• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gosnell open

Started by Missco, January 31, 2019, 09:24:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigchief72455

Corning's coach is looking for a new job.

Missco

bigchief72455

Qhcaoc

Quote from: Former, Coach Jacobs on February 04, 2019, 12:08:32 pm
On your first point I don't know the answer to that.

On your second point...According to each school's website Barbaree has a higher salary for the 2018-2019 school year. I guess it would depend on if Leggett wanted to get back in it, and do it at a place he knows well.

Disclaimer: I have zero knowledge of what Coach Leggett wants or doesn't want to do. I'm just making a guess on who would be interested. It makes sense if he were to be interested.

Barbaree is an assistant principal so that why he gets paid that well in 18-19 go back and look at his pay in 17-18 to get a more accurate look at the pay for a coach that is not an assistant principal. Most applicants wont make over 55,000.

Mulerider4Life

Dang, never thought there would be this much discussion on a Gosnell job.

OB11

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on February 06, 2019, 02:44:42 pm

They have always been good historically. Not dominant by any stretch, but they always compete. Attractive job for someone that wants a decent shot at winning a conference championship on a consistent basis and making the playoffs every year. Was a lot easier before Rivercrest came back into that conference. I'm not surprised there is some chatter about this job.

I think the pay is an obstacle, but as we have discussed before on other threads, that can be overcome in several different ways.

RabAlumni

Quote from: OB11 on February 06, 2019, 02:50:28 pm
They have always been good historically. Not dominant by any stretch, but they always compete. Attractive job for someone that wants a decent shot at winning a conference championship on a consistent basis and making the playoffs every year. Was a lot easier before Rivercrest came back into that conference. I'm not surprised there is some chatter about this job.

I think the pay is an obstacle, but as we have discussed before on other threads, that can be overcome in several different ways.

+1......  Except, as you mentioned now that Rivercrest is in that conference you can pretty much hang up that thought!

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: bigchief72455 on February 05, 2019, 02:03:56 pm
Corning's coach is looking for a new job.
He may be looking for awhile

ISU7

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on February 05, 2019, 09:24:02 am
It's only 30 mins. About like Benton to Little Rock or Conway to Little Rock. For that low of pay though, it may warrant driving further to Osceola.
It don't take 30 minutes to get to Osceola from Gosnell unless you're on a bicycle 🤣

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: ISU7 on February 07, 2019, 01:43:34 am
It don't take 30 minutes to get to Osceola from Gosnell unless you're on a bicycle 🤣

I was just going off Google Maps. Well 27 minutes going the speed limit.

bigchief72455

Quote from: RabAlumni on February 06, 2019, 04:23:24 pm

+1......  Except, as you mentioned now that Rivercrest is in that conference you can pretty much hang up that thought!
Slow down there. Other teams compete. Even the guys from the Crest will admit that there is fair enough competition in the conference.

bigchief72455

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on February 06, 2019, 02:44:42 pm
Nothing else to talk about until actual football season. Now its just speculation season. LOL

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: bigchief72455 on February 07, 2019, 08:34:47 am
Nothing else to talk about until actual football season. Now its just speculation season. LOL

Pretty much. I don't know what else to talk about. I am still trying to keep me interest in high school football.

FoxandHound34

TrenchHogs

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on February 04, 2019, 12:00:06 pm
So he is current athletic director at Osceola? But lives in Gosnell? Curious why he doesn't just live in Osceola. I don't think anyone would leave an Athletic Director position for a pretty poor paying Head Football coach job.

Yes, his wife is a long time Gosnell teacher and daughter went k-12 at Gosnell.

Colt

Quote from: OB11 on February 01, 2019, 09:55:46 am
According to the Magnolia thread on the 5A board, Hooks from Osceola is one of the finalists for that job...
It will take a 5A+ size job for Hooks to leave home, but he played at SAU, Magnolia very familiar.

Former, Coach Jacobs

Quote from: Colt on February 07, 2019, 10:26:29 am
It will take a 5A+ size job for Hooks to leave home, but he played at SAU, Magnolia very familiar.

Magnolia has already hired.

OB11

Quote from: bigchief72455 on February 07, 2019, 08:33:54 am
Slow down there. Other teams compete. Even the guys from the Crest will admit that there is fair enough competition in the conference.

Very true. That conference will continue to be competitive. Not sure anyone will make much noise in the playoffs though. Hope I'm wrong!

OB11

This job was just posted on the SchoolSpring job board yesterday. Seems like maybe they have talked to someone about the job then decided to open it up. Anyone heard anything on this one?

Pat Swilling

I'm assuming school, community, support is great in Gosnell?

Missco

For NEA, I would say so. Good crowds at all sporting events.

Jimmymack

Missco   Have you heard any names that are interested  or interviewed for this job?

Rick Swines

Very quite in NEA. It's been open awhile.

Missco

February 24, 2019, 01:08:10 pm #73 Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 10:37:30 pm by Missco
Haven't heard much.

Eagle boss

Anyone know when interviews will start or who has applied?

OB11

This job has been QUIET. Figured there would be a lot of interest in this one.

Rick Swines

Its open until march 8th.  Would they interview before then? 

Missco

Mancho Hogo

I know they have interviewed at least 3 people. Decision should be soon.

ArkansasSportsFan

Quote from: Mancho Hogo on February 25, 2019, 09:45:22 pm
I know they have interviewed at least 3 people. Decision should be soon.

Any from NEA? Or outsiders?

Footballguy11

Hearing 20 have applied.....3 with head coaching experience. Wonder why the Defensive Coordinator wasn't hired?

OB11

Quote from: Footballguy11 on February 26, 2019, 07:15:17 pm
Hearing 20 have applied.....3 with head coaching experience. Wonder why the Defensive Coordinator wasn't hired?

Who is the DC?

Missco

Missco

February 27, 2019, 11:20:22 am #83 Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 11:33:28 am by Missco
He resigned as asst. I guess he is moving on also.

RACKS OF FOOTBALL SMARTS

Are there any names listed?

Footballguy11

February 28, 2019, 11:09:00 pm #85 Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 09:27:33 am by Footballguy11
Their are some good candidates for this job with a lot of experience.

Rick Swines

March 03, 2019, 10:26:03 pm #86 Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 07:20:12 am by Rick Swines
Decision will be made this week. Is gosnell the frontrunner in the conference next year?

bigchief72455

Quote from: Rick Swines on March 03, 2019, 10:26:03 pm
Decision will be made this week. Is gosnell the frontrunner in the conference next year?
Not really.

OB11

They will make the playoffs, but I don't see them winning the conference.

bigchief72455

Quote from: OB11 on March 04, 2019, 09:33:08 am
They will make the playoffs, but I don't see them winning the conference.
They will surely make the playoffs but I don't see a clear conference front runner at this time.

Ghs21

They will return a lot from last years team and have some good talent in the 9th grade. Moving out of the double wing is gonna change some things up

Missco

They will be down from the last 2 years unless they get some "move in's".

bigchief72455

Quote from: Ghs21 on March 04, 2019, 11:27:21 am
They will return a lot from last years team and have some good talent in the 9th grade. Moving out of the double wing is gonna change some things up
That double wing offense hurt them on more than one occasion.

RabAlumni

March 04, 2019, 01:45:53 pm #93 Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 03:39:00 pm by RabAlumni
Quote from: bigchief72455 on March 04, 2019, 12:51:33 pm
That double wing offense hurt them on more than one occasion.

Yea, that 26-11 record CBB had there was pretty terrible?  3 Straight Play-Off appearances, 11 win season in his first year (13 games), 9 his second (13 games), and then of course the worse year he had there this year with 6 Wins (11 games). I guess if you are speaking of the offense though, perhaps you are meaning this season?

Missco

March 04, 2019, 02:49:33 pm #94 Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 03:22:47 pm by Missco
I personally like the double wing. Barbaree by far is in the top  3 of all time Gosnell  fb coaches.

bigchief72455

Quote from: Missco on March 04, 2019, 02:49:33 pm
I personally like the double wing. Barbaree by far is in the top  3 of all time Gosnell  fb coaches.
No doubt he did a great job. Just not that big a fan of the double wing. It doesn't have the excitement factor. It is a grinding ground game but effective if you have the talent.

purpleswag

Quote from: bigchief72455 on March 05, 2019, 08:14:48 am
No doubt he did a great job. Just not that big a fan of the double wing. It doesn't have the excitement factor. It is a grinding ground game but effective if you have the talent.
[/quote

Rick Swines

All offensive schemes can be good if taught correctly and adjust to what the defense gives them.  Barbaree did a great job at Gosnell.  The spread it out offenses are more fun for kids but so is winning.  Whatever it takes to win. 

OB11

I really like the double wing as well. To me, the excitement with it is that you can bust a huge run on any given play. You could go 3 yards and a cloud of dust 10 plays in a row and then bust one for 40. It's demoralizing to a defense if you can't stop it. Giving up 3 or 4 yards every play is as much of a mental hurdle to overcome as it is a physical one.

Hogfan07

Any updates on this job?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas