• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7A BOYS STATE CHAMPIONSHIP: CABOT 59 BENTONVILLE 49

Started by Brian G, March 11, 2016, 10:34:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

March 11, 2016, 10:34:36 pm Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 10:38:23 pm by Cabotfan
Congrats to Cabot.

This is their 1st!

Brian G

1st   2nd   3rd   4th   Total
Cabot Panthers            9   16   8   26   59
Bentonville Tigers   11   11   14   13   49

Cabot-b       Bhs-b
Field goals                 21-45   46.7%       19-47   40.4%
3-point FGs          7-20   35.0%       2-18   11.1%
Free throws       10-18   55.6%       9-13   69.2%
Reb (O-D)                 34 (10-24)       28 (7-21)
Turnovers                          19         16
Last FG                4th-01:12       4th-00:41
Large lead   11 (4th-01:12)       11 (1st-02:55

Cabot Panthers (19-9)
Player                                 FG   3FG   FT   Reb    A    F   Pts
02   Duncan, Bobby Joe   *   3-9   0-2   0-0   3   6   2   6
20   Southerland, Hunter   *   3-6   2-3   0-1   5   0   4   8
30   Brown, Jalen   *           0-2   0-2   2-2   0   1   0   2
32   Stanley, Matt   *          6-10   0-2   1-4   6   0   4   13
33   Rowe, Garrett   *           1-2   0-1   1-4   4   0   2   3
12   Barnes, Jarod              5-10   3-6   4-5   6   0   3   17
13   Weir, Christian               0-0   0-0   0-0   0   0   0   0
23   Gilbertson, Logan      3-5   2-4   2-2   4   0   1   10
50   Casteel, Chandler      0-1   0-0   0-0   3   0   2   0

Bentonville Tigers (21-8)
Player                       FG   3FG   FT   Reb    A    F   Pts
01   Estrada, Aaron      0-3   0-1   0-0   3   1   2   0
02   Costantini, Trey      0-0   0-0   0-0   1   0   2   0
03   Hemphill, Jordan   3-9   0-3   1-2   8   2   2   7
04   Mays-Hunt, Kamron   0-0   0-0   0-0   0   0   1   0
05   Monk, Malik      8-24   0-10   3-4   6   4   3   19
10   Walker, Brody      1-2   0-0   0-0   2   1   4   2
15   Robinson, Tyler      4-4   0-0   5-7   2   0   5   13
30   Hutchinson, Asa      3-5   2-4   0-0   3   0   2   8
32   Jarrett, Kurt      0-0   0-0   0-0   0   0   0   0
33   Akbar, Arman      0-0   0-0   0-0   0   0   1   0

CoachBobbyT

Brian G

There were some oddities in the stats.  They changed at halftime.  I noted it on Twitter.

sportsfan-3

Is there a stat for offensive fouls?  Most calls for charge, I've ever seen in a game.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

The AAA also had a Steve Harvey moment last night. They awarded the MVP to Southerland when they were supposed to give it to Stanley. But to me it should have been Barnes.

Brian G

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 12, 2016, 12:04:31 pm
The AAA also had a Steve Harvey moment last night. They awarded the MVP to Southerland when they were supposed to give it to Stanley. But to me it should have been Barnes.
Coaches pick their own player.

MVPs are for the tournament and oddly there is no MVP for the game itself.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: B.G. on March 12, 2016, 12:08:38 pm
Coaches pick their own player.

MVPs are for the tournament and oddly there is no MVP for the game itself.

That still doesn't change rhe fact they gave it to the wrong player on accident.

Brian G

Pick_DA_EAGLES

March 12, 2016, 12:49:34 pm #9 Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 01:09:18 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: B.G. on March 12, 2016, 12:45:56 pm
Didn't imply it did.  Just sharing.

I know. Southerland did win, my bad.  They announced Rowe on the floor.

mtindian42

They our playing this game on replay at Bentonville Tigers live stream right now.

mtindian42

Here is a interesting note: I'm watching the game right now. When monk drove to the basket and hit the shot. He got hit in his rib. You can clearly see he is in pain... That may be why he had and off night. He was hurt.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: mtindian42 on March 12, 2016, 09:14:48 pm
Here is a interesting note: I'm watching the game right now. When monk drove to the basket and hit the shot. He got hit in his rib. You can clearly see he is in pain... That may be why he had and off night. He was hurt.

He was off before that though.

mtindian42

It happen in the 2nd q right at the start. He favored that rib all night...

Pick_DA_EAGLES

March 13, 2016, 06:51:50 pm #14 Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 10:06:26 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: mtindian42 on March 12, 2016, 10:02:22 pm
It happen in the 2nd q right at the start. He favored that rib all night...

And he was off from the tip off. He had already missed 5 threes at that point.

Ozark Hog

Monk and Bentonville got beat by the better team that night, no excuse should be made Cabot played together as a team, the other one was a one man show that didn't turn out quite like all the experts were expecting!
After watching all the games this week I think at least two others teams would have beaten Bentonville.

redwolf99

COngrats to Cabot. I have watched Bentonville play a few games this year and cant say I was ever "that" impressed with them.

Gray lizard

Maybe the young man can win a title at Kentucky. He sure did not do it in Arkansas. 
I have to admit I did not enjoy watching.  I like to watch a team play.
Cabot played a great game.

mtindian42

No excuses... Just going by what I seen. I was just suggesting that his ribs may have been hurting...

Ozark Hog

All the more reason for him to pass the ball to a team mate who was having a better shooting night. If he was hurting would it not be harder on him to keep throwing up 25 footer instead of trying to get a little closer to the basket?

I kept wondering why Bentonville didn't pound the ball down to the big kid inside, he looked like he was big enough chew the skinny kid up and spit him out. Wasn't as tall as the Cabot player but he looked pretty stout, would be hard to push around.

Tarheel

This is what I saw.. he passed the ball as much as anyone else. His team never shot the ball once they had it. The Hutchinson kid shouldve shot more and the other guard #3 could've did more. They relied on Monk all year and he is human and couldn't do it by himself just as the girl from CAC couldnt. Both great players and would pay the price of admission to see them again. Players like that don't come around often. He had a off night shooting the ball and Cabot beat them

mtindian42

Waite till he gets to Kentucky with a complete team... Can you say scary? 🙈😮😳

pantherblue

If Monk shoots like he did in the championship game he won't see much playing time at Kentucky...

mtindian42

Lol... Him and fox or allready being called the best back court in college basketball next year...via of maxpreps. 24/7 sports...both fox and monk have been called unstoppable together...

Monk don't won't to be the guy... If he did he could go to Arkansas and take that roll and the pressure that comes with it...

Or he can go be Kidd gill crest type player at UK. That is right in his will house...no pressure.just ball...🏆 next year for UK no one will stop that machine...

businesstron

Quote from: Tarheel on March 14, 2016, 07:13:43 pm
This is what I saw.. he passed the ball as much as anyone else. His team never shot the ball once they had it. The Hutchinson kid shouldve shot more and the other guard #3 could've did more. They relied on Monk all year and he is human and couldn't do it by himself just as the girl from CAC couldnt. Both great players and would pay the price of admission to see them again. Players like that don't come around often. He had a off night shooting the ball and Cabot beat them

Your about right... I've seen Bentonville around 4 times in person and probably another 3 or 4 watching games online.  They lost 3 conferences games.   Two to Fayeteville and one to Fort Smith Southside.    In the Southside game Monk didn't play and Bentonville lost a close game.  When Monk played the second time around they blew Southside out.

I say that to say Bentonville is not a good team without Monk.   Here's why.  Outside of Monk they don't really have a person that can make consistent jump shots much less shoot from beyond the Arc.  Asa Hutchinson can shoot from the outside but he's streaky....and makes mistakes.  He's your average sohphmore...he just needs to development more.  Jordan Hemphill can't shoot. He can drive into the paint a get lay ups but he can't shoot.  Their big man  Tyler Robinson #15  has an ok mid range shot and he works good in the paint but that doesn't help him if he gets into foul trouble.  His weakness is he didn't hold his ground against taller teams like Van Buren and Cabot.    The point guard Estrada wasn't much of a shooter either.  He could drive inside a little and play okay defense but not much. 

Compare it to last year when Bentonville could put 3 shooters on the court with Monk at one time so all Monk would have drive in and dish it out to one of them who was usually open. 

Pretty much he didn't have alot of offense to work with so that's kind of why he took that pull up 3 ALOT more often this year than he did in the past.    I think he'll be okay at UK.  He won't have to carry the offense like he didat Bentonville and that's a good thing.

mijally

Quote from: Gray lizard on March 14, 2016, 11:58:13 am
Maybe the young man can win a title at Kentucky. He sure did not do it in Arkansas. 
I have to admit I did not enjoy watching.  I like to watch a team play.
Cabot played a great game.
Win a title at Ky?  Lol. That's hilarious. Unless Calipari has 7 first round draft picks and Anthony Davis he can't win squat.  Even then he still needed a SR, Darius Miller, who he didn't recruit and wouldn't have to bail him out. No coach has done less with more than Calipari. When Wooden had all the best players he won 10 titles in 12 years. It's not about the titles. It's the fringe benefits. The hookups. All the "ME" things that Calipari has shown throughout the years he will do for his player both within and outside NCAA guidelines.

Lions84

Glad Monk did not win a State Title.  Good Job Cabot.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas