• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A-3 District Tourney at Cave City

Started by NEA Razorback olfan, April 23, 2017, 03:47:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NEA Razorback olfan

Just heard they moved up first round games to Tuesday from Wednesday due to weather forecast .
Coaches have a meeting Monday morning for seeding

dirtbagger

how do you think it will look ? 1-8 ?

TheSpecial

1 Westside (beat Gosnell, Harrisburg, Brookland, Highland, Trumann)
2 Gosnell (beat everyone in conf except Westside)
3 or 4 Harrisburg (Beat Pokey, Brookland, Trumann)
3,4, or 5 Brookland (Beat Pokey, Trumann) Quality wins over GCT, VV, Nett
3,4, or 5 Pokey (Beat CC, Highland)
6 Highland
7 Trumann
8 Cave City

NEA Razorback olfan

Trumann 0
Westside 5
F

Highland 2
Gosnell 0
F

CC 1
Harrisburg 1
Top 2

NEA Razorback olfan

April 25, 2017, 03:22:22 pm #4 Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 10:51:20 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Bot 3
CC 1
Harrisburg 6

CC 3
Harrisburg 7
F

NEA Razorback olfan

April 25, 2017, 08:05:09 pm #5 Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 11:18:06 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Pokey 4
Brookland 5
Final

T Jones with walkoff hit / scored J Algee from 3rd
B Glenn worked 4 2/3 inn 4 k's ,4 runs on 5 hits
T Jones worked 2 1/3 inn  2k's 1 hit., no runs
https://twitter.com/sportsfanNEA/status/857072871461572608

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland vs Westside 4:00
Highland vs Harrisburg 6:30

GosnellBall

The boys played hard for 8 innings and just couldn't hold at the very end.  Was a well fought game we just couldn't pull it out.

Gosnell Threw Roberts the full 8 innings and cave city also had the same pitcher.

OB11

So Gosnell's season is done?

I saw where they are looking for an assistant football/baseball coach. It was posted today on the AAA and SchoolSpring website.

GosnellBall

Quote from: OB11 on April 26, 2017, 01:22:46 pm
So Gosnell's season is done?

I saw where they are looking for an assistant football/baseball coach. It was posted today on the AAA and SchoolSpring website.

yes their seaon is over.  they just had a bad day at the wrong time.  when moving the games up a day it threw them off and they just werent ready a day early.

I am not sure about the football job but I know they do not have an assistant baseball coach, so maybe. 

NEA Razorback olfan

Firsts semi game
Brookland vs Westside has been delayed an hour.
Start time has been moved to 5:00 pm today
Followed by Highland vs Harrisburg around 7

NEA Razorback olfan

April 27, 2017, 01:25:18 pm #11 Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 01:28:17 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: GosnellBall on April 27, 2017, 01:16:35 pm
yes their seaon is over.  they just had a bad day at the wrong time.  when moving the games up a day it threw them off and they just werent ready a day early.

I am not sure about the football job but I know they do not have an assistant baseball coach, so maybe.

Gosnell had a good season, I was really surprised they lost to Highland. Roberts is a very good pitcher and a great young man.
He will play at the next level. Some of our players got to play with him on U trip team.

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

Hornetzone

NEA Razorback olfan

April 27, 2017, 10:03:55 pm #16 Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 10:08:27 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on April 27, 2017, 06:59:05 pm
Brookland 4
Westside 5
F

I believe I saw the most pathetic attempt of an umpire in this game.
For one team a called strike at elbow , the other called ball belt level on the corner. Same pitch called ball , then called strike the next pitch.
He shouldn't umpire t-Ball much less a district tourney.

Hornetzone

Let's Go Hornets! Shock the nation! Lol

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Hornetzone on April 28, 2017, 08:01:00 am
Let's Go Hornets! Shock the nation! Lol

I wouldn't be shocked , I believe Harrisburg has a good chance of beating Westside. We just left too many runners in scoring position.

T-Bone

April 28, 2017, 11:28:11 am #19 Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 05:48:09 pm by T-Bone
Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on April 28, 2017, 08:37:52 am
I wouldn't be shocked , I believe Harrisburg has a good chance of beating Westside. We just left too many runners in scoring position.

With Zach on the mound Harrisburg has a good chance by keeping WS bats slow.  But if not WS may pull it out.  (And for those that know me I like and support both sides.  I modified this for you S family.)  ;D

Hornetzone

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

Harrisburg 0
Westside 10
F

1 Westside
2 Harrisburg
3 Brookland
4 Highland

Sportsobserver

Were you at the game? You seemed to think Harrisburg would do well.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Sportsobserver on April 28, 2017, 07:34:44 pm
Were you at the game? You seemed to think Harrisburg would do well.

Why would you think they wouldn't ?
Do you believe westside unbeatable ?

Sportsobserver

No, I was just asking because you seemed pretty confident prior to the game that Harrisburg would win.

NEA Razorback olfan

April 28, 2017, 08:02:16 pm #26 Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 08:05:25 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: Sportsobserver on April 28, 2017, 07:54:18 pm
No, I was just asking because you seemed pretty confident prior to the game that Harrisburg would win.

I suggest you actually look at my post, I said they had a good chance, I never said they would.
Westside used their ace against Brookland and held them off by a nice running catch in left center by their left fielder with 2 outs and runners on 3rd, and 2nd. Brookland would have taken the lead in the top of the 6th ,if it got down. If you where there , there was a big sigh of relief by Westside fans because Brookland was putting some good swings on Tyler.

Sportsobserver

I wasn't asking for a long rant about a game played yesterday. I was asking you to follow up and where did your prediction go wrong in today's game? It seems as if when the team you pick to win does so, you elaborate, but when your predictions are wrong, it is chirp chirp...cricket cricket. 

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Sportsobserver on April 28, 2017, 08:11:53 pm
I wasn't asking for a long rant about a game played yesterday. I was asking you to follow up and where did your prediction go wrong in today's game? It seems as if when the team you pick to win does so, you elaborate, but when your predictions are wrong, it is chirp chirp...cricket cricket.

Ok here goes , Westside scored more than Harrisburg so they won. Plain and simple.
No I did not watch today's game.

NEA Razorback olfan

Most sports fans know that when a team has their Ace and the other team doesn't , then they should have a good chance , IE what T-Bone stated about Biggers on the bump.
Soo... It wasn't a rant I was simply pointing out that Westside used Tyler vs us and Harrisburg had they ace Biggers, sounds like Westside hit the ball hard, and got good pitching from their secondary pitchers.

T-Bone

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on April 28, 2017, 08:44:01 pm
Most sports fans know that when a team has their Ace and the other team doesn't , then they should have a good chance , IE what T-Bone stated about Biggers on the bump.
Soo... It wasn't a rant I was simply pointing out that Westside used Tyler vs us and Harrisburg had they ace Biggers, sounds like Westside hit the ball hard, and got good pitching from their secondary pitchers.

Hey I got called on it on the phone.  I like players on both sides.  I know Zach can pitch and would be needed to get past West Side.  Didn't sound as if it was enough or he may not have had his best day.  He can throw well most of the time.  It sounds like WS hit the ball.  My son has played with players from both teams in the past.  Plus one of the coaches coached my son a couple years a while back.  I was actually looking at watching that game until they said it was in Cave City.  Funny how you find out over time how many people are on this site. 

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: T-Bone on April 28, 2017, 09:13:06 pm
Hey I got called on it on the phone.  I like players on both sides.  I know Zach can pitch and would be needed to get past West Side.  Didn't sound as if it was enough or he may not have had his best day.  He can throw well most of the time.  It sounds like WS hit the ball.  My son has played with players from both teams in the past.  Plus one of the coaches coached my son a couple years a while back.  I was actually looking at watching that game until they said it was in Cave City.  Funny how you find out over time how many people are on this site.

Good kids on both sides

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas