• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vilonia Eagles football

Started by turftime, July 23, 2014, 12:50:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

turftime

Anyone know what offence we are running this year? Heard we had some good runningbacks.

TheMercenary

Wing T Baby!!

25Trap- Post, Lead, Block Across! Guard pulls- hits first off color jersey past the double team!

Been 25 years- seems like yesterday.  This was drilled into my head like Communist Propaganda!  I'll be running this play in the Nursing Home!

Hogskin

I think they are a pure spread team now. They got two sub 4.5 guys that are coming from Conway to go with Willis arm

Uncle Ivan

turftime

turftime

I know they had some good backs moving up from junior high. Dad and I are sitting on the beach looking at the women and our Hootens football picks.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: turftime on July 24, 2014, 03:12:48 pm
Dad and I are sitting on the beach looking at the women and our Hootens football picks.

Put the magazine down.

turftime

turftime

Jimmymack made me laugh out loud. He said I love spanking private schools and the 300 lb woman in the red bikini.

Uncle Ivan

July 24, 2014, 06:47:45 pm #9 Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 06:50:16 pm by Uncle Ivan
Quote from: turftime on July 24, 2014, 05:29:41 pm
and the 300 lb woman in the red bikini.

Vacationing on the Redneck Rivera, I see.

Pretty young things walking around, you turn your head and see: dang, GIRL

And not the good "dang, girl", either.

DogsWin7

Well, I'm surprised that girls would like a spanking coming from a 600 pound man. ;)

Jimmymack

No respect the conf. coaches picking Vilonia 4th!!  I know Turf is missing practice due to this family vacation on Daytona Beach but I have been getting him up at 5 and we both have been running down the beach and lifting weights when we get back--------Myself, I can't keep the bikini girls off of me!!!

DogsWin7

Quote from: Jimmymack on July 24, 2014, 07:03:28 pm
No respect the conf. coaches picking Vilonia 4th!!  I know Turf is missing practice due to this family vacation on Daytona Beach but I have been getting him up at 5 and we both have been running down the beach and lifting weights when we get back--------Myself, I can't keep the bikini girls off of me!!!

Really?  Are you offering drinks by chance?

It is awfully HOT BABY......:)

turftime

I am going to miss dad's and Wild Bill Buckners football glory days stories this year. To hear it Jimmymack was one heck of a linebacker. Bill had him right up there with Dick Butkus

Jimmymack

When I played at NLU wild Bill was my position coach.  Years later he was to coach my only son at Vilonia!  I picked off Terry Bradshaw!  We will see what Turf does his Sr. season!

MoTownDog

Quote from: turftime on July 23, 2014, 12:50:00 pm
Anyone know what offence we are running this year? Heard we had some good runningbacks.

The old broken Wing.  What else would you run.  It may take you all the way this year!

The Future

I was wonderin when this thread was gonna sneak up. Its a bit late this year. Its almost the end of July!

turftime

We played P.A. one heck of a game last week. West come get you some of this double wing.

DogsWin7

Quote from: turftime on July 31, 2014, 02:28:47 pm
We played P.A. one heck of a game last week. West come get you some of this double wing.
Didn't you say this last year? 

PWDad

Vilonia scrimmaged Newport last night. I thought overall they looked pretty good. They are definitely young but saw some positives in the scrimmage. Coaches appeared to be more into it this season.
Definitely committed to double wing with a few passes thrown in to keep opponents on their toes. I think they threw 2 passes last night, one for a touchdown. Defense didn't not appear to have much push from the D-line.
I think they will have a decent year.
Positive note, nobody was hurt last night, maybe that jinx is over

Mattison

Interesting observation.  It seemed to me that the first couple of series on each side of the ball they were about 1/2-3/4 speed.  Maybe because they are young and feeling out the opposition, or first "game" of the year butterflies, or because AAA has basically crippled the coaches ability to build good habits and technique by cutting down on hitting days.  The way I look at it, you can't learn to fly an airplane off a chalkboard, you got to get some seat time!  Walking through plays on the practice field means walking through plays on the game field.  About the end of the first quarter, our offense started to get into a rhythm that worked much better and started moving the ball.  D line has got to step it up a bit and get more aggressive.   All my $.02, cause it's easy to coach from the stands!

sevenof400

I want to jump in here just to make sure I don't miss the inevitable forthcoming storm...

InYoGrill

Quote from: sevenof400 on August 28, 2014, 06:14:50 pm
I want to jump in here just to make sure I don't miss the inevitable forthcoming storm...

7, you been to any of the scrimmages or practices yet? I read we have a lot of sophs from last year playing so there should be some experience there. Looks like mainly double wing with some passing in there. Got to stay healthy this year. Schedule doesn't look bad at all this year.

Go Postal

Hey IYG, I heard that Mtn Home's new coach is running a double wing also.  We'll see how that goes in Week 1 for the Goblins.

sevenof400

Quote from: InYoGrill on August 28, 2014, 08:37:26 pm
Quote from: sevenof400 on August 28, 2014, 06:14:50 pm

7, you been to any of the scrimmages or practices yet? I read we have a lot of sophs from last year playing so there should be some experience there. Looks like mainly double wing with some passing in there. Got to stay healthy this year. Schedule doesn't look bad at all this year.

Hey Grill,

I haven't seen a lot of any scrimmage or practice this year - nothing more than 5 minutes or so at any opportunity.  One observation from afar is the Eagles won't outsize too many teams this year.  Other than that, I really can't offer too much more at this point.   

I've got to believe this will be a better year this season if for no other reason than we just can't have the kind of injury misfortune that befell the team last year. 

Go Postal

seven and IYG, I have to admit that Vilonia has done better over the years against the Goblins in this sport.  Better than Morrilton or Greebriar.  Always a good rivalry.  But, this could be the "Season of the GOBS". ;)

InYoGrill

Quote from: Go Postal on August 29, 2014, 10:06:18 pm
seven and IYG, I have to admit that Vilonia has done better over the years against the Goblins in this sport.  Better than Morrilton or Greebriar.  Always a good rivalry.  But, this could be the "Season of the GOBS". ;)

Look forward to poking at you this season Postal, especially since PB seems to be getting tired in his old age.

pantherblue

War Memorial Tueday Grill.   LOL

tmycjy

Hey INYOGRILL just want to say hi to and want to wish your team luck

InYoGrill

Quote from: tmycjy on August 31, 2014, 10:59:00 am
Hey INYOGRILL just want to say hi to and want to wish your team luck

Thanks Chris! Good luck with your yeller jackets this season. You guys will be real good again.  :)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas