once the season starts, then we will see how everyone are doing to make a better prediction.  Though I go open-minded in this cycle, but using last year as an example, I still think that every team needs to beat the East and West teams.  It should be exciting this year and may the better team win!

Quote from: tmycjy on August 16, 2014, 10:43:40 am
Who will be state champion also give your school a good luck comment
Good Luck, Harrison Golden Goblins!

The Future

I'm picking Wynne.

And since my school isn't in this dogfight, good luck to all teams and give us a great season.

Go Postal

Quote from: The Future on August 18, 2014, 08:30:20 pm
I'm picking Wynne.

And since my school isn't in this dogfight, good luck to all teams and give us a great season.
I did too.  But as you know s#1t can happen.  Remember back in '08, when Harrison beat GW at GW by 3 points in a 99 point game, but didn't go to the playoffs because of not beating SS? ;)  LOL, I had to throw that in Future.  I couldn't help myself. ;D  Stuff Happens. :o

The Future

Quote from: Go Postal on August 18, 2014, 08:52:34 pm
I'm picking Wynne.

I did too.  But as you know s#1t can happen.  Remember back in '08, when Harrison beat GW at GW by 3 points in a 99 point game, but didn't go to the playoffs because of not beating SS? ;)  LOL, I had to throw that in Future.  I couldn't help myself. ;D  Stuff Happens. :o

Lol Pretty sure you are gonna throw that in any chance you get! Youre making it hard for us Gwood fans tryin to block that game from memory. I heard RD had even hacked in and tried to erase that loss from the history books!  ;)
That was a great game in all seriousness. It had been a good while since a Greenwood Harrison game had that sort of feel to it. I knew going into the game we weren't gonna wipe the field with yall and that there was a chance we could lose. But 99 points and a 3 point loss was very unexpected.

Stuff happens and happens often. What about Greenwood and Greenbrier battling it for West supremacy but both were beat by Siloam in 2010? Seems them Panthers always know how to throw a wrench into things to make it a bit unclear.

This year anything can happen. I'm pickin Batesville, Wynne, Hope, and PA as the final 4. Depending on how the brackets are made and who plays who, I have Wynne beating either Batesville or PA at the Rock. Both would be a great game, but the Jackets win either way.

Gonna be keepin' a close eye on the West this year. Lots of good opportunities for all the teams to take control of their season.

Go Postal

August 18, 2014, 09:31:50 pm #10 Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 09:37:58 pm by Go Postal
Quote from: The Future on August 18, 2014, 09:19:16 pm
Quote from: Go Postal on August 18, 2014, 08:52:34 pm
I'm picking Wynne.

Lol Pretty sure you are gonna throw that in any chance you get! Youre making it hard for us Gwood fans tryin to block that game from memory. I heard RD had even hacked in and tried to erase that loss from the history books!  ;)
That was a great game in all seriousness. It had been a good while since a Greenwood Harrison game had that sort of feel to it. I knew going into the game we weren't gonna wipe the field with yall and that there was a chance we could lose. But 99 points and a 3 point loss was very unexpected.

Stuff happens and happens often. What about Greenwood and Greenbrier battling it for West supremacy but both were beat by Siloam in 2010? Seems them Panthers always know how to throw a wrench into things to make it a bit unclear.

This year anything can happen. I'm pickin Batesville, Wynne, Hope, and PA as the final 4. Depending on how the brackets are made and who plays who, I have Wynne beating either Batesville or PA at the Rock. Both would be a great game, but the Jackets win either way.

Gonna be keepin' a close eye on the West this year. Lots of good opportunities for all the teams to take control of their season.
I hear you brother, that game was an OMG, I have it on DVD.  Good to hear that SS was a "thorn in everyones side" in this sport, because they were for us in this and any sport.
I'm thinking the same as you on this cycle/season game, but with a new cycle and season, anything can happen.  Watch out for the underdogs!

BTW, if you were from Alma, I would bring up our Championships from that other sport that they don't play. ;D  Congrats to the Bulldogs on making it to the 6A finals in that sport.  Fantastic!

tmycjy

Chief_Osceola™

Hoghead

I still say Wynne should win the 2014 5A Title. But.......there's a 5A squad out there that is going to be darn right scary. They're not in the Super 6, but has the talent to beat every team in the Super 6 !

Big Fan

Quote from: Hoghead on August 27, 2014, 06:39:19 pm
I still say Wynne should win the 2014 5A Title. But.......there's a 5A squad out there that is going to be darn right scary. They're not in the Super 6, but has the talent to beat every team in the Super 6 !
I agree.  Morrilton should be pretty good. 

Hoghead

Quote from: Big Fan on August 27, 2014, 07:06:19 pm
Forrest City actually !

walkingguy72396

Because Forrest City did make the 2013 play-offs some think that they just were not good enough.

Wynne, had to have 3 things happen, Two near miracle touch-down catches and a pretty well timed interception.

Go Postal

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on August 27, 2014, 07:43:31 pm
Because Forrest City did make the 2013 play-offs some think that they just were not good enough.

Wynne, had to have 3 things happen, Two near miracle touch-down catches and a pretty well timed interception.
Alma posters and myself thought the same thing about Harrison not making the playoffs last year.  Possibly three plays away from going to the playoffs.  High powered Offense, not so much on special teams.  As I recall what they said, two phases of three phases of the game.  I remember the Vilonia game, they won by 3 (Harrison mistakes).  Greenbrier game, they won by 4 (again Harrison mistakes).  Surprised Alma in our game together (Airedales adjusted on Harrison mistakes).  To be honest after watching the Wynne/battered SC game in the 1st round, I believe that Harrison could have beat SC or Wynne in that game.  But I am pooling for Wynne this year.  Good Luck!

Big Fan

Quote from: Hoghead on August 27, 2014, 07:26:01 pm
Quote from: Big Fan on August 27, 2014, 07:06:19 pm
Forrest City actually !
Them too. 

tmycjy

BIGGOAT60

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas