• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Batesville 2014

Started by michael2370, August 02, 2014, 05:35:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

michael2370

August 02, 2014, 05:35:19 pm Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 07:49:07 pm by michael2370
Does Batesville make it to the rock for the fourth year in a row?  I know they have a kicker that is being recruited and a tall very fast qb. But they did graduate between 15 and 25 seniors each of the last three years.  I am not sure but that may not be the case this year.  What  do you think?

tmycjy

Quote from: michael2370 on August 02, 2014, 05:35:19 pm
Does Batesville make it to the rock for the fourth year in a row?  I know they have a kicker that is being recruited and a tall very fast qb. But they did graduate between 15 and 25 seniors each of the last three years.  I am not sure but that may not be the case this year.  What  do you think?

In my oppenion you could be the wild card

Uncle Ivan

walkingguy72396

I do not know for a fact.  I would guess that 10th, 11th and 12th grades at Batesville total win/loss record is probably is around 9 wins to every loss.  These kids know how to win football games.  They are definently in the mix. 

Every-time the last few years I have seen a Batesville JV through 7th grade team I have been impressed by how disciplined they are and always seem to have that big tight-end that can make some grabs.

Kickers can help you win those close ones, but some-times I think they cost the offense 4 points.

michael2370

I have also watched for many years. I wonder about the line this year.

The_Pioneer

We will be the greatest team in the history of football.  The U of Greenwood would be impressed with this edition of Pioneer football. Go ahead and mail those forfeits into the high school office.  It will be easier for the rest of you.

michael2370

August 03, 2014, 04:45:13 pm #6 Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 04:46:50 pm by michael2370
Yes they will reload but this team will be smaller in a few key positions than the last several

michael2370

OK. .  who is  the teams Batesville should worry about.  Watson Chapel is the only team in Batesvilles schedule that is unknown in regards the fact we either have never played them or it had been a long time.  That is game one.

michael2370

OK who is going to beat Batesville and why

The Future

Quote from: michael2370 on August 04, 2014, 07:48:31 pm

Wynne and Hope have the best shots at beating Batesville.
Pulaski Academy is next. Everyone else Batesville should be able to take care of.

And I know they ain't 5A no more but I would love to see another Alma Batesville matchup

Uncle Ivan

Nobody.  Batesville gonna punish, and all that.

GuvHog

Quote from: The Future on August 04, 2014, 09:07:05 pm

Wynne and Hope have the best shots at beating Batesville.
Pulaski Academy is next. Everyone else Batesville should be able to take care of.

We'll see about that come September the 5th.

SECFOOTBALLFAN

The Future

Batesville by 2 TDs over Chapel

michael2370

Batesville 30 Watson Chapel  14

Lionheart88

Batesville could go 13-0 and not prove anything.  We all know Batesville has the proven track record.  They'll make a deep run in the playoffs, may well go back to WMS.  It's that last game they need to really prove themselves, to show that they're not the Buffalo Bills of 5A.

michael2370

That may be the Bills of high school but 99 percent of the teams would like that opportunity  to make it to the rock just once.

Lionheart88

Well duh.  That's a given.  But it shouldn't be enough for the Pioneers anymore.  That's my point.  Are they satisfied with always second-best, or will this be the year when they finally reach the mountaintop?

The_Pioneer

We've reached the mountain top.  We have a title.  We'll be ok.  Worry about your own program "reaching the mountain top".

The Future

4 time back2back2back2back runner ups.

While its true that is by no means a bad thing, it just isn't good enough anymore when you come so close 3 times. (I mean 3 years of making it to the finals. I know the 2011 game was no where close to being close). Batesville has proven they are a title contender. But they need to prove to everyone they can win the big one. And even more so, they need to prove it to themselves.

GuvHog

Quote from: michael2370 on August 05, 2014, 06:46:36 pm
Batesville 30 Watson Chapel  14

I'm not making any predictions until I watch WC in their scrimmage game which I believe is at home against Forrest City. Not sure though

The_Pioneer

Quote from: The Future on August 05, 2014, 08:57:16 pm

While its true that is by no means a bad thing, it just isn't good enough anymore when you come so close 3 times. (I mean 3 years of making it to the finals. I know the 2011 game was no where close to being close). Batesville has proven they are a title contender. But they need to prove to everyone they can win the big one. And even more so, they need to prove it to themselves.

So the Pioneers need to prove to all of you that can't make it that far that we can win it?  Gotcha.

The Future

Quote from: The_Pioneer on August 06, 2014, 04:07:26 pm
Quote from: The Future on August 05, 2014, 08:57:16 pm

So the Pioneers need to prove to all of you that can't make it that far that we can win it?  Gotcha.

That's exactly right. Batesville needs to prove they are better than 2nd place. I can't think of any other team other than the Bills who made it 4 times and failed to bring home the gold. Every other team in the past who has made it has either won or failed. Then they try again. Sometimes they win again. Sometimes they fail again. But Batesville? Batesville is the 3time second best team. They made it to the end 3 years in a row! And lost everytime. C'mon man!  That's old news. If yall make it this year, whooptydoo. It's time to show everyone that y'all are good enough to finally win state.

The_Pioneer

Um, we won in 2003.  When was your last title?

The Future

Quote from: The_Pioneer on August 06, 2014, 06:22:07 pm

I'm a Greenwood fan buddy.
Hang your hat on your one title 11 years ago

btownbomber

Quote from: The Future on August 06, 2014, 07:32:01 pm
Quote from: The_Pioneer on August 06, 2014, 06:22:07 pm

I'm a Greenwood fan buddy.
Hang your hat on your one title 11 years ago

BAM!!!

The_Pioneer

Well, thanks for stopping by.  We will take your thoughts under advisement.

The Future

August 10, 2014, 08:03:09 pm #27 Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 08:05:34 pm by The Future
Quote from: The_Pioneer on August 09, 2014, 07:33:34 am
Well, thanks for stopping by.  We will take your thoughts under advisement.

Lol. Make sure that you do. Or else Batesville will have the honor of being the 4time runner up and will have an even bigger chip on its shoulder come the start of next season.

Best of luck on fielding a team that in your own words, would impress Greenwood, be the best team in history, and would cause every team on your schedule and in 5A to send forfeits to the Batesville school district ASAP.

But hey I think we're jumping the gun, as yall would say. Week 1 is still several weeks away. Playoffs are even further. There are 13 weeks to play before week 14. For all we know, Batesville might not even make it this year. Making it to state 4 seasons in a row is very hard to do and only the elite teams have done.

Ok time to mosey on back to the nonstop excitement rush that is the 6A board...

michael2370

Batesville did win it in 2003.  What do they have to prove?

Lionheart88

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers won the Super bowl in 2003, what do they have to prove?

The current seniors were 6-7 years old at the time.  That game is completely irrelevant to this team.

The Future

Quote from: michael2370 on August 10, 2014, 09:33:55 pm
Batesville did win it in 2003.  What do they have to prove?

Batesville won in 2003. What do they have to prove now?? Really? You just asked that?

Lets clarify something. While it is true Batesville does have the 2003 state title, the school itself didn't play and win it. The 2003 team did. The 2003 Batesville players are the champions. Not the school building. That being said, that game and season has nothing to do with this season. Who cares if yall won a title a decade ago. These kids on this year's team do not have rings. This team has no title. This year's team, and every other team for that matter, is playing for this year's title and should WANT to prove they are the best. You and the Pioneer are making it sound like since Batesville has already climbed the mountain and got the gold, yall no longer need to prove that yall can be the number 1 team again. So by your logic, the only teams in Arkansas who have something to prove are the ones who have never won a title? Thats not how it works. Do you think after Greenwood won the 2000 title, we came back, got undressed, put the title in a case, and said "ok we're good. We have our one title. We aren't gonna try for another?" Heck no! Every team should have the goal of playing their best so they can hold that trophy up in December. And if your team wins that trophy, the next year's team is a different team in a different season with a different trophy and should want to prove that they are the best that year. Your 2003 title means nothing this season. Greenwood's 7 titles, Bennie's titles, even Pine Bluff and LR Central's titles don't mean anything this season. We are all wanting to prove we are the best. And with Batesville coming so close 3 years in a row now, you would think that would light a fire under your crack and give you a motivation that no other team could have. You say Batesville has nothing to prove. I don't believe that for one second, but if its true that Batesville has nothing to prove or doesn't want to prove they can be number 1, then I say Batesville doesn't deserve the 2014 state title.

Its a new season. Everyone should WANT to prove they are the best for the 2014 season. If not, take your helmet off and go sit in the stands.

Disclaimer: I am not saying Batesville doesn't want or strive to win state. I actually believe they try just as hard as the next team. I posted this in response to michael2370 and the Pioneer saying Batesville has nothing to prove by winning state and ending the 3 year runner up streak.

The_Pioneer

I'm curious why you care so much.  Plus, using your logic, every player that graduated in the last few years should be burning to win one.  The sophmores on this team weren't there.  They "shouldn't care" about previous years.  Go troll on your own forum.

The Future

Quote from: The_Pioneer on August 11, 2014, 05:29:00 pm
I'm curious why you care so much.  Plus, using your logic, every player that graduated in the last few years should be burning to win one.  The sophmores on this team weren't there.  They "shouldn't care" about previous years.  Go troll on your own forum.

Hmm good point. I see what your saying.

Who's to say the previous class still isn't somewhat frustrated they didn't win? I'm sure the senior class with 3 runner ups is still burning with frustration.

The 10th grade class might not care about previous years. But they need to care about this year. Like I said, we are all playing for top spots now.

You ask me why I care so much? I could ask why you don't care enough.

Go Postal

Some posters have jived the Pioneers about being at the "Rock" three times in a row and came up as State Runner-ups.
I look at this and see that Batesville has been one of the best 2 teams out of 30 other teams that wished that they could be at the "Rock" in the last 3 seasons. I think that this is a great accomplishment.  For instance, let's take Harrison's record in another sport for reference...

26 State Playoffs (16 of the best 5A schools)
Boys: '02-'14
Girls: '02-'14

22 Semi-finalists (4 of the best 5A schools)
Boys:  '02-'14
Girls:  '02-04, '09-'14

3 State Runner-ups (2 of the best 5A schools)
Boys:  '13
Girls:  '03, '13

10 State Championships (Best of the all 5A schools and tied 1st for all boys/girls Arkansas State conferences)
Boys:  '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08
Girls:  '02, '04, '11, '14

1.  Does this make us sit back on our laurels and NOT try to do better?  No.

2.  Does this make us a target for other teams to improve and to beat us?  Yes, always.

3.  Could there be better teams out there?  Yes, every year is a new experience.

Anyway back to football, this is the same scenario for any top teams in any sport.  Pioneers you have proved that you have been one of the 2 best teams of the 32 teams playing in the last 3 seasons.  This is a great accomplishment.  Let's move on and Good Luck Pioneers this season and cycle!

Uncle Ivan

August 11, 2014, 10:27:54 pm #34 Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 10:29:39 pm by Uncle Ivan

Go Postal

August 11, 2014, 10:52:03 pm #35 Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 10:55:59 pm by Go Postal
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on August 11, 2014, 10:27:54 pm
Quote from: Go Postal on August 11, 2014, 08:49:01 pm
another sport

Yes Lightbringer, as you know, the only Sport enjoyed with religious fanaticism in the World, Heaven and Hades. ;)  But anyway back to American High School Football...

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Go Postal on August 11, 2014, 10:52:03 pm
the only Sport enjoyed with religious fanaticism in the World

Goes to explain why the rest of the world is behind us.

C-Mac 73

I see Batesville as an 8-2 team in the regular season with losses at Jonesboro and Wynne, then getting a rematch with Wynne in War Memorial. 12-2 or 11-3 depending on outcome of state title game.  ;D

justalionfan

Quote from: C-Mac 73 on August 12, 2014, 10:51:38 am
I see Batesville as an 8-2 team in the regular season with losses at Jonesboro and Wynne, then getting a rematch with Wynne in War Memorial. 12-2 or 11-3 depending on outcome of state title game.  ;D

C-Mac, do you got the same phone number?

C-Mac 73

Quote from: justajacketfan on August 12, 2014, 11:16:27 am

C-Mac, do you got the same phone number?
Yes sir!

SouthernerPride

Neers should breeze through the conference until they travel to Wynne. Should roll through the playoffs as well until Hope/Wynne/PA/Alma plugs in the buzz saw.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: SouthernerPride on August 14, 2014, 06:01:10 pm
Should roll through the playoffs as well until Alma plugs in the buzz saw.

I'd like to see how they manage that.

The_Pioneer

That would be an interesting feat.  Maybe they might even beat one of us.

Go Postal

August 14, 2014, 07:25:06 pm #43 Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 07:28:47 pm by Go Postal
He probably meant a West team ;), just got confused with this new cycle.  LOL.

BTW, The_Pioneer, your avatar pic is broken, if you didn't know buddy.

The_Pioneer

I have them all turned off but thanks.

incogneto

August 16, 2014, 05:41:48 am #45 Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 12:09:13 pm by incogneto
Sorry wrong thread.

michael2370

Who does Batesville scrimmage against?  How good is the opponent expected to be this year?

Go Postal

I wish that we still had the preseason scrimmage against the Pioneers, like old days.  Who are you going against?

Intelligentsia

I see Batesville as an 8-2 team in the regular season with losses at Jonesboro and Wynne, then getting a rematch with Wynne in War Memorial. 12-2 or 11-3 depending on outcome of state title game.  ;D. /quote]

Fair assessment, but if the o-line can give the QB just a little time, watch out.  This team may give Wynne and Jonesboro fits.  The QB has targets all over the field and a couple running backs that will make a team pay if they try to protect for the pass just a little too much.  He just need to keep the passes high and let those big boys go up and snag 'em:) 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas