• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Camden Fairview Cardinals

Started by wildboy44, July 24, 2014, 09:36:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hoggy on August 04, 2014, 01:26:38 pm
If this is true about Crockett Camden will be down bigtime this year

Who are you and what do you know about Camden?

wing

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on August 04, 2014, 03:55:45 pm

Crockett is good but he was not the whole team. We still have plenty of talent in the backfield and at receiver. It's called a spread for a reason. We don't just count on one person to make every play we spread the ball around. Hint: Look for Kevin "D.J." Franklin to be the man now barring injury.

It will definitely hurt but D.J. will fill in fine.

spongebob

Quote from: wing on August 04, 2014, 04:16:40 pm

Crockett is good but he was not the whole team. We still have plenty of talent in the backfield and at receiver. It's called a spread for a reason. We don't just count on one person to make every play we spread the ball around. Hint: Look for Kevin "D.J." Franklin to be the man now barring injury.

It will definitely hurt but D.J. will fill in fine.
Not trying to be mean but there's a big difference in the two backs.

spongebob

From what I hear, and I could be wrong, but the spread is history.

wildboy44

Quote from: spongebob on August 04, 2014, 05:26:29 pm

spong, I just sent you a pm

Hoggy

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on August 04, 2014, 04:03:58 pm

Im Batman and I know a lot about Camden.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Hoggy on August 04, 2014, 11:22:20 pm
Quote from: Youngsta71701 on August 04, 2014, 04:03:58 pm

Im Batman and I know a lot about Camden.

wing

Respectfully of course, but you are wrong. And yes, Crockett and Franklin are not the same. But that's ok! Wish we still had both, but we don't. Let's move on.

spongebob

Quote from: wing on August 05, 2014, 06:18:26 am

Respectfully of course, but you are wrong. And yes, Crockett and Franklin are not the same. But that's ok! Wish we still had both, but we don't. Let's move on.
That's ok. I'm used to it. I was wrong when I said the OC and DC would leave as soon as they could too lol

wing

Quote from: spongebob on August 05, 2014, 06:40:25 am
Quote from: wing on August 05, 2014, 06:18:26 am

That's ok. I'm used to it. I was wrong when I said the OC and DC would leave as soon as they could too lol

Yep, you called that one. Just don't expect the Wing-T every play.

Big Fan

Quote from: wing on August 05, 2014, 06:55:40 am
.....but if you win a bunch of games running the Wing T, do you really care what offense they run? 

Frogger

Please tell me Camden is running the Wing T

Lionheart88

Quote from: Big Fan on August 05, 2014, 08:54:29 am
.....but if you win a bunch of games running the Wing T, do you really care what offense they run?
Cabot fans do.

SECFOOTBALLFAN

Word just in, Camden is running the single wing

wing

I could care less what we run as long as we are winning. Others seem to disagree.

Temprees

Quote from: wing on August 05, 2014, 10:15:37 am

I could care less what we run as long as we are winning. Others seem to disagree.
The kids don't like that offense and don't want to run it.  I understand that it played a factor in Crockett leaving.

RamFan06

Quote from: Temprees on August 05, 2014, 11:02:56 am

The kids don't like that offense and don't want to run it.  I understand that it played a factor in Crockett leaving.

I'm sorry but that is one of the problems with this generation. These kids are in high school not the NFL. If you don't like what the coach is doing, TOO BAD! If the coach wants to run a wing T, a single wing or a double super secret wishbone.....RUN IT. If you want to play RB but he needs you at TE, guess what, play TE. Hopefully the coach knows what he is doing and is setting the team up to be as successful as possible. If the coach doesn't know what he is doing and is making a bunch of stupid moves, that is on the administration. 

Lionheart88

Indeed.  The team is bigger than "I want".  If you want to play, if you want what's best for everyone, you do what your coach asks of you and you do it to the best of your ability.

Big Fan

The kids don't like that offense and don't want to run it.
For the most part, kids are like most everyone else......winning trumps type of offense.

Rayburn

Quote from: GuvHog on August 04, 2014, 02:40:17 pm
Quote from: Rayburn on August 04, 2014, 01:29:46 pm
After looking it up, there was an exception. It says if a student is from 25 miles away or further, and makes a bona fide move to within 25 miles of the private school, he/she is eligible.
Absolute strips the rule of all power. it just means the private schools had to expand their recruiting territories. And from a school that was willing to bring a pair of 6-7 Africans overseas to live with the basketball coach, Camden, AR is nothing.

They had to make that exception. In public schools, if a players family makes a bonafied move from 1 district to another, the player is immediately eligible to play so they had to make a similar rule for private schools. Crockett is indeed eligible to play this season at LRC.
No, they didn't have to make that exception. The whole reason for the rule was to minimize the built-in advantages of the private schools that offer "financial aid". In other words, the private schools' special circumstances requires a special rule. It shouldn't matter if it's not the same for public schools that don't have those advantages.

There's also a rule that states if a transfer is deemed to be for athletic purposes, the player will be declared ineligible. They either need to enforce this rule, or abolish it. Because all they ever do is accept any old reason given for the move. Does anyone think this kid would transfer to this particular school if his old coach hadn't just been hired there? This is a move for athletic purposes if there ever was one, and if the AAA can't use some common sense, show some credibility and do something about it, then just declare free-for-all and be done with it.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Big Fan on August 05, 2014, 11:54:23 am
The kids don't like that offense and don't want to run it.
For the most part, kids are like most everyone else......winning trumps type of offense.
yes it does....but they have to know the offense and execute it accurately in order to win. :)

Hoggy

Quote from: RamFan06 on August 05, 2014, 11:33:40 am

I'm sorry but that is one of the problems with this generation. These kids are in high school not the NFL. If you don't like what the coach is doing, TOO BAD! If the coach wants to run a wing T, a single wing or a double super secret wishbone.....RUN IT. If you want to play RB but he needs you at TE, guess what, play TE. Hopefully the coach knows what he is doing and is setting the team up to be as successful as possible. If the coach doesn't know what he is doing and is making a bunch of stupid moves, that is on the administration.
Anyone who runs the Wing T at Camden has to be a moron.  I can see a high school with not much talent and speed running it.

Lionheart88

Quote from: Hoggy on August 05, 2014, 02:38:32 pm

Anyone who runs the Wing T at Camden has to be a moron.  I can see a high school with not much talent and speed running it.
I'm not sure I understand.  If you can run it without speed, wouldn't it be even better with speed?

DogsWin7

Ya'll need to try and keep up!!!  ;) 

GuvHog

Quote from: Rayburn on August 05, 2014, 12:01:08 pm
After looking it up, there was an exception. It says if a student is from 25 miles away or further, and makes a bona fide move to within 25 miles of the private school, he/she is eligible.
Absolute strips the rule of all power. it just means the private schools had to expand their recruiting territories. And from a school that was willing to bring a pair of 6-7 Africans overseas to live with the basketball coach, Camden, AR is nothing.

They had to make that exception. In public schools, if a players family makes a bonafied move from 1 district to another, the player is immediately eligible to play so they had to make a similar rule for private schools. Crockett is indeed eligible to play this season at LRC.
No, they didn't have to make that exception. The whole reason for the rule was to minimize the built-in advantages of the private schools that offer "financial aid". In other words, the private schools' special circumstances requires a special rule. It shouldn't matter if it's not the same for public schools that don't have those advantages.

There's also a rule that states if a transfer is deemed to be for athletic purposes, the player will be declared ineligible. They either need to enforce this rule, or abolish it. Because all they ever do is accept any old reason given for the move. Does anyone think this kid would transfer to this particular school if his old coach hadn't just been hired there? This is a move for athletic purposes if there ever was one, and if the AAA can't use some common sense, show some credibility and do something about it, then just declare free-for-all and be done with it.

A bonafied move is a bonafied move. You can't deny a player when his family does that.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Lionheart88 on August 05, 2014, 02:39:54 pm
Quote from: Hoggy on August 05, 2014, 02:38:32 pm

I'm not sure I understand.  If you can run it without speed, wouldn't it be even better with speed?

Speed in small spaces can easily be caught but speed in open space is hard to catch!

the game

Mike doesn't run the wing T offense ... or at least he didn't at Bearden ... he ran the single wing ... If you have an athletic Quarterback you will enjoy it ... 61-8 in 5 years at Bearden ... results were 3 semifinal finishes and the other 2 years the championship game ... Mike will do good at Camden especially if he can find an athletic quarterback during August practices ...

Big Fan

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on August 05, 2014, 03:08:51 pm
Speed in small spaces can easily be caught but speed in open space is hard to catch!
Tell that to the team Camden played in the '09 Championship game.

SECFOOTBALLFAN

Sounds like Crockett isn't a team player, Camden should be better off without him

SECFOOTBALLFAN

Quote from: GuvHog on August 05, 2014, 02:57:58 pm
Quote from: Rayburn on August 05, 2014, 12:01:08 pm

A bonafied move is a bonafied move. You can't deny a player when his family does that.

This is true, Guv should know.  You know his brother is on the school board

SECFOOTBALLFAN

Quote from: Big Fan on August 05, 2014, 04:28:19 pm

+1

wing

That CF team was better equipped to stop the pass and had no chance at stopping their run game. That was one cold ballgame.

Temprees

Quote from: SECFOOTBALLFAN on August 05, 2014, 04:34:07 pm

Sounds like Crockett isn't a team player, Camden should be better off without him
Not true at all. His parents made the move that they believed to be in Crockets best interest.

SECFOOTBALLFAN

Wait Temp

Just a bit ago Crockett left CF cause he didn't want to play in the wing T. I mean really, what runningback in his right mind would want to play in a run first offense????????????

But now, seeing how your senseless post made Crockett look self centered and ignorant, you refute your own post and say his parents made the move because it was in his best interest????????????

So basically, what you're trying to say is, you're just on here running your mouth because you like to hear your head rattle, and the guys at the barbershop don't much like listening to your tom foolery anymore, so you're on here rattling your keys........

Please stop talking about Crockett. You're making him look as silly as you

Hoggy

Quote from: SECFOOTBALLFAN on August 05, 2014, 04:34:07 pm

You are a freaking moron.  From what I hear from Camden coaches Crockett was a great player, teammate, and even better kid

Temprees

August 06, 2014, 12:28:33 am #85 Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 12:54:28 am by Temprees
Quote from: SECFOOTBALLFAN on August 05, 2014, 09:54:55 pm
Wait Temp

Just a bit ago Crockett left CF cause he didn't want to play in the wing T. I mean really, what runningback in his right mind would want to play in a run first offense????????????

But now, seeing how your senseless post made Crockett look self centered and ignorant, you refute your own post and say his parents made the move because it was in his best interest????????????

So basically, what you're trying to say is, you're just on here running your mouth because you like to hear your head rattle, and the guys at the barbershop don't much like listening to your tom foolery anymore, so you're on here rattling your keys........

Your reading comprehension is not very good.  In my first post, I never said that Crockett left because he did not want to play in the wing T.  I said that the CF KIDS did not like the offense, ( and they don't), and that it was my understanding that it (the new offense) was "a" factor, (not "the" factor) in Crockett leaving.  Crockett can't leave on his own, it takes a parent to do that.  His parents decided that it was in his best interest to move. 

What I said did not make Crockett look self centered, you just ignorantly made wrong and foolish assumptions about the kid.  If you would have thought just a little, you would have realized that Crockett would get the ball more in the wing T than he would have in the Spread.  Also you should have noticed that I said that the CF KIDS (that's plural) don't like the new offense, not just Crockett.  Before and after Coach Cox got the CF job, he stated that CF would continue to run the spread.  Since the single wing has been introduced, the KIDS are disappointed, because they all have run the spread since the 7th grade.  CF ran the spread in Spring practice, and all summer.  Single wing introduced on the first day of fall camp, though there have been hints about going in that direction from time to time over the summer, I have heard.

BTW, I haven't made Crockett look silly, but you have certainly made yourself look so.

Also, Crockett is a great kid.  Everyone is happy for him, and have wished him well, at least the players have. 

wing

My question is what would certain parents/fans be saying if BJ was still our coach and he decided that based on our current talent, the Wing T was our best chance to get us back to WMS? I think everyone would be on board. This has less to do with what offense we will run and more to do with who our head coach is why other coaches are no longer here. If I was a concerned parent and I didn't think this was the best system for my son, why wouldn't I just move him 30 minutes south and have him play for 6A powerhouse Eldorado? Why move him to where? LR who? Why not PA??? I'm sure DC is a great kid and he has good parents, but please don't tell me this move is simply over what offense CF will run because its not.

GuvHog

Quote from: wing on August 06, 2014, 07:33:13 am
My question is what would certain parents/fans be saying if BJ was still our coach and he decided that based on our current talent, the Wing T was our best chance to get us back to WMS? I think everyone would be on board. This has less to do with what offense we will run and more to do with who our head coach is why other coaches are no longer here. If I was a concerned parent and I didn't think this was the best system for my son, why wouldn't I just move him 30 minutes south and have him play for 6A powerhouse Eldorado? Why move him to where? LR who? Why not PA??? I'm sure DC is a great kid and he has good parents, but please don't tell me this move is simply over what offense CF will run because its not.

Not the winged T, the Single Wing.

SECFOOTBALLFAN

Temprees is much like your liberal media.

Your liberal media says that the economy is in a tailspin......so in response, people quit spending money, employers stop hiring and expanding, and the economy stalls.  All of this purely based on the liberal propaganda

Your liberal media says that Obama is leading in the polls and the young voters are expected to vote for him.

Guess what, your swing voters vote for Obama because the propaganda told them to.

That's exactly what Temprees is doing, many Camden kids are on this board reading what is being said about their new head coach and they're seeing Temprees run his mouth about this horrible offense and none of the kids like it and blah blah blah.

I thought you were a Camden fan Temp?  Why are you trying to cause problems down in Cardinal land?  Stick to your day job and quit trying to be the voice of the players.  There is no CF Players Union, and they don't want you to be their rep.

spongebob

I think he just wants to be back with his old coach. Someone he is familiar with.

Youngsta71701

lol...that's an exception...they were just grown men!

Youngsta71701

August 06, 2014, 09:36:33 am #91 Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 09:38:29 am by Youngsta71701
Quote from: Temprees on August 06, 2014, 12:28:33 am
Quote from: SECFOOTBALLFAN on August 05, 2014, 09:54:55 pm
Wait Temp

Your reading comprehension is not very good.  In my first post, I never said that Crockett left because he did not want to play in the wing T.  I said that the CF KIDS did not like the offense, ( and they don't), and that it was my understanding that it (the new offense) was "a" factor, (not "the" factor) in Crockett leaving.  Crockett can't leave on his own, it takes a parent to do that.  His parents decided that it was in his best interest to move. 

What I said did not make Crockett look self centered, you just ignorantly made wrong and foolish assumptions about the kid.  If you would have thought just a little, you would have realized that Crockett would get the ball more in the wing T than he would have in the Spread.  Also you should have noticed that I said that the CF KIDS (that's plural) don't like the new offense, not just Crockett.  Before and after Coach Cox got the CF job, he stated that CF would continue to run the spread.  Since the single wing has been introduced, the KIDS are disappointed, because they all have run the spread since the 7th grade.  CF ran the spread in Spring practice, and all summer.  Single wing introduced on the first day of fall camp, though there have been hints about going in that direction from time to time over the summer, I have heard.

BTW, I haven't made Crockett look silly, but you have certainly made yourself look so.

Also, Crockett is a great kid.  Everyone is happy for him, and have wished him well, at least the players have.

Cox did say that we would continue to run the spread. But he didn't say we would run it on every play. I guess he had to be politically correct huh? Because I'm pretty sure we will still see it sometimes but not nearly as much as the former coaching staff. Not even Buck James ran the spread on every play. See Greenwood loss 2011. Morehead up the middle, Morehead left, Morehead right!!!

wing

Quote from: GuvHog on August 06, 2014, 08:36:30 am

Not the winged T, the Single Wing.

Single Wing, Double Wing, Triple Wing......That's not the point.

spongebob

Another point to remember is if you think you have D1 talent and you are going to a run dominated offense, you better have some hosses in front of you to make some holes to run through. CF wasn't a strong running team last year when the defense knew they were about to run the ball. Buck did a good job in the spread by creating space and using the pass to set up the run. Can this group of offensive linemen dominate at the line of scrimmage? We are about to find out if they ditch the spread.

wing

Quote from: spongebob on August 06, 2014, 09:38:59 am
Another point to remember is if you think you have D1 talent and you are going to a run dominated offense, you better have some hosses in front of you to make some holes to run through. CF wasn't a strong running team last year when the defense knew they were about to run the ball. Buck did a good job in the spread by creating space and using the pass to set up the run. Can this group of offensive linemen dominate at the line of scrimmage? We are about to find out if they ditch the spread.

He did a good job on those 4th and 1 plays at Hope didn't he. 0 for 4!

Youngsta71701

Man I hope we don't have to find out because I love the spread especially with the kind of athletes we have. Get them in space and it turns into a track meet.

spongebob

Quote from: wing on August 06, 2014, 09:49:07 am

He did a good job on those 4th and 1 plays at Hope didn't he. 0 for 4!
But that's my point. The line was stacked and they couldn't get one yard. You should know it's easier to get one yard at the 50 than what they weren't able to do from a yard out

spongebob

I'm just not convinced this group can run block

wing

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on August 06, 2014, 09:55:18 am

Man I hope we don't have to find out because I love the spread especially with the kind of athletes we have. Get them in space and it turns into a track meet.

Hamburg ran the spread against us last year. If I remember nearly every play with just a few exceptions. CMC will get the ball in the hands of the talent we have.

SECFOOTBALLFAN

It doesn't matter what offense you run.  If you can't get 1 yard on any given play then you're not good enough.

Reminds me of NLR's Playoff loss to Fayetteville a couple years ago...NLR was at the goalline with 10Penny in the backfield and couldn't punch it in.  And that loss was directly related to Bolding wanting to stay in a spread formation.  So Cox installing some running formations could very well turn into something valuable for the 14' Cardinals

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas