• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A State Championship Robinson vs Arkadelphia(Poll)

Started by Brian G, December 01, 2018, 09:19:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think?

I think ARK wins and I want ARK to win
49 (40.5%)
I think ARK wins but I want Robinson to win
21 (17.4%)
I think Robinson wins and Robinson win
37 (30.6%)
I think Robinson wins but want ARK
14 (11.6%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Voting closed: December 08, 2018, 09:39:16 am

Kevin

I could be mistaken, but I believe people were saying the 7-4a was down this year.. Ashdown was down, but Bauxite was up so that cancels out. Malvern was down, but FTN lake was up... And I do believe Mena was replaced with a better team in Harmony Grove. This conference is a grind

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 03, 2018, 08:55:50 am
Yes, but once again, your statement had nothing to do with the thread conversation, mine did.

And there aren't any rice mills where I live. Try to keep up.
I know you don't live in Stuttgart but the town you do radio for had an explosion at a ricemill. You try to keep up.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on December 03, 2018, 09:51:47 am
I know you don't live in Stuttgart but the town you do radio for had an explosion at a ricemill. You try to keep up.

Well, the news said everyone was ok, so you know as much about it as I do.

Badgerball

The Badgers got off to a rough start going 0-5, but all 5 of those losses came to teams that made it to the quarterfinals or farther. Sylvan Hills made it to the semis, Benton to the Championship, Wynne to the quarters, Nashville to the quarters, and Robinson to the Championship. I don't get why people are saying this is a different team. They lost to SHHS by 2 and they made it to the 6A semis. ???

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Badgerball on December 03, 2018, 10:25:17 am
The Badgers got off to a rough start going 0-5, but all 5 of those losses came to teams that made it to the quarterfinals or farther. Sylvan Hills made it to the semis, Benton to the Championship, Wynne to the quarters, Nashville to the quarters, and Robinson to the Championship. I don't get why people are saying this is a different team. They lost to SHHS by 2 and they made it to the 6A semis. ???

So you're saying if they played those 5 teams again they would still go 0-5?

mossflyer

I have no idea about 4 of the 5 teams if we played them again. We will get to see one of them next Saturday to be able to take the hypothetical out of that one.

Badgerball

I think that they still lose all 3 of the non-conference games, but the conference games could be a different story. I am just saying that all 5 are quality losses and that they have been good this whole time.

bigchief72455

Might be sleet and snow coming in before the game.

AirWarren

Quote from: bigchief72455 on December 03, 2018, 11:04:45 am
Might be sleet and snow coming in before the game.

LOL, like I said. One coach will have the AAA on speed dial this week.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on December 03, 2018, 11:31:37 am
LOL, like I said. One coach will have the AAA on speed dial this week.

Why do ya'll think Eskola complains about the weather?

hogfan10

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 03, 2018, 10:35:09 am
So you're saying if they played those 5 teams again they would still go 0-5?

No doubt the team has improved, and mostly due to the OL coming together (completely different line than the '17 OL).
If games 1-5 were played today, I'd predict the Badgers going 3-2, with a chance of 4-1.

Oldbadger

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 03, 2018, 11:55:43 am
No doubt the team has improved, and mostly due to the OL coming together (completely different line than the '17 OL).
If games 1-5 were played today, I'd predict the Badgers going 3-2, with a chance of 4-1.
Not only the Oline but also the Dline. The Dline was key to beating Shiloh. They hurried the QB causing him to make bad throws.

hogfan10

Quote from: Oldbadger on December 03, 2018, 11:58:50 am
Not only the Oline but also the Dline. The Dline was key to beating Shiloh. They hurried the QB causing him to make bad throws.

Agree on Dline, but they were good from day 1. The DL returned 3 of the 4 starters form the '17 championship season. Scary thing is that
this years Dline only has 1 senior in the 6 man rotation.

paraloma

Quote from: Badgerball on December 03, 2018, 10:25:17 am

Did Arkadelphia have injured players at the beginning of the year that are now playing?

Badgerball

Quote from: paraloma on December 03, 2018, 12:33:29 pm
Did Arkadelphia have injured players at the beginning of the year that are now playing?
The running back Zion Hatley was out for Wynne with an injured ankle and maybe more games affected. The quarterback Cannon Turner also hadn't started playing defense yet.

hogfan10

December 03, 2018, 01:23:28 pm #65 Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 01:25:02 pm by hogfan10
Quote from: Badgerball on December 03, 2018, 12:54:07 pm
The running back Zion Hatley was out for Wynne with an injured ankle and maybe more games affected. The quarterback Cannon Turner also hadn't started playing defense yet.

TB was hampered with some leg problems (hamstring/ankle) for first 4 games. Think I heard JTR was the first game that he was really healthy, and he went for 130+ on 12 or so carries (I think, s/b close). Slot receiver had a broken collarbone for first 3 games, came back against Nashville; he's a sophomore, so as season has gone on he's naturally become more of the offense.

After playing Sylvan Hills/Benton I'm sure others were banged up, but I don't remember.

SUGARTOWN

hogfan10

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 03, 2018, 01:26:15 pm
So basically, they're a different team now...

No not really, same players. They're healthy at 2 key offensive positions and the OL has appeared to have matured/gelled.
The offense today is able to consistently do what it's intended to do, whereas in weeks 1-4 (I thought they looked pretty good against JTR, game 5) they weren't.
Defense has been pretty solid throughout. In some early games offensive turnovers really hurt the defense.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: hogfan10 on December 03, 2018, 01:32:15 pm
No not really, same players. They're healthy at 2 key offensive positions and the OL has appeared to have matured/gelled.
The offense today is able to consistently do what it's intended to do, whereas in weeks 1-4 (I thought they looked pretty good against JTR, game 5) they weren't.
Defense has been pretty solid throughout. In some early games offensive turnovers really hurt the defense.

We all realize it's the same players, but you all have said they are playing better now, have matured, etc. That's where the "different team" comments come from.

And you thought they looked good against Joe. T? Wasn't it 42-14?

hogfan10

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 03, 2018, 01:42:43 pm
We all realize it's the same players, but you all have said they are playing better now, have matured, etc. That's where the "different team" comments come from.

OK, symantics.

Yes, I thought the JTR game was the first game that our offensive looked like it was coming together.

Badgerball

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 03, 2018, 01:42:43 pm

The Joe T game was 13-7 at the half and then when Joe t came out firing the badgers weren't motivated at that point the senators ran up the score.

Badgerball

The Senators are 7-3 vs the Badgers since 2000
The Badgers are 1-0 vs 7-4A teams in the playoffs in that span
These two haven't meet in the playoffs (that i know of)

hogfan10

Quote from: Badgerball on December 03, 2018, 02:40:05 pm
The Joe T game was 13-7 at the half and then when Joe t came out firing the badgers weren't motivated at that point the senators ran up the score.

And, not that it would have likely mattered, we had a TD called back on a questionable WR pick very late in the 2nd qtr.

#1thetruth

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on December 03, 2018, 08:36:40 am
Facts are facts. You made a statement about Warren being mercy ruled, I made the statement Warren owns the Ricebirds. Just conversation.
Hope everyone is ok at the ricemill btw.

Man, never mind Sugar and GERBER..... this form is their life.... 

JoeWho

December 03, 2018, 11:24:47 pm #74 Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 11:38:02 pm by JoeWho
Well, I hate to say this, but this will be a close game.  I think this game will be in the 20 and 30 point range.  I don't think the Senators defense is as good as Stuttgart, but I think Joe T can score on our defense.  The rain will be the big factor as this will shutdown both passing game.  So, I see mostly a running game.  To be honest, the Senators pass better then the Badgers do.  There QB is more of a passer than a ball carrier, so I see that being factor this time.  Kicking wise, both team can make field goals.  I think this game will come down to least mistakes in the rain.  I going with the Badgers because we being in a flood zone and won before.  Somebody is going to win!  To come back after 0-5 start is still a great story.  I remember we were playing Fountain Lake.  No one was talking about us, and we were off everyone radar.  If we lost there, I felt we were going to miss the playoffs.  I think the most down point for me was after the first lose; Craig O'neal did the morning show at Badger Stadium (before the Benton game) and a group of us were talking.  He say somethings on the order that "we were good", but the Sylvan Hill lose hurt our status in the state at that time.  Of course, we thought we had a chance against Benton.  (No 4a Team could be Benton)  That ( You were good!) stuck with me until we won at Fountain Lake. Until the Warren game, I did not think we were a "Defending State Champions".   Well,  We are the Defending State Champions!  Joe T - To  be the man!  You got the Beat the Man!  The Badgers are going to be the Man just one more Time!  Wooo!

toadRyder

Quote from: JoeWho on December 03, 2018, 11:24:47 pm
Well, I hate to say this, but this will be a close game.  I think this game will be in the 20 and 30 point range.  I don't think the Senators defense is as good as Stuttgart, but I think Joe T can score on our defense.  The rain will be the big factor as this will shutdown both passing game.  So, I see mostly a running game.  To be honest, the Senators pass better then the Badgers do.  There QB is more of a passer than a ball carrier, so I see that being factor this time.  Kicking wise, both team can make field goals.  I think this game will come down to least mistakes in the rain.  I going with the Badgers because we being in a flood zone and won before.  Somebody is going to win!  To come back after 0-5 start is still a great story.  I remember we were playing Foundation Lake.  No one was talking about us, and we were off everyone radar.  If we lost there, I felt we were going to miss the playoffs.  I think the most down point for me was after the first lose; Craig O'neal did the morning show at Badger Stadium (before the Benton game) and a group of us were talking.  He say somethings on the order that "we were good", but the Sylvan Hill lose hurt our status in the state at that time.  Of course, we thought we had a chance against Benton.  (No 4a Team could be Benton)  That ( You were good!) stuck with me until we won at Foundation Lake. Until the Warren game, I did not think we were a "Defending State Champions".   Well,  We are the Defending State Champions!  Joe T - To  be the man!  You got the Beat the Man!  The Badgers are going to be the Man just one more Time!  Wooo!

Not sure if "Foundation Lake" was an autocorrect or not, but it killed me. Lol

JoeWho

Quote from: toadRyder on December 03, 2018, 11:28:32 pm
Not sure if "Foundation Lake" was an autocorrect or not, but it killed me. Lol

I fixed it.  Sorry, I should not think and write at the same time.
::)

#1thetruth

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on December 03, 2018, 09:51:47 am

Now you are getting it!!! Keep Sugar in his place...
LMBO

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: #1thetruth on December 04, 2018, 05:52:07 am
Now you are getting it!!! Keep Sugar in his place...
LMBO
Awww, Truth, Sugar is ok. He just wakes up some mornings wanting to lead the conversation to lean to his way of thinking. Probably has Bernie Sanders as his screen saver and SIRI voice...

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on December 04, 2018, 08:48:58 am
Awww, Truth, Sugar is ok. He just wakes up some mornings wanting to lead the conversation to lean to his way of thinking. Probably has Bernie Sanders as his screen saver and SIRI voice...

Nah, my boy is my screensaver

gerber707

December 04, 2018, 11:06:58 am #80 Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 11:11:33 am by gerber707
Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on December 04, 2018, 08:48:58 am
You will have to wait till Arkadelphia jr high lets out and truth makes it home before he will see this. You see his mother doesn't allow him to carry his phone to school. He has trouble staying focused, especially grammar class.

Superjack45

Will this game be pushed back due to the weather?

hogfan10

December 04, 2018, 01:10:51 pm #82 Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 07:44:09 pm by hogfan10
Quote from: Superjack45 on December 04, 2018, 12:49:54 pm
Will this game be pushed back due to the weather?

You'd have to wonder. Possibly slick roads for travel etc. I kinda think last weekends cancellations opens up the possibility.

soccerman

Only reason it will be postponed is due to the rain Thursday and Friday followed by freezing weather. Possible but don't see it happening

richboy

Robinson's really good. they have some tremendous blocking with alot of speed around the field.

Longsnapper81

Quote from: richboy on December 04, 2018, 07:06:58 pm
Robinson's really good. they have some tremendous blocking with alot of speed around the field.

If Robinson decides to focus on the run...They are going to pummel an opponent with Jones or Kentle.  if the box gets loaded they will make you pay with a P/A RPO that will set up mismatches in the flats and shallow crosses.  If Arkie lays off RHS receivers it will give them fits even with rain...

#1thetruth

December 04, 2018, 11:31:10 pm #86 Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 11:46:00 pm by #1thetruth
Badaaagers

Top Shelf

Private school feel, without the expense- 35
Same kids k thru 12- 20

Top Shelf

Top Shelf

Wins in spite of coach- 35
Wins because of coach- 20

Top Shelf

Top Shelf

Top Shelf

hogfan10

#1thetruth

Quote from: gerber707 on December 04, 2018, 11:06:58 am
You will have to wait till Arkadelphia jr high lets out and truth makes it home before he will see this. You see his mother doesn't allow him to carry his phone to school. He has trouble staying focused, especially grammar class.

Absolutely!!!!!!
Got to get my edumacation............
its amazing you two dip stick are still in the dark. well I got to go now...... on my way to art, we are finger painting today. 

bigchief72455

Largest school for 3 blocks -35
Largest school in the county-20

TROJANS18

Close game. Arkadelphia wins 49-45. I know alot of people don't see this game being so high but the way Arkadelphia has been playing and JTR is playing phenomenal I think it will be high scoring and Arkadelphia is going to looking for revenge. But if it is low scoring I got it Arkadelphia 21-14

Kevin

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 03, 2018, 11:39:47 am
Why do ya'll think Eskola complains about the weather?
Week 7 would probably make him a little scared to play in any type of bad weather

polksalet

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas