• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Congrats to Morrilton. Who was your toughest opponent? Hope or Batesville?

Started by 4thandgoal, December 15, 2013, 12:57:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

4thandgoal

I saw both games. I think that the Hope defense was better, but Batesville also has a nice defense.

the voice

Hope in my opinion definitely had a much better defense, much better rush . The title game it seemed we could throw the ball whenever we wanted. They had no answer. Two drives stopped because of penalties , which I think the paper said were 8-2 against morrilton . On those drives the dogs convert and call it back for another ten . The passing game was there all day . Colton Cooksey lined up at WR twice hasn't done that all year and caught deep passes over the corner. Hopes defense didn't give us time to throw like that. PAs offense was the best , morrilton faced .

4thandgoal

Quote from: the voice on December 15, 2013, 08:47:10 am
Hope in my opinion definitely had a much better defense, much better rush . The title game it seemed we could throw the ball whenever we wanted. They had no answer. Two drives stopped because of penalties , which I think the paper said were 8-2 against morrilton . On those drives the dogs convert and call it back for another ten . The passing game was there all day . Colton Cooksey lined up at WR twice hasn't done that all year and caught deep passes over the corner. Hopes defense didn't give us time to throw like that. PAs offense was the best , morrilton faced .

Yes, I agree. I did not expect Morrilton to beat Hope due to Hope's defense. However, I felt that the winner of the Hope & Morrilton game would go on and win. the championship. When I scouted Batesville, I saw a good tough and rugged team, but not one that would match up with Hope or Morrilton. At least for the state title. Congratulations. Since Alma beat you guys, I bet they are thinking that it should have been their championship.

The Coach

Quote from: 4thandgoal on December 15, 2013, 10:43:02 am
Quote from: the voice on December 15, 2013, 08:47:10 am

Yes, I agree. I did not expect Morrilton to beat Hope due to Hope's defense. However, I felt that the winner of the Hope & Morrilton game would go on and win. the championship. When I scouted Batesville, I saw a good tough and rugged team, but not one that would match up with Hope or Morrilton. At least for the state title. Congratulations. Since Alma beat you guys, I bet they are thinking that it should have been their championship.

Morrilton had 5 t.o.'s vs Alma so they beat themselves more then Alma beat them. Morrilton was the best team in the 5a west and ultimately the 5a.

the voice

Most morrilton players and fans wanted alma again, but batesville proved to be the better team that night. Batesville played tough and never quit . Nothing to hang their heads about.

DEVIL DOG HOG

pirt

Quote from: 4thandgoal on December 15, 2013, 12:57:37 am
I saw both games. I think that the Hope defense was better, but Batesville also has a nice defense.
most def it was Hope

Devil Dog 17

Easy answer. Hope had better defense , Batesville had a better offense. Better overall team would probably give a slight edge to Batesville because of their kicker. However, I expect Hope to win it all next year.

ahsalum

MDXPHD

AT

MDXPHD

Quote from: Almatrackster on December 17, 2013, 04:24:09 pm
Quote from: MDXPHD on December 17, 2013, 03:05:48 pm
Quote from: Steve Perry on December 17, 2013, 11:41:20 am

Easy answer.

Alma. Ask the Morrilton players.

Yeah, because they forced so many of those turnovers ::)

3 out of 5.

That's more than I thought, actually.  Thanks for clearing that up.  2 out of 6 seems to be the consensus of many FF members and seems to be the one that I have stuck in my head because of the rumors.  I trust your stats more than others. 

4thandgoal

Quote from: Devil Dog 17 on December 15, 2013, 07:41:57 pm
Easy answer. Hope had better defense , Batesville had a better offense. Better overall team would probably give a slight edge to Batesville because of their kicker. However, I expect Hope to win it all next year.

Hope lost a lot. They are in a stage of a little rebuilding.

helmethair

lol you are pretty clueless man, Hope will be down quite a bit next year

KOJACK

Hoghead

Quote from: helmethair on March 11, 2014, 10:23:26 am
[/quote

Easy answer. Hope had better defense , Batesville had a better offense. Better overall team would probably
give a slight edge to Batesville because of their kicker. However, I expect Hope to win it all next year.

Tony
[quote author=Devil Dog 17 link=topic=133691.msg2914698#msg2914698 date=1387158117

Hope Defense was pretty Salty. Tony Hawkins of Morrilton will tell you that. That game was a battle royal. As for Hope being down next year Helmethair, enlighten us why you think this ? Its safe to say the Bobcat cupboard has talent and isnt empty. Sleep on the Cats if you must, but they by no means down.

helmethair

I'm pretty sure they are losing 5 starters at least on offense and defense and heir 9th grade class is really weak.  Also lose the player of the year in Westmoreland.  It's pretty simple really.

AT

Hope also has one of the best athletes in 5A with McTelvin Agim.

Frogger

Hoghead

Hope may have had the best defense. Batesville & Alma were good as well. Overall Morrilton is the 5A Champs. That's what counts the most !!!

MoTownDog

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas