• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wynne Yellowjackets 2014

Started by kwwolves2012, July 22, 2014, 09:00:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kwwolves2012

Curious to get some of you guys thoughts on this team for the upcoming year. I've heard good things coming out of 7 on 7 tournaments. My only worries, after watching every game last year, is the kicking game. Punting was always a week spot in my opinion. Wynne hasn't had a 'sure-thing' kicker in a while. I feel like our high-powered offense will still sputter at time due to youth and new position players. We will need some assurances on special teams. Any other weak spots? Surprises? Let me know!

Uncle Ivan

Eh, they may win a game or two.

tmycjy

hey I live in Wynne I thinking Wynne maybe bring that trophy home from little rock in December I think were that good this year to me its almost feel right just have to see more to make sure it feel right

kwwolves2012

kwwolves2012

Quote from: tmycjy on July 22, 2014, 09:55:39 pm
hey I live in Wynne I thinking Wynne maybe bring that trophy home from little rock in December I think were that good this year to me its almost feel right just have to see more to make sure it feel right
Home field in the playoffs will go a long way in determining that. I believe we go undefeated or get 1 loss in the regular season and grow as the season goes on.

walkingguy72396

I dont see what the concern with the Jackets kicking game is.  The player who did the punting last year returns he may not boom the ball but half the job is getting some-one who can field the snap.  I think the  field goal kicker was ok and should be better this coming season.  Kick-offs, coach just likes to squip those any-how.

kwwolves2012

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on July 22, 2014, 11:09:33 pm
I dont see what the concern with the Jackets kicking game is.  The player who did the punting last year returns he may not boom the ball but half the job is getting some-one who can field the snap.  I think the  field goal kicker was ok and should be better this coming season.  Kick-offs, coach just likes to squip those any-how.
I've never agreed with the squib kicks but I guess that's coaches decision. The punting game was really hit and miss. Could never flip the field properly after getting stopped. I hope everything is improved. If it is, there's nothing that can stop us. Short of a fumbled handoff against Batesville in the final seconds ;)

Hoghead

No doubt they should win 5A this year. If they don't, they blew it ! They have a D-1 committ at QB. Last years Qb moved to WR went 10-2 as a Qb. They have a nice size on the O & D lines and speed in the skill spots. The 5A East won't give them a challange until the Batesville game. Barring Injury there's no excuses. ONLY TIME WILL TELL-TMCJY

kwwolves2012

Quote from: Hoghead on July 23, 2014, 01:20:17 am
No doubt they should win 5A this year. If they don't, they blew it ! They have a D-1 committ at QB. Last years Qb moved to WR went 10-2 as a Qb. They have a nice size on the O & D lines and speed in the skill spots. The 5A East won't give them a challange until the Batesville game. Barring Injury there's no excuses. ONLY TIME WILL TELL-TMCJY
Also a 2k yard rusher that has speed to burn and is just a Junior. Wynne should be top 3 in the state if they can keep away from injuries. I do believe that Wynne is the favorite this year, but there's always a surprise here and there. Like I mentioned earlier, home field advantage will be a game changer for us in the playoffs. Who else is ready for PA vs Wynne in Little Rock? ;) A clash of the seasoned veteran against the up and coming new kid on the block. Yellowjacket stadium will be rocking, and I can not wait to see this high octane offense roll!

wing

Quote from: kwwolves2012 on July 23, 2014, 04:54:53 am
Also a 2k yard rusher that has speed to burn and is just a Junior. Wynne should be top 3 in the state if they can keep away from injuries. I do believe that Wynne is the favorite this year, but there's always a surprise here and there. Like I mentioned earlier, home field advantage will be a game changer for us in the playoffs. Who else is ready for PA vs Wynne in Little Rock? ;) A clash of the seasoned veteran against the up and coming new kid on the block. Yellowjacket stadium will be rocking, and I can not wait to see this high octane offense roll!

Neither PA or Wynne fits the roll of new kid on the block. Both have been there before. On paper only PA or a team or two from the south will challenge the yellow jackets.

walkingguy72396

Wynne as a school does not meet new kid on the block status.

Third year in a row with a real shot of seeing third round action.  I was going to make an argument for new kid on the block.  I no longer think my argument holds water.

kwwolves2012

Quote from: wing on July 23, 2014, 07:23:25 am

Neither PA or Wynne fits the roll of new kid on the block. Both have been there before. On paper only PA or a team or two from the south will challenge the yellow jackets.
I only really said that because Wynne is a decade removed from a championship appearance and has a totally new look from what they used to be under Campbell who had us in those appearances. This I'd the first time I feel like Wynne truly has a shot. This is what Coach Hill has been building towards. PA, on the other hand, seems to be a powerhouse every year and they restock players better than most. While "new kid on the block" may not have been a perfect description, I still like to think of this as a matchup similar to the description.

wing

Quote from: kwwolves2012 on July 23, 2014, 01:18:24 pm
Quote from: wing on July 23, 2014, 07:23:25 am

I only really said that because Wynne is a decade removed from a championship appearance and has a totally new look from what they used to be under Campbell who had us in those appearances. This I'd the first time I feel like Wynne truly has a shot. This is what Coach Hill has been building towards. PA, on the other hand, seems to be a powerhouse every year and they restock players better than most. While "new kid on the block" may not have been a perfect description, I still like to think of this as a matchup similar to the description.

Understand. Wynne has such a great history. Just hard to call them the new kid.

The_Pioneer

We call Wynne homecoming opponent.

wing

Quote from: The_Pioneer on July 23, 2014, 01:55:43 pm

Just curious, what is the series record between Batesville and Wynne.

The_Pioneer

No idea.  Wynne should be ahead, but I don't really recall ever seeing a series record anywhere.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: wing on July 23, 2014, 03:03:32 pm

It's be easier pulling teeth than to get someone from Batesville to admit to what the series record is.

kwwolves2012

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on July 23, 2014, 07:37:46 pm

It's be easier pulling teeth than to get someone from Batesville to admit to what the series record is.
Series record doesn't mean anything to me. The rivalry is great and the games almost always decide the east. Every season is a new chapter. Wynne v. Batesville will continue to be a great matchup and I think its better to not even think about what happened in the past so that every time they play, its just another great game to decide what happens in the future.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: kwwolves2012 on July 23, 2014, 08:11:10 pm
I think its better to not even think about what happened in the past

It's fun to bring up.

Then again, so are recent events.

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on July 23, 2014, 09:37:43 pm

It's fun to bring up.

Hee Hee !  I've seen other captions over this picture !  Watson Chaple has some 5A South 3rd place T-Shirts as well.

The_Pioneer

Ha, that's funny.  What IS the record?  I really don't know.  We used to have a website that had some of that but it is no longer maintained and probably not even online.

wing

Just curious. Didn't even know if the two had always been in the same conference. Seems as of late the east is always a two horse race.

tmycjy

Hey here series scores from this game this go back to 1993 season

2013. 37-12 batesville
2012  40-27 Wynne
2011 37-8.   Batesville
2010 17-13. Batesville
2009 17-7 Wynne
2008 14-12 Batesville
2007 35-8 Batesville
2006 21-14 Wynne
2005 14-6 Batesville
2004 35-21 Wynne
2003 29-12 Batesville
2002 21-14 Wynne
2001 19-7 Wynne
2000 23-20 Wynne
1999 34-17 Wynne
1998 20-7 Wynne
1997 20-29 Batesville
1996 21-13 Wynne
1995 28-0 Wynne
1994 38-9 Wynne
1993 13-12 Batesville

Wynne lead from this count 12-9 this goes back 1993 season

playmaker04

Wynne I believe has 19 returning starters and a ton of SRS and Jr's. If they don't make it to little rock it will by some fluke occurrence.

wing

Quote from: tmycjy on July 24, 2014, 08:46:31 am

Hey here series scores from this game this go back to 1993 season

2013. 37-12 batesville
2012  40-27 Wynne
2011 37-8.   Batesville
2010 17-13. Batesville
2009 17-7 Wynne
2008 14-12 Batesville
2007 35-8 Batesville
2006 21-14 Wynne
2005 14-6 Batesville
2004 35-21 Wynne
2003 29-12 Batesville
2002 21-14 Wynne
2001 19-7 Wynne
2000 23-20 Wynne
1999 34-17 Wynne
1998 20-7 Wynne
1997 20-29 Batesville
1996 21-13 Wynne
1995 28-0 Wynne
1994 38-9 Wynne
1993 13-12 Batesville

Wynne lead from this count 12-9 this goes back 1993 season

Thanks tmycjy!!

FD4

A poster from several years ago posted to the effect of....Wynne would be awsome if they would spread it out and throw the ball more.  Well, we did and we are!

walkingguy72396

The diamond T worked pretty good too.

I also think that the officials are making better calls and the advantage the spread enjoyed by stretching if not breaking the rules is waining.

Hoghead

Quote from: playmaker04 on July 24, 2014, 09:40:41 am
Wynne I believe has 19 returning starters and a ton of SRS and Jr's. If they don't make it to little rock it will by some fluke occurrence.

FLUKE is a word commonly used in Wynne when they Lose !!!

GuvHog

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on July 25, 2014, 02:56:25 pm
The diamond T worked pretty good too.

I also think that the officials are making better calls and the advantage the spread enjoyed by stretching if not breaking the rules is waining.

There are different versions of the Spread offense. If you are referring to the HUNH Spread created by Gus Malzahn, I agree with you. Some teams are going back to huddling and running the "Power Spread".

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: GuvHog on July 26, 2014, 02:35:26 pm

There are different versions of the Spread offense. If you are referring to the HUNH Spread created by Gus Malzahn, I agree with you. Some teams are going back to huddling and running the "Power Spread".

Even in spread formations, Wynne under Hill has still primarily ran the ball.

tmycjy

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on July 26, 2014, 06:39:36 pm
Quote from: GuvHog on July 26, 2014, 02:35:26 pm

Even in spread formations, Wynne under Hill has still primarily ran the ball.

He right  they are but I'm seeing more multiple team also

MoTownDog

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on July 23, 2014, 09:37:43 pm

It's fun to bring up.

You kind of feel bad for those seniors but that there is still funny!

tmycjy

Here Newport and wynne games

2011 46-21 Wynne
2010 33-7   Wynne
2009 28-14 Wynne
2008 0-6 Newport
2001 18-6 Wynne
2000 27-20 Wynne
1999 45-6 Wynne
1998 14-13 Newport
1997 15-14 Newport
1996 20-7 Wynne
1995 26-7 Newport
1994 38-14 Newport
1993 24-13 Newport
1992 34-6 Wynne
1991 21-7 Newport

By my write on Wynne lead 8-7

Uncle Ivan

That rivalry goes back to at least the 1950's, IIRC.

tmycjy

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on July 28, 2014, 05:58:18 pm
That rivalry goes back to at least the 1950's, IIRC.

I know but I do it from 1991 because any thing before that I don't reamber that well

FD4

This is funny, in 01 when Augusta played Shiloh for the championship, I was there early and while the teams were getting ready to kick off, I got down to the 50 in the east stands and started yelling "They hold on every down" over and over and over.  Finally the side judge truned around and looked at me and said something to the effect of, "I heard you the first time".  To which I replyed, we need all the help we can get! He grinned and shook his head as to think, "What a buch of Red Necks"...............good stuff.

Lions84

Wynne makes a run for the Rock.

tmycjy

Yah if u had the the support like wynne has u would not have to have us has homecoming game :) :) :)

walkingguy72396

High-Schools really have no choice as to what team will be the home coming opponent. 

Uncle Ivan

It's based off how the schedule lays out.

Second to last conference home game, IIRC.  Opponent doesn't matter.

FD4

Hmmm, I guess GCT is ours in Wynne this year.  That is a mid season game, October 3rd. Another notch in our belt.

brown2010

STILL THINKING ABOUT BEEN DOING IT ALL NIGHT

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: brown2010 on August 13, 2014, 07:28:59 am
STILL THINKING ABOUT BEEN DOING IT ALL NIGHT

Switch arms soon or one's gonna fall off.

FD4

Brown, another one he uses is " where you from, Marion?"

27 Trap

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on August 04, 2014, 12:25:08 am
High-Schools really have no choice as to what team will be the home coming opponent. 

You have to schedule around nine week tests , so that limit's HC date to about a two week window, you don't want it the first few weeks of the season and most don't want it  the last two weeks of a season ......

The_Pioneer

Quote from: FD4 on August 04, 2014, 01:24:50 pm
Hmmm, I guess GCT is ours in Wynne this year.  That is a mid season game, October 3rd. Another notch in our belt.

They got you a few years ago....

FD4

Sure did Neer, they even used one of their talented Basketball players on us, the Hardwick kid, who is much a man now.  Hey Neer, my brother played ball back in 60 and 61.  Said that McCrory used to dominate Batesville those days, but there was this one High School All American that played back then for yall, I cant remember what his name was, look it up for would ya.  My brother said he was a tree trunk of a ball player.  thanks.

Go Postal

To be honest, last year I watched the Wynne/SC game.  SC didn't have Shimmer due to injury.  IMO, I thought that Harrison or Greenbrier could have played better than SC in that game and got the win.  It was a nice win for the East.  I can't wait to see what the Yellowjackets bring to the table this year.  I'm rooting for you.

walkingguy72396

The Jackets did get a win over SC.  The game was nip and tuck.  With Shimmer in the game its not far fetched to believe that SC comes away with the win.

Do not know about briar or Harrison as they did not show up.

I add that those of us who have watched Wynne play week in and week out for years and years also know they could of finished a 3 seed just as easily as they claimed the 2 seed. 

Since the Jackets only lost 3 starters and gained a former one.  Seems reasonable to expect them to be a 1 seed contender.

Uncle Ivan

Who was the kid that took an ambulance ride in that game?  Tailback I think.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas