• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greene County Tech Opening

Started by horsepower1324, June 17, 2014, 09:34:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

horsepower1324

With Conaway leaving this late in the game, who will the Eagles get?

IPROFB

They may have to hire from within because most coaches in state are now UNDER CONTRACT!

Temprees

Quote from: horsepower1324 on June 17, 2014, 09:34:54 am
With Conaway leaving this late in the game, who will the Eagles get?
Where did he go?

Bullethead

Conaway will be the Head FB coach and Athletic Director at Shiloh Christian.

horsepower1324

Quote from: IPROFB on June 17, 2014, 10:36:08 am
They may have to hire from within because most coaches in state are now UNDER CONTRACT!

Truth...will be interesting to see if they do get any candidates from outside or if they are stuck finding an internal candidate.

Hoghead

The pretty boy offense has ran its course at GCT.

loyal fan

Hoghead

Quote from: loyal fan on June 18, 2014, 08:39:15 am
This is gotta be a decent job

The pay is decent. But you're not going to win a lot of football games at GCT.

The_Pioneer

One of their assistants left to take a job in the Batesville system. 

ricepig

Quote from: The_Pioneer on June 18, 2014, 02:25:34 pm
One of their assistants left to take a job in the Batesville system.

DC left to take a job in the Jonesboro system.

Uncle Ivan

Hoghead

GuvHog

Adjudicator

GCT hired some dude out of Kansas.  Must have used Mtn Home's candidate list!  Supposedly this guy retired after 29 years.  He's the Bobby Cox of Kansas.  Won like 15 conference titles but only one state title.  And he is bringing 3-4 assts with him.  Tech was left with no asst coaches.  All left and Conaway took 3 with him to $hiloh.

ricepig

Quote from: Adjudicator on June 26, 2014, 02:58:28 pm
GCT hired some dude out of Kansas.  Must have used Mtn Home's candidate list!  Supposedly this guy retired after 29 years.  He's the Bobby Cox of Kansas.  Won like 15 conference titles but only one state title.  And he is bringing 3-4 assts with him.  Tech was left with no asst coaches.  All left and Conaway took 3 with him to $hiloh.

Wow, are they bringing any players with them??

TBone70

Yep, one hellava resume. 9 time coach of the year, averaged 7-3 record through his long career. Nearly 200 wins. Good luck Tech

Uncle Ivan

GCT hired some dude out of Kansas.  Must have used Mtn Home's candidate list!  Supposedly this guy retired after 29 years.  He's the Bobby Cox of Kansas.  Won like 15 conference titles but only one state title.

That's a Harv Welch move.

Hero

Are all the assistant coaches retired as well? Makes little sense for a coach to basically throw away years that get them to retirement.

DogsWin7

How are they throwing away years if 3 went to $hiloh??   

Hero

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on June 28, 2014, 08:38:11 am
Teaching in other states or teaching in private schools.neither count towards teacher retirement. As far as retirement either of those situations is like you skipped a year of work.

tmycjy

Hey would like to know what is your head coach name and where he from and what offense and defense he running at green county tech

MDXPHD

Quote from: Hero on June 29, 2014, 03:07:28 am
Teaching in other states or teaching in private schools.neither count towards teacher retirement. As far as retirement either of those situations is like you skipped a year of work.

I'm guessing if you teach in another state then you have been paying into retirement, which will most likely transfer over.

Big Fan

Quote from: MDXPHD on July 01, 2014, 08:10:18 am

I'm guessing if you teach in another state then you have been paying into retirement, which will most likely transfer over.
Your guess would be wrong.

Hero

Quote from: MDXPHD on July 01, 2014, 08:10:18 am
'

if that were the case you would see.a lot more coaches from out of state moving in and in state coaches moving out of the state.

Jayhawks07

I was a former player under GCT Coach Don Simmons and I have a vast amount of knowledge of who he is, what he's done in his career along with what style of football he likes to play.   

Coach Simmons is a players coach and likes to make playing football enjoyable for all talent levels.  On offense he likes to spread the field (4 WRs) and stay in shotgun.  His OL has huge splits creating big running lanes.  He likes to stay balanced on offense but usually comes out 60/40 in favor of the run.  He's had QBs pass for 2600+ yards.  He has a very complex but simple passing game allowing his players to play and not think.  While running the spread offense, he has had a RB average 1000 yds per season over the past 12 years.  He takes advantage of what the D is giving him and knows his team's strenghts and weaknesses.  On D he likes to be aggressive and blitz from all over the field.  He bases his D out of a 4-2-5 or 4-4-3.  He coaches his players to be physical and to play through the whistle.  He likes to generate turnovers from sending blitz from all over the field.

GCT got one helluva coach.

Any other questions I might be able to answer.. let me know.

DogsWin7

Where is DownNotOut??   Usually, he has valuable info on GCT. 

Downnotout

DogsWin7

There you are!!!   :)  I wondered where you have been....  I hope it works out too. 

Big Fan

Quote from: Jayhawks07 on July 03, 2014, 05:09:10 pm
He has a very complex but simple passing game allowing his players to play and not think. 
Please explain.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Big Fan on July 03, 2014, 05:53:26 pm
He has a very complex but simple passing game allowing his players to play and not think. 
Please explain.

I wanna know the answer to this too....

I'm not sure I follow how you can play and not think??   Is this considered a mindless play?  Lol!!  :)

DogsWin7

I got the PM...thank you.   ;)  :)

GuvHog

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on July 03, 2014, 08:19:44 pm
Quote from: Big Fan on July 03, 2014, 05:53:26 pm
Please explain.

I wanna know the answer to this too....

I'm not sure I follow how you can play and not think??   Is this considered a mindless play?  Lol!!  :)

Probably similar to Malzahn's. All the team has to do is read the sign held up by a coach or player and do as it says.

Jayhawks07

Coach Simmons likes to run no huddle a lot of the time. Every player has a wrist band on with plays numbered.  Simmons will call out a number and the players just have to look at the play assigned to said number.

You ask how his passing game can be complex but simple.  I will try to explain this without giving away his play book.  His passing game has hundreds of route combos but requires little memorization to learn the system.  He uses a numbered route tree that tells every player what route they are running.  The numbered route tree is correlated to one image that the players refer to and this image tells them where they are going on said route/play.  He does not hold up any images during the game.  This image is an every day image that everyone is familiar with so it's extremely easy to reference. The terminology is extremely simple.  A passing play can be as simple as 3 words and those three words tell all 11 players what they are doing.  The system he has in place enables his players to think prior to the play then react during the play.  WRs aren't making in route reads.  The QB is the only player on the field that has to make reads.  On any given play there is only one player on D that the QB is reading.  It is as simple as if the OLB goes out to the flat you're throwing to the inside.  If the OLB sits in the hook to curl area, you're throwing to the outside.  This makes life for the QB very easy.  He reads and reacts.  I know this might sound a little confusing but players can catch onto his system in as little as 30 minutes.  After a few weeks it becomes second nature and requires little to no thinking and allows players to go out and react. 

whippersnapper

Great explanation Jayhawk. The spread I am familiar with is a safety read. Is it 1 high (cover 3) 2 high (cover 2&4) or is it man. Then you've got some cloud and sky coverages also. I don't think Coach Simmons No Huddle will be any different then what have seen in this state. We are home to some of the original spread guys. Malzahn and Peacock. I think where Simmons will struggle is just winning and getting GCT to truly buy in to football. But maybe with this hire they will.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas