• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hope Bobcats

Started by mlt, August 15, 2014, 09:55:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

02 bobcats

Dey were barefoot. I'm not going off rivals I'm going off my own 2 eyes when they were measured

Frogger

Quote from: 02 bobcats on August 25, 2014, 02:05:34 pm
Dey were barefoot. I'm not going off rivals I'm going off my own 2 eyes when they were measured
WTH is dey? 

02 bobcats

Just like u used a abbreviated(what the heck) I did the same! Let me simplify of for you. Dey is a abbreviation for they!

Lionheart88

Quote from: 02 bobcats on August 25, 2014, 10:17:01 am
I'm at the school daily. His height weight measures were 6`3 255. I only state n post the things I know are facts
02 measured him one day after he got done mopping the cafeteria. :)

02 bobcats

Lol Arkansas school can't afford me lol. After u get done eating your bowl of crow from last years @$$ whopping in Jefferson county, you can measure him yourself!!!

Lionheart88

Last year's last year, don't go counting your chickens before they hatch.

At any rate, what are you at the school every day for if you don't work there?

02 bobcats

I'm a fan n close friends with the staff! I have 5 family members on the team that I am watching. I go at least 3 times a week n watch them scrimmage,workout n etc! I'm pushing my lil cousins 2 be the best they can be. I am a die heart bobcat fan n believe our program is back and headed in the right direction. Excuse me if I am a lil excited and pumped up for the season already! I have been watching and following the cats all summer long

Hoghead

Quote from: Lionheart88 on August 25, 2014, 05:56:24 pm

Well, I will comment a little on last year. The 5A South Coaches picked Hope to finish 7th in the Conference LAST YEAR.
So all we have is LAST YEAR UNTIL SEPT. 5th !!!!   Let's play ball !

02 bobcats

Last year is all u can go on! If everyone can go off Wynne success from last year y can't I go off Hope success from a year ago?

Hoghead

Quote from: 02 bobcats on August 26, 2014, 08:37:59 am
Last year is all u can go on! If everyone can go off Wynne success from last year y can't I go off Hope success from a year ago?

Wynne has more coming back than Hope is why. Hope is replacing a All State RB in Westmoreland  and others.

Frogger

Quote from: 02 bobcats on August 25, 2014, 04:50:28 pm
Just like u used a abbreviated(what the heck) I did the same! Let me simplify of for you. Dey is a abbreviation for they!
So dey is abbreviation for they?  lol!  Is this Ebonics?

02 bobcats

So true but of the 17 seniors only 9 of them played! 4 of the 5 lineman return. Caple n love return also. Yes we are replacing our DBs that's bout it. We have just as many players coming back as Wynne do in my opinion. I'll past stats while at the scrimmage 2 night. Don't be surprised afterwards. Hope has a real deep team this year. Its far deeper then the team from last year

loyal fan

Updates on bobcats scrim?

02 bobcats

~WPS~

How much of the game was starters vs starters?

02 bobcats

The 2nd half which was 2 12 min quarters

~WPS~

Was the score you posted just the starters?

02 bobcats

~WPS~

Thanks. That's about what I would've thought it would be. Sounds like a good game for Hope, especially defense. How'd they look in person?

02 bobcats

The defense looked very good. Our young DBs played better then expected. Our offense kept putting their self in a hole with penalties. Corey Haynes busted a 52 yard TD run. Soph qb Austin stubber throw a 44 yard TD strike 2 caple for the other score

Hoghead

I heard it was a good scrimmage. The Scrapper Staff & a few fans migrated down from Nashville I heard.

02 bobcats

Indeed it was n yes they were their

4thandgoal

Quote from: 02 bobcats on August 25, 2014, 06:11:58 pm
I'm a fan n close friends with the staff! I have 5 family members on the team that I am watching. I go at least 3 times a week n watch them scrimmage,workout n etc! I'm pushing my lil cousins 2 be the best they can be. I am a die heart bobcat fan n believe our program is back and headed in the right direction. Excuse me if I am a lil excited and pumped up for the season already! I have been watching and following the cats all summer long

Get a life. Let the team play and quit talking. Geesh!!!!

02 bobcats

The thread says Hope Bobcats! He wanted insight so I gave it. Just like u talk bout your the I'll talk bout my Bobcats! R u that up set that the Cats are back or is cuz we beat your team and your team is down?????

mhfcharlesi

IMO that QB is not ready for Varsity Ball..and if I gambled I would have to bet that there was absolutely no QB competition for that spot..and the Back End of that D played Decent but you could tell that they were missing the Size and Speed from last year. Those kids look like JV players only but they stepped up in spots throughout the scrimmage..and another thing that is going to hurt my Cats is the lack of depth or maybe some kids were hurt but I didn't see much!

Hoghead

^^^^^ You do know Sr. WR Steven Caple is a QB as well and lead Hope to a comeback win at HS Lakeside last year ? Austin Stubber is a gifted Sophomore QB. He'll be ok as the starter because he has a solid O Line and weapons in the skill spots. There's no real pressure on this kid, he knows the offense. J-Love, Corey Haynes and Lawson give the Cats that quick strike capability. Stubber and the Bobcats will be ok.

02 bobcats

Size and speed? We are faster at the DB position. The corners might not be as physical but have more speed. As far as Austin Stubber and the qb spot their was a competition for the spot. He won the job fair n square. He has the stronger arm and the height we been missing at the QB spot. Cj briggs n Steven caple are more then able 2 step in and run the offense.those guys are our starting WR so you should be able 2 tell they are athletes. We just got a key player move back home. Stubbers favorite target in Jr high is back. The Munn kid

mhfcharlesi

I hope you right HogHead..just scary trying to live up to the standards set from last season with a soph. at the helm..but I know Steve is a QB because I follow the Cats but I'm sure he got beat out simply because the Soph. is a Coach Son not because they had actual competition in Camp. #thatsnoneofmybusiness

02 bobcats

That is not true and unfair 2 the kid. He won the job out right. Caple is a ath but stubber is a pure QB. He has the bigger arm bigger body and the height. They told us the same negative stuff in 2000 and all we did was be the best team ever come thru Hope, won the conference outright went to the state championship game. By the way his dad is not his position coach! Coach Turley is and he made that call.

mhfcharlesi

Hey calm down..I know who coaches the QBs and the kid has an Amazing arm by far the best out of all the Qbs Hope has but its not fair to other players as well because even if they had any aspiration of playing QB they knew they didn't have a shot so lets be honest..im not mad at the decision because it gives him an opportunity to develop..but if I'm hope im thinking I have to win now..not taking my lumps..come on man lets be real about the whole situation..Im hoping the kid matures quickly and takes the Cats places because I hate to see the cats loose..just saying because the D can't stay on the field and win the game

02 bobcats

I understand were u are coming from. This kid is the real deal. It has button 2 do with his dad. He is the best qb hope has had since chris muldrew. he gives us the best chance 2 win now because he will go thru his reads and not run after the 1st read is not open

wildboy44

Quote from: Hoghead on August 28, 2014, 08:39:57 am
^^^^^ You do know Sr. WR Steven Caple is a QB as well and lead Hope to a comeback win at HS Lakeside last year ? Austin Stubber is a gifted Sophomore QB. He'll be ok as the starter because he has a solid O Line and weapons in the skill spots. There's no real pressure on this kid, he knows the offense. J-Love, Corey Haynes and Lawson give the Cats that quick strike capability. Stubber and the Bobcats will be ok.
So Hoghead, I need a clear answer....Will Hope be better this year than last year. If so that is saying a lot. Its hard to loose what you guys did and be better. I will be honest, we (Camden Fairview) will not be as good as last year...We don't have a Dion Holliman or a Mathew Ollison. We will be good in a different way this year. We will spread the ball around to everyone. We still have speed at every skill position. Just trying to get a good view point of Hope.

Frogger

Quote from: Hoghead on August 25, 2014, 11:43:03 pm
Quote from: Lionheart88 on August 25, 2014, 05:56:24 pm

Well, I will comment a little on last year. The 5A South Coaches picked Hope to finish 7th in the Conference LAST YEAR.
So all we have is LAST YEAR UNTIL SEPT. 5th !!!!   Let's play ball !
that is pretty funny they picked them 7th and they won it

Frogger

I'm not from Hope but I've seen these kids play a lot over the years.  The Stubber kid is way better than anything else you got.  Almost sounds like you are mad the white boy got the spot.  Wow if Munn hadn't have moved back that Hope soph class would have gone down as worst class in school history

02 bobcats

So were we in 2000 but finished 12-2 state runner up, conf champs and # 2 in the state.

AT

Quote from: Frogger on August 28, 2014, 12:34:03 pm
Almost sounds like you are mad the white boy got the spot. 

Well this is a can of worms that probably shouldn't have been opened.

02 bobcats

I'm not saying we will be better. All I am saying is that we have a chance 2 be just as good as the year before. Our coaches did a great job of getting our best athletes out for football this year. Can we replace the SRS that left yes will they be just as talented yes will we get the same results only time will tell

02 bobcats

If people watched the Lakeside game a year ago u can see my point that caple is just a athlete playing qb. He bet LAKESIDE with his legs not his arm. Stubber will win with his arm. With the playmakers around him he will do fine.

Also what is the problem with him being a soph? Wasn't Kasey Ford a soph last year and led his team 2 the state title. Ty Storey was a soph when he committed 2 the hogs. My point is sophomores start around the state all the time and be successful. Let's give him a fair chance and see how he do

Hoghead

Quote from: wildboy44 on August 28, 2014, 11:42:35 am
So Hoghead, I need a clear answer....Will Hope be better this year than last year. If so that is saying a lot. Its hard to loose what you guys did and be better. I will be honest, we (Camden Fairview) will not be as good as last year...We don't have a Dion Holliman or a Mathew Ollison. We will be good in a different way this year. We will spread the ball around to everyone. We still have speed at every skill position. Just trying to get a good view point of Hope.

Hope will be just as stealthy good as last year. Ask Texarkana !

Frogger

Quote from: Hoghead on August 28, 2014, 04:40:24 pm
Quote from: wildboy44 on August 28, 2014, 11:42:35 am

Hope will be just as stealthy good as last year. Ask Texarkana !
didn't they beat texarkana last year 35-0?

4thandgoal

August 29, 2014, 12:25:41 am #90 Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 12:29:14 am by 4thandgoal
Quote from: 02 bobcats on August 28, 2014, 06:48:27 am
The thread says Hope Bobcats! He wanted insight so I gave it. Just like u talk bout your the I'll talk bout my Bobcats! R u that up set that the Cats are back or is cuz we beat your team and your team is down?????

Neither, I just think everything you say is stupid. Do you have something better to do than to make yourself look bad about talking about things that you know nothing about? Let the team speak for themselves on the field when they play. Stop bragging and reliving your insignificant years as a player. It is so irritating. JUST SHUT THE HECK UP?

rapstr

Quote from: mhfcharlesi on August 28, 2014, 10:51:20 am
I hope you right HogHead..just scary trying to live up to the standards set from last season with a soph. at the helm..but I know Steve is a QB because I follow the Cats but I'm sure he got beat out simply because the Soph. is a Coach Son not because they had actual competition in Camp. #thatsnoneofmybusiness
Remember Mctelvin Agim was only a sophomore last season and was probably the best d-end in 5A last season.

02 bobcats

No it was 14 to 7. 4thandgoal u making yo self look dumb boy. U know nothing about bobcat football I do. I can brag about my team all I want. Irrelevant days lol! Our team is still talked about. I know what I'm talking bout boy I and if u don't like it stay off the Bobcat thread and stay on your Camden thread because anytime somebody got a question bout the Hope Bobcats u Best believe IMA answer the question.

mhfcharlesi

Frogger with as much racism going on in the world right now..why would you go there with the situation. But I'm done with it now because when you start throwing around race then it has gone entirely too far..and not once did I have an issue with the kids race because he is a great kid by far so have fun on this thread and I'm out!! Good Luck to all you guys and your teams on their seasons.

Hoghead

Quote from: mhfcharlesi on August 28, 2014, 10:51:20 am

Stubber won the job. Caple is a complete athlete. But Stubber is the bettet Qb even if his dad wasn't on the staff. Hope is lucky to have both players. No controversy in the Watermelon City who the Qb is.

Hoghead

Quote from: Frogger on August 28, 2014, 12:34:03 pm
I'm not from Hope but I've seen these kids play a lot over the years.  The Stubber kid is way better than anything else you got.  Almost sounds like you are mad the white boy got the spot.  Wow if Munn hadn't have moved back that Hope soph class would have gone down as worst class in school history

No one is mad Stubbor won the Qb spot. He's White ? I never noticed that.

02 bobcats

Well said hoghead. Caple is a athlete who can play QB. Stubber is a pure natural QB. No race played apart in it. The kid one the job and we are more dangerous with calls and at rubber on the field at the same time

JackofallTrades

02 Bobcats..you got a point about being a sophmore has nothing to do with you capability of leading a team..Bobcats are young but will stand up to the challenge of exceeding the standards set from last year if you ask me. Good Luck Bobcats..Monk and Sosa look good and that middle linebacker looks like a player!! just stay healthy and watch the cats work

02 bobcats

Thanks jackofalltrades. Glad u see my point of view. People have sophomores start year after year and they do just find. Our d will be fine and our offense will score points. Should be a great year of Bobcat football

Lionheart88

Quote from: JackofallTrades on August 29, 2014, 10:54:19 am
02 Bobcats..you got a point about being a sophmore has nothing to do with you capability of leading a team..Bobcats are young but will stand up to the challenge of exceeding the standards set from last year if you ask me. Good Luck Bobcats..Monk and Sosa look good and that middle linebacker looks like a player!! just stay healthy and watch the cats work

Sure it does.  Do you really think that the seniors who've been playing on the team three years want to take their lead from a 15 year old kid that was playing jr. high ball last year?  I've coached kids that age enough in other sports to know that's a huge issue for many teenagers.  "I'm 18 (or "almost 18") and I'm not listening to a kid who can't drive yet" is by no means an uncommon sentiment.  There are kids who can overcome it by sheer charisma and/or talent, but they're rare.

At any rate, being a sophomore QB is completely different from being a stud sophomore WR or P/K or DB.  Those guys just have to know their role and execute.  A QB has to know where every offensive player is every play, know the playbook back to front, and be able to improvise on the fly.  That's a huge ask for any player, much less one playing at this level of competition for the first time.  There are occasionally kids that do it (less often as you climb the levels), but they're very much the exceptions that prove the rule.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas