• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Camden Fairview

Started by wing, February 13, 2014, 02:43:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: AirWarren on April 28, 2014, 10:17:51 pm
Bill curry, Tim curry...all the same :)

I particularly enjoy Bill Curry's speech on flotation abilities in lower areas.

Hoghead

Quote from: minerjack2212 on April 28, 2014, 07:59:22 pm
Quote from: Hoghead on April 26, 2014, 02:57:47 pm
Quote from: spongebob on April 25, 2014, 08:08:28 pm
No it's definitely words that rhyme with DUCKing and FUSSY

I played for a guy who would cuss in church. It wasn't that bad. Then my 1st Navy Chief I worked for was Dick Hardy. He was from Soddy Daisy, Tennessee. I repeat Dick Hardy quotes to this day. One of the best Chiefs I ever worked for. He made Billy Ray Sunday (Robert DiNero) look like a Preacher. Man could he cuss ! He looked like Mr. Magoo. But the guy had management skills and people would do anything for him ! So what the coach is a cuss bug.
I did too, HH.  And you know what?  I'm probably gonna cuss too in my coaching.  It's gonna come out.  Parents don't understand these days.  They've even changed in the past few years.  Our parents probably thought, "Well.... they probably needed it."  Do y'all think when y'all's kid grows up and gets a job at a major corporation and your kid's boss finds out he or she left out a major point in the business proposition that kept the corporation from getting funds from another major corporation, that he or she isn't going to get chewed out??  Or even fired?

Like it or not.  Whatever people say.  Football isn't just a game.  It's a game in a nutshell.  But outside the box, football is a metaphor for life.  Parents, read my post above about Bill Curry.  That sums things up.

After serving under Chief Hardy, I too became a cussing Chief. I got a lot of those little wimps toughened up from momma when they came through the AME "A" School in Memphis and Pensacola. I would even call up some parents and put them on speaker so they could hear me tell their kid how he was messing up ! The two worst kids I had were complete rocks. One was from Russellville, Arkansas and the other was from Cleveland, Ohio.

When a Instructor brought me a kid who was just messing up in class and failing test. I'd say, What's your mothers phone number ? I'd call her up and tell her Im about to send this wonderful little apple of your eye to SEA !!! He's headed to the USS NEVERDOCK ! After the conversation with Mom and him I'd send him back to class. Then I'd call his folks and apoligize. Most of them shipped up and got it togather. At my retirement ceremony the fellow Instructors on my Staff gave me a plaque that said, WHAT'S YOUR MOTHERS PHONE NUMBER !   Great times in the NAVY !!!!

AirWarren

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on April 28, 2014, 11:16:23 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on April 28, 2014, 10:17:51 pm
Bill curry, Tim curry...all the same :)

I particularly enjoy Bill Curry's speech on flotation abilities in lower areas.

I second this.

The man is a genius when it comes to coaching with scare tactic.

STUNNA

Would not be surprised if they tried giving Bo a call...

Big Fan

Quote from: STUNNA on April 29, 2014, 01:18:51 pm
He has interviewed there before.  That ship has sailed.

AirWarren

Bo Hembree is on his way to being a Arkansas high school sports Hall of Fame member at Warren high school. Why on earth would he leave? He is going to be with the ranks of legendary coaches like Frank Vines, jimmy red Parker, rick jones, Barry Lunney, and The General Don Campbell.

Hoghead

^^^^^^^^ MONEY and Facilities are two reasons. He can reach the HOF from Camden Fairview. Coach Campbell coached at Corning & Sheridan before going to Wynne.

AirWarren

April 29, 2014, 05:12:52 pm #107 Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 05:16:27 pm by AirWarren
Quote from: Hoghead on April 29, 2014, 04:53:13 pm
^^^^^^^^ MONEY and Facilities are two reasons. He can reach the HOF from Camden Fairview. Coach Campbell coached at Corning & Sheridan before going to Wynne.

Dude is making solid money at warren. And our facilities are great.

Hoghead

Your facilities are not on par with Camden Fairview. You dont know how much more money CFHS will pay.  Everybody has a price.......you never know. Look how Buck just left !

Lionheart88

They're not that much worse.  Granted CF's stadium is a lot better, but coaches don't move because schools have good seats for the spectators.

Hoghead

Quote from: Lionheart88 on April 29, 2014, 06:34:48 pm
They're not that much worse.  Granted CF's stadium is a lot better, but coaches don't move because schools have good seats for the spectators.

As I said money ! Warrens facilities aren't bad. CFHS is just better. Stadium, Gym, Indoor Facility, Softball, Baseball all nods to CFHS. In the words of Wrestler Ted DeAbaci, everybody has a price !!!

GuvHog

Quote from: Hoghead on April 29, 2014, 06:49:38 pm

As I said money ! Warrens facilities aren't bad. CFHS is just better. Stadium, Gym, Indoor Facility, Softball, Baseball all nods to CFHS. In the words of Wrestler Ted DeAbaci, everybody has a price !!!

It's Dibiase.

AirWarren

Quote from: Hoghead on April 29, 2014, 05:36:16 pm
Your facilities are not on par with Camden Fairview. You dont know how much more money CFHS will pay.  Everybody has a price.......you never know. Look how Buck just left !

Yawn.

Hoghead

Quote from: GuvHog on April 29, 2014, 07:03:46 pm

It's Dibiase.

Thanks ! Dee A Ba Cee !

Big Fan

You are correct on the facilities and $$ HH, but the Bo to CF ship has sailed several years ago.  As a Navy guy I thought you would have known that. 

Big Fan

Quote from: GuvHog on April 29, 2014, 07:03:46 pm

It's Dibiase.
Wrestling fan....that explains a few things. 

STUNNA

Quote from: AirWarren on April 29, 2014, 04:01:58 pm

Bo Hembree is on his way to being a Arkansas high school sports Hall of Fame member at Warren high school. Why on earth would he leave? He is going to be with the ranks of legendary coaches like Frank Vines, jimmy red Parker, rick jones, Barry Lunney, and The General Don Campbell.

Lol I don't think I ever said he would leave. Just that I could see them trying really hard to get him. He would be a good fit there. But I don't think he will ever leave warren.

Big Fan

Quote from: STUNNA on April 29, 2014, 07:50:43 pm

Lol I don't think I ever said he would leave. Just that I could see them trying really hard to get him. He would be a good fit there. But I don't think he will ever leave warren.
Truth is, he tried real hard to get out for two or three years, several years ago but couldn't.  Lucky foe Warren. 

minerjack

Lol AirWarren is defending it because he gets sick to the stomach at the thought of Bo leaving  ;D.  In his world, Bo will leave for nothing lol

AirWarren

Hoghead

Quote from: AirWarren on April 29, 2014, 07:16:54 pm

Yawn.

They are not. That Gym & Stadium at Warren can't touch CFHS. Yawn some more, you're sleeping on this one.

Big Fan

Quote from: Hoghead on April 29, 2014, 09:19:51 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on April 29, 2014, 07:16:54 pm

Yawn.

They are not. That Gym & Stadium at Warren can't touch CFHS. Yawn some more, you're sleeping on this one.
CF could have Cowboy Stadium..........ain't gonna happen.  See previous post...

STUNNA

At this point in his career I think there are probably only about 5 schools that he would possibly consider leaving for. But I think he will stay at warren for the long haul

Hoghead

Quote from: STUNNA on April 29, 2014, 11:15:36 pm
At this point in his career I think there are probably only about 5 schools that he would possibly consider leaving for. But I think he will stay at warren for the long haul

He's had a great carrer with the Orang & Blackjacks. No need to finish up away from the Kingdom.

wing

Quote from: Hoghead on April 29, 2014, 11:42:13 pm
Quote from: STUNNA on April 29, 2014, 11:15:36 pm

He's had a great carrer with the Orang & Blackjacks. No need to finish up away from the Kingdom.

I think under a different administration, he would strongly consider a move. He's said no once to these guys so I don't think it would be any different now. Money talks but some would rather stay in their comfort zone. He seems to have that in Bradley County.

Hoghead

Did CFHS call down to Junction City to see is Carpenter wants the job or does he love 2A that much ? He has some 5A talent in JC !

wing

Quote from: Hoghead on April 30, 2014, 10:47:35 pm
Did CFHS call down to Junction City to see is Carpenter wants the job or does he love 2A that much ? He has some 5A talent in JC !

He gets to tap into some of that LA talent, but he does win.

The Future

Man, I think a great fit for Camden would be ol Tommy Tice. Even if he retires soon, at least he'll have the chance to actually win some games before he does. Face it, as great a coach as he is, he won't do anything at Huntsville. No matter how great a coach is, he is nothing if his players just don't have the will to win. He has been at Huntsville long enough. If he was gonna produce a great team, he would have by now.  Camden has the players, has the drive, and has started a win tradition. Tice would do great things there.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: The Future on May 01, 2014, 11:05:39 am
Man, I think a great fit for Camden would be ol Tommy Tice. Even if he retires soon, at least he'll have the chance to actually win some games before he does. Face it, as great a coach as he is, he won't do anything at Huntsville. No matter how great a coach is, he is nothing if his players just don't have the will to win. He has been at Huntsville long enough. If he was gonna produce a great team, he would have by now.  Camden has the players, has the drive, and has started a win tradition. Tice would do great things there.

Isn't Huntsville where Tommy Tice is from? But the whole go out with a Bang idea might get a coach to leave home again to go after another state title...

luckyduck

He is?  Is he the same guy that couldnt win 4a state with 3 or 4 NFL players on his team?

minerjack

^ We're going to go there?  What an idiot.  I run into plenty of Nashville people that claim the refs made the wrong call.

luckyduck

You have 3 nfl players on one team.  You should be able to squeak out a win against Nashville.  Good grief

wing

Hearing they have narrowed it down to 6-7 applicants and will start talking with them this week. Temprees/Youngsta/Browning, you guys hearing anything? A couple of interesting names if true.

GotInfo?

Heard about 5 names. Some good coaches involved sounds like. Should be interesting

Big Fan

Quote from: wing on May 05, 2014, 09:13:49 am
Hearing they have narrowed it down to 6-7 applicants and will start talking with them this week. Temprees/Youngsta/Browning, you guys hearing anything? A couple of interesting names if true.

Quote from: GotInfo? on May 05, 2014, 10:32:54 am
Heard about 5 names. Some good coaches involved sounds like. Should be interesting

If you "heard" names, name them.  Otherwise, what's the point of your post?

luckyduck

John L. Smith is in the mix

Temprees

Quote from: Big Fan on May 05, 2014, 10:45:07 am

Not appropriate to name names, IMO.  If a head coach interviews and doesn't get the new job, then he has to go back and coach the kids that he just tried to leave.  I think it best that the names of head coaches not be mentioned.  I think otherwise if an assistant coach/coordinator is applying for a head job.  Those names could be floated. 

GotInfo?

DM if you want names. Interviewing 7

wing

Quote from: Big Fan on May 05, 2014, 10:45:07 am

Hey Bigfan, just putting a little info out there that the search is moving along. Maybe we'll have a new coach in a couple of weeks. That's my point. And agree with Temprees on the name dropping. I'm sure Nick doesn't want the bama faithful to know he's interested. ;)

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Temprees on May 05, 2014, 12:53:16 pm
I think it best that the names of head coaches not be mentioned.

Oh forget that, let's hear the dirt.

Big Fan

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on May 05, 2014, 05:44:23 pm

.........ahhh, the internet message board, the last great bastion of etiquette and respect. 

I call BS on those who think they have names.  Sent PM's out........no response.

AirWarren

Quote from: Big Fan on May 05, 2014, 07:06:08 pm
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on May 05, 2014, 05:44:23 pm

.........ahhh, the internet message board, the last great bastion of etiquette and respect. 

I call BS on those who think they have names.  Sent PM's out........no response.

In the words of Guv, "my sources are telling me..."

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on April 29, 2014, 05:12:52 pm

Serious question, does Warren have an indoor facility?

And btw, Stuttgart pays more than Warren....

AirWarren

Yes. Had one built in 2004.

minerjack

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on May 05, 2014, 08:33:28 pm

But is Stuttgart worth the 4-6 seasons, even though it pays more.  Stuttgart isn't the caliber it used to be since all the rich farmers left.

SUGARTOWN

May 05, 2014, 10:20:16 pm #145 Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 10:28:08 pm by SUGARTOWN
Quote from: minerjack2212 on May 05, 2014, 09:14:51 pm
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on May 05, 2014, 08:33:28 pm

But is Stuttgart worth the 4-6 seasons, even though it pays more.  Stuttgart isn't the caliber it used to be since all the rich farmers left.

I guess you missed the 2012 title season? Surely you didn't miss the Warren beat down. And I'll take a mediocre season if it means a state title the year before, but I know y'all don't remember what it's like to win one of those. :)

And since you know so much, where did all the rich farmers go? Who do you think owns all the farmland? Lol

Big Fan

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on May 05, 2014, 10:20:16 pm
And since you know so much, where did all the rich farmers go? Who do you think owns all the farmland? Lol
The poor farmers?  The bank?   

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Big Fan on May 05, 2014, 10:26:36 pm

I'm just trying to figure out why all the rich farmers would leave. They didn't want to make any more money? I'm sure minerjack will explain it for us...

spongebob

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on May 05, 2014, 10:30:51 pm

I'm just trying to figure out why all the rich farmers would leave. They didn't want to make any more money? I'm sure minerjack will explain it for us...

No one cares. Go back to 4A board and argue there. What's this got to do with Camden Fairview?

SUGARTOWN

May 05, 2014, 11:00:09 pm #149 Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 11:01:48 pm by SUGARTOWN
Quote from: spongebob on May 05, 2014, 10:50:53 pm
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on May 05, 2014, 10:30:51 pm

No one cares. Go back to 4A board and argue there. What's this got to do with Camden Fairview?

I guess reading comprehension isn't your strong suit either. If you had bothered to read the previous posts you would see that someone mentioned Warren's coach as a candidate for the CF job which led to this point.

But I'll leave it alone, maybe the CF administration won't run off the the next Cardinals coach like they did James.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas