• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEMIFINALS- Dumas @ Robinson

Started by Crispyfried, November 23, 2018, 09:12:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins?

Dumas
Robinson

ISU7

RyanLR

From Hootens: Dumas at JOE T. ROBINSON (16): Dumas is in the semifinals for the first time, and the Bobcats' only loss this year was Week 6 at Warren, when they trailed 10-8 late in the third quarter. Dumas rallied from a 10-point fourth-quarter deficit last week, downing Rivercrest 30-18 by scoring three touchdowns in the final 10 minutes. Dumas averages 374 yards and 35 points weekly behind junior QB Chris Harris. Recruited by Memphis and Louisiana Tech, the dual-threat Harris has completed 120 of 183 passes this year (66 percent) for 1,623 yards and 18 TDs with seven interceptions, and rushed 168 times for 1,432 yards (8.5 yards per carry) and 20 TDs. Sophomore Kylin James played his best game of 2018 at Rivercrest, running for 120 yards and a TD and catching two passes for 58 yards, including the go-ahead 40-yard TD grab with four minutes left. Senior receiver/running back/cornerback Kaleb Small "is our team leader," Coach Max Pennington says. "He sparks us when we need momentum." Small has 82 carries for 627 yards (7.6 ypc) and 10 TDs, and 40 catches for 592 yards and nine TDs. An opposing coach says Small is among the quickest players in the state and "has SEC-type speed." Defensively, Small has 44 tackles and two interceptions, while seniors Keondrick Walker (97 tackles) and Otha Phillips (76 tackles) are leaders at linebacker.
Joe T. Robinson returns to the semifinals for the second straight season after winning five straight games, including last week's mercy-rule victory at 4-4A champion Ozark. The Senators roll up 373 yards and 40 points a game. Senior QB Greyson Tackett has completed 91 of 162 passes this year (56 percent) for 1,635 yards and 21 TDs with four interceptions. "He's the most accurate passer we've ever faced," Pennington says. "They have so many weapons, and he does a great job of finding them." Senior running back/receiver Mekel Kentle, limited to just three carries in the opening two playoff games, ran six times for 75 yards and a pair of TDs at Ozark. Kentle has 83 carries this year for 974 yards (11.4 yards per carry) and 17 TDs, and 30 receptions for 529 yards (17.6 yards per catch) and seven scores. Senior running back Tyler Jones has rushed for 706 yards and 12 TDs while playing in just 11 games this year. He has 25 carries for 164 yards and three TDs in the playoffs. Senior Treveon James caught three TD passes at Ozark and has 34 catches for 766 yards and 12 TDs this season.
Joe T. Robinson's D hasn't allowed a point in the first half since Week 9. Senior free safety Isaac Dubose has 104 tackles and six forced fumbles this season. Dubose collected 20 stops at Bauxite and 23 at Harmony Grove Haskell. Senior ends Zach Williams (87 stops) and Davis Wofford (83 tackles) anchor the line "and will cause us problems," Pennington says. Kentle has 60 stops at cornerback, while senior middle linebacker Seth Watson has 56 stops.

#1thetruth

Quote from: RyanLR on November 27, 2018, 07:06:41 am
Elliott Harris and Matt Howard start off at tackle and center respectively, and at DL. They get rotated out frequently on D though. The ends Zach Williams and Davis Wofford do not play offense at all.

Wofford is the starting guard

Pintailkiller

November 27, 2018, 11:28:44 am #53 Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 09:00:59 am by Pintailkiller
Quote from: #1thetruth on November 27, 2018, 10:25:31 am

In the 7 games I've seen them play, I've never seen Davis Wofford on the O Line.
Shows you how much attention I pay to the Oline.  I stand corrected #1thetruth.

#1thetruth

November 27, 2018, 01:57:24 pm #54 Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 02:04:43 pm by #1thetruth
Quote from: Pintailkiller on November 27, 2018, 11:28:44 am
In the 7 games I've seen them play, I've never seen Davis Wofford on the O Line.

Just watched their film..... offense- #58 (Wofford) starts @ guard, he also plays some tackle. Defense he plays DE and LB. the kid never comes off the field. I don't have a clue of what you're watching.
LG
https://www.hudl.com/profile/4752385/Matthew-Howard/videos

Pintailkiller

November 27, 2018, 02:14:09 pm #55 Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 02:19:32 pm by Pintailkiller

RyanLR

Quote from: #1thetruth on November 27, 2018, 01:57:24 pm

Just watched their film..... offense- #58 (Wofford) starts @ guard, he also plays some tackle. Defense he plays DE and LB. the kid never comes off the field. I don't have a clue of what you're watching.
LG
https://www.hudl.com/profile/4752385/Matthew-Howard/videos
I fixed the original comment, but yeah Wofford does start at LG/DE.

AirWarren

Quote from: #1thetruth on November 27, 2018, 10:25:31 am

That was his position when he was at Cabot apparently.

RyanLR

Mekel Kentle has about 2000 all purpose yards. Running, receiving, punt return, kick return he's done it all this year. Pretty ridiculous highlights: http://www.hudl.com/video/3/7812255/5b7428ca4deb9e0c9456ead6 first one is the 95 yarder vs Arkadelphia.

#1thetruth

Quote from: AirWarren on November 27, 2018, 04:09:30 pm
That was his position when he was at Cabot apparently.

Didn't realize he played at Cabot..

gerber707

Quote from: #1thetruth on November 27, 2018, 06:05:30 pm
Didn't realize he played at Cabot..
There are a few that have moved in the past few years.

sportsguy80

I wonder how much of a factor will depth be in this game...

Longsnapper81

Speaking of depth. I have seen some hudl on a 10th grade QB at Robinson. Looks to be 6-4 and has a cannon. Anybody heard/seen any details there

soccerman

Quote from: Longsnapper81 on November 28, 2018, 07:04:54 am
Speaking of depth. I have seen some hudl on a 10th grade QB at Robinson. Looks to be 6-4 and has a cannon. Anybody heard/seen any details there
He is a very good player, good pocket presence, and can launch a ball. He may be highly recruited in the future.

RyanLR

Quote from: Longsnapper81 on November 28, 2018, 07:04:54 am
Buddy Gaston, he's really good. He can run a little bit as well. Really nice deep ball. He'll be starting next year for sure. Tackett and Gaston have actually split of a lot of snaps this season.

youhavenoidea

Robinson might be too much for Dumas here, I think it a perfect scenario for a Robinson vs Arkadelphia championship game...Robinson get to the title game and finish this year?

RyanLR

Obviously this is a great matchup. Dumas' only loss was to Warren. They have a QB that can run and throw and a big offensive line. Plenty of speed on both sides of the ball. A lot of great athletes on both these teams.

STUNNA

Quote from: RyanLR on November 28, 2018, 10:43:33 am
Obviously this is a great matchup. Dumas' only loss was to Warren. They have a QB that can run and throw and a big offensive line. Plenty of speed on both sides of the ball. A lot of great athletes on both these teams.
this game could very easily end up like the Warren game. They will need some breaks to win this one i believe. But they have athletes every where.

Longsnapper81

Quote from: soccerman on November 28, 2018, 08:58:08 am
He is a very good player, good pocket presence, and can launch a ball. He may be highly recruited in the future.

Any colleges on him yet??

#1thetruth

Quote from: RyanLR on November 28, 2018, 10:43:33 am

Let me be politically correct by saying....No disrespect to Dumas... ..
after watching  Dumas film...... I think they stole my 1st and 2nd grade peewee playbook...

BullDogFan72

Robinson gets the win in an exciting game.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: #1thetruth on November 28, 2018, 12:10:54 pm
after watching  Dumas film...... I think they stole my 1st and 2nd grade peewee playbook...
It's fine because you said no disrespect.

Longsnapper81

Watched hudl where they both played Hamburg. RHS surgically dismantled them as they have done all opponents this year with the exception of Bauxite in a monsoon. Dumas is awfully predictable. If they can't disguise or mix things up better than they do, it will be a long night for the cats.

RabAlumni

I'll tell you like an old coach once told me... We have 6-7 plays in the playbook with about 2 different ways to run them, we run them correctly and everyone does their jobs it doesn't matter if the other team knows what is coming because they still won't stop it!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: RabAlumni on November 28, 2018, 01:45:54 pm

I'll tell you like an old coach once told me... We have 6-7 plays in the playbook with about 2 different ways to run them, we run them correctly and everyone does their jobs it doesn't matter if the other team knows what is coming because they still won't stop it!
That still works unless your playing someone with better athletes.

RabAlumni

Quote from: Oldman on November 28, 2018, 02:01:04 pm
That still works unless your playing someone with better athletes.

I don't believe Dumas is playing someone with better athletes over-all. I think if you go position by position in the starting 11 on both sides of the ball then you will find Dumas matches up just fine!

SUGARTOWN

Well, you didn't need them any more since you finally moved up to 3rd grade this year.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: RabAlumni on November 28, 2018, 02:18:11 pm

I don't believe Dumas is playing someone with better athletes over-all. I think if you go position by position in the starting 11 on both sides of the ball then you will find Dumas matches up just fine!
You may be right but we don't see the same thing. I was wrong once.

RabAlumni

Quote from: Oldman on November 28, 2018, 02:32:22 pm
You may be right but we don't see the same thing. I was wrong once.

Happens to the best of us!

Klaw30

Robinson is by far the most skilled team in the conference. They lost to 7a Springdale in the early part of the year due to depth I believe that this year they can take it all.

#1thetruth

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 28, 2018, 02:21:10 pm
Well, you didn't need them any more since you finally moved up to 3rd grade this year.

Thanks Einstein....
Stuttgart is out..... who are you going to see Friday night??? What's Sugar picks for this week?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: #1thetruth on November 28, 2018, 02:45:06 pm
Thanks Einstein....
Stuttgart is out..... who are you going to see Friday night??? What's Sugar picks for this week?

Probably going to see Robinson play, my pick to win it all.

bigboygottaeat

doesnt matter who wins this game, shiloh will beat the winner

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: bigboygottaeat on November 28, 2018, 07:08:18 pm
doesnt matter who wins this game, shiloh will beat the winner
You should stay on the basketball board.

ea cat

Deanna C

SUGARTOWN

I wonder if they've given any though to moving this game to Saturday? They're forecasting 2+ inches of rain for LR with thunderstorms tomorrow evening. I know Joe T. has turf, but I'm talking about lightning delays. No one wants multiple delays in any game, much less a semi final...

footballclaim

Robinson has the athletes to beat just about anybody but they kinda have a history of shooting themselves in the foot in the playoffs. I think Dumas is good enough to beat an unmotivated Robinson but if Robinson comes out and plays like they should then they should win by 10+
And thanks to bigboygottaeat for being a troll. Can an admin ban please?

STUNNA

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 29, 2018, 09:27:54 am
I wonder if they've given any though to moving this game to Saturday? They're forecasting 2+ inches of rain for LR with thunderstorms tomorrow evening. I know Joe T. has turf, but I'm talking about lightning delays. No one wants multiple delays in any game, much less a semi final...
warren had multiple delays in the 2013 title game.

SUGARTOWN

November 29, 2018, 09:51:12 am #90 Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 10:08:23 am by SUGARTOWN
Quote from: STUNNA on November 29, 2018, 09:33:20 am

Yep. And it would have been much better to play without those delays I'm guessing. I "heard" that they were thinking of moving the PA-LRC final to Monday. Probably won't happen, but it wouldn't shock me.

CatPride

Quote from: STUNNA on November 29, 2018, 09:33:20 am
Absolutely the longest game I've been to.

ea cat

STUNNA

Quote from: CatPride on November 29, 2018, 10:05:25 am
Absolutely the longest game I've been to.

Warren has played in some of the craziest most epic title games... lol

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: ea cat on November 29, 2018, 10:11:49 am
If its just rain, we like it.
Dumas definitely has the advantage in the rain.

Crispyfried

I tell you to listen to some of the guys on this board Dumas should just thank the football gods to be in a position to share the same field as this mighty Robinson team. I guess we just have to see if if Robinson will win by 20 or 40 points. Poor Bobcats! How did you ever even make it to this game?

#1thetruth

Quote from: lzgull on November 29, 2018, 01:39:03 pm
I tell you to listen to some of the guys on this board Dumas should just thank the football gods to be in a position to share the same field as this mighty Robinson team. I guess we just have to see if if Robinson will win by 20 or 40 points. Poor Bobcats! How did you ever even make it to this game?

The same way Pottsville and Ozark did.....

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: lzgull on November 29, 2018, 01:39:03 pm
Soooooooooo what do you think the score will be?

#1thetruth

Quote from: Oldman on November 29, 2018, 01:52:46 pm
Soooooooooo what do you think the score will be?

Mercy Rule!!!!!! Dumas will score in the 3rd and 4th Q..... when their 2nd and 3rd string gets in.
Their first string has not been scored on in the playoff....
Here is my notes on Dumas: Film don't lie........
No kick off kicker
No Punter
No Field goal kicker
Too many TO.... avg. 4-5 per game.
Senators we are waiting................. Go Badgers!!!!!

Sports Guru

November 29, 2018, 03:29:44 pm #99 Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 03:31:15 pm by Crossett Eagle
Quote from: #1thetruth on November 29, 2018, 02:04:04 pm
Mercy Rule!!!!!! Dumas will score in the 3rd and 4th Q..... when their 2nd and 3rd string gets in.
Their first string has not been scored on in the playoff....
Here is my notes on Dumas: Film don't lie........
No kick off kicker
No Punter
No Field goal kicker
Too many TO.... avg. 4-5 per game.
Senators we are waiting................. Go Badgers!!!!!
Not so fast #1thetruth ya might not make it past Shiloh Christian, if I was you I wouldn't count the chickens before the eggs hatch!! Dumas isn't a pushover. This won't be a mercy rule tomorrow. No way Bobcats lose by 35+.

Shiloh Christian is a pretty good team ya best be worried about them and not about Dumas or Robinson.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas