• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Camden Fairview Cardinals

Started by wildboy44, July 24, 2014, 09:36:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wildboy44

Where do most of you think Camden Fairview will finish this year?

The Future

wildboy44

And who would 1,2 and maybe 3 be.

wing

walkingguy72396

I'd like to know the over all record of the senior and junior classes.  From 8th grade on.  I' would guess that the record would have to include 3 or more defeats each season go rank them this low.

Lionheart88

You don't think the complete turnover in coaching staff will have any effect?

wing

Quote from: Lionheart88 on July 25, 2014, 09:44:30 am

Not to the point of finishing 4th in 5A South. I could be wrong.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Lionheart88 on July 25, 2014, 09:44:30 am

Coach Cox has taking teams with no talent and made a winner out of them so what do you think he's gonna do with a team full of talent?

The Future

The teams I am thinkin of are Hope, White Hall, and wait for it................ Watson Chapel.

Ok Chapel might be pushing it. But I'm pretty sure White Hall and Hope will be able to beat Camden.

I could be way wrong though. The complete staff change around could have no negative effect and Camden could go 7-0.

But I doubt it.

James was a very good coach, capable of 11 and 12 win seasons. He brought out the best in his players and knew how to win games. Not the big one at the end lol. But he knew how to win. Coach Cox won't be a bad hire by no means. But I doubt he will bring the same success James had.

Youngsta mentioned Cox being able to take this team of talent and make winners. Well I'll say this: The coach change will make or break Camden. If they can get it all together, get it together and make it work, and make it work well, then they will have a shot at 7-0 or 6-1. But if this coach change ends up like Petrino to Smith or Smith to Bielema, then I have no problem saying Hope, White Hall, and Chapel could all beat the Cardinals.

wildboy44

Quote from: The Future on July 25, 2014, 11:20:40 am
The teams I am thinkin of are Hope, White Hall, and wait for it................ Watson Chapel.

Ok Chapel might be pushing it. But I'm pretty sure White Hall and Hope will be able to beat Camden.

I could be way wrong though. The complete staff change around could have no negative effect and Camden could go 7-0.

But I doubt it.

James was a very good coach, capable of 11 and 12 win seasons. He brought out the best in his players and knew how to win games. Not the big one at the end lol. But he knew how to win. Coach Cox won't be a bad hire by no means. But I doubt he will bring the same success James had.

Youngsta mentioned Cox being able to take this team of talent and make winners. Well I'll say this: The coach change will make or break Camden. If they can get it all together, get it together and make it work, and make it work well, then they will have a shot at 7-0 or 6-1. But if this coach change ends up like Petrino to Smith or Smith to Bielema, then I have no problem saying Hope, White Hall, and Chapel could all beat the Cardinals.
Buck didn't leave the cupboards empty. I think the guys will enjoy being looked over. 

Lionheart88

July 25, 2014, 01:28:32 pm #10 Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 03:59:58 pm by Lionheart88
The cupboards weren't empty before he came either, but CF was no football power then.  Don't underestimate the effect coaching can have on a team.  Cox maybe all that and more, but there's still probably going to be a period of adjustment to he and his staff's methods.  Maybe they work out the kinks in the first three games before conference play starts, maybe they don't, but its too early to assume they'll be fine just because of athletes.  Chapel has the best athletes in the conference, but hasn't finished above 4th since the 5A South was formed.

RamFan06

From what I have seen of CF this summer, they do not look like the Cardinals of the last few years. They will not be an easy win by any stretch, but I also dont think they are running the table. If they can put it together quickly then they should be in the top 3, but they did not look to be putting it together yet, at least from a 7on7 perspective.

hawgfan15

Having one of the best RB in the state is a good start for CF talent wise. They will be a top 3 team in conference for sure. Hope has to be the favorite this year IMO

GuvHog

Quote from: Lionheart88 on July 25, 2014, 01:28:32 pm
The cupboards weren't empty before he came either, but CF was no football power then.  Don't underestimate the effect coaching can have on a team.  Cox maybe all that and more, but there's still probably going to be a period of adjustment to he and his staff's methods.  Maybe they work out the kinks in the first three games before conference play starts, maybe they don't, but its too early to assume they'll be fine just because of athletes.  Chapel has the best athletes in the conference, but hasn't finished above 4th since the 5A South was formed.

I thought very highly of coach Shelton as a man but his "Wishbone" based philosophy didn't put the Cats in position to benefit from their forte' which is team speed, quickness, and strength. Dutton's wide open offense uses multiple formations but the Wishbone is not one of them. Dutton and his players know each other well so it will be interesting to see how far WC goes this season.

Hoghead

Hope is going to be sneaky good just like last year. Monk & McTelvin at DE will caused problems. CFHS has talent and will not be a 4th place team in the South. Hope however will score on Average 25 points a game. Offensively they will be able to hit the big play or complete drives for TDs.

fbbb22

Hope lost too much off of last year team. They won't make the playoffs.  They won a lot of close games last year that they won't win this year.
Westmoreland is gone. I don't see more than 5-6 wins. Nashville,Ashdown, Camden, white hall, Watson chapel will all beat them and lakeside may not let them Off the hook this year either. Won't be shocked if Prescott, hot Springs, Magnolia, and DeQueen give them a great game. All in all 5-6 wins max is my prediction.

Hoghead

Quote from: fbbb22 on July 26, 2014, 01:50:18 pm
Hope lost too much off of last year team. They won't make the playoffs.  They won a lot of close games last year that they won't win this year.
Westmoreland is gone. I don't see more than 5-6 wins. Nashville,Ashdown, Camden, white hall, Watson chapel will all beat them and lakeside may not let them Off the hook this year either. Won't be shocked if Prescott, hot Springs, Magnolia, and DeQueen give them a great game. All in all 5-6 wins max is my prediction.

Magnolia ? Hot Springs has no one to help their Qb Goffigan. HS Lks won't win in Hope, they have lost to Hope 18 out of the last 20 times they've played. White Hall, WC, & CF will be tough. Hope returns their O- line which is big and physical. Rowe is 6-3 310 and can punish people. He's D-1 material as a Jr. Hope has a stable of RB's. J-Love runs a 4.4 forty and can take it to the house. The new kid who transferred in from Texas can run the rock as well. Steve Caple is back at Qb & WR and has excellent skills. Austin Stubber will proably start at Qb. That kid can throw and run ! Hope will put up points on the board under Jay Turley.

Defensively they have some problems at LB that needs to work itself out. Monk & McTelvin will crush people from the DE spots. UA, FSU, Baylor and others have offered the 6-3 245 Jr.McTelvin. As Ive said before, Hope will be sneaky good again this year. Magnolia, HS, HSLS and WH will lose to Hope as they make the playoffs. Overlook the Cats this year if you want too, but they have talent !

fbbb22

Quote from: Hoghead on July 26, 2014, 02:30:09 pm

Magnolia ? Hot Springs has no one to help their Qb Goffigan. HS Lks won't win in Hope, they have lost to Hope 18 out of the last 20 times they've played. White Hall, WC, & CF will be tough. Hope returns their O- line which is big and physical. Rowe is 6-3 310 and can punish people. He's D-1 material as a Jr. Hope has a stable of RB's. J-Love runs a 4.4 forty and can take it to the house. The new kid who transferred in from Texas can run the rock as well. Steve Caple is back at Qb & WR and has excellent skills. Austin Stubber will proably start at Qb. That kid can throw and run ! Hope will put up points on the board under Jay Turley.

Defensively they have some problems at LB that needs to work itself out. Monk & McTelvin will crush people from the DE spots. UA, FSU, Baylor and others have offered the 6-3 245 Jr.McTelvin. As Ive said before, Hope will be sneaky good again this year. Magnolia, HS, HSLS and WH will lose to Hope as they make the playoffs. Overlook the Cats this year if you want too, but they have talent !

Hope will be good up front. Agim is a monster for sure. However hard to replace what they lost and starting a sophomore qb in the 5a south could be a problem. Just my opinion. I wish nothing but luck to Hope. Still think 5 -6 wins max

Hoghead

^^^^ Surely noted. Good luck to your team as well.

Youngsta71701

July 27, 2014, 12:08:44 pm #19 Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 12:12:50 pm by Youngsta71701

But I doubt it.

The first 3 non conference games could be a struggle because of the coaching change but after that we start to roll.

wildboy44

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on July 27, 2014, 12:08:44 pm

But I doubt it.

The first 3 non conference games could be a struggle because of the coaching change but after that we start to roll.
youngsta my friend!!! We have the machine parts in place. I hate to say this but our OC will get out coached every Friday night. This is based on play calling I have seen in 7 on 7.   

wing

Lets see how the play calling goes when they put on the pads.

wildboy44

Quote from: wing on July 28, 2014, 06:42:24 am
I hope im wrong wing,

wing

Quote from: wildboy44 on July 28, 2014, 07:53:37 am
Quote from: wing on July 28, 2014, 06:42:24 am
I hope im wrong wing,

Me too.  :)  I think 7 on 7 is great and I think it can only help in preparing for the season. But I also think you can't always judge how a team will perform once the pads are put on based on 7 on 7. You think blocking and tackling might have just a little to do with how well we do this year. You may be right and we may absolutely stink it up this year. I do think one thing that CMC has going for him is these kids know how to win and all the credit goes to the previous HC and staff.

RamFan06

July 28, 2014, 11:00:18 am #24 Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 11:01:50 am by RamFan06
Quote from: Hoghead on July 26, 2014, 02:30:09 pm

You need to check your statistics. I cant tell you for sure how many times LS has won in the last 20 years, but I know they have won 3 of the last 5. 2009, 2010 and 2011 went to LS, 2012 and 2013 went to a LOADED Hope team. That wont be the case this year.

Hoghead

July 28, 2014, 12:08:16 pm #25 Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 12:20:42 pm by Hoghead
Hot Springs & Hot Springs Lakeside have a very lopsided win- loss record versus Hope that's heavy on the loss side of things. Hope owns both of those schools !!!
The combined record since 2001(13 games played) is 18-8 ! Lakeside is 5-8 against Hope, The Trojans are 3-10. If you go back 10 more years the wins still favor Hope. Lakeside did have a 3 year tun in 09-11. Other than that these Bobcat beatings in Garland County have been consistent !!!

Big Fan

Quote from: Hoghead on July 28, 2014, 12:08:16 pm
Hot Springs & Hot Springs Lakeside have a very lopsided win- loss record versus Hope that's heavy on the loss side of things. Hope owns both of those schools !!!
The combined record since 2001(13 games played) is 18-8 ! Lakeside is 5-8 against Hope, The Trojans are 3-10. If you go back 10 more years the wins still favor Hope. Lakeside did have a 3 year tun in 09-11. Other than that these Bobcat beatings in Garland County have been consistent !!!
I wouldn't call an 8-5 advantage over an opponent, owning them. 

Hoghead

July 28, 2014, 01:43:20 pm #27 Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 01:48:19 pm by Hoghead
Quote from: Big Fan on July 28, 2014, 01:19:44 pm
Look at the overall record. Hope owns both schools. In the past 25 years its ugly ! There was a 10 year period where Hope didnt lose to either one. They've played 26 games combined in the past 13 years. Hope is 18-8 against the two schools. OWNED ! Kinda like Hope owns Magnolia !!!

Big Fan

Quote from: Hoghead on July 28, 2014, 01:43:20 pm
In the past 25 years its ugly ! There was a 10 year period where Hope didnt lose to either one.
Please use and post facts. 
They've played 26 games combined in the past 13 years. Hope is 18-8 against the two schools.
However 8-5 against Lakeside.  A case can be made that Hope OWNS HS. 

hawgfan15

Look at the overall record. Hope owns both schools. In the past 25 years its ugly ! There was a 10 year period where Hope didnt lose to either one. They've played 26 games combined in the past 13 years. Hope is 18-8 against the two schools. OWNED ! Kinda like Hope owns Magnolia !!!

So Hoghead, it is safe to say Nashville owns Hope then right? It's been pretty lopsided over the last 13 years.. Lol

I'm just messing with you, but you presented an opportunity I couldn't pass up

Hoghead

July 28, 2014, 11:49:03 pm #30 Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 11:54:03 pm by Hoghead
Quote from: hawgfan15 on July 28, 2014, 09:30:53 pm

So Hoghead, it is safe to say Nashville owns Hope then right? It's been pretty lopsided over the last 13 years.. Lol

I'm just messing with you, but you presented an opportunity I couldn't pass up
They do own them here latley. BUT if you look at the overall record it's only 1 or 2 games seperating these two in over 90 years of playing each other. It's a Real Rivalry. Not a Sleeping Bag Aluminum Bat Beat Down Series like what Hope does to the Hot Springs Schools !!!!!  LOL !!!! According to FF Nashville leads the series over the last 13 years  7-6. You guys ran off 7 in a row while Hope beat you guys 5 in a row in the early 2000's.   

hawgfan15

I know for a fact Nashville won in '04 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '11 '12. So that's 8 and I would have to go back and look at '00 '01 '02 and '03.

But you are right that rivalry goes back much further than the past 15 years. The overall records show the competitiveness and greatness of the rivalry. Should be another great game this season.

NWFAUSP

I think fairview will still be #1 again every team lost lots last year and defensively up front they have monsters with a great mike and DBs with the #1 corner in the state. And offensively they'll be pretty powerful with Cornelius page And they have depth in the slots with franklin being able to play slot nd crockett in the backfield

Lionheart88

Player alert! ::)

Not everybody lost that much.  White Hall lost their best WR and a couple of good LBs, but no one else that isn't easily replaced.  This group that's seniors this year and were juniors last year are the strongest class they've had in a long time and were the prime movers last year as well.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Lionheart88 on July 31, 2014, 05:26:36 pm
Player alert! ::)

Not everybody lost that much.  White Hall lost their best WR and a couple of good LBs, but no one else that isn't easily replaced.  This group that's seniors this year and were juniors last year are the strongest class they've had in a long time and were the prime movers last year as well.

I'll start believing the hype about white hall when I see it. We've been down this road before.

Lionheart88

Don't get me wrong, I probably wouldn't put money on us to win the conference this year.  But if not this year, it won't be for a while.  The folks I know that know say there's not that much talent in the underclassman behind these seniors.

wing

Quote from: Lionheart88 on August 01, 2014, 09:01:40 am
Don't get me wrong, I probably wouldn't put money on us to win the conference this year.  But if not this year, it won't be for a while.  The folks I know that know say there's not that much talent in the underclassman behind these seniors.

WH does have a talented Sr. class. Sprinkle and Edgerson (if healthy) could start for anyone. Will the Jr. and Soph. classes be there to support them? Could be a fun year in 5A South.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: wing on August 01, 2014, 09:51:41 am
Quote from: Lionheart88 on August 01, 2014, 09:01:40 am

WH does have a talented Sr. class. Sprinkle and Edgerson (if healthy) could start for anyone. Will the Jr. and Soph. classes be there to support them? Could be a fun year in 5A South.

Yep, it should be very interesting this year and a lot of fun!

Lionheart88

Last of the three brothers (though I hear they have some younger cousins).  Threw a complete game and was MVP of the 5A baseball state championship game this past May.

hawgfan15

Big loss for Camden Fairview, RB Damarea Crockett is reportedly transferring to LR Christian. That is the news I am hearing this morning and I'm sure someone will be able to confirm.

Lionheart88

I'm sure it has absolutely nothing to do with Coach James going to LRCA.

spongebob

Quote from: Lionheart88 on August 04, 2014, 12:47:56 pm
I'm sure it has absolutely nothing to do with Coach James going to LRCA.
Shame on you Lionheart for even having that cross your mind lol

Rayburn

So Crockett going to sit out a year I guess. Remember Proposal 8 from the August 2009 meeting passed. It said....Students who transfer from public to private schools must do so by July 1 before entering 7th grade in order to be immediately eligible for athletics. Students who enroll after that, will be ineligible for a period of 365 days after enrolling in the private school.
And I don't remember there being any exceptions for distance when this was passed.

Hoggy

If this is true about Crockett Camden will be down bigtime this year

Rayburn

After looking it up, there was an exception. It says if a student is from 25 miles away or further, and makes a bona fide move to within 25 miles of the private school, he/she is eligible.
Absolute strips the rule of all power. it just means the private schools had to expand their recruiting territories. And from a school that was willing to bring a pair of 6-7 Africans overseas to live with the basketball coach, Camden, AR is nothing.

spongebob

Quote from: Rayburn on August 04, 2014, 01:29:46 pm
After looking it up, there was an exception. It says if a student is from 25 miles away or further, and makes a bona fide move to within 25 miles of the private school, he/she is eligible.
Absolute strips the rule of all power. it just means the private schools had to expand their recruiting territories. And from a school that was willing to bring a pair of 6-7 Africans overseas to live with the basketball coach, Camden, AR is nothing.
You are right then. Why even have the rule.

GuvHog

Quote from: Rayburn on August 04, 2014, 01:29:46 pm

They had to make that exception. In public schools, if a players family makes a bonafied move from 1 district to another, the player is immediately eligible to play so they had to make a similar rule for private schools. Crockett is indeed eligible to play this season at LRC.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hoggy on August 04, 2014, 01:26:38 pm
If this is true about Crockett Camden will be down bigtime this year

Crockett is good but he was not the whole team. We still have plenty of talent in the backfield and at receiver. It's called a spread for a reason. We don't just count on one person to make every play we spread the ball around. Hint: Look for Kevin "D.J." Franklin to be the man now barring injury.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas