• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harrison Wins 7 on 7

Started by Brian G, July 12, 2014, 04:40:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

July 12, 2014, 04:40:24 pm Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 05:23:53 pm by B.G.
Wins Prep Elite held at Shiloh.  They upset Fayetteville along the way.

Congrats and a word of advice, don't let it go to your head.

rona

Good for Harrison. They always have good lineman, maybe this will be The Year of the Goblins!

Hoghead

paraloma

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Thanks, guys. Our kids gutted out wins all day against teams in the past that we would have been beat in our head before we stepped on the field (El Dorado, Har-Ber, Fayetteville). I felt like our QB was one of the top 3 at the event, we've got some pesky little receivers that just kept making plays, but more than anything, our defense played harder and harder each game...the more tired they got throughout the day, the more you saw them reaching deep down and playing for each other.  If for no other reason, that is why you play 7on7.

As far as letting it get to our head, BG, I think our kids understand that we could have easily lost every game we played in the tournament if you turn just one play around.  We are very excited about winning it, but the battling every game when their bodies were telling them to quit and not dropping our heads when we get down is what we will take away from this.

I love these boys and I am so proud of them right now.

mdctb123

Is Huskey getting any college looks?

Brian G

I was referring more to parents and fans.

Pantherdaddy

Quote from: Coach DePriest, Harrison on July 13, 2014, 08:08:00 am
Thanks, guys. Our kids gutted out wins all day against teams in the past that we would have been beat in our head before we stepped on the field (El Dorado, Har-Ber, Fayetteville). I felt like our QB was one of the top 3 at the event, we've got some pesky little receivers that just kept making plays, but more than anything, our defense played harder and harder each game...the more tired they got throughout the day, the more you saw them reaching deep down and playing for each other.  If for no other reason, that is why you play 7on7.

As far as letting it get to our head, BG, I think our kids understand that we could have easily lost every game we played in the tournament if you turn just one play around.  We are very excited about winning it, but the battling every game when their bodies were telling them to quit and not dropping our heads when we get down is what we will take away from this.

Congrats! 
You say your qb was in top 3.... Just wondering who were other top qbs and players?

ricepig

Quote from: Pantherdaddy on July 13, 2014, 10:43:02 am

Congrats! 
You say your qb was in top 3.... Just wondering who were other top qbs and players?

One would figure Storey and Trail, but I'll let coach answer for himself.

7AFBFAN

Congratulations. It sounds like a team with heart. I look forward to seeing how they do this year.

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Huskey has not gotten any looks. Last year was his first year to ever play football (other than in the backyard with his brothers were his words :) ), and although he had a great year, he wasn't real polished. He is a three sport guy with very little weight room time and he has never been timed in the 40. His love is basketball and he can absolutely cram it, but it will be difficult for a 5'11" kid to play bball in college unless he was a PG or a pure shooter. His best sport may be baseball, so he may end up doing that in college. I'd love to see him make it in basketball, but if not, I think he could be a 2-sport (football/baseball) GAC athlete. There is no doubt I would take him on my team no matter what the sport.

Story and Trail were the two QB's I was referring to, but I'll take Brock Humphrey to battle with me over anyone else in the state.

B.G. - thanks for the clarification.

7AFBFAN - heart is not a word I have used yet, but that is a perfect description for how they played. I look forward to seeing us this year as well. I hope the resiliency and toughness carries over into their workouts, practices, and games.

Hoghead

Looks like the Harrison Golden Goblins wiil bring a lot of Moxy to the 5A West this year. Go Gobs !

Fridaynitefan68

I watched harrison play a couple games, very good skill guys.   I was also impressed with the harber qb, very strong arm

Brian G

Quote from: Fridaynitefan68 on July 13, 2014, 07:45:10 pm
I was also impressed with the harber qb, very strong arm
You don't say.

Fridaynitefan68

Quote from: B.G. on July 13, 2014, 08:27:52 pm
Quote from: Fridaynitefan68 on July 13, 2014, 07:45:10 pm
I was also impressed with the harber qb, very strong arm
You don't say.
He looked very good against Harrison.  I counted at least three touchdown passes dropped by receivers against Harrison.  I do know he is getting attention from UCA, and several DII schools

Go Postal

July 14, 2014, 08:09:59 pm #15 Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 08:24:09 pm by Go Postal
I agree with B.G., Goblin fans were very happy on our great offense last year, defense/special teams were a different matter.  Could of been in the playoffs.  Enough said on that.
If the offense and defense both have improved this season, then this could be the "Season of The Goblin" even with the cycle change.  Did like how Humphey twins and Huskey played last year.  Question:  Do we have a soccer kicker like Colliver, Ryan or Bahn from previous years on special teams?  IAW, put it with laser accuracy, like a great QB, to where it needs to go but just using his foot on that oblong ball.

Go Postal

Read the paper today about this.  Saw that Silas Huskey got MVP.  His 2nd year in high school football.  Then I also found this video.  Very impressive Goblins!  Keep up the great work.

http://5newsonline.com/2014/07/12/harrison-takes-home-southwest-elite-7-on-7-championship/

Bergman1820

Quote from: Go Postal on July 15, 2014, 08:01:59 pm
Read the paper today about this.  Saw that Silas Huskey got MVP.  His 2nd year in high school football.  Then I also found this video.  Very impressive Goblins!  Keep up the great work.

http://5newsonline.com/2014/07/12/harrison-takes-home-southwest-elite-7-on-7-championship/

Just saw this. Very nice!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas