• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 Outlook: The Frest Start......again.

Started by AirWarren, December 06, 2017, 01:49:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RZback

WPWells

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

If the defense from the A&M game and offense from the Bama game show up then I think we would have a great chance to win.

beach bum

Quote from: WPWells on October 11, 2018, 11:17:47 am
I'd go 50/50.

I think so too... Ole Miss can score in bunches on a bunch of lowly non conference opponents, but they become pretty ordinary when they get in the SEC offensively. Good, but nothing special when they get into conference play. I am not going to lie. I used to not really ever believe in your hometown Charleston brethen, Ty Story. But his attitude and professionalism has made me a believer in him. All I needed was to see him get some starts to finally see his demeanor on the field was starting QB worthy. I don't want to get on here and make this a Cole Kelley bash fest cause he is still just a young man, but Ty Storey just has the whole package between his ears cause he is so much more composed out there and that intelligence is just invaluable at the QB position. I think his improved play will take us to a narrow win this week on top of the defense being better than Ole Miss's.

sportsguy80

I'm in agreement about this game too. Should be the first somewhat colder game with a bit of rain in the forecast. Hopefully, we can pull it out on Saturday.

WPWells

AirWarren

bleudog

beach bum

Quote from: bleudog on October 11, 2018, 12:33:44 pm
https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=316&s=300937

I know we still are not a good football team, but just a 20% chance against Ole Miss plus a 29% chance against Vanderbilt seems a little off. I'd bump those to 40% for Ole Miss and 49% for Vandy of our chance to win.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Can't say the man ain't recruiting for his system... Bielema would just throw out offers to guys that were "good enough" for his system but ended up failing the majority of the time.

Romeo

Today is one of those have your cake and eat it too days. Henry is committed and Kelly Bryant is reportedly visiting Arkansas.

WPWells

Kelly Bryant has set an official visit to Arkansas.

WPWells

Romeo

Arkansas is number 12 on rivals. Never thought I would see Arkansas ranked this high.

beach bum

Quote from: WPWells on October 11, 2018, 01:20:33 pm
Kelly Bryant has set an official visit to Arkansas.

It would be incredible if some students were out there showing him some love if he is out and about.... Arkansas has a real chance at him.

sportsguy80

October 11, 2018, 01:41:48 pm #665 Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 01:57:28 pm by sportsguy80
Quote from: beach bum on October 11, 2018, 01:37:18 pm

It would be incredible if some students were out there showing him some love if he is out and about.... Arkansas has a real chance at him.
Exactly...word is that Morris recruiting and a high possibility of him playing is helping a lot. We may have a chance at a top 10 class after all!

bdubyab60

Another huge pick up. The Bryant visit is a good thing too. Will be interesting to see how it goes

AirWarren

WPWells

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Maybe since it's Tulsa we'll be able to open it up and show him what's to come

beach bum

Quote from: WPWells on October 11, 2018, 02:39:22 pm
October 20. Tulsa

Perfect time.... Hope people shower the guy with some praise and cheers as loud as they can.

AirWarren

12 4 Star recruits committed.

And the man has only been on the job since January.

AirWarren

bleudog

Quote from: AirWarren on October 11, 2018, 04:03:37 pm
https://www.kark.com/sports/pig-trail-nation/war-memorial-razorback-game-nearing-sellout/1517216413

Bring it Little Rock. We will be there

I heard there were a lot of empty seats in Fayetteville for the Alabama game.  What was the turnstile count?  Any chance there will be more people at WMS than were actually at Reynolds?

AirWarren

Quote from: bleudog on October 11, 2018, 04:15:19 pm
I heard there were a lot of empty seats in Fayetteville for the Alabama game.  What was the turnstile count?  Any chance there will be more people at WMS than were actually at Reynolds?

49k at last game.

RZback

Quote from: AirWarren on October 11, 2018, 04:16:47 pm
49k at last game.

That ain't good.  But that's about all WMS holds, 54,000.  I'm undecided about how our chances are, I'm not sure the showing against Bama is an appropriate measure.  Bama comes in #1 playing a terrible opponent, jumps out to a 21-0 lead.  I just don't think they gave us their best all game.  Ole Miss on the other hand needs a win, like we do, so I expect a more concentrated effort by them and hopefully by us. I'm not sure they can score 70  on us but I'm not sure they cant.

AirWarren

The stupid high rain chance that just popped up overnight sure is lovely. I swear.

nuttinbuthogs

Well at least both teams have to play in the same conditions. 

cuckoobird

I think he's referring to the way rain will effect the crowd

WPWells

I know it'll hurt the crowd, but Ole Miss's rushing attack is nonexistent. They rely more on deeper passing routes while we throw short and run more. This could definitely work in our favor.

nuttinbuthogs

Ole Miss stats show they are about 50/50 run pass, roughly 34/34 run/pass plays per game.  2085 yards passing, 1160 yards rushing.
346/197 passing/rushing per game, about 540 avg

Arkansas stats, almost 50/50 run pass, about 36/33 pass/run per game, 211 passing,  146 rushing per game. 358 yards per game

AirWarren

Let's go Central Arkansas!!! Let's show up for these boys!

RZback

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on October 12, 2018, 01:38:09 pm
Ole Miss stats show they are about 50/50 run pass, roughly 34/34 run/pass plays per game.  2085 yards passing, 1160 yards rushing.
346/197 passing/rushing per game, about 540 avg

Arkansas stats, almost 50/50 run pass, about 36/33 pass/run per game, 211 passing,  146 rushing per game. 358 yards per game
Quote from: WPWells on October 12, 2018, 10:57:24 am
I know it'll hurt the crowd, but Ole Miss's rushing attack is nonexistent. They rely more on deeper passing routes while we throw short and run more. This could definitely work in our favor.

The tale of the tape is in OM favor it seems. 

WPWells

Quote from: RZback on October 12, 2018, 04:59:42 pm
The tale of the tape is in OM favor it seems.

Tale of the tape is that they have twice as many pass yards as rush yards this season.

RZback

Quote from: WPWells on October 12, 2018, 10:55:26 pm
Tale of the tape is that they have twice as many pass yards as rush yards this season.

Seems they have more rushing yards than Arkansas and way more passing yards.  So I'd say the tape is in their favor either way.

bdubyab60

They have better offensive numbers for sure. However that offense hasn't put up those numbers against the better teams they have played. I'm hoping our output last week wasn't a fluke.

Don't know if we win but this is a game we can be in I believe.

Meanwhile tenner is completely outplaying Auburn

RZback

bdubyab60

Unless something weird happens Tenner has got this.

RZback

Gus better pick it up or Auburn is going to ask for its money back.

HorseFeathers

39 million dollar buy out this year...Gus has some time 😂😂

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 13, 2018, 03:40:29 pm
39 million dollar buy out this year...Gus has some time 😂😂

Auburn signed the wrong prenup for sure..... he got it all right though!

sportsguy80

Georgia better get it together or they're going down today too...

bdubyab60

RZback

Quote from: beach bum on October 13, 2018, 03:43:32 pm

Auburn signed the wrong prenup for sure..... he got it all right though!

Auburn was nuts to sign for that money, Gus wasn't going to leave.

sportsguy80

Game time hogs! Seems like we haven't played a night game in forever.

beach bum

The weather looks absolutely awful on the TV screen down there in central AR....

HorseFeathers

Maybe they can blame the weather for the Clock issues?

bdubyab60

So far the D has come to play. Long pass play they hit was OPI. Offense need to get in sync.

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 13, 2018, 07:00:46 pm
Maybe they can blame the weather for the Clock issues?

Lol.... the TV audio on SEC Network was messed up for a split second which tends to happen when at WMS. Last time it lasted a while if I remember right.

HorseFeathers

I'm watching on Sec Network on slingtv....I write off stuff like that to being slings fault

In other news it looks like there is still a whole bunch of people in line at the gates

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas