• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HC Lonoke

Started by purpleswag, December 03, 2016, 01:00:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bbishop

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on January 20, 2017, 09:57:24 pm
This was from an earlier post in this thread.  Don't know how this compares to a 7A OC salary.

BOST DOUG Lonoke contract 2016-17 = $73,042.16

if the numbers in the earlier post are correct and based off the salary schedule of said 7A school...it would be a BIG pay raise to move to the HC job.

Pat Swilling

all schools have to post pay for school employees.  State Required Information

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: Pat Swilling on January 21, 2017, 08:28:40 am
I know nothing about LHS fb.  or situation.  I've never been to Lonoke.  How is this not an attractive job.  Gotta be one of better 4A jobs.  Right?

People, especially wives, that aren't accustomed to mosquitoes the size of mallards find it quite unattractive.   :)

bbishop

Quote from: Pat Swilling on January 21, 2017, 08:55:42 am
all schools have to post pay for school employees.  State Required Information

yes, but salary depends on level of education and years of experience.  That is why i said what i did about if it were correct.  The correct head coach could have more of one or both factors. 

GotInfo?

Iknewthemwhen

So where does this job look like its headed?

Razorbacks48

RZback

Has widener applied and interviewed?  There are some bigger jobs open right now.

Sonofasonofasailor

Saw this in a Lonoke County sports blog.

LONOKE — The Lonoke Jackrabbits are one step closer to having a new football coach.

Per an email from Lonoke Superintendent Suzanne Bailey, the ball will get rolling in the next week or two.

"We are putting a team in place and hope to meet within the next week or so to discuss the interview process," Bailey said in an email Friday afternoon.

Former Lonoke Jackrabbits football coach Doug Bost resigned Sept. 27, four games into the season. He had an overall record of 46-39 in seven-plus seasons, including 2009 when the Jackrabbits finished as the Class 4A state runners-up.
Defensive coordinator Taggart Moore was promoted to interim coach following Bost's resignation. Bost is currently the boys soccer coach for it's inaugural season this spring.

Moore, along with assistants Jack Keith and Tyler Tarrant, are directing the offseason program, which has more than 50 players participating.
Lonoke finished the 2016 season with a roster numbering in the 30s.

The Jackrabbits open the 2017 season at Carlisle in Week 1.

LC sports

Quote from: Razorbacks48 on January 26, 2017, 08:04:23 am
drake widener
It will not be Drake Widener. He is not considering this job. He would have at one time but he's got a sweet gig at Des Arc and does a great job there. He likes the thought of being a Clay Totty or Frank McClellan type there. There is nothing wrong with being at a 2A school. Not everyone is like Billy Dawson, who jumps at the chance to move up or get out when the talent is going down.

cuckoobird

Wouldn't he have to actually win something to even be considered with those names?! That's laughable at best

titan33

Quote from: LC sports on January 30, 2017, 09:48:34 pm
It will not be Drake Widener. He is not considering this job. He would have at one time but he's got a sweet gig at Des Arc and does a great job there. He likes the thought of being a Clay Totty or Frank McClellan type there. There is nothing wrong with being at a 2A school. Not everyone is like Billy Dawson, who jumps at the chance to move up or get out when the talent is going down.
LOL

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: cuckoobird on January 31, 2017, 08:04:49 am
Wouldn't he have to actually win something to even be considered with those names?! That's laughable at best
Bazinga

Razorbacks48

January 31, 2017, 10:13:35 am #163 Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 03:41:53 pm by Razorbacks48
that's what I'm saying...i have a good source in saying why drake HAS applied but.yes they won the 6-2A this year but then got drilled by hampton...what does he have to put on his resume? a conference championship?

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: cuckoobird on January 31, 2017, 08:04:49 am

Getting my popcorn ready for when Pick weighs in on this.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on January 31, 2017, 10:17:34 am
Getting my popcorn ready for when Pick weighs in on this.

For the last time, he hasnt, nor will he apply for this job. He doesn't want to go to Lonoke. One of these days those clowns that keep saying he has applied, applied and pulled his app etc. etc. Will figure out I know what I'm talking about on this. He is happy and content at des arc. Des arc is/has been a much more successful program than lonoke the last 10 years.

Razorbacks48 you are a idiot. One minute you are wanting/saying he's the next coach then you are talking
💩💩💩💩 about him, HE IS NOT INTERESTED IN THE LONOKE JOB, get over it and move along to something else.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: LC sports on January 30, 2017, 09:48:34 pm

Spot on.

Razorbacks48

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on January 31, 2017, 04:24:14 pm
For the last time, he hasnt, nor will he apply for this job. He doesn't want to go to Lonoke. One of these days those clowns that keep saying he has applied, applied and pulled his app etc. etc. Will figure out I know what I'm talking about on this. He is happy and content at des arc. Des arc is/has been a much more successful program than lonoke the last 10 years.

Razorbacks48 you are a idiot. One minute you are wanting/saying he's the next coach then you are talking
💩💩💩💩 about him, HE IS NOT INTERESTED IN THE LONOKE JOB, get over it and move along to something else.
I guess he didn't apply for the Wynne job either did he? Lol you think you know everything just because you're from DA. Who's your source? Widener himself? Well of course he's not going to tell you he's leaving...might want to ask other people about both jobs. Because I KNOW he applied for lonoke as well as Wynne and that is 100%...but that's alright, just kee bowing your chest out about how good DA is and how "content" he is....

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Razorbacks48 on January 31, 2017, 05:03:04 pm
I guess he didn't apply for the Wynne job either did he? Lol you think you know everything just because you're from DA. Who's your source? Widener himself? Well of course he's not going to tell you he's leaving...might want to ask other people about both jobs. Because I KNOW he applied for lonoke as well as Wynne and that is 100%...but that's alright, just kee bowing your chest out about how good DA is and how "content" he is....

Reveal your source

By the way, I started the Wynne rumor. Just because I knew crumb snatchers like you would run with it.

Razorbacks48

Lololol you are LITERALLY crazy if you don't think he applied at Wynne. Ask him how that interview went....

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Razorbacks48 on January 31, 2017, 05:36:00 pm
Lololol you are LITERALLY crazy if you don't think he applied at Wynne. Ask him how that interview went....

Why don't you tell us, you know EVERYTHING  else

Razorbacks48

not going to go into all detail for the sake of Wynne high school, but he didnt like how one of the parts of the football program would be ran (school policy) so he took his name out...and honestly man, i like how drake coaches, i have nothing against him personally. and even more honestly i myself would rather be at DA than lonoke, but i am going to say that he did apply and take his name out and i know is 100% true...but no hard feelings needed because he's not getting either job so the DA faithful can take a deep breath

Pick_DA_EAGLES

January 31, 2017, 06:01:34 pm #172 Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 06:03:23 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: Razorbacks48 on January 31, 2017, 05:45:28 pm
not going to go into all detail for the sake of Wynne high school, but he didnt like how one of the parts of the football program would be ran (school policy) so he took his name out...and honestly man, i like how drake coaches, i have nothing against him personally. and even more honestly i myself would rather be at DA than lonoke, but i am going to say that he did apply and take his name out and i know is 100% true...but no hard feelings needed because he's not getting either job so the DA faithful can take a deep breath

Yes he did apply for the Wynne job.
He never applied for lonoke though, like you said was 100% true. I wouldn't blame him for going to Wynne, they actually have a chance.

Iknewthemwhen

LOL, so funny.  I love how folks always know who did or did not apply.  How coaches never would leave a school, would never apply, have never applied.  Don't want to move up, and on and on and on.  Coaching is even more competitive than many other professions and to say that a coach doesn't care about moving up is for the most part, BS.  Not saying there may be a few here and there but I doubt its many. 

cuckoobird

He still shouldn't be mentioned in the same paragraph as McClellan, Toddy, and Dawson, unless it's how not to do things.

Iknewthemwhen

I think it was MLK who said, longevity has it's place.

Jacketman65

All I will say is that he must have a nice house there in Des Arc!  4-A versus 2-A $$$? ::)

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on January 31, 2017, 10:46:10 pm
LOL, so funny.  I love how folks always know who did or did not apply.  How coaches never would leave a school, would never apply, have never applied.  Don't want to move up, and on and on and on.  Coaching is even more competitive than many other professions and to say that a coach doesn't care about moving up is for the most part, BS.  Not saying there may be a few here and there but I doubt its many. 
Quote from: Jacketman65 on February 02, 2017, 02:32:50 am
All I will say is that he must have a nice house there in Des Arc!  4-A versus 2-A $$$? ::)

A funny thing.  Coaches never will leave and players are always good enough to have won the championship if the coach hadn't screwed up. 

Rabhog

Looking at our record we may need a basketball ball coach too

nuttinbuthogs

I know a football coach that could coach your basketball team. LOL!!

Rabhog

February 04, 2017, 08:08:11 am #180 Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 07:53:48 am by Rabhog
We need someone who can coach both football and basketball, can be one or two whichever

esgibson00

All I need is a call saying I got the job, and i'm on my way. 

Quote from: Rabhog on February 04, 2017, 08:08:11 am
We need someone who can coach both football and basketball, can be one or two whickever

mohawk

Are they still taking applications for this job? It seems like they're taking forever to make any decisions.

Big Country

Who are the finalist?  Someone has info

coachsearch

Are they hiring anyone this YEAR?

Pat Swilling

Lonoke still open?  did I miss something?

Big Country

Quote from: Pat Swilling on March 03, 2017, 12:32:30 pm
Lonoke still open?  did I miss something?

yes and at this rate it will be 2018 before they hire someone..... ;D

SUGARTOWN

I'm hearing they're going to a "coach by committee" approach next year in an effort to save money. The play selection will be based on votes by the fans in the first half and the students in the 2nd half. Just download the "Lonoke football" app you too can coach the Jackrabbits!

Interactive coaching...it's the wave of the future.

StrongDawg

A gentleman (current head coach) told me that he interviewed and a player was on the interview committee, and that teaching a class was discussed more than football.

titan33

Quote from: StrongDawg on March 03, 2017, 04:07:30 pm
A gentleman (current head coach) told me that he interviewed and a player was on the interview committee, and that teaching a class was discussed more than football.
Is that normal?? To have a player on the interview committee?

PrivateLesson

Look A Here

I've heard of that before, depends really on administration as to weather they listen to player's input.  It does seem strange though, other than just allowing the player to tell other kids about the candidates.

PrivateLesson

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: StrongDawg on March 03, 2017, 04:07:30 pm
Wow

LC sports

LC sports

SUGARTOWN

There must not have been much interest if they hired a guy on staff this late in the year.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on March 07, 2017, 06:34:44 am
There must not have been much interest if they hired a guy on staff this late in the year.

OR....They waited to long and valuable candidates withdrew their names???

Rabhog

When I went by the football field on Friday I noticed we had soccer nets under the under the gold posts, maybe Moore is going to try soccer next year

Rabhog

When I went by the football field on Friday I noticed we had soccer nets under the under the gold posts, maybe Moore is going to try soccer next year

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas