• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hamburg @ Pea Ridge Quaterfinals

Started by Sports Guru, November 18, 2016, 09:28:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Quaterfinals Matchup Vote

Hamburg Lions 9-3
16 (34.8%)
Pea Ridge Blackhawks 11-1
30 (65.2%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Voting closed: November 25, 2016, 09:05:25 pm

Sports Guru

MUFASA #2

PR is the real deal beating Nashville, our defense needs to show up should be a good game.

beach bum

HBG PRIDE

Quote from: MUFASA #2 on November 18, 2016, 09:31:01 pm
PR is the real deal beating Nashville, our defense needs to show up should be a good game.
Our defense showed out tonight....our offense was the side that was sloppy at times.

MUFASA #2

Gotta play the game at this point in playoffs anything can happen both teams playing good ball.

AirWarren

Congrats Hamburg!!!!

Big win. This will be a big test for the defense.

2horsesANDmydog!

These two teams seem to be mirroring images of each other, with the exception of their big back..we got to load the box on him. He is probably the best RB in 4-A

$aintMaximu$

Sorry Hamburg but the Black Hawks will win by at least 21...  On a positive note you must try the grilled hamburgers at Pea Ridge.... Best in the conference hands down!!! 

2horsesANDmydog!

I honestly felt we had a better chance against a poor defense Nashville. It's going to be tough to beat PR because they have the ability to shut down the run. I will be at this game with bells on...

Let's go lions

2horsesANDmydog!

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 18, 2016, 09:53:31 pm
Sorry Hamburg but the Black Hawks will win by at least 21...  On a positive note you must try the grilled hamburgers at Pea Ridge.... Best in the conference hands down!!!
Nashville have poor defense,  Hamburg is peaking at just the right time....this game will be less than a 2 scoring game separation

HBG PRIDE

Quote from: 2horsesANDmydog! on November 18, 2016, 09:59:25 pm
Nashville have poor defense,  Hamburg is peaking at just the right time....this game will be less than a 2 scoring game separation
Agree....Hamburg defense can be ROUGH...hope none of our injuries tonight are serious.

AirWarren

Quote from: HBG PRIDE on November 18, 2016, 11:07:18 pm
Agree....Hamburg defense can be ROUGH...hope none of our injuries tonight are serious.

It's thanksgiving week in the 4a. Everyone is a little banged up.

AirWarren

Hamburg fans. That conference title loss doesn't hurt so bad right now huh? Quarters bound! Proud of you guys.

HBG PRIDE

Quote from: AirWarren on November 18, 2016, 11:12:07 pm
Hamburg fans. That conference title loss doesn't hurt so bad right now huh? Quarters bound! Proud of you guys.
Your right...Hope we represent the 8 well next week and good luck to Yal as well.

Razorback Red

Congrats Blackhawks!  This Bentonville fan will be pulling for our neighbors from PR to run the table.

G-Town38

I, along with most of the state citizens who follow high school football, was totally shocked by the happenings in Nashville last night. Congratulations to our 4A-1 brethren from eastern Benton County. A quality win against the top ranked team in class 4A.
Hope that you, along with PG and Shiloh continue to carry the torch of the conference all the way to WMS.

2horsesANDmydog!

Don't underestimate Hamburg. Pea Ridge is a great team and they execute the Power-I offense well. Hamburg can go toe to toe with the hawks and stop the run (proven against the bobcats),  pea ridge will have to beat us through the air, and sorry to say but their out shotgun offense isn't going to beat us. With that being said.

Lions 33
BHawks 28

Ole Legend

Quote from: 2horsesANDmydog! on November 19, 2016, 12:43:30 pm
Don't underestimate Hamburg. Pea Ridge is a great team and they execute the Power-I offense well. Hamburg can go toe to toe with the hawks and stop the run (proven against the bobcats),  pea ridge will have to beat us through the air, and sorry to say but their out shotgun offense isn't going to beat us. With that being said.

Lions 33
BHawks 28

I promise you haven't seen a set of running backs that compare to what you will see Friday night. And pea ridge has two receivers that can play too. Not to mention the quarterback threw for 240 against nashville last night.

Hawks 42
Lions 21

HBG PRIDE

Quote from: Ole Legend on November 19, 2016, 01:03:04 pm
I promise you haven't seen a set of running backs that compare to what you will see Friday night. And pea ridge has two receivers that can play too. Not to mention the quarterback threw for 240 against nashville last night.

Hawks 42
Lions 21
Don't fool yourself...Lions have shut down some very good running backs this year.

AirItOut21

Hawks 42
Lions 21

Yes they have. Warren's RB combo plus the running ability of their QB is a handful. Don't let Nashville's porous defense make you feel that good.

AirWarren

November 19, 2016, 02:56:14 pm #20 Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 03:01:08 pm by AirWarren

Hawks 42
Lions 21

Loaded and foolish statement.

Warren has a three headed monster at running back.

Don't let that "defense" Nashville has had all year fool you. I mediocre team from Idabel, OK put 60 points on them and Ashdown...who Hamburg beat...put some big point on them too.

Big win for the PR program last night and I LOVED IT. But let's not start assuming that there isn't a team out there that doesn't have a set up backs that can move the ball.

Nashville ended up giving up 28 points per game. Most notably:

63 to Idabel.
40 to Arkadelphia
51 to Ashdown
53 to Pea Ridge.

That is a huge problem on the defensive side of the football. Just took a good team to finally expose them.

Sports Guru

Tough game I dont think Pea Ridge will blow Hamburg out, but I do think they win by 7 points at least.

Pea Ridge 28 Hamburg 21

AirWarren

Depends on which Hamburg shows up.

The weather and trip will be a huge factor.

dukes424

Hamburg is a team I know nothing about. Me and the boys still excited about our W last night. Hats off to the Hopkins kid from Nashy he was legit. So it's on to the next game Im sure Hamburg is good what kind of team are they and did they give Warren a run for their money?

prHOG13

Warren hammered Hamburg 61-24. That's the only competition they faced with a pulse in conference play. They lost to 2A England and 5A Camden Fairview in non-conference. Their defense isn't gonna be ready for PR though

AirWarren

Quote from: dukes424 on November 19, 2016, 05:03:48 pm
Hamburg is a team I know nothing about. Me and the boys still excited about our W last night. Hats off to the Hopkins kid from Nashy he was legit. So it's on to the next game Im sure Hamburg is good what kind of team are they and did they give Warren a run for their money?

The game was really never in question in the Hamburg/Warren game. Warren had a good game plan and executed it along with good defense.

The thing about Hamburg, they are big and fast. Their quarterback is an athlete and he can out run you and throw a pretty ball. Against Warren, they rotated 3 backs in the game. Warren just won the line of scrimmage.

Hamburg also has big, tall WRs that can move. One kid has the ability to jump over defensive backs especially if the DBs our undersized. Their qb likes to throw it up to him and let him make a play. I was impressed with that kid at WR.

The difference in Hamburg and Nashville is Hamburg actually has the ability to play defense. #5 or #6, can't remember is a good linebacker.

This is another great quarterfinal matchup.

AirWarren

November 19, 2016, 05:11:33 pm #26 Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 05:15:30 pm by AirWarren
Quote from: prHOG13 on November 19, 2016, 05:07:58 pm
Warren hammered Hamburg 61-24. That's the only competition they faced with a pulse in conference play. They lost to 2A England and 5A Camden Fairview in non-conference. Their defense isn't gonna be ready for PR though

Dumas was no slouch. And niether was Monticello on defense, despite their record.

They also beat ashdown. Who was up 28 points on Nashville in the first half.

I think Hamburg will be prepared to face a good team in Pea Ridge.

How many kids does PR dress out? I saw 72 on max preps. That's great numbers.

dukes424

I believe we are around 60 to 65 right now with about 7 or 8 not dressing out due to injuries.

AirWarren

Quote from: dukes424 on November 19, 2016, 05:18:31 pm
I believe we are around 60 to 65 right now with about 7 or 8 not dressing out due to injuries.

Good numbers.

Best of luck to both teams. Should be a good one. I'm sure I'll check in on the score but my attention will be occupied elsewhere ha

dukes424

Good luck to you guys as well I will be doing the same. For now I have to go get on that Nasville state ring thread and see the latest suggestions.  ;D

prHOG13

Quote from: AirWarren on November 19, 2016, 05:19:27 pm
Good numbers.

Best of luck to both teams. Should be a good one. I'm sure I'll check in on the score but my attention will be occupied elsewhere ha
It was in the 80's at the start of the season, but several quit. Definitely not short on numbers

2horsesANDmydog!

Pea Ridge can be beat if and when Hamburg figure out what 2 lineman are going to cover the Holly kid from PR. 90percent of their offensive success is do to him. Ive seen footage of the kid, and I bet he's got at least 4 D-1 offers.

HBG PRIDE

Comparing scores or early season games will get you in trouble. Hamburg will be prepared! Looking forward to a great game.

AirWarren

Quote from: 2horsesANDmydog! on November 19, 2016, 09:06:39 pm
Pea Ridge can be beat if and when Hamburg figure out what 2 lineman are going to cover the Holly kid from PR. 90percent of their offensive success is do to him. Ive seen footage of the kid, and I bet he's got at least 4 D-1 offers.

Holly and Winn.

prHOG13

Quote from: 2horsesANDmydog! on November 19, 2016, 09:06:39 pm
Pea Ridge has two RB's over 1000 yards on the season, and both have 15+ touchdowns, and a receiver approaching 1000 yards and 10 TD's.

Holley is a big part of the offense, but PR isn't even close to being a one trick pony. Watch some more film

Lumberjackfan1978

If Hamburg brings their A-game they can win.Go Lions  :'(

2horsesANDmydog!

They run the Power-I to a T....Hamburg will be ready!

Ole Legend

Quote from: 2horsesANDmydog! on November 19, 2016, 10:32:50 pm
They run the Power-I to a T....Hamburg will be ready!

They run more formations than any team I have seen all year. Keep acting like you know what you're talking about buddy.

Lizard 47

Pretty sure Hamburg hits the wall this week. Long road trip, PR on a roll after huge road win. If Hamburg makes the semis I will be surprised and impressed.

HBG PRIDE

Quote from: Lizard 47 on November 19, 2016, 11:01:20 pm
Pretty sure Hamburg hits the wall this week. Long road trip, PR on a roll after huge road win. If Hamburg makes the semis I will be surprised and impressed.
Might alt to worry bout them Saints.... Hamburg just getting started.

MUFASA #2

Quote from: HBG PRIDE on November 20, 2016, 06:57:08 am
I don't bewieve em!!!

Ole Legend

Quote from: HBG PRIDE on November 20, 2016, 06:57:08 am

I hope Hamburg enjoys that nice long ride up to the ridge.

2horsesANDmydog!

Quote from: Ole Legend on November 19, 2016, 10:54:00 pm
They run more formations than any team I have seen all year. Keep acting like you know what you're talking about buddy.
They only run other plays after the Defense commits to stopping the Power-I. If Hamburg lose friday, then I don't know what I'm talking about, but if/when they win...... you know the rest!
Hamburg 34
PR 28

(I'm not taking any thing from pea ridge they are great, would be a top seed in 4A-7, but this is 4A-8)

Ole Legend

November 20, 2016, 11:49:36 am #43 Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 11:54:35 am by Ole Legend
Quote from: 2horsesANDmydog! on November 20, 2016, 11:22:52 am
They only run other plays after the Defense commits to stopping the Power-I. If Hamburg lose friday, then I don't know what I'm talking about, but if/when they win...... you know the rest!
Hamburg 34
PR 28

(I'm not taking any thing from pea ridge they are great, would be a top seed in 4A-7, but this is 4A-8)

You're ignorant. I hope you make the trip up so I can see your face throughout the game.

2horsesANDmydog!

Quote from: Ole Legend on November 20, 2016, 11:49:36 am
You're ignorant. I hope you make the trip up so I can see your face throughout the game.
My face will be the one looking like this  ;D

2horsesANDmydog!

It's all about match ups. For example,  Arkadelphia which was a 4th seed, matched up better against PR because their DEs had great closing speed and could get around PR's offensive Tackles to put pressure on sainsbury when he sets out of the shotgun.
Hamburg is like Arky times 2.

Ole Legend

What about Pea Ridges defense? I'm gonna guess that you think Hamburg will run all over them.

2horsesANDmydog!

Quote from: Ole Legend on November 20, 2016, 01:49:19 pm
What about Pea Ridges defense? I'm gonna guess that you think Hamburg will run all over them.
Not at all! I personally have great respect for PR, PG and the rest of Northern AR football. A decade or so ago, no one gave much respect to any 4-A football team outside of Boonville. But lately those programs have done a 360. 2014 I believe was the year that PG was one play away from dumping Warren and going on to its first title shot.
PR is the real deal....they have proven that. That's why 1 or 2 mistakes in this game may be the deciding factor. I just like Hamburg because I have a personal tie to them and I think that over the past few weeks thier improvements will be enough to take them to WMS. This is the farthest this team have ever made it in the playoffs and these boys really think they can win.

STUNNA

Quote from: 2horsesANDmydog! on November 20, 2016, 03:06:02 pm
Not at all! I personally have great respect for PR, PG and the rest of Northern AR football. A decade or so ago, no one gave much respect to any 4-A football team outside of Boonville. But lately those programs have done a 360. 2014 I believe was the year that PG was one play away from dumping Warren and going on to its first title shot.
PR is the real deal....they have proven that. That's why 1 or 2 mistakes in this game may be the deciding factor. I just like Hamburg because I have a personal tie to them and I think that over the past few weeks thier improvements will be enough to take them to WMS. This is the farthest this team have ever made it in the playoffs and these boys really think they can win.

2014 Warren beat Dardanelle to go to state

HBG PRIDE

I have watched some footage of P.Ridge..They are sharp. Run several different looks and run down hill. I personally love that old school play. I also love a team that runs from huddle to the line and is quick and clean. Hamburg has their work cut out for them. Our defense has the ability to put a kink in that if they come Ready.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas