• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CHUCK NORRIS vs JUNCTION CITY

Started by Clutch-88, November 25, 2008, 02:49:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tdn (Tim)

Quote from: 4.4-40 on December 02, 2008, 08:08:51 am
Sound is energy, a tree falling creates energy.  If a tree falls in the woods and noone is around to hear it, it DOES still make a sound. :)

No Wilson is correct.  Sound waves are created, but only the ear can convert sound waves to sound.  Sound waves and sound are not the same.  There are a lot of sound waves that the human can not hear. 

4.4-40

So are all the animals in these woods deaf?

tdn (Tim)

Quote from: 4.4-40 on December 02, 2008, 03:54:45 pm

No they usually have ears.  Which is why the ? says "and nothing is around to hear" rather than anyone.  And it is why I phrased my response as I did - there is no sound unless there are ears to hear.

Wilson

What if an audio recorder was out there and no human ears?     The sound waves are created.........and recorded..

Then in a office that had a guy in it with a huge pocket protector manning the playback......turns the volume down but leaves the sound bars up on the computer screen?........Its shows the spike in sound.......but yet we dont hear it..............then what.........oh.......dang.......I just sprained my brain.......I am out at the least a week and need to go in early in the morning for treatment. ;) ;D ;D

This is getting out of hand.........

Cant we say something along the lines of Chuck Norris doesnt make sound.........he concentrates for a second and sound just appears out of nowhere? ;D

tdn (Tim)

Quote from: Wilson on December 02, 2008, 09:28:07 pm
What if an audio recorder was out there and no human ears?     The sound waves are created.........and recorded..

Then in a office that had a guy in it with a huge pocket protector manning the playback......turns the volume down but leaves the sound bars up on the computer screen?........Its shows the spike in sound.......but yet we dont hear it..............then what.........oh.......dang.......I just sprained my brain.......I am out at the least a week and need to go in early in the morning for treatment. ;) ;D ;D

This is getting out of hand.........

Cant we say something along the lines of Chuck Norris doesnt make sound.........he concentrates for a second and sound just appears out of nowhere? ;D

It's not my fault I received an education before I moved to the Junction City school district ;)

Chuck doesn't make a popping sound (sort of like a sonic boom) when he materializes (assuming there are ears to hear)?

Wilson

Chuck doesnt break the speed of sound when he sprints........there is a whole new measurement.    Its called the speed of Chuck.   He breaks the Chuck barrier in other words.   And instead of a sonic boom you hear a very loud sound that is a perfect duplication of when one of his cowboy boots kicks a perp in the jaw! ;D ;D ;D

outlaw39

Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.

Chuck Norris is so fast, he can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head.

Chuck Norris does not get frostbite. Chuck Norris bites frost

4.4-40

Quote from: tdn (Tim) on December 02, 2008, 05:24:21 pm

No they usually have ears.  Which is why the ? says "and nothing is around to hear" rather than anyone.  And it is why I phrased my response as I did - there is no sound unless there are ears to hear.

God is omnipresent.  So this scenario could never work :D.

Wilson

tdn (Tim)

December 03, 2008, 07:17:35 pm #59 Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 03:17:27 pm by tdn (Tim)
Quote from: 4.4-40 on December 03, 2008, 07:33:09 am
Quote from: tdn (Tim) on December 02, 2008, 05:24:21 pm

God is omnipresent.  So this scenario could never work :D.
you presume God hears with ears?

4.4-40

No, but Jesus does and according to the trinity He, God, and the Holy Spirit are 3 in one, thus there are a set of ears somewhere in there :P.

outlaw39

jsk

Quote from: Horrendous on December 02, 2008, 01:04:06 pm
Quote from: bearbacker52 on December 02, 2008, 02:35:57 am
Quote from: Horrendous on December 01, 2008, 01:55:04 am
Ok... to all of those JC fanatics that seem to think that JC could compete with the 4-6a is simply crazy...

And another big one is if a tree falls in a forest where noone can hear it does it make a sound????
yep jc could compete with them without a doubt...kinda like arkansas not wanting to play arkansas state

I didn't necessarily say that they were from JC.... Just that they were JC fanatics.

Ok TDN, correct me if I'm wrong and I know you will. But  isn't fan an abbreviation of fanatic?

FD4

This was great, I get a science lesson for free, remember, sound waves move faster in some mediums than others.  As for the speed of Chuck, and the Chuck barrier, only Chuck Yeager could break that barrier in rocket powered plane.  As for JC and bigger schools, wellllllllll, Shiloh did it quite well back in the Josh Floyd days.  But JC is for a lot of us, that little school with the big punch.  They take their football to heart, something a lot of schools just don't have anymore.

dragonator

Quote from: Cuzimon220getsome! on December 04, 2008, 09:51:18 am
Until Junction gets into another conference f@#k them. Theyre battling teams that have no chance. Anyone can put up 60 pts on PC, Strong, Norphlet, Hampton, Smackover (catch my drift). Put em in another conference and see how they fair

Yeah, they have so much tougher teams in other conferences.  ::)

If you would like to volunteer to pay the travel expenses for the Dragons, I'm sure they would be glad to move into a real power conference.  ::)

bleudog

December 04, 2008, 10:28:28 am #65 Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 02:17:49 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Cuzimon220getsome! on December 04, 2008, 09:51:18 am
Until Junction gets into another conference f@#k them. Theyre battling teams that have no chance. Anyone can put up 60 pts on PC, Strong, Norphlet, Hampton, Smackover (catch my drift). Put em in another conference and see how they fair

Man, El Dorado has a good season every 7 years or so and some of the kids get all froggy. ::)

Based on a handful of posters of FF, I'm really getting concerned the El Dorado Promise is attracting a questionable group of people to good ol' EHS. 

IBM

Being a total moron has nothing to do with your GPA....as you are proving with each post you make! ::)

bleudog

Quote from: Cuzimon220getsome! on December 04, 2008, 02:12:15 pm
Oh am i pissing you guys off? hmmm...maybe it would convince yall to try to get teams worth playing on your schedule. Forget all the crap about the size of your school. Thats complete bull you guys need to play in at least 4A and you know it. oh i guess that makes me a moron because you guys have no comp and i dont think youre as good as you feel you are? haha junction psssshhhhh....yea rite i dont care how many championship games yall make it to, until you go through some worthy opponents then it doesnt matter. Beat Texarkana, beat Lake Hamilton heck beat Benton and then brag. Your wins dont mean crap. Man im done on this

Promises, promises. ::)

Wilson

Quote from: Cuzimon220getsome! on December 04, 2008, 01:51:27 pm
First of all, even on our worst day Junction couldnt f!@k with us. 2nd how much trouble would it be to travel from Junction to Camden? 3rd dont worry about what we have going on. Sounds to me like youre kinda jealous that yall didnt get it. and if you think im such a moron check my GPA homie. Put em in another conference and see how they do. heck put em in at least 5A if theyre that good.

Ok.....I got a feeling your kinda confused here.  Even with the high GPA.   First.......if you are talking conferences.......JC is in a conference that had 4 of the final 8 teams in AA......That would be half if your not up to speed.   Second......if you are talking "Class" like say 4A......or 5A.....or the watered down 6 and 7A......then say "Class".....not conference.     

Like I have said many times.......the numbers of "A's" by your name has nothing to do with how good your team really plays.    Its up to the players on the field.    If someone thinks just because a town is half the size of another one.....the bigger town has the better players.    They would be wrong more times than not.   Look at Van Buren........Largest school (numbers wise) in Arkansas......and Most teams in JC's conference would beat them.    If the team is not any good its not any good.....on any scale you plan to use to judge it.     In ALL the surrounding states lower teams play higher class teams and beat them off and on every year.    Arkansas is just stuck in the old habit of not playing down to often unless your in 3A or 4A.     I know for a fact that Eldo "WILL NOT" play JC.     There is not for them to gain by playing them.....so they don't......and before you get the gears turning on that high GPA of your sparky I know from the source that ELdo wont play JC..........THE SOURCE .......that would be the guy who makes out the schedule.....or at least he used to.    He told me though that Eldo's thoughts on playing JC or any county school in football would not change.       Now I am not saying that JC would be Eldo........I know they would give them a heck of a game if they didn't.    I also know that the 03 team from JC would have made Eldo cry uncle.   

Now everyone discuss amongst yourselves ;)

Wilson

Oh.....and Chuck Norris would kick your butt too! ;D

Dragon I

December 04, 2008, 02:58:17 pm #70 Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 03:00:59 pm by Dragon I
So, what your saying is, a team that only has 30 players, has to beat teams that dress out between 60 and 100, to prove they are a good team, rather than beating teams that are in thier classification.  Your idiocy is amazing.  According to you, El Dorado has proven nothing unless they beat Bastrop, West Monroe, Evangel, John Curtis, E Trinity, La Tech, LSU, Texas, USC, New Orleans Saints, Giants, and the Titans. 

You see, or maybe you don't, but that makes no sense. 

tdn (Tim)

December 04, 2008, 03:12:40 pm #71 Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 03:31:47 pm by tdn (Tim)
Quote from: tdn (Tim) on December 03, 2008, 07:17:35 pm
Quote from: 4.4-40 on December 04, 2008, 02:07:17 am
No, but Jesus does and according to the trinity He, God, and the Holy Spirit are 3 in one, thus there are a set of ears somewhere in there :P.
Once Jesus ascended, there were no "ears" left on Earth to hear so there goes your Theory on Jesus being the one of the Trinity to hear the sound waves using ears to convert it to sound.

tdn (Tim)

Quote from: jsk on December 04, 2008, 05:28:48 am
Quote from: Horrendous on December 02, 2008, 01:04:06 pm
Quote from: bearbacker52 on December 02, 2008, 02:35:57 am
Quote from: Horrendous on December 01, 2008, 01:55:04 am
Ok... to all of those JC fanatics that seem to think that JC could compete with the 4-6a is simply crazy...

And another big one is if a tree falls in a forest where noone can hear it does it make a sound????
yep jc could compete with them without a doubt...kinda like arkansas not wanting to play arkansas state

I didn't necessarily say that they were from JC.... Just that they were JC fanatics.

Ok TDN, correct me if I'm wrong and I know you will. But  isn't fan an abbreviation of fanatic?

Fan derives from fanatic but is not an abbreviation.  It is like my name Tim.  Tim is a shortened form of Timothy.  But yes the word "fan" derives from the word fanatic

tdn (Tim)

Quote from: Cuzimon220getsome! on December 04, 2008, 01:51:27 pm
First of all, even on our worst day Junction couldnt f!@k with us. 2nd how much trouble would it be to travel from Junction to Camden? 3rd dont worry about what we have going on. Sounds to me like youre kinda jealous that yall didnt get it. and if you think im such a moron check my GPA homie. Put em in another conference and see how they do. heck put em in at least 5A if theyre that good.

What does your G.P.A. have to do with it?  Based on your posts so far, your G.P.A. should be about 1.75  That is about where your grammar scores on the 4th grade level here.  If your G.P.A. is higher than that, perhaps you should consider moving to a tougher school.  They are grading way too lenient.

bleudog

December 04, 2008, 03:27:06 pm #74 Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 03:32:14 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Dragon I on December 04, 2008, 02:58:17 pm
So, what your saying is, a team that only has 30 players, has to beat teams that dress out between 60 and 100, to prove they are a good team, rather than beating teams that are in thier classification.  Your idiocy is amazing.  According to you, El Dorado has proven nothing unless they beat Bastrop, West Monroe, Evangel, John Curtis, E Trinity, La Tech, LSU, Texas, USC, New Orleans Saints, Giants, and the Titans. 

You see, or maybe you don't, but that makes no sense. 

Now D1, when those Wildcats play up they don't do so well, they'd rather pick on those little ol' 5A schools.

Sep 05  Camden Fairview (5A-SW) Won 31-27
Sep 12  North Little Rock (7A-Central) Lost 3-8
Sep 19  Magnolia (5A-SW) Won 42-7

Got to hand it to those 6A principals and superintendents though, they got rid of those big bad NEA and Little Rock schools:

Bentonville Tigers
Bryant Hornets
Cabot Panthers
Conway Wampus Cats
Fayetteville Purple Dogs
Fort Smith Northside Grizzlies
Fort Smith Southside Rebels
Little Rock Catholic Rockets
Little Rock Central Tigers
North Little Rock Charging Wildcats
Rogers Mountaineers
Rogers Heritage War Eagles
Russellville Cyclones
Springdale Bulldogs
Springdale Har-Ber Wildcats
Van Buren Pointers

so a "6A" school only has to be better than 15 schools to win a "state championship."

footballfan

Remember the episode of Saturday Night Live with William Shatner, when he played Capt. Kirk at a fan club show? He finally told some of the guys there to "get a life." I'm about to go there with you Chuck Norris guys!!!!!

Dragon_Slayer

Quote from: tdn (Tim) on December 04, 2008, 03:12:40 pm
Once Jesus ascended, there were no "ears" left on Earth to hear so there goes your Theory on Jesus being the one of the Trinity to hear the sound waves using ears to convert it to sound.

Gentlemen, the scriptures also say that " with the mouth confessions is made unto salvation" so God is listening.  :)

Wilson

Quote from: footballfan on December 04, 2008, 03:30:40 pm
Remember the episode of Saturday Night Live with William Shatner, when he played Capt. Kirk at a fan club show? He finally told some of the guys there to "get a life." I'm about to go there with you Chuck Norris guys!!!!!

FF be careful what you say.......he knows all........Like I said.....he is an entity!

I cant believe you have never received any of those emails that run through what all he can do....lol......like I have said....it is some of the funniest things I have ever read.   

tdn (Tim)

Quote from: Dragon_Slayer on December 04, 2008, 03:54:21 pm

Gentlemen, the scriptures also say that " with the mouth confessions is made unto salvation" so God is listening.  :)

Are you saying God needs ears to hear?

tdn (Tim)

Quote from: Wilson on December 04, 2008, 07:00:31 pm

FF be careful what you say.......he knows all........Like I said.....he is an entity!

I cant believe you have never received any of those emails that run through what all he can do....lol......like I have said....it is some of the funniest things I have ever read.   

I am afraid I missed out on both - the SNL episode and the email forwards.  Then again it is possible I got the forwarded emails and just trashed them unopened.  After 20 years on the internet, I sometimes get tired of forwards.  You wouldn't believe how often the same ones get recycled.

CHSBISON77

Quote from: tdn (Tim) on December 04, 2008, 08:28:14 pm
Quote from: Wilson on December 04, 2008, 07:00:31 pm

I am afraid I missed out on both - the SNL episode and the email forwards.  Then again it is possible I got the forwarded emails and just trashed them unopened.  After 20 years on the internet, I sometimes get tired of forwards.  You wouldn't believe how often the same ones get recycled.

http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com/

a site full of Chuck Norris-e goodness  ;D

AF&B

Once again I say: Whoever think JC can compete in 4,5 and 6A need to be slapped so hard they can't think anymore. Heck I don't think JC could stand a chance in 3A. Didn't Jessieville say the same? Look where they are at.

Dragon_Slayer

Quote from: tdn (Tim) on December 04, 2008, 08:15:56 pm
Quote from: Dragon_Slayer on December 04, 2008, 03:54:21 pm

Are you saying God needs ears to hear?

I am not saying that at all.

Dragon_Slayer

Quote from: AF&B on December 04, 2008, 11:24:09 pm
Once again I say: Whoever think JC can compete in 4,5 and 6A need to be slapped so hard they can't think anymore. Heck I don't think JC could stand a chance in 3A. Didn't Jessieville say the same? Look where they are at.

If you want to compare the program at JC with the Jesseville program, I think you've been slapped too hard.  ;D

tdn (Tim)

If you look back at 2003 I think you will see that JC competed very well against 3A competition at that time so your assumptions are false.  There is no question that JC would be hurt at depth at the higher levels but there is also no question that the 2003 team would have been competitive against any team in the state that year - any classification - on a one game basis.  Playing everygame against schools who are much larger?  No.  But one game - yes.

Haven't seen this year's team so I'll just say that IF they are as good as the '03 team, then yes they would beat many higher classifications schools.

4.4-40

Chuck Norris hears all.  There can never be a tree fall without him hearing.

Cuzimon220getsome!

Class 3A? Man thats not too much bigger than Class 2A and you know it. If Junction is as good as everyone is making them out to be then at least let them battle some Class 4A teams. Everytime they play you can pretty much call the score and its not even fair to match at team against them 99% of the time in Class 2A

bleudog

December 05, 2008, 09:16:04 am #87 Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 09:46:16 am by bleudog
Oh am i pissing you guys off? hmmm...maybe it would convince yall to try to get teams worth playing on your schedule. Forget all the crap about the size of your school. Thats complete bull you guys need to play in at least 4A and you know it. oh i guess that makes me a moron because you guys have no comp and i dont think youre as good as you feel you are? haha junction psssshhhhh....yea rite i dont care how many championship games yall make it to, until you go through some worthy opponents then it doesnt matter. Beat Texarkana, beat Lake Hamilton heck beat Benton and then brag. Your wins dont mean crap. Man im done on this

Quote from: bleudog on December 04, 2008, 02:15:34 pm

Quote from: Cuzimon220getsome! on December 05, 2008, 09:09:23 am
Class 3A? Man thats not too much bigger than Class 2A and you know it. If Junction is as good as everyone is making them out to be then at least let them battle some Class 4A teams. Everytime they play you can pretty much call the score and its not even fair to match at team against them 99% of the time in Class 2A

Didn't think he was really done. ::)

IBM

He just can't stop sharing all that wisdom...... the high GPA just tells him to keep enlighting us poor AA fans.... ::)

Cuzimon220getsome!

Dude....shut up. Beat some teams worth actually playing and then talk. Oh never mind yall are happy with Bullsh!t championships...my bad

bleudog

Quote from: Cuzimon220getsome! on December 05, 2008, 09:33:08 am
Dude....shut up. Beat some teams worth actually playing and then talk. Oh never mind yall are happy with Bullsh!t championships...my bad

Still not done ???

OleMissRebel8

I dont know why everybody thinks jc is god and can compete with 5a and 6a. They play teams like Gurdon and they are 3a and finish with a record of 2-8. Gurdon's two wins came against Parkers Chapel (1-9) and Drew Centrals JV team (2-8). Make sure next time to play someone with a record better than 2-8.  ::)  So dont say they can beat teams from 5a and 6a. Yall act like they are God or something.

bleudog

Quote from: IBM on December 05, 2008, 09:22:57 am
He just can't stop sharing all that wisdom...... the high GPA just tells him to keep enlighting us poor AA fans.... ::)

Being as ignorant as I am, I always thought the 6A was the manufactured classification.  AAA created a new classification with the largest 16 schools in the state just so the next largest 16 no longer have to compete with NEA and Little Rock schools.  That way those second largest 16 can win their "championship."

Dragon I

AAA got tired of hearing all of the now "6A" schools cry about not being able to compete with the NW Arkansas schools.  It's P enis envy.  So the AD's at the 6A schools cried until they got thier own classification.  Now, go win your watered down Title.

JC has to beg people to play them.  That is whe each year they have open dates.  2 and 3 and 4A schoold don't want to play them, and 5,6,and 7 A schools say, "We have nothing to prove by playing them."   

Wilson

You keep saying play teams in 4 through 7A........well I will tell you this one more time.    Now take time to read this real S-L-O-W. A 4A team might play JC but  teams in 5-7A will not play the best teams in AA.....they have nothing to gain and everything to lose.   Kinda like when Michigan was beaten by App State last year.   How do I know this?    I have friends who are coaches at the higher levels....and I just might be friends with an AD at a (YIKES) 6A school!    Oh no....those folks must be missinformed also huh?    Now you go and win your a State title in 6A where you can thump your chest and say.   "We are #1.....out of 16 schools"

I really do hope Eldo wins......altough I know it will be a tough one having already had the daylights beaten out of you by the team your playing in the finals.   Maybe they will overlook yall because of that win.  Who knows....but go and get that trophey........and when your on the way home you could stop by all the other 15 towns that play 6A football and rub it in their face too!    With only 15 other teams it shouldnt take to long!     Go get 'em Cats!    Better win it while you can....word is they are going to double up in the number of teams in your class next year......32 teams!!!!   

Cuzimon220getsome!

Well beg some worthy opponents then!!! Beg Warren, beg somebody other than the sorry butt teams yall have been playing. Lets see yall run with some big dogs. Man dragons....yall would have that flame put out in a minute.

bearclawfan

I said it , still believe it so get to slappin ! You can't prove me wrong can you ? ;D

bleudog

Quote from: Cuzimon220getsome! on December 05, 2008, 09:33:08 am

Still not done ???

Quote from: Cuzimon220getsome! on December 05, 2008, 01:43:32 pm
Well beg some worthy opponents then!!! Beg Warren, beg somebody other than the sorry butt teams yall have been playing. Lets see yall run with some big dogs. Man dragons....yall would have that flame put out in a minute.

This kid's worse than that Energizer bunny.  ::)

Wilson

The hits just keep on coming dont they bleudog? ;D

bleudog

Quote from: OleMissRebel8 on December 05, 2008, 09:52:51 am
I dont know why everybody thinks jc is god and can compete with 5a and 6a. They play teams like Gurdon and they are 3a and finish with a record of 2-8. Gurdon's two wins came against Parkers Chapel (1-9) and Drew Centrals JV team (2-8). Make sure next time to play someone with a record better than 2-8.  ::)  So dont say they can beat teams from 5a and 6a. Yall act like they are God or something.

According to the Calpreps folks, looks like it might have been an interesting six years.

[2008] El Dorado (AR) 28,      [2007] Junction City (AR) 21
[2007] Junction City (AR) 24, [2007] El Dorado (AR) 22
[2006] Junction City (AR) 24, [2006] El Dorado (AR) 17
[2005] Junction City (AR) 31, [2005] El Dorado (AR) 17
[2004] El Dorado (AR) 31,      [2004] Junction City (AR) 14
[2003] Junction City (AR) 28, [2003] El Dorado (AR) 21

Now don't get me wrong, I think a good big public school team beats a good small public school team on a fairly regular basis.  But all big public schools aren't good all years. ;D

Still think if Chuck Norris were on the roster 30 times, that would be tough team for anybody to beat. ;D (even playing those big bad 7A teams. :o)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas