• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Camden Fairview

Started by wing, February 13, 2014, 02:43:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoghead

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on June 30, 2014, 07:21:20 am
Givng up 21 points to a number 1 seed.  I think thats pretty impressive. The 21 points scored on a kick-off return, a long run then I dont remember how the other points came about.  Not all that impressive for Hopes offense.

Pitching a shutout of a team that averaged 30 points a game wasn't impressive ? Yea you're right. How impressive was that rainey 21-0 ride back to Wynne. The Yellowjackets Offense was done when your little Qb got knocked out the game.

SECFOOTBALLFAN

Quote from: Lionheart88 on June 30, 2014, 12:20:11 pm
Quote from: SECFOOTBALLFAN on June 30, 2014, 07:42:46 am
Quote from: GuvHog on June 29, 2014, 01:41:04 pm
Quote from: Hoghead on June 28, 2014, 10:53:01 pm
Hootens has been wrong before. Its merely a opinion of their publication. What does Hootens Top 10 in 5A look like ?

Those write ups and rankings were probably done before the coaching changes started. I find it hard to believe that CF would be picked to win the 5A South after losing a lot of talent and their whole coaching staff. The same goes for Chapel. Although they return a great deal of talent and have a lot of talent moving up, getting a new HC with a different philosophy makes them a mystery.

P.S. As for McCready, 2 different people have told me that he is staying to coach the lines on both sides of the ball. That's all I know. It's a long summer though, and things can definitely change.

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Who is better than CF in the South? Cox has a legitimate resume that indicates he will keep them at the top/

Here we go with Chapel again "they return a great deal of talent and have a lot of talent moving up"..... I guess they should be overall #1

Different offensive philosophy.  If Jared Dutton lines up in the wishbone ONCE, even 1 time you will be banned from FF for life.

McCready cleaned his office out months ago.....get a clue
How should we know? This is a completely different coaching staff than last year.  Good players make good coaches, but in the pre-James era CF wasn't the same team they've been the last few years.  Who can say whether or not this new patchwork squad of coaches will be able to keep them at that level or not?

Yes, yes Lionheart.  I see you.  I see you and your desire for the White Hall Bulldogs to be great. I actually almost mentioned you in my previous post but I didn't feel it necessary to drag ya'll into it.

White Hall has tremendous talent year in and year out......when they have sons of former DWay greats in the backfield, and Tim Cooks and the Sprinkles. Oh yes, they have them big old lines that fight hard and play dirty.  And yes, of course White Hall has that hideous goal line single wing package that seems to work time and time again for them even into this millennium.

But Mr. Lionheart......you still lose nonconference games to Sheridan and Camden Fairview slaps the taste of the bulldogs' mouth every time they play.  So until you can prove that you can don pads with those redbirds, just keep your barking to a minimum.

For the rest of the FF board, the question still remains, who is better than CF in the south?

(cue Guv)

Lionheart88

That's a decent attempt at a straw man, but Swiss cheese has better structural integrity than your argument, and you did absolutely nothing to defeat my position that CF is an unpredictable wildcard due to the completely new coaching staff this year.

walkingguy72396

Quote from: Hoghead on June 30, 2014, 12:22:12 pm
Givng up 21 points to a number 1 seed.  I think thats pretty impressive. The 21 points scored on a kick-off return, a long run then I dont remember how the other points came about.  Not all that impressive for Hopes offense.

Pitching a shutout of a team that averaged 30 points a game wasn't impressive ? Yea you're right. How impressive was that rainey 21-0 ride back to Wynne. The Yellowjackets Offense was done when your little Qb got knocked out the game.

Exactly, takes some sting out of the shut-out.

Hoghead

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on June 30, 2014, 05:47:33 pm

No it didn't. That 21-0 hurt all 234 miles ! Wynne lost two games last year to Batesville and Hope by a combined score of 58-12 !  That truly upset is still there !

walkingguy72396

Quote from: Hoghead on June 30, 2014, 07:29:49 pm

No it didn't. That 21-0 hurt all 234 miles ! Wynne lost two games last year to Batesville and Hope by a combined score of 58-12 !  That truly upset is still there !
[/quote

Heck I picked Wynne to finish behind Forrest City till Forrest City blew it against Bebee.  So no I really do not find Hopes shut-out vs Wynne impressive.

Big Fan

Quote from: Hoghead on June 30, 2014, 07:29:49 pm

At 5-6 avg over the past 10 years Hope has something to be proud about.  Go Bobcats! 

GuvHog

Quote from: SECFOOTBALLFAN on June 30, 2014, 04:47:58 pm
Hootens has been wrong before. Its merely a opinion of their publication. What does Hootens Top 10 in 5A look like ?

Those write ups and rankings were probably done before the coaching changes started. I find it hard to believe that CF would be picked to win the 5A South after losing a lot of talent and their whole coaching staff. The same goes for Chapel. Although they return a great deal of talent and have a lot of talent moving up, getting a new HC with a different philosophy makes them a mystery.

P.S. As for McCready, 2 different people have told me that he is staying to coach the lines on both sides of the ball. That's all I know. It's a long summer though, and things can definitely change.

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Who is better than CF in the South? Cox has a legitimate resume that indicates he will keep them at the top/

Here we go with Chapel again "they return a great deal of talent and have a lot of talent moving up"..... I guess they should be overall #1

Different offensive philosophy.  If Jared Dutton lines up in the wishbone ONCE, even 1 time you will be banned from FF for life.

How should we know? This is a completely different coaching staff than last year.  Good players make good coaches, but in the pre-James era CF wasn't the same team they've been the last few years.  Who can say whether or not this new patchwork squad of coaches will be able to keep them at that level or not?

Yes, yes Lionheart.  I see you.  I see you and your desire for the White Hall Bulldogs to be great. I actually almost mentioned you in my previous post but I didn't feel it necessary to drag ya'll into it.

White Hall has tremendous talent year in and year out......when they have sons of former DWay greats in the backfield, and Tim Cooks and the Sprinkles. Oh yes, they have them big old lines that fight hard and play dirty.  And yes, of course White Hall has that hideous goal line single wing package that seems to work time and time again for them even into this millennium.

But Mr. Lionheart......you still lose nonconference games to Sheridan and Camden Fairview slaps the taste of the bulldogs' mouth every time they play.  So until you can prove that you can don pads with those redbirds, just keep your barking to a minimum.

For the rest of the FF board, the question still remains, who is better than CF in the south?

(cue Guv)

Picking the top 4 teams in the 5A South is not that difficult but projecting where each of those teams will finish in said top 4 is very difficult. Any one of the 4 (CF, Hope, WC, WH) could finish #1 or #4. Lakeside might slip in and grab the 4th spot but I seriously doubt it.

Hoggy

Lakeside?  Are you for real?  They might finish last

Youngsta71701

Quote from: GuvHog on July 01, 2014, 10:36:50 am
Quote from: SECFOOTBALLFAN on June 30, 2014, 04:47:58 pm

(cue Guv)

Picking the top 4 teams in the 5A South is not that difficult but projecting where each of those teams will finish in said top 4 is very difficult. Any one of the 4 (CF, Hope, WC, WH) could finish #1 or #4. Lakeside might slip in and grab the 4th spot but I seriously doubt it.

1. Camden Fairview
2. White Hall
3. Hope
4. Watson Chapel

RamFan06

Quote from: Hoggy on July 09, 2014, 10:38:24 am

What makes you believe Lakeside may finish last? You do remember we have both Hot Springs and DeQueen in this conf right? I'm not sure if LS will challenge for a playoff spot this year, but from what I have seen so far this summer, they should not be an easy out.

I will say I have not been impressed with Fairviews QB so far this summer. It seems that coach Cox isnt real sure yet either. He has two he has been playing and neither one is out shining the other. This is all based on 7on7 and purely throwing the ball.

GuvHog

I'm actually cautiously optimistic about my WC Wildcats. Don't get me wrong, I really respect coach Sheldon and I appreciate all that he did for WC but I'm glad the Wishbone is a thing of the past. Dutton will put WC in a multiple offense that will best utilize the 1 thing that they have a lot of and that is SPEED. They also have some good size too.

Here's my best quess for the 5A South and it may change before the season starts;

1. CF
2. WC
3. Hope
4. WH

I said before that I won't pick WC above CF until WC proves they can beat CF and I'm not backing away from that.

Hoggy

Quote from: RamFan06 on July 10, 2014, 09:53:21 am

What makes you believe Lakeside may finish last? You do remember we have both Hot Springs and DeQueen in this conf right? I'm not sure if LS will challenge for a playoff spot this year, but from what I have seen so far this summer, they should not be an easy out.

I will say I have not been impressed with Fairviews QB so far this summer. It seems that coach Cox isnt real sure yet either. He has two he has been playing and neither one is out shining the other. This is all based on 7on7 and purely throwing the ball.
Dang you left out Magnolia. Lakeside wasnt great last year and I thought they lost a lot from that team and dont have much talent coming up.  As for Dequeen and Hot Springs they will both be improved

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hoggy on July 10, 2014, 11:40:09 am
Quote from: RamFan06 on July 10, 2014, 09:53:21 am

Dang you left out Magnolia. Lakeside wasnt great last year and I thought they lost a lot from that team and dont have much talent coming up.  As for Dequeen and Hot Springs they will both be improved

I'm gonna take a wait and see approach on DeQueen

Hoghead

If Hot Springs RB comes back from Texas ( Kenny King) they can be decent on offense. Defensively they will be below par.Lakeside can be tricky at home. Magnolia is still behind the curve ball. Hard to believe the Panthers are this bad. DeQueen will never compete in football in the 5A South !

wing

1.) CF
2.) Hope
3.) WH
4.) WC

CF will not throw it around as much. I think we will be fine at QB.  Plus if Crockett can stay healthy, the running game should be fine. Good running game is a new QB's best friend.

Proud Buckaroo

I see Camden will be playing in the Smackover 7 on 7.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: wing on July 10, 2014, 01:44:54 pm
1.) CF
2.) Hope
3.) WH
4.) WC

CF will not throw it around as much. I think we will be fine at QB.  Plus if Crockett can stay healthy, the running game should be fine. Good running game is a new QB's best friend.

Crockett is already on the map but the breakout player this year will be Franklin if he can stay healthy.

wing

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on July 10, 2014, 02:17:56 pm
1.) CF
2.) Hope
3.) WH
4.) WC

Crockett is already on the map but the breakout player this year will be Franklin if he can stay healthy.

Agree. Franklin can be a great one. We are gonna need both. 14 games is a long season. ;)

Lionheart88

They won't finish behind DeQueen.  Not in American football.  You can take that to the bank.

Lionheart88

Quote from: GuvHog on July 10, 2014, 11:30:37 am
I'm actually cautiously optimistic about my WC Wildcats. Don't get me wrong, I really respect coach Sheldon and I appreciate all that he did for WC but I'm glad the Wishbone is a thing of the past. Dutton will put WC in a multiple offense that will best utilize the 1 thing that they have a lot of and that is SPEED. They also have some good size too.

Here's my best quess for the 5A South and it may change before the season starts;

1. CF
2. WC
3. Hope
4. WH

I said before that I won't pick WC above CF until WC proves they can beat CF and I'm not backing away from that.
In Wildcat land, "cautiously optimistic" translates to "we'll finish better than we have in years, despite having a new coach who's never been a high school HC before".  Though I guess that is "lowered expectations" for the perennially-most-overrated team in the South.

Hoghead

1.) CF
2.) Hope
3.) WH
4.) WC

CF will be pesky after years of going 5 wide and spreading the field. Some Power I, Full House and Wing T formations will have some DC's calling TIME OUT when CF breaks the huddle in these formations.

wing

Quote from: Hoghead on July 11, 2014, 02:03:51 am
1.) CF
2.) Hope
3.) WH
4.) WC

CF will be pesky after years of going 5 wide and spreading the field. Some Power I, Full House and Wing T formations will have some DC's calling TIME OUT when CF breaks the huddle in these formations.

This will be a hard transition for some Cardinal fans. Of course if the W's start piling up, the whining will stop.

GuvHog

Quote from: Lionheart88 on July 10, 2014, 08:21:48 pm

1. CF
2. WC
3. Hope
4. WH

In Wildcat land, "cautiously optimistic" translates to "we'll finish better than we have in years, despite having a new coach who's never been a high school HC before".  Though I guess that is "lowered expectations" for the perennially-most-overrated team in the South.

It's not the same as having an unknown new coach with a new system. These WC players know this coach and know his system well since they played for him in Jr. High. That can make a BIG difference. Will it??? Who knows?

wing

Quote from: GuvHog on July 11, 2014, 08:32:33 am

1. CF
2. WC
3. Hope
4. WH

It's not the same as having an unknown new coach with a new system. These WC players know this coach and know his system well since they played for him in Jr. High. That can make a BIG difference. Will it??? Who knows?

AKA.......Gus/Auburn

Youngsta71701

Quote from: wing on July 10, 2014, 02:28:40 pm
1.) CF
2.) Hope
3.) WH
4.) WC

Agree. Franklin can be a great one. We are gonna need both. 14 games is a long season. ;)

LOL...+1...I caught that and I hope your right! Would be nice!

GuvHog

Quote from: wing on July 11, 2014, 08:42:22 am
Quote from: GuvHog on July 11, 2014, 08:32:33 am

1. CF
2. WC
3. Hope
4. WH

AKA.......Gus/Auburn

Gus he ain't but the situational comparison is a good one even though this is on a lower level.

SECFOOTBALLFAN

1. CF
2. WC
3. Hope
4. WH

I have something to say....

WATSON CHAPEL WILL WIN THE 5A SOUTH, AND THE 5A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP.  THEY HAVE THE SAME ATHLETES AS D-WAY IN THE HALL, THEY HAVE THE INNOVATIVE JR. HIGH FOOTBALL GOD AS HEAD COACH.  COACH "SHELDON" HELD THEM BACK.  GOOD LORD AT ALL THE TALENT.  I AM TREMBLING AS I THINK ABOUT THE BUZZSAW THAT IS WATSON CHAPEL 2014.

THE NEW HEAD COACH BRINGS MULTIPLE NEW AND INVENTIVE FORMATIONS TO THE TABLE....THEY PLAN TO RUN THE OOPTY OOP, THE ANNEXATION OF PUERTO RICO, THE SWINGING GATE, 8 WIDE, AND MORE.

THE WC FOOTBALL COACH INVENTED THE SPREAD FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.  HE PIONEERED IT IN ALL HIS 2 YEARS OF JR. HIGH FOOTBALL

HE IS THE SAVIOR OF WATSON CHAPEL FOOTBALL, HE WILL FINALLY TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE SLEW OF ATHLETES THAT WATSON CHAPEL HAS TO OFFER.....WATSON CHAPEL....DA JEWEL OF DA BLUFF

GUV POINTS OUT THAT THEY ARE LOADED WITH SIZE AND SPEED.......I MEAN WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED BESIDES THE GREATEST COACH IN THE HISTORY OF MERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOOOOOOOO WILDCATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAN WE PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER SCHOOLS IN THE 5A SOUTH AND GET OFF THIS THREAD ABOUT CAMDEN?????  NOBODY EVEN KNOWS THEIR MASCOT

ALL WE KNOW IS THE WATSON CHAPEL GUVHOGS....THE WATSON CHAPEL ABSOLUTS......WHERE'S HE TO PROCLAIM THIS SECOND COMING GUV??????

SECFOOTBALLFAN

I was at Watson Chapel full pads practice today, its ok, coach said they could do that.  He said he invented the AAA.  I saw the best QB Watson Chapel has had in years.  This man named GUVHOG (his brother is on the schoolboard) was playing QB.  I think he is a good QB and will make them win the state championship.  Anyhow, he threw 7 TD passes.  Then coach made Guv line up in the Wing Twins Left Double Twins Right formation (he invented it) and all 11 offensive players went down field for the pass and then coach threw it.  TOUCHDOWN WC.  We are going to win every game we ever play.  I'm so happy now

spongebob

July 27, 2014, 02:33:36 pm #679 Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 02:52:23 pm by spongebob
:)

The Future

Quote from: SECFOOTBALLFAN on July 11, 2014, 04:11:13 pm

1. CF
2. WC
3. Hope
4. WH

I have something to say....

WATSON CHAPEL WILL WIN THE 5A SOUTH, AND THE 5A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP.  THEY HAVE THE SAME ATHLETES AS D-WAY IN THE HALL, THEY HAVE THE INNOVATIVE JR. HIGH FOOTBALL GOD AS HEAD COACH.  COACH "SHELDON" HELD THEM BACK.  GOOD LORD AT ALL THE TALENT.  I AM TREMBLING AS I THINK ABOUT THE BUZZSAW THAT IS WATSON CHAPEL 2014.

THE NEW HEAD COACH BRINGS MULTIPLE NEW AND INVENTIVE FORMATIONS TO THE TABLE....THEY PLAN TO RUN THE OOPTY OOP, THE ANNEXATION OF PUERTO RICO, THE SWINGING GATE, 8 WIDE, AND MORE.

THE WC FOOTBALL COACH INVENTED THE SPREAD FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.  HE PIONEERED IT IN ALL HIS 2 YEARS OF JR. HIGH FOOTBALL

HE IS THE SAVIOR OF WATSON CHAPEL FOOTBALL, HE WILL FINALLY TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE SLEW OF ATHLETES THAT WATSON CHAPEL HAS TO OFFER.....WATSON CHAPEL....DA JEWEL OF DA BLUFF

GUV POINTS OUT THAT THEY ARE LOADED WITH SIZE AND SPEED.......I MEAN WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED BESIDES THE GREATEST COACH IN THE HISTORY OF MERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOOOOOOOO WILDCATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAN WE PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER SCHOOLS IN THE 5A SOUTH AND GET OFF THIS THREAD ABOUT CAMDEN?????  NOBODY EVEN KNOWS THEIR MASCOT

ALL WE KNOW IS THE WATSON CHAPEL GUVHOGS....THE WATSON CHAPEL ABSOLUTS......WHERE'S HE TO PROCLAIM THIS SECOND COMING GUV??????

Well there goes my whole belief system....

So how does this soon to be 5A state champ WC team stand compared to a few years back when they dropped down from 6A and were written as preseason number 1 soon to be 5A champs??

spongebob

CF lost to Junction yesterday 41-16 according to El Dorado newspaper. My question would be is JC that good or is CF going to struggle offensively? The common answer will be "oh it's only 7 on 7" but it makes one wonder....especially considering they lost earlier this month to Hampton.

wildboy44

Quote from: spongebob on July 27, 2014, 02:51:36 pm
CF lost to Junction yesterday 41-16 according to El Dorado newspaper. My question would be is JC that good or is CF going to struggle offensively? The common answer will be "oh it's only 7 on 7" but it makes one wonder....especially considering they lost earlier this month to Hampton.
It's kinda of crazy spongebob...I watched Monticello beat El dorado pretty easy. We then beat Monticello pretty bad. You really can't judge anything by 7 on 7. We have the guys in position to put up points....play calling will be a issue. I think the guy that's going to call our plays will have to learn really fast or The wildcats could embarrass us.

spongebob

Yes, the first game could set the tone for the season 1 way or another

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas