• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hope Bobcats

Started by mlt, August 15, 2014, 09:55:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mlt

What's the real scoop on Hope?  From reading about their talent, would it be safe to say that the Bobcats finish higher than fourth in the conference?

Go Postal

Not sure, maybe Hoghead can give more insight on this.  Good luck to Hope this year.  The only thing that I can say with the new cycle and not knowing how each teams are doing going into this cycle and preseason, I will have to use last years season for an example, do your best in conference, then beat any East or West team in the playoffs to reach the Finals.

rapstr

Just look for the cats to quietly make their way to state championship and you heard it first from me. I can almost bet they will have one of the best defenses in the conference if not the best in 5a. i believe they have a top 5 defense

Hoghead

Look for Hope to be as stealthy good as last year. They lost some talent to graduation.  But they have similar talent replacing those players. The Bobcats O-Line will be big physical and fast as will the D-line. Rowe, Monk and McTelvin on D will be a load for other teams Offensive fronts.

The skill positions have big play guys who can get gone quick. The Qb will probably be Sophomore Austin Stubber. He can flat out throw the football and has nice feet. WR Steve Caple is dangerous and wil play some QB in some situations. The RB's Washington, Stephenson will provide some thunder & lightening from various formations. The multi demesional J-Love will line up as a RB/WR giving the Bobcats a oppertunity toscore quickly !

The weak points for Hope is seeing if their LBs & secondary can jell quickly and perform like last year. Overall Hope will be pretty good again. State Championship good ? Maybe ? But that all depends on how they play.  Good luck to everyone and enjoy the season !!!

MoTownDog

I have them picked in the top 2 this year.  If there had been a 5th quarter they would have beat us last year.  They came out strong the second half and we were lucky enough to have scored several times in the first half.  I think I've heard the D-end has one more year left.  If so, watch out!

Hoghead

Quote from: MoTownDog on August 19, 2014, 11:15:23 am
I have them picked in the top 2 this year.  If there had been a 5th quarter they would have beat us last year.  They came out strong the second half and we were lucky enough to have scored several times in the first half.  I think I've heard the D-end has one more year left.  If so, watch out!

The Hope vs Morrilton 5A semifinal was a great game ! The DE McTelvin Agim is just a Jr. Alabama, Texas,  Oklahoma, Clemson, Stanford, Auburn and Arkansas have all offered. Hope will be decent this year.

helmethair

Rowe amd Agim will be really tired playing both ways, especially Rowe.  We will find out right where Hope is week 1.  Scrappers are pretty good, not great by any stretch

Hoghead

Quote from: helmethair on August 19, 2014, 01:32:29 pm
Rowe amd Agim will be really tired playing both ways, especially Rowe.  We will find out right where Hope is week 1.  Scrappers are pretty good, not great by any stretch

I'm sure these young men are in shape. They pulled it off as Sophomores. Rowe is a big one though ! 6-3 315 !!! Good luck to the Scrappers !!!!!

helmethair

I'm no Scrapper fan I will be pulling for Hope

hawgfan15

This will be a great early test for both teams. I think this will be Nashville's best team since 2009, only time will tell. I could see both teams playing in December.

With the changes at Camden Fairview and the annual overhype of WC I see this conference coming down to Hope and Whitehall. If the sophomore quarterback can play at a high level then I see Hope winning the conference.

wing

Quote from: hawgfan15 on August 19, 2014, 07:13:08 pm
This will be a great early test for both teams. I think this will be Nashville's best team since 2009, only time will tell. I could see both teams playing in December.

With the changes at Camden Fairview and the annual overhype of WC I see this conference coming down to Hope and Whitehall. If the sophomore quarterback can play at a high level then I see Hope winning the conference.

Sometimes change is good.......stir stir stir ;)

02 bobcats

If our DB's who are all jr's can gel we will be tough 2 beat. We return 6 starters on offense with 4 of them being o linemen. Our skill players will be scary for other teams. With stubber at qb we have a chance 2 put up a lot points. Steve caple n cj Briggs outside both have height n the ability 2 get deep will stress dB's out. We then have love Lawson Stevenson n the slots all running in the 4.4 4.5 range can take it 2 the house at anytime. We then will run Corey Haynes n Townsend down teams throat. Look 4 the cats too make a run to the rock this year

Hoghead

Corey Haynes is back ? I didn't know that. OMG it could get ugly for opposing teams ! That backfield is loaded ! Haynes is a streak of lightning ! Kid can flat out run !

hawgfan15

August 21, 2014, 01:02:56 am #13 Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 10:12:55 am by hawgfan15
Quote from: wing on August 20, 2014, 06:18:07 am

Time will tell

rapstr

Quote from: MoTownDog on August 19, 2014, 11:15:23 am
That D-end you speak of this will be the start of his junior season so watch out for the next two years.

mhfcharlesi

All this talk about the players..lets not forget the play calling because we all remember right before half instead of taking the 3 points against morrilton, ran some type of trick play look and got stuffed..and end up losing the game by 3. that still burns me up everytime i think about it..take the points because that was a chip shot field goal but im like kermit, "that's none of my business" lol Go Bobcats hope you guys can overcome that and build off that mistake last year

hawgfan15

I have seen a lot of chip shot field goals in high school football... Never trust the kicker.

This is the best coach Hope has had in a long time. His aggressive play calling has/will win more games than it will lose games.

GuvHog

Where have you seen or heard any overhype of WC this year??? Every WC fan I've talked to has a cautious wait and see attitude because of the coaching change. My polling prediction is nothing but a wishful shot in the dark.

mhfcharlesi

hawgfan i'm just going with the points because I had seen the kicker and he had made some further than that one and im not questioning whether he is a good coach..by far he is a good one and he has done a tremendous job with turning the cats around

hawgfan15

Quote from: GuvHog on August 21, 2014, 02:02:36 pm

Where have you seen or heard any overhype of WC this year??? Every WC fan I've talked to has a cautious wait and see attitude because of the coaching change. My polling prediction is nothing but a wishful shot in the dark.

Your poll prediction. And the last several years.

hawgfan15

Quote from: mhfcharlesi on August 21, 2014, 02:59:06 pm
hawgfan i'm just going with the points because I had seen the kicker and he had made some further than that one and im not questioning whether he is a good coach..by far he is a good one and he has done a tremendous job with turning the cats around

I was just saying his aggressive play calling is one of the main reasons he is a very good coach and why he will win a lot of games at Hope. I wasn't saying that you thought otherwise.

02 bobcats

Yes Corey Haynes is back n had a great off season. The Townsend kid transferred in from stamps and will help the run n pass game out a lot. This maybe the best offense hope has put on the field since the 2001 team depth wise

Hoghead

Hope will be salty no doubt. But so will CF, WH and WC ! Heck Hot Springs might catch somebody sleeping ! It's going to be a great year.

4thandgoal

Quote from: wing on August 20, 2014, 06:18:07 am

I hear everyone, but Magnolia will sneak up on the 5A South this year. Possible playoff.

02 bobcats

So true hoghead. We have to go to WC and Camden in a 3 WK period so that can be tough on a young team. It will be a long good year. GO BOBCATS!!!!!

GuvHog

Quote from: hawgfan15 on August 21, 2014, 03:56:12 pm
Quote from: GuvHog on August 21, 2014, 02:02:36 pm

Your poll prediction. And the last several years.

The last several years ain't this year and as I stated, my poll prediction is only a wishful thinking shot in the dark. I really know very little about them other than they have a kid playing this year that didn't play last year due to his dislike of Shelton. He's a 6'4" 312lb Lineman, so I have been told.

02 bobcats

Wat is chapel like did year? After losing battle n the we that killed our CB wat do dey have lefy

helmethair

Quote from: hawgfan15 on August 21, 2014, 01:06:47 pm
I have seen a lot of chip shot field goals in high school football... Never trust the kicker.

This is the best coach Hope has had in a long time. His aggressive play calling has/will win more games than it will lose games.
exactly.  No FG is a chip shot for a Hope kicker

helmethair

Quote from: Hoghead on August 21, 2014, 11:27:44 pm
Hope will be salty no doubt. But so will CF, WH and WC ! Heck Hot Springs might catch somebody sleeping ! It's going to be a great year.
actually Fairview is gonna be down quite a bit this year

wildboy44

Quote from: helmethair on August 22, 2014, 09:15:12 am
Keep sleeping on them!!

helmethair

Quote from: wildboy44 on August 22, 2014, 09:20:45 am
Keep sleeping on them!!
how could they possibly be anywhere near what they were last year.  You are gonna have to tell me more than to keep sleeping on them.  OL will be worse, QB worse, RBs worse

Youngsta71701

Quote from: helmethair on August 22, 2014, 09:25:53 am
Keep sleeping on them!!
how could they possibly be anywhere near what they were last year.  You are gonna have to tell me more than to keep sleeping on them.  OL will be worse, QB worse, RBs worse

You'll see when the season starts. We have a few surprises up our sleeve. Keep sleeping on them!!

loyal fan

Hope still scrimmage Texarkana?

helmethair

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on August 22, 2014, 09:40:43 am
Keep sleeping on them!!

You'll see when the season starts. We have a few surprises up our sleeve. Keep sleeping on them!!
lol again no facts to back up why they will be really good

RamFan06

Quote from: helmethair on August 22, 2014, 10:45:54 am
Keep sleeping on them!!

Not saying your wrong, but where are your facts backing up your claims? I havent heard from anyone besides you that those positions will be worse than last year. I have heard O Line will be smaller, but that doesnt always translate into worse. We know speed will still be there. QB is a questions at this point but I cant imagine they wont have a good RB.

mhfcharlesi

Loyal fan yes they scrimmage them Tuesday the 26th @ Hope

02 bobcats

It starts at 5 pm with the 8th n 9th grade scrimmage first.

helmethair

Quote from: RamFan06 on August 22, 2014, 10:48:41 am
Keep sleeping on them!!

Not saying your wrong, but where are your facts backing up your claims? I havent heard from anyone besides you that those positions will be worse than last year. I have heard O Line will be smaller, but that doesnt always translate into worse. We know speed will still be there. QB is a questions at this point but I cant imagine they wont have a good RB.
talked to the coaches, they usually know

wildboy44

Quote from: helmethair on August 22, 2014, 12:51:19 pm
Keep sleeping on them!!

Facts show up on Friday night. Im sure the coaches told you. On Fairview down year, we are better than most. Who is your team?

RamFan06

Quote from: helmethair on August 22, 2014, 12:51:19 pm
Keep sleeping on them!!

I cant imagine any coaches telling you their team is not good. Besides, how many of these coaches were actually there last year?

02 bobcats

Just informed Agim will play sum FB TE n WR. Dats A 6'3 freight train cumn at cha full speed ahead

Hoghead

August 23, 2014, 12:14:40 am #41 Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 11:44:42 am by Hoghead

Since Camden High merged with Fairview I will never expect them to exactly have a down year. The cupboard might not be full at CF,  but it sure isnt empty.  After the then #1 5A Cardinals walked out of Hammons Stadium last year with a 17-12 loss. I assure you they have the HOPE GAME circled !!!

02 bobcats

U sure rite hoghead. They will have a welcome banner waiting for us down their as we pull in the school

02 bobcats

Hoghead will you be attending the game Tue night?

Hoghead

Quote from: 02 bobcats on August 24, 2014, 08:04:18 pm
Hoghead will you be attending the game Tue night?

No, I'll be there on Sept. 5th vs Nashville. South End Zone, red HHS cape, red jump suit, 2013 5A South Football Champ Gold Medallion and red gators on my feet. You can't miss me !!!

02 bobcats

I'll see u then. I'll post stats during the game tue

Frogger

Quote from: 02 bobcats on August 22, 2014, 10:26:37 pm
Just informed Agim will play sum FB TE n WR. Dats A 6'3 freight train cumn at cha full speed ahead
well he's a complete stud but he's not 6-3

02 bobcats

I'm at the school daily. His height weight measures were 6`3 255. I only state n post the things I know are facts

Frogger

Quote from: 02 bobcats on August 25, 2014, 10:17:01 am
I'm at the school daily. His height weight measures were 6`3 255. I only state n post the things I know are facts
I saw him personally get measured at 6-1 3/4 You must be talking about with shoes

Frogger

August 25, 2014, 12:52:36 pm #49 Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 12:54:12 pm by Frogger
Kids are usually listed a tad taller than they are on rivals.  He is 6-2 on rivals.  Also I've been 6-3 for years and he's not my height.  Go measure him barefoot today.  If he's 6-3 I will buy you a steak dinner, don't count the fro

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas