• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mills?

Started by coachsearch, February 06, 2019, 11:11:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Da Truff on April 10, 2019, 09:26:42 am
I don't know much about Mills but I know that Lee had D-Way rolling for a while.
Rolling?

UncleRico

If Mills has indeed hired Lee, I wish him nothing but the best! I hope he brings winning football back to Dixon Road.

FYI, Mills had 4 assistants last season.
[/quote]

2 of those assistants coached the freshman team (although they were on the sidelines on Friday). Only had 2 varsity assistants to practice with.

Big Fan

goldoline

Coach Lee will bring an enthusiasm renewal to LR Mills.  New Facilities, A strong recommendation from White Hall and he will motivate the players.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: goldoline on April 15, 2019, 05:56:55 am
Coach Lee will bring an enthusiasm renewal to LR Mills.  New Facilities, A strong recommendation from White Hall and he will motivate the players.
No

HeberFan

Quote from: Oldman on April 15, 2019, 12:17:13 pm
No

Pretty strong words. Have you no hope? No support of these kids?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: HeberFan on April 15, 2019, 12:37:10 pm

Pretty strong words. Have you no hope? No support of these kids?
No hope Lee will turn them around.

goldoline

Heberfan, don't waste your words on the nay-sayer.  He probably heckles T-ball games.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: goldoline on April 15, 2019, 06:10:22 pm
Heberfan, don't waste your words on the nay-sayer.  He probably heckles T-ball games.
Just baseball dads at t-ball games.

goldoline

Looked up Coach Lee's record against Warren.  2 wins, 5 losses.  2 other wins were forfeited.  Without the forfeits, 4-3.  One fact I have learned; Negative people set themselves where they cannot be wrong.  If the doom does not occur (Lee turns around LR Mills) all are happy.  If the doom does occur (Lee does not turn program around) the doomsday self-proclaimed prophet is right.    But as Theodore Roosevelt wrote:"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."   Thank God there are men like Cortez Lee who choose to invest themselves in the lives of young men while teaching them the values found in the game of Football.  I say best of luck to him and his staff and to ___ with a clanging symbol who stands to the side and wags his head.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: goldoline on April 17, 2019, 11:03:26 am
Looked up Coach Lee's record against Warren.  2 wins, 5 losses.  2 other wins were forfeited.  Without the forfeits, 4-3.  One fact I have learned; Negative people set themselves where they cannot be wrong.  If the doom does not occur (Lee turns around LR Mills) all are happy.  If the doom does occur (Lee does not turn program around) the doomsday self-proclaimed prophet is right.    But as Theodore Roosevelt wrote:"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."   Thank God there are men like Cortez Lee who choose to invest themselves in the lives of young men while teaching them the values found in the game of Football.  I say best of luck to him and his staff and to ___ with a clanging symbol who stands to the side and wags his head.
Too Long Coach. Did not read.

zebrafan

Quote from: goldoline on April 15, 2019, 05:56:55 am
Should win some games with Mills, I don't see him having the success he had at Dollar-way though.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: zebrafan on April 17, 2019, 12:33:01 pm
Should win some games with Mills, I don't see him having the success he had at Dollar-way though.

Yep, not the same caliber of players at Mills.

purpleswag

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: goldoline on April 17, 2019, 11:03:26 am
No one is saying Dway has never had talent. You can also look up one of those victories over Warren that the Jacks had double digit holding calls accessed on the while the Cardinals had one late in the 4th quarter. That same team got demolished by a  Clinton team on the same field when neutral refs showed up a week later in the playoffs. If Lee can bring that ref staff with him to Mills, he has a chance.

As far as him being a mentor to young men, he gets paid to do that. He's not doing all that on his own time.
Wish him best of luck at Mills for the kids sake.

HeberFan

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas