• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Camden Fairview Cardinals

Started by wildboy44, July 24, 2014, 09:36:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngsta71701

Quote from: spongebob on August 06, 2014, 10:02:12 am
I'm just not convinced this group can run block

Me neither...it's not like we have weld, brown, bever, torrence, and bever blocking for us again...that group right there could have run on anyone at anytime...

Temprees

August 06, 2014, 10:56:21 am #101 Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 10:59:17 am by Temprees
Quote from: Youngsta71701 on August 06, 2014, 09:36:33 am
Quote from: Temprees on August 06, 2014, 12:28:33 am
Quote from: SECFOOTBALLFAN on August 05, 2014, 09:54:55 pm
Wait Temp

Just a bit ago Crockett left CF cause he didn't want to play in the wing T. I mean really, what runningback in his right mind would want to play in a run first offense????????????

But now, seeing how your senseless post made Crockett look self centered and ignorant, you refute your own post and say his parents made the move because it was in his best interest????????????

So basically, what you're trying to say is, you're just on here running your mouth because you like to hear your head rattle, and the guys at the barbershop don't much like listening to your tom foolery anymore, so you're on here rattling your keys........

Please stop talking about Crockett. You're making him look as silly as you
Your reading comprehension is not very good.  In my first post, I never said that Crockett left because he did not want to play in the wing T.  I said that the CF KIDS did not like the offense, ( and they don't), and that it was my understanding that it (the new offense) was "a" factor, (not "the" factor) in Crockett leaving.  Crockett can't leave on his own, it takes a parent to do that.  His parents decided that it was in his best interest to move. 

What I said did not make Crockett look self centered, you just ignorantly made wrong and foolish assumptions about the kid.  If you would have thought just a little, you would have realized that Crockett would get the ball more in the wing T than he would have in the Spread.  Also you should have noticed that I said that the CF KIDS (that's plural) don't like the new offense, not just Crockett.  Before and after Coach Cox got the CF job, he stated that CF would continue to run the spread.  Since the single wing has been introduced, the KIDS are disappointed, because they all have run the spread since the 7th grade.  CF ran the spread in Spring practice, and all summer.  Single wing introduced on the first day of fall camp, though there have been hints about going in that direction from time to time over the summer, I have heard.

BTW, I haven't made Crockett look silly, but you have certainly made yourself look so.

Also, Crockett is a great kid.  Everyone is happy for him, and have wished him well, at least the players have.

Cox did say that we would continue to run the spread. But he didn't say we would run it on every play. I guess he had to be politically correct huh? Because I'm pretty sure we will still see it sometimes but not nearly as much as the former coaching staff. Not even Buck James ran the spread on every play. See Greenwood loss 2011. Morehead up the middle, Morehead left, Morehead right!!!
You are incorrect.  The Cards were in the Spread, the entire time that Morehead was running right, left and up the middle.

Youngsta71701

August 06, 2014, 11:03:18 am #102 Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 11:06:06 am by Youngsta71701
Quote from: Temprees on August 06, 2014, 10:56:21 am
Quote from: Youngsta71701 on August 06, 2014, 09:36:33 am
Quote from: Temprees on August 06, 2014, 12:28:33 am
Quote from: SECFOOTBALLFAN on August 05, 2014, 09:54:55 pm
Wait Temp

Just a bit ago Crockett left CF cause he didn't want to play in the wing T. I mean really, what runningback in his right mind would want to play in a run first offense????????????

But now, seeing how your senseless post made Crockett look self centered and ignorant, you refute your own post and say his parents made the move because it was in his best interest????????????

So basically, what you're trying to say is, you're just on here running your mouth because you like to hear your head rattle, and the guys at the barbershop don't much like listening to your tom foolery anymore, so you're on here rattling your keys........

Please stop talking about Crockett. You're making him look as silly as you
Your reading comprehension is not very good.  In my first post, I never said that Crockett left because he did not want to play in the wing T.  I said that the CF KIDS did not like the offense, ( and they don't), and that it was my understanding that it (the new offense) was "a" factor, (not "the" factor) in Crockett leaving.  Crockett can't leave on his own, it takes a parent to do that.  His parents decided that it was in his best interest to move. 

What I said did not make Crockett look self centered, you just ignorantly made wrong and foolish assumptions about the kid.  If you would have thought just a little, you would have realized that Crockett would get the ball more in the wing T than he would have in the Spread.  Also you should have noticed that I said that the CF KIDS (that's plural) don't like the new offense, not just Crockett.  Before and after Coach Cox got the CF job, he stated that CF would continue to run the spread.  Since the single wing has been introduced, the KIDS are disappointed, because they all have run the spread since the 7th grade.  CF ran the spread in Spring practice, and all summer.  Single wing introduced on the first day of fall camp, though there have been hints about going in that direction from time to time over the summer, I have heard.

BTW, I haven't made Crockett look silly, but you have certainly made yourself look so.

Also, Crockett is a great kid.  Everyone is happy for him, and have wished him well, at least the players have.

Cox did say that we would continue to run the spread. But he didn't say we would run it on every play. I guess he had to be politically correct huh? Because I'm pretty sure we will still see it sometimes but not nearly as much as the former coaching staff. Not even Buck James ran the spread on every play. See Greenwood loss 2011. Morehead up the middle, Morehead left, Morehead right!!!
You are incorrect.  The Cards were in the Spread, the entire time that Morehead was running right, left and up the middle.

I wouldn't call that the spread. That looked more like the wildcat! The point is we didn't run the spread on every play even when Buck James was the coach. Even last year we ran a lot of 2 tight end sets with Hamilton and walker. Way more than in the past.

SECFOOTBALLFAN

More Tebow "Gator Heavy".......a shotgun variation of the diamond T perhaps...not really what anyone would think of when they think of spread

Temprees

August 06, 2014, 11:23:37 am #104 Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 11:35:19 am by Temprees
Quote from: SECFOOTBALLFAN on August 06, 2014, 08:39:18 am
Temprees is much like your liberal media.

Your liberal media says that the economy is in a tailspin......so in response, people quit spending money, employers stop hiring and expanding, and the economy stalls.  All of this purely based on the liberal propaganda

Your liberal media says that Obama is leading in the polls and the young voters are expected to vote for him.

Guess what, your swing voters vote for Obama because the propaganda told them to.

That's exactly what Temprees is doing, many Camden kids are on this board reading what is being said about their new head coach and they're seeing Temprees run his mouth about this horrible offense and none of the kids like it and blah blah blah.

I thought you were a Camden fan Temp?  Why are you trying to cause problems down in Cardinal land?  Stick to your day job and quit trying to be the voice of the players.  There is no CF Players Union, and they don't want you to be their rep.
Just because you don't have a clue about what's going on at CF, doesn't mean that others don't.  I understand your type, when you have been shown to be wrong about the facts, just throw a bunch of nonsense out there and change the subject.

I have yet to mention the new head coach in my posts.  Show me where I have done that.  You won't find it.    Also I have not referred to the new offense as "a horrible offense".  However, I will say that I am not aware of any 5A or above school that has had SUSTAINED success (contending for State Championships) using that type of offense.  Monticello had two goods years with that type of offense, but they went to being average after those big and very good linemen moved on. Consecutive seasons with a good group of players, doesn't amount to SUSTAINED success. 

I am a Cardinal fan, but I am also a realist.  Facts don't make me go nuts, when I don't like them, like they do you.

I am certainly not any spokesperson for the CF kids.  They can speak for themselves, and many have.  You just don't like what's been said. 

And you were able to fit "Liberal Media", "Liberal propoganda", "Obama", and "swing voters" into a topic about the 2014 CF Cardinals.  Wow Rush, keep up the good work.

spongebob

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on August 06, 2014, 10:50:14 am

Me neither...it's not like we have weld, brown, bever, torrence, and bever blocking for us again...that group right there could have run on anyone at anytime...
That was one of the best groups in a while

Temprees

Quote from: spongebob on August 06, 2014, 11:35:00 am
Quote from: Youngsta71701 on August 06, 2014, 10:50:14 am

That was one of the best groups in a while
+1

GuvHog

August 06, 2014, 04:46:33 pm #107 Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 08:21:37 pm by GuvHog
Quote from: wing on August 06, 2014, 09:38:15 am
Quote from: GuvHog on August 06, 2014, 08:36:30 am
Quote from: wing on August 06, 2014, 07:33:13 am
My question is what would certain parents/fans be saying if BJ was still our coach and he decided that based on our current talent, the Wing T was our best chance to get us back to WMS? I think everyone would be on board. This has less to do with what offense we will run and more to do with who our head coach is why other coaches are no longer here. If I was a concerned parent and I didn't think this was the best system for my son, why wouldn't I just move him 30 minutes south and have him play for 6A powerhouse Eldorado? Why move him to where? LR who? Why not PA??? I'm sure DC is a great kid and he has good parents, but please don't tell me this move is simply over what offense CF will run because its not.

Not the winged T, the Single Wing.

Single Wing, Double Wing, Triple Wing......That's not the point.

The Single wing is what Darren McFadden ran some at Arkansas that they called the "Wildcat". It's far from being a "Run Heavy" offense.

Big Fan

Quote from: Temprees on August 06, 2014, 11:23:37 am
I will say that I am not aware of any 5A or above school that has had SUSTAINED success (contending for State Championships) using that type of offense.  Monticello had two goods years with that type of offense, but they went to being average after those big and very good linemen moved on. Consecutive seasons with a good group of players, doesn't amount to SUSTAINED success. 
Monticello went beyond the first round 4 years in a row, not just two.  Talent level did drop after that and the new coach began to change the offense to spread it some.  There were never any "big and very good lineman" on that team.  They averaged about 5-11, 200 on the line that year.  None of the linemen played beyond high school in football.  If there had not been a coaching change, I THINK you would still be seeing them have success in the run base offense (double slot) imo.   

Interesting note:  the 08 Monticello team that was 1 point away from playing for a title started that season 0-2.  They lost to a 4-6 Vilonia team and a 9-3 Warren team.  Why?  Because they ran the spread 100% of the time in those two games.  They then converted back to the Double Slot and won 32 of their next 37 games. 

Big Fan

Quote from: GuvHog on August 06, 2014, 04:46:33 pm
The Single is what Darren McFadden ran some at Arkansas that they called the "Wildcat". It's far from being a "Run Heavy" offense.
This couldn't be further from the truth.  Go ask your brother. 

Lionheart88

I have not referred to the new offense as "a horrible offense".  However, I will say that I am not aware of any 5A or above school that has had SUSTAINED success (contending for State Championships) using that type of offense.  Monticello had two goods years with that type of offense, but they went to being average after those big and very good linemen moved on. Consecutive seasons with a good group of players, doesn't amount to SUSTAINED success. 
There are very few programs 5A or above that have sustained success with any offense by your definition.  The fact that a team can be a consistent playoff contender with that sort of offense should be proof enough.  Cabot is probably the most prominent example.  They've made the playoffs 6 of the last 7 years, gone past the first round 3 of 6, including one finish as state runner-up.  That's not bad by many people's standards, but not success by yours.

Temprees

August 06, 2014, 06:22:12 pm #111 Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 08:26:09 am by Temprees
Quote from: Lionheart88 on August 06, 2014, 04:58:49 pm
I have not referred to the new offense as "a horrible offense".  However, I will say that I am not aware of any 5A or above school that has had SUSTAINED success (contending for State Championships) using that type of offense.  Monticello had two goods years with that type of offense, but they went to being average after those big and very good linemen moved on. Consecutive seasons with a good group of players, doesn't amount to SUSTAINED success. 
There are very few programs 5A or above that have sustained success with any offense by your definition.  The fact that a team can be a consistent playoff contender with that sort of offense should be proof enough.  Cabot is probably the most prominent example.  They've made the playoffs 6 of the last 7 years, gone past the first round 3 of 6, including one finish as state runner-up.  That's not bad by many people's standards, but not success by yours.
i am talking about sustained success in contending for a championship. I don't consider just making the playoffs or winning one playoff game makes you a championship contender.  You can be successful as a team, but not be a championship contender.

GuvHog

Quote from: Big Fan on August 06, 2014, 04:51:59 pm
The Single is what Darren McFadden ran some at Arkansas that they called the "Wildcat". It's far from being a "Run Heavy" offense.

It is very true

DogsWin7

I thought Temprees was a girl???  :)

Big Fan

Quote from: GuvHog on August 06, 2014, 08:22:40 pm
Quote from: Big Fan on August 06, 2014, 04:51:59 pm

It is very true
When Arkansas snapped it to McFadden, there was a slot.  The Single Wing has no slot. 

the game

Here's a play from Mike's offense that he ran at Bearden to show that he can and will pass out of the Single Wing ...  http://youtu.be/YK7KYE_0zik   and here's another pass out of the Single Wing ... http://youtu.be/P8d3vbhe-Oc ... 

Lionheart88

Those don't look like any single-wing I've ever seen.  Not enough men in the backfield.  I also don't see the characteristic unbalanced line.

the game

August 06, 2014, 11:22:53 pm #117 Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 12:21:51 am by the game

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Big Fan on August 06, 2014, 04:48:01 pm
I will say that I am not aware of any 5A or above school that has had SUSTAINED success (contending for State Championships) using that type of offense.  Monticello had two goods years with that type of offense, but they went to being average after those big and very good linemen moved on. Consecutive seasons with a good group of players, doesn't amount to SUSTAINED success. 
Monticello went beyond the first round 4 years in a row, not just two.  Talent level did drop after that and the new coach began to change the offense to spread it some.  There were never any "big and very good lineman" on that team.  They averaged about 5-11, 200 on the line that year.  None of the linemen played beyond high school in football.  If there had not been a coaching change, I THINK you would still be seeing them have success in the run base offense (double slot) imo.   

Interesting note:  the 08 Monticello team that was 1 point away from playing for a title started that season 0-2.  They lost to a 4-6 Vilonia team and a 9-3 Warren team.  Why?  Because they ran the spread 100% of the time in those two games.  They then converted back to the Double Slot and won 32 of their next 37 games.

That's because the team they had fit that system not the spread. Plain & simple, Camden Fairview didn't start competing for championships consistently until they started running the spread. That's why everybody is so concerned about the offense. I'm optimistic either or because I know that cox is a good coach but it remains to be seen if his style of offense can work consistently at Camden Fairview or the 5A.

SECFOOTBALLFAN

Correction;  Camden Fairview didn't start competing for championships until they dropped in classification

It just so happens they started running the spread a year earlier and people credit Buck James and the spread with the ascension of the program, rather than the lighter competition

GuvHog

August 07, 2014, 08:14:54 am #120 Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 09:10:26 am by GuvHog
Quote from: Lionheart88 on August 06, 2014, 11:08:42 pm
Those don't look like any single-wing I've ever seen.  Not enough men in the backfield.  I also don't see the characteristic unbalanced line.

You're confusing the Single Wing with the Winged T.  The Winged T has 2 backs in the backfield and a Wing back just to the outside of either tackle with the QB under center. In the Single Wing, the QB is in the shot gun with 1 back standing on either side of him and a Wingback lined up just outside of either tackle. The QB is a dual threat QB.

Youngsta71701

August 07, 2014, 08:54:11 am #121 Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 09:04:01 am by Youngsta71701
Quote from: SECFOOTBALLFAN on August 07, 2014, 08:04:58 am
Correction;  Camden Fairview didn't start competing for championships until they dropped in classification

It just so happens they started running the spread a year earlier and people credit Buck James and the spread with the ascension of the program, rather than the lighter competition

Nothing we can do about that. All we can do is play in the conference we're assigned to play in. If we were a private school then we could move up a conference or two if we wanted to. Buck James helped turn this program into a championship contender almost every year rather you want to give him credit or not. Anyways, I'm done talking about the past and looking forward to the future. Looks like his single wing is basically another version of the spread. Looks kind of like the auburn version.

Lionheart88

Quote from: GuvHog on August 07, 2014, 08:14:54 am
Quote from: Lionheart88 on August 06, 2014, 11:08:42 pm

You're confusing the Single Wing with the Winged T.  The Winged T has 2 backs in the backfield and a Wing back just to the outside of either tackle with the QB under center. In the Single Wing, the QB is in the shot gun with 1 back standing on either side of him and a Wingback lined up just outside of either tackle. The QB is a dual threat QB.
I know what I mean.  I only saw 2 guys in the backfield in those clips, and they were using a balanced line.  (For those who don't know, in the classic Single Wing, both tackles line up on the same side)

Rayburn

Quote from: GuvHog on August 05, 2014, 02:57:58 pm
Quote from: Rayburn on August 05, 2014, 12:01:08 pm
Quote from: GuvHog on August 04, 2014, 02:40:17 pm
Quote from: Rayburn on August 04, 2014, 01:29:46 pm
After looking it up, there was an exception. It says if a student is from 25 miles away or further, and makes a bona fide move to within 25 miles of the private school, he/she is eligible.
Absolute strips the rule of all power. it just means the private schools had to expand their recruiting territories. And from a school that was willing to bring a pair of 6-7 Africans overseas to live with the basketball coach, Camden, AR is nothing.

They had to make that exception. In public schools, if a players family makes a bonafied move from 1 district to another, the player is immediately eligible to play so they had to make a similar rule for private schools. Crockett is indeed eligible to play this season at LRC.
No, they didn't have to make that exception. The whole reason for the rule was to minimize the built-in advantages of the private schools that offer "financial aid". In other words, the private schools' special circumstances requires a special rule. It shouldn't matter if it's not the same for public schools that don't have those advantages.

There's also a rule that states if a transfer is deemed to be for athletic purposes, the player will be declared ineligible. They either need to enforce this rule, or abolish it. Because all they ever do is accept any old reason given for the move. Does anyone think this kid would transfer to this particular school if his old coach hadn't just been hired there? This is a move for athletic purposes if there ever was one, and if the AAA can't use some common sense, show some credibility and do something about it, then just declare free-for-all and be done with it.

A bonafied move is a bonafied move. You can't deny a player when his family does that.
First of all, yes you can. There is a public school wherever the kid moves to, and the recent history of obvious recruitment by those private schools just means they have to lie in the bed they made. Sorry for the kids who want to  play there after a legitimate move, (which is rare) but the private schools have put themselves in this situation.

Secondly, your answer didn't even address the issue - which is the rule about a transfer being deemed for athletic purposes and not because of a bona fide move (which is far more often with private schools). They either need to investigate cases like this and enforce that rule, or be done with policing all together.

the game

August 07, 2014, 05:27:30 pm #124 Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 12:19:41 am by the game
   Tthe 2014 Cards will be featured this Monday , August 11 , at 6 and 10 , may be on the early morning show too ... on Channel 7 out of LR  ...

spongebob

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on August 07, 2014, 08:54:11 am

Nothing we can do about that. All we can do is play in the conference we're assigned to play in. If we were a private school then we could move up a conference or two if we wanted to. Buck James helped turn this program into a championship contender almost every year rather you want to give him credit or not. Anyways, I'm done talking about the past and looking forward to the future. Looks like his single wing is basically another version of the spread. Looks kind of like the auburn version.
+1 to Buck turning the program around!

the game

August 08, 2014, 09:48:55 pm #126 Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 12:17:22 am by the game

wildboy44

Quote from: spongebob on August 07, 2014, 06:53:06 pm

After watching a short scrimmage, it would not be wise to sleep on Camden Fairview. We still have some things to work on, but we are headed in the right direction.

GuvHog

Quote from: wildboy44 on August 10, 2014, 05:47:31 pm

After watching a short scrimmage, it would not be wise to sleep on Camden Fairview. We still have some things to work on, but we are headed in the right direction.

We're talking about the 5A South. They are always one of the top 4 teams so nobody will be sleeping on CF, they will have everyone's undivided attention come game week.

spongebob

Quote from: GuvHog on August 10, 2014, 08:12:09 pm

We're talking about the 5A South. They are always one of the top 4 teams so nobody will be sleeping on CF, they will have everyone's undivided attention come game week.
And who's responsible for that? See above post!

DogsWin7

CF is gonna punish and all that jazz. 

browning_gold_12

Really? A guy at church yesterday told me they stunk it up! You need to PM me and make me feel better!

wildboy44

Quote from: browning_gold_12 on August 11, 2014, 07:15:06 am

Really? A guy at church yesterday told me they stunk it up! You need to PM me and make me feel better!
Just going by #1 offense. We ran the ball well, we only had 2 negative yard plays. Our passing game needs some work. We will have some guys play both ways. Are we game ready? no. Are we headed in the right direction? yes!!Did we stink it up? No. Your looking for certain things in these scrimmages.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: wildboy44 on August 11, 2014, 07:56:54 am

Just going by #1 offense. We ran the ball well, we only had 2 negative yard plays. Our passing game needs some work. We will have some guys play both ways. Are we game ready? no. Are we headed in the right direction? yes!!Did we stink it up? No. Your looking for certain things in these scrimmages.

In these types of scrimmages your not running everything your just trying to work on certain things and build team chemistry. Don't put too much stock in the negatives only the positives.

wildboy44

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on August 11, 2014, 08:59:03 am

In these types of scrimmages your not running everything your just trying to work on certain things and build team chemistry. Don't put too much stock in the negatives only the positives.
+1

SECFOOTBALLFAN

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on August 11, 2014, 08:59:03 am

+1

Very good post.  It's not often that there's anything worth reading on here, but this is a very good comment.  Very true

SECFOOTBALLFAN

Let me add to my previous comment, I don't want to make friends or let anyone think I'm kind or post thought out and insightful comments.

It's also not common for a Camdenite to post something relevant and worth reading....

AT

Quote from: SECFOOTBALLFAN on August 11, 2014, 12:18:51 pm
Let me add to my previous comment, I don't want to make friends or let anyone think I'm kind or post thought out and insightful comments.

It's also not common for a Camdenite to post something relevant and worth reading....

You're so edgy.

Dudeness

Quote from: Rayburn on August 07, 2014, 01:59:25 pm
Quote from: GuvHog on August 05, 2014, 02:57:58 pm
Quote from: Rayburn on August 05, 2014, 12:01:08 pm
Quote from: GuvHog on August 04, 2014, 02:40:17 pm
Quote from: Rayburn on August 04, 2014, 01:29:46 pm
After looking it up, there was an exception. It says if a student is from 25 miles away or further, and makes a bona fide move to within 25 miles of the private school, he/she is eligible.
Absolute strips the rule of all power. it just means the private schools had to expand their recruiting territories. And from a school that was willing to bring a pair of 6-7 Africans overseas to live with the basketball coach, Camden, AR is nothing.

They had to make that exception. In public schools, if a players family makes a bonafied move from 1 district to another, the player is immediately eligible to play so they had to make a similar rule for private schools. Crockett is indeed eligible to play this season at LRC.
No, they didn't have to make that exception. The whole reason for the rule was to minimize the built-in advantages of the private schools that offer "financial aid". In other words, the private schools' special circumstances requires a special rule. It shouldn't matter if it's not the same for public schools that don't have those advantages.

There's also a rule that states if a transfer is deemed to be for athletic purposes, the player will be declared ineligible. They either need to enforce this rule, or abolish it. Because all they ever do is accept any old reason given for the move. Does anyone think this kid would transfer to this particular school if his old coach hadn't just been hired there? This is a move for athletic purposes if there ever was one, and if the AAA can't use some common sense, show some credibility and do something about it, then just declare free-for-all and be done with it.

A bonafied move is a bonafied move. You can't deny a player when his family does that.
First of all, yes you can. There is a public school wherever the kid moves to, and the recent history of obvious recruitment by those private schools just means they have to lie in the bed they made. Sorry for the kids who want to  play there after a legitimate move, (which is rare) but the private schools have put themselves in this situation.

Secondly, your answer didn't even address the issue - which is the rule about a transfer being deemed for athletic purposes and not because of a bona fide move (which is far more often with private schools). They either need to investigate cases like this and enforce that rule, or be done with policing all together.

Are you sure transfers to private schools for athletic purposes are far more common than transfers to public schools for athletic purposes? It seems to me that private schools are already held to a higher standard than public schools. What about public schools that shamelessly recruit kids to play for them? This happens routinely in basketball and football, and nobody seems to get too riled up. Student-athletes do not have to sit out a year when transferring to another public school across town.

Regarding LRCA specifically, there is little evidence of recruitment as a common practice. They excel at fringe sports with homegrown talent: soccer, track, wrestling, trap-shooting. But basketball and football have been subpar for several years. The football team hasn't made the playoffs since Dyer graduated.

SECFOOTBALLFAN

You're wrong bubba.  You must sit out 1 year if you don't make a bonafide move into that district.  People get their panties in a wad all the time about it in PB.  The only way this does not apply is if the transfer is before 10th grade.

Ask Guv, his brother's on the school board

GuvHog

Quote from: SECFOOTBALLFAN on August 11, 2014, 03:06:48 pm
You're wrong bubba.  You must sit out 1 year if you don't make a bonafide move into that district.  People get their panties in a wad all the time about it in PB.  The only way this does not apply is if the transfer is before 10th grade.

You are correct and I know that to be true without asking my brother. Here in Jefferson County, we call it the "White Hall" rule because up until this rule was enacted, the WH head Coach was actively recruiting players from PB and WC to play for him. One year he got 3 players from WC and 2 from PB. Most of their starting backfield that year was from PBHS and the Zebras were very upset about it.

Dudeness

When transferring from public or private school to another private school within 25 miles, the student automatically has to sit out a year. On the other hand, students transferring from private school to a public school within 25 miles are allowed to play immediately.

This rule negatively affects private schools, which was the goal of course. For instance, there are three starters on Central's football team who grew up attending LRCA and were junior high starters. Two of those players transferred after 9th grade, yet were able to play immediately. This also hurts Catholic High, because players are more likely to transfer to Central so they won't have to sit out a year.

SECFOOTBALLFAN

Ah, with more detail, you make more sense.

I didn't know that rule.  I think private and public schools should play by the exact same rules or private schools not be allowed to play in the same league as public schools....

Lionheart88

Quote from: GuvHog on August 11, 2014, 03:22:40 pm

You are correct and I know that to be true without asking my brother. Here in Jefferson County, we call it the "White Hall" rule because up until this rule was enacted, the WH head Coach was actively recruiting players from PB and WC to play for him. One year he got 3 players from WC and 2 from PB. Most of their starting backfield that year was from PBHS and the Zebras were very upset about it.
::)  lol  Are you sure they weren't transferring for better academics?

SECFOOTBALLFAN

Oh certainly.  White Hall is known for prestigious academics.  Did you hear about the 8 Rhodes Scholars last year? Or wait....maybe that was 8 sanitation truck drivers from White Hall that the county hired......either way...Go White Hall!

the game

For those that haven't read the Friday August 8th Camden News account of Coach Cox's speech to the Camden Kiwanis Club ... I'll give a few nuggets from the 3/4 page article ... As for the 2014 Card offense , Coach says despite what the internet posters say .... We are still running the same offense that they ran last year ... We are still a Spread Offense team ... But when we get on another teams 10 yard line ,we're not going to fail because we can't get in a power offense and pound the ball over the goalline ... We just need people to give it a chance and not say it's not going to work before we've even tried it yet . Coach also touched on the subject of some players playing on both sides of the ball and also discussed among other things , the work ethics of the Camden team this summer as the best he' s coached , with numbers during the summer ranging from a low of 54 to a high of 73 ... many other interesting insights into the 2014 Cards are in the article which I would urge any Camden fan to get a copy of and read .

Big Fan

Quote from: the game on August 12, 2014, 05:52:17 pm
   For those that haven't read the Friday August 8th Camden News account of Coach Cox's speech to the Camden Kiwanis Club ... I'll give a few nuggets from the 3/4 page article ... As for the 2014 Card offense , Coach says despite what the internet posters say .... We are still running the same offense that they ran last year ... We are still a Spread Offense team ... But when we get on another teams 10 yard line ,we're not going to fail because we can't get in a power offense and pound the ball over the goalline ... We just need people to give it a chance and not say it's not going to work before we've even tried it yet . Coach also touched on the subject of some players playing on both sides of the ball and also discussed among other things , the work ethics of the Camden team this summer as the best he' s coached , with numbers during the summer ranging from a low of 54 to a high of 73 ... many other interesting insights into the 2014 Cards are in the article which I would urge any Camden fan to get a copy of and read .
Your facts have now screwed up a good thread.  I liked reading all the "sky is falling" comments. 

DogsWin7

No, no, no, no, no.....CF gonna punish.  :)

GhostofRosswoodCC

In Jefferson County we call it the "Cry Baby Rule"   It is when Watson Chapel people come up with excuses because White Hall is dominating them.  This year will be no different.  AKA "Sore Loser Rule"

Have a great night and God Bless our troops

Lionheart88

Even the teachers I know that work for (or used to work for) other districts in the county have told me White Hall's schools are better than their district's, and all but a few would move over the first chance they got.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas