• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shiloh Christian @ Harrison 4/15/14 & Harrison @ Shiloh 5/8/14

Started by Go Postal, April 14, 2014, 08:27:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Go Postal

This girl's game on Tuesday should be interesting.  The current 5A Conference State Champ and State Runner-up teams.  The standings so far are as follows in conference play:

Harrison    4-0
Morrilton 1 @ Harrison 7
Greenbrier 0 @ Harrison 6
Clarksville 0 @ Harrison 9
Harrison 6 @ Huntsville 1

Shiloh Christian 4-0
Shiloh 7 @ Clarksville 1
Shiloh 6 @ Morrilton 0
Huntsville 0 @ Shiloh 7
Shiloh 2 @ Greenbrier 1

Harrison 28 goals made and 2 goals given up.
Shiloh Christian 22 goals made and 2 goals given up.

Both girl's teams went to the 5A Championship game last year.  Though the Lady Goblins beat the Lady Saints, twice in conference play, the Lady Saints won the final game 1-0.  I believe this is the first game that they have played each other since then.  This is the halfway mark for the girls conference.  Should be a great game.

Comments and insights are welcomed.

MDXPHD

I heard that Shiloh is going to put 22 players in front of the goal and hope for a 0-0 tie or hope to get a goal on a breakaway and win by 1. 

Honestly, Harrison is the better team.  Harrison was the better team last season even though they didn't win the championship.  Sometimes that's how games go.  It should be a good match-up, but I wouldn't be surprised for Harrison to win by 3 or so. They will definitely want revenge for last season.

puma

Here are my thoughts... If the Lady Goblins come out and play as a team, as they have shown they can against Greenbrier, Ozark and LRC, then the cow bells will not stop ringing in the Lady Goblin stands.  So let's hope the cowbells are ringing!  If so I will leave coupons for free burgers for the Shiloh coaches at the gate.  ;D ;D

sevenof400

Does Shiloh still have those two forwards they had on last year's team?  Those two worked together quite well in the two games I saw them play. 

The Coach

I believe so but they graduated the Doughty girl and she was what made them go.

Go Postal

April 14, 2014, 09:01:31 pm #5 Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 09:09:20 pm by Go Postal
Rant on...
Last year's boys/girls championship game was something alright.  Harrison boys & girls in the finals together since 2004.  Chance for Harrison to break the tie for 1st place against PA for Overall Boys/Girls State Champions for all conferences with 9 championships.  6A Searcy boys/girls both won their championship conference to have 10 championship wins.  Harrison needed one boys or girls win to tie for first with Searcy or both to be IN first place.  The following is what happened...

Personally, I thought during the semi games that this could be an all West conference rivalry final games, maybe the first time ever.
Greenbrier boys beat Harrison twice in conference play.  Great conference rivals.  But Greenbrier boys lost in the semis with 10 men due to a red card to LRCA by one.  Boys final game went with what I expected wheather it was Greenbrier or LRCA vs Harrison with one team beating the other in a close game.  LRCA won the finals by one.  Also LRCA are great rivals over the years against Harrison in the playoffs.

Harrison girls beat Shiloh Christian twice in conference play.  Harrison beat LRCA ladies in the semis.  Also great rivals over the years in the playoffs.  Then the final game, Harrison ladies had better possession of the ball, but couldn't buy a shot.  Out shot Shiloh.  Probably hit every possible part of the goal post. Shiloh ladies won by one.  What an upset!

Though it is still very early to talk playoff possibilities, hopefully Harrison boys or girls go to the final game and and win.  Hopefully Searcy boys or girls don't make it to the 6A final games.

Next cycle, Huntsville boys/girls and Shiloh girls go back to 4A.  LRCA boys/girls and Vilonia boys/girls come to the West.  Wow, but that is another story.
...Rant off.  Back to this game.

1.  This game will be played in Shiloh on a very nice "football" field, not a regulation soccer pitch.
2.  The word on the street is that Shiloh had someone at the Harrison girls games to see how they were on strategy.
3.  I've seen Harrison play but not Shiloh, both teams are doing very well this season so far.
4.  No matter which team wins, it is still only halfway through conference play.  But either team can get the lead on standings.
5.  According to records since '02, Lady Goblins have the best soccer coach in the State.
6.  Rivalry game.  nuff said.

All that said, Good Luck to both teams, I really mean that but...
GO LADY GOBLINS!!!

Sir Alex

Game is at Harrison tomorrow, 5/8 game is at Shiloh.  Harrison is hosting state track on 5/8 so they switched home dates.

Go Postal

April 14, 2014, 09:23:37 pm #7 Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 09:26:54 pm by Go Postal
Quote from: Sir Alex on April 14, 2014, 09:11:58 pm
Game is at Harrison tomorrow, 5/8 game is at Shiloh.  Harrison is hosting state track on 5/8 so they switched home dates.
Thanks Sir Alex.
Well then, change #1 and make that on 5/8/14.  Nice seeing Harrison utilizing the regulation football/soccer/track Stadium.  So Lady Goblins have the home (regulation) pitch on the first game.  Nice.

(updated the Subject to Shiloh Christian @ Harrison 4/15/14.  sevenof400, you might need to updated the conference dates.)

The Coach

Quote from: Go Postal on April 14, 2014, 09:01:31 pm
5.  According to records since '02, Lady Goblins have the best soccer coach in the State.

This is debatable. (Sarcasm on)

The Coach

coach cleats

Was shiloh able to get there bus out from in front of goal?

Sir Alex

Go Postal

Quote from: The Coach on April 15, 2014, 07:46:19 pm
Lady Gobs 2

Lady Saints 0

Great Job Lady Goblins!

I couldn't get off work early on Tax Day.  Had to take care of all of those procrastinators.  Though I didn't get to wait on her, I saw a Lady Saints mom, around 4:30 before the game, in the post office and she was wearing a 2013 5A State Championship Shiloh Christian t-shirt.  I thought, "Lady, you sure do have some cajones wearing that to a Lady Goblins "revenge" game.  Good for you, I'm impressed.  Wish your team the best, but we will see..."   ;D

Since I wasn't at the game, can anyone give me a breakdown of what happened?  Looking at this final score and using last year's conference scores as an example, is the Lady Saints better this year?

The Coach

Quote from: Go Postal on April 15, 2014, 09:00:17 pm
Lady Gobs 2

Lady Saints 0

Great Job Lady Goblins!

I couldn't get off work early on Tax Day.  Had to take care of all of those procrastinators.  Though I didn't get to wait on her, I saw a Lady Saints mom, around 4:30 before the game, in the post office and she was wearing a 2013 5A State Championship Shiloh Christian t-shirt.  I thought, "Lady, you sure do have some cajones wearing that to a Lady Goblins "revenge" game.  Good for you, I'm impressed.  Wish your team the best, but we will see..."   ;D

Since I wasn't at the game, can anyone give me a breakdown of what happened?  Looking at this final score and using last year's conference scores as an example, is the Lady Saints better this year?

They played at least 6 in front of the goal at all times and made absolutely no attempt to try and score. Many times not even having anyone up top to play the ball to for a counter attack. I've personally never seen a team sub that much and yes I've seen Dequeen's boys play. Shiloh subbed every 3-5 minutes with the same girls over and over clearly trying to run time off the clock. I don't know how good they were last year but what I seen tonight was a team that played not to get beaten badly instead of going for it and trying to win. I'm sure 2-0 is a good result for them, because played straight up Harrison wins by 5 or 6 goals at least IMO.

Sir Alex

A keeper, Two sweepers, four defenders, two mids and two forwards in the first half, 10 defenders and the keeper in the second half.  2-0 at halftime, pk goal and a decent shot deflected by a defender, plenty of other chances that did not go in the rest of the game.  Shiloh had one good opportunity off a goblin error that resulted in a semi breakaway.  The tactics did not work this time.  Just don't get why you don't even try to play in the second half when your down and need goals.  Ball barely and I mean barely crossed the half line during the second half.  You can count on your hand the number of times it happened.  Hope this gives you enough details. 

Go Postal

April 15, 2014, 09:48:06 pm #15 Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 09:50:20 pm by Go Postal
Quote from: The Coach on April 15, 2014, 09:20:22 pm
Quote from: Go Postal on April 15, 2014, 09:00:17 pm
Lady Gobs 2

Lady Saints 0

They played at least 6 in front of the goal at all times and made absolutely no attempt to try and score. Many times not even having anyone up top to play the ball to for a counter attack. I've personally never seen a team sub that much and yes I've seen Dequeen's boys play. Shiloh subbed every 3-5 minutes with the same girls over and over clearly trying to run time off the clock. I don't know how good they were last year but what I seen tonight was a team that played not to get beaten badly instead of going for it and trying to win. I'm sure 2-0 is a good result for them, because played straight up Harrison wins by 5 or 6 goals at least IMO.
Quote from: Sir Alex on April 15, 2014, 09:23:38 pm
A keeper, Two sweepers, four defenders, two mids and two forwards in the first half, 10 defenders and the keeper in the second half.  2-0 at halftime, pk goal and a decent shot deflected by a defender, plenty of other chances that did not go in the rest of the game.  Shiloh had one good opportunity off a goblin error that resulted in a semi breakaway.  The tactics did not work this time.  Just don't get why you don't even try to play in the second half when your down and need goals.  Ball barely and I mean barely crossed the half line during the second half.  You can count on your hand the number of times it happened.  Hope this gives you enough details. 
Thanks guys.  Halfway in conference play.  Lady Goblins are starting to rule in the West once again.
But one of the best posts that I have seen in awhile...

Quote from: The Coach on April 15, 2014, 09:20:22 pm
I've personally never seen a team sub that much and yes I've seen Dequeen's boys play. Shiloh subbed every 3-5 minutes with the same girls over and over clearly trying to run time off the clock.
LOL! ;)

puma

Shout out and kudos to the following Morrilton Greenbrier Clarksville Huntsville they are teams that are not scared and will play you straight up. They dont have to park the charter bus in front of the goal. If you watch the game tape count how many time they sub have 7 or more in the box and how many times they have 4 or more in the six yard box.  But i guess they will take a two  zero loss as a win since they left there burger coupons. #toscaredtoplaythemLadyGobsstraightup#whoisShiloh

lroth

How about giving some credit to Shiloh and by the way they have one of the best coaches in that nation.  I believe he won the National Coach of the Year last year

and in the last 4 years he is 51-9.  I agree that Harrison has a good team and they are strong but you cant take away the hard work and play of the Saints.

People that want to talk about having 22 girls in front of the goal and parking the bus in front of goal need to just accept the fact that Shiloh out played and out

coached them last year in the championship game.   

coach cleats

Well...  51-9  lots of powerhouse teams in girls 4a. Maybe if he coached proper defensive techniques he wouldn't have to park 11 in box. Harrison has now seen rope a dope twice. Worked first time on lucky break. Second time no dice. Hope they have new tricks next game.
Harrison had at least 20 shots on frame. Shiloh cross mid field once.
Yep harrison got out coached....

MDXPHD

Quote from: lroth on April 16, 2014, 12:25:44 pm
How about giving some credit to Shiloh and by the way they have one of the best coaches in that nation.  I believe he won the National Coach of the Year last year

and in the last 4 years he is 51-9.  I agree that Harrison has a good team and they are strong but you cant take away the hard work and play of the Saints.

People that want to talk about having 22 girls in front of the goal and parking the bus in front of goal need to just accept the fact that Shiloh out played and out

I'll give a them credit, for not playing soccer and playing desperate.  They were simply playing to not lose, not playing to win.  There is a difference.  When you just seek moral victories against quality teams it does nothing for you.  Shiloh was overmatched and they always are against Harrison, that's why they have to have everyone on defense.  Otherwise it would be 6-0 or whatever Harrison wanted. 

I don't believe he won the national coach of the year, but I could be wrong.  He won NWA co-coach of the year and won the state coach of the year by nscaa. He also won the regional coach of the year for the southwest region for private schools, Chris Pratt won it for the d-2 public schools.

Harrison has outscored shiloh 15-3 in all games except the final over the past two seasons. 

The Coach

Not true in any way. The better team didn't win and I guarantee you the better coached team didn't win. Anyone who says other wise either wasn't there or they know nothing about soccer.

Go Postal

April 17, 2014, 01:13:41 am #21 Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 01:15:16 am by Go Postal
Wow!  I didn't know when I started this thread that it would get so much attention.

Halfway into the season, anything can happen, but...
1.  Harrison Lady Goblins are starting to rule the West once again.
2.  Lady Goblins should have won last year's final, to make us tied with 6A Searcy boys/girls on overall State Champions.
3.  Harrison's coach doesn't expect anything less than he can do.  I saw him in the girls/boys 2002-2013 alumni games.  The stamina of a teenager, but with the talent of this sport at 40 something years old.  Great coach, great record.  Good Luck if you play his teams.

dispossessed

Quote from: MDXPHD on April 16, 2014, 03:53:58 pm

I'll give a them credit, for not playing soccer and playing desperate.  They were simply playing to not lose, not playing to win.  There is a difference.  When you just seek moral victories against quality teams it does nothing for you.  Shiloh was overmatched and they always are against Harrison, that's why they have to have everyone on defense.  Otherwise it would be 6-0 or whatever Harrison wanted. 

I don't believe he won the national coach of the year, but I could be wrong.  He won NWA co-coach of the year and won the state coach of the year by nscaa. He also won the regional coach of the year for the southwest region for private schools, Chris Pratt won it for the d-2 public schools.

Harrison has outscored shiloh 15-3 in all games except the final over the past two seasons. 

Agreed and agreed, and not just in this rivalry. It's unfortunate that the only way some programs can compete is to play some silly pack it in, shell defense, hoping to get lucky or win in PKs at the end. That's some weird hybrid but it's not futbol. In these cases, the kids never develop and the programs certainly don't. Some have said that it's a smart way to coach and to give a less competitive team a shot at victory. Don't think so. Work hard to develop your team and program to compete and to play futbol as it should be played. Want to build a wall? Try construction.

arsoccer

Let me preface this by saying I don't really follow high school soccer and I have never seen either of these teams play but I don't get why people are bashing this school/coach/players because they made tactical adjustments in an effort to win a game. 

Having a deep defensive line and/or playing on the counter is a tactic that is utilized at virtually every level and has been used for years.   Just like any tactic, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but the suggestion that playing this way "isn't soccer" or that it's a cowardly way to play only means that you don't understand the game, you simply don't like playing this way,  or you don't like watching a team play this way.  I will admit that it's not the most pleasing soccer to the eye, but it's still soccer.  I can make a case that these teams that attempt to play Harrison straight up when they are completely outmatched aren't playing soccer because they make no adjustment to their given environment.  To me that's like running into a wall over and over hoping that the wall will fall over. Uhhhhh, ever think about going around that?

I can understand the concerns for the development of the players in this system, but going by their results it looks like they come out and try to play for the majority of their games and try to make adjustments when they need to.  To me this is what the coach is supposed to do.  If your contention is that a team who utilizes this tactic is doing nothing for player development, then that doesn't bode well for any team that has played Barcelona in the last 5 years I guess.

Seriously, I'm not even saying that I agree with the coach doing this but I think we need to get off this "the right way to play soccer" kick.  There is no right way to play soccer, only your opinion about the game and what you want out of it.  There are many paths from point A to point B.  If you don't like teams that play this way my suggestion is to make adjustments yourself and dominate them so thoroughly that they are forced to play soccer "the right way"

kahuge

Of course every team uses tactics to try to be as competitive as possible and give themselves a chance to win.  You would be a stupid coach not to.  I'm a Shiloh parent and I was at the game.  Harrison is a very good soccer team that has strong players that play very well together.  They are one of the best teams around and present a lot of challenges to beat.  I believe the Shiloh coach is just trying to give his team the best possible chance to win given the make up of his team like any coach would.  That's sports.  I don't see anything wrong with that.  Shiloh's starting two forwards got hurt during the game, which limited any offensive threat even further.  And I guess everyone can complain about the tactic, but it still almost worked.  Of the two goals, one was an own goal and the other was a penalty kick from a penalty in the box.  Harrison scored no straight up goals.    Harrison is a very good team so it will be tough for Shiloh to beat them.  But I continue to expect the Shiloh coach to position his team the best he can to try to get a win.  I'd expect nothing less from any coach.

Go Postal

April 17, 2014, 07:27:52 pm #25 Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 08:37:14 pm by Go Postal
I not going to go into a coach's strategy on how he or she should teach their teams to play.  To each their own.

It is nice to see someone from Shiloh posting on here once again.  I wish that more Greenbrier, Morrilton and Huntsville fans would do the same.

But I just got a text that the Lady Goblins won again tonight.  That makes them 6-0 in conference and 15-2 for the season. 8) ;D

dispossessed

If futbol was meant to be played by building a human fortress around each goal, while making no effort to counter or to organize an attack to attempt to score, why is there a goal placed on each end? Why go to all that trouble? I understand defensive soccer, but play such as this is something else entirely. Imagine if both teams adopted this style of play...11 players at each end with 80 yards of field in between. Brilliant!

coach cleats

I've coached a lot of soccer and am a student of the game. In all the games I've coached I have never seen two players on goal line with keeper during attack. Never seen two player on line with Tim Howard or victor valdes or joe hart during the attack. The counter attack is apart of soccer. Used it myself. But never when we were down by two. Guess I'm not to smart.
But the bigger issue to me was the constant subbing of players to kill time. Poor sportsmanship. That's why in real soccer you are limited to three per game.
Arsoccer maybe you could work with AAA and adopt a rule that would require five minutes before a player could re-enter game.
For what it's worth harrison girls saw ten in box tonite. They seem to be solving that puzzle.

FutbolPhan

April 17, 2014, 11:27:05 pm #28 Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 11:31:46 pm by FutbolPhan
From an outsider's perspective, you guys have beaten this horse to death. One team won, the other team lost.  This is high school soccer which is NOT real soccer anyway.  The lower the classification, the less technical ability due to the lack of competitive training and competition at the club level which lends to a more tactical approach to games.  I am sure that if you take the Harrison girls, or boys, and put them in a 7A conference, they would be an also ran in most years.  Not to take anything away from their accomplishments and state titles but the fact is that smaller communities do not have the resources of coaching and competition at the club level that is afforded to the larger metropolitan areas  The lack of technical training in the early years dictates the level of play in the later years.  Thus the style of play for many teams below 6A in Arkansas high school soccer that must rely on athletic ability and tactics rather than technical ability and experiences learned at the competitive club level.

coach cleats

Let's see rogers heritage 0 harrison 4   Roger 1 harrison 6. Siloam springs 1 harrison5. Cabot 0 harrison 2. Fayettville 2 harrison 1 ozark mo 4 harrison 8. Springdale 0 harrison 3. Twice. Bentonville 4 harrison 2. Harrison led deep into second half. 

You are a fool.

The Coach

Quote from: FutbolPhan on April 17, 2014, 11:27:05 pm
From an outsider's perspective, you guys have beaten this horse to death. One team won, the other team lost.  This is high school soccer which is NOT real soccer anyway.  The lower the classification, the less technical ability due to the lack of competitive training and competition at the club level which lends to a more tactical approach to games.  I am sure that if you take the Harrison girls, or boys, and put them in a 7A conference, they would be an also ran in most years.  Not to take anything away from their accomplishments and state titles but the fact is that smaller communities do not have the resources of coaching and competition at the club level that is afforded to the larger metropolitan areas  The lack of technical training in the early years dictates the level of play in the later years.  Thus the style of play for many teams below 6A in Arkansas high school soccer that must rely on athletic ability and tactics rather than technical ability and experiences learned at the competitive club level.

On the girls side Harrison would do fine. Boys your probably right at this time. There has been years that Harrison's boys could play at that level and do so pretty well.

Harrison has girls that play club ball at a high level and it shows along with the best HS Coach in the state in Chris Pratt. There isn't a better tactical coach then him.

FutbolPhan

Take the blinders off "coach", the statement was most years. Go home and away twice per week against 7A competition year in and year out, not so called tournaments for preseason practice. Also, there was no disrespect to your team. You seem to be more of a braggart or sore winner than a fan of the sport. I'm sure the Shiloh parents feel enlightened by your comments about their girls and coaches.

coach cleats

Harrison girls play all7a/6a teams schedule will allow every year. Usually eight games. Cabot game was last weekend. Not really preseason.

arsoccer

Quote from: coach cleats on April 17, 2014, 10:48:52 pm
I've coached a lot of soccer and am a student of the game. In all the games I've coached I have never seen two players on goal line with keeper during attack. Never seen two player on line with Tim Howard or victor valdes or joe hart during the attack. The counter attack is apart of soccer. Used it myself. But never when we were down by two. Guess I'm not to smart.
But the bigger issue to me was the constant subbing of players to kill time. Poor sportsmanship. That's why in real soccer you are limited to three per game.
Arsoccer maybe you could work with AAA and adopt a rule that would require five minutes before a player could re-enter game.
For what it's worth harrison girls saw ten in box tonite. They seem to be solving that puzzle.

I must say I've never seen that either and if it is true there was absolutely no effort to go forward and counter as several have mentioned I would just say I find that odd.  I also find it odd that at 2-0 there was no adjustment.  I can only speculate that the coach wanted to continue with the strategy in an effort to train for a future match with Harrison.  Again, complete speculation on my part.  I have, however, been a part of a game where an opposing coach decided to sub players in and out every two minutes.  Obviously it's annoying but in my opinion there is no rule change needed.  It goes against the spirit of the game and referee should handle it on a case by case basis. 

Sir Alex

MDXPHD

Quote from: FutbolPhan on April 17, 2014, 11:56:46 pm
Take the blinders off "coach", the statement was most years. Go home and away twice per week against 7A competition year in and year out, not so called tournaments for preseason practice. Also, there was no disrespect to your team. You seem to be more of a braggart or sore winner than a fan of the sport. I'm sure the Shiloh parents feel enlightened by your comments about their girls and coaches.

If Harrison played in the 7A weekly, they would only get better.  This goes for every year.  Not just this year. 

He isn't a sore winner. He enjoys watching soccer.  What he saw from Shiloh is desperation, not soccer.  Tactics are fine, but when you are losing by 2 you should at least try to score right? Or moral victories might help their coach, I don't know.

Go Postal

April 18, 2014, 08:22:37 am #36 Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 09:50:55 am by Go Postal
Quote from: FutbolPhan on April 17, 2014, 11:27:05 pm
From an outsider's perspective, The lower the classification, the less technical ability due to the lack of competitive training and competition at the club level which lends to a more tactical approach to games.  I am sure that if you take the Harrison girls, or boys, and put them in a 7A conference, they would be an also ran in most years.  Not to take anything away from their accomplishments and state titles but the fact is that smaller communities do not have the resources of coaching and competition at the club level that is afforded to the larger metropolitan areas  The lack of technical training in the early years dictates the level of play in the later years.  Thus the style of play for many teams below 6A in Arkansas high school soccer that must rely on athletic ability and tactics rather than technical ability and experiences learned at the competitive club level.
So let me get this straight, You're saying that due to the higher competition in the 7A/6A is why those teams don't have as many state titles in the last 84 finals games since 1998 and that the 5A/4A team's records with so called "lower competition" are flukes?
I don't think so, but I guess you are partially right, PA/CAC/LRCA are from a larger metropolitan area and Harrison is not.  But you are wrong about lack of technical training for smaller schools in a school season or club competition.
So I guess 6A Searcy is the Arkansas boys/girls teams to play against for "higher competition" for Harrison and not just play against Siloam Springs or other 6A/7A teams to raise our skill level.

Overall State Boys/Girls Championships for all Conferences
10 Searcy (6B / 4G)
9 Harrison (6B / 3G)
9 Pulaski Academy (3B / 6G)
6 Bentonville (1B / 5G)
6 Central Arkansas Christian (1B / 5G)
5 Fayetteville (1B / 4G)
5 Little Rock Christian (3B / 2G)
5 LR Catholic (5B)
4 De Queen (4B)
3 Rogers (3G)
3 Conway (2B / 1G)
2 Russellville (1B / 1G)
2 Springdale (2B)
2 Siloam Springs (2B)
2 LR Central (2G)
2 St. Joseph, Conway (2G)
2 Mountain Home (2G)
1 North Little Rock (1B)
1 Shiloh Christian (1G)
1 Valley View (1B)
1 Ft Smith Northside (1B)
1 Clarksville (1B)
1 Mount St Mary (1G)
1 Van Buren (1B)

kahuge

Shiloh was not desperate and didn't just sit back with no effort to score.  Harrison is a technically better soccer team and capable of scoring lots of goals.  Against Harrison, Shiloh is most likely only going to win a low scoring game.  What Shiloh appears to have more than Harrison is team speed.  So it appears to me they look for opportunities to "fast break" the other team and not get into a technical soccer game.  Shiloh did have some of those fast break type opportunities and in one case had a one on one with the keeper but the shot went high.  Again, with two forwards getting hurt the scoring opportunities diminished, but to say they weren't trying to score or didn't want to win would not match the game I watched.

The Coach

Quote from: kahuge on April 18, 2014, 09:40:36 am
Shiloh didn't just sit back with no effort to score.

Unfortunately that is exactly what they did. The subbing was what was a joke. A coaches game plan is what ever he wants obviously but the subbing to kill time was pretty ridiculous.

kahuge

Shiloh subs that way every game. Has nothing to do with Harrison or stalling.

Sir Alex

They only subbed two players in against Greenbrier and they weren't doing it every two minutes.  I think that you exaggerated a tad bit.  Did you mean that they sub like that most games? 

Anyway, it really doesn't matter.  It is still a free country and they can play however they would like.  5/8 will be a fun night.  The thing I know for sure is that the players will decide the outcome.

Go Postal

Sir Alex, I was talking to one of the former Harrison State Championship boys players (no, it was not my son) about this game, he recommended maybe more crosses toward the goal and maybe get a deflected goal when the other team crowds the box as this game or other games.  Hopefully the Lady Goblins, with their many shots to the goal, will do this.  But I know that the Harrison Coach will play the best strategy as always. ;)

puma

I can say this if you look at the state bracket W1 is where you want to be. Good luck in W2. Last year W2 had the easy road so yes the game in May will be great. If you do watch Shiloh the goal is to get one in and park the charter bus. Go eat your burgers cause it will be different this year cause as Go Postal would say theres a Lady GOBLIN sneaking up on you. BAM BAM What was that oh more cowbells :o

Go Postal

Substituting constantly can be a factor in a game.  But stamina/talent can make the difference.  Though I didn't see this game, I did see the De Queen/Harrison boys semi game last year.  Fantastic game.  Great team with talent, but though they had the numbers, subbed 7/6/5/repeat at a time, they couldn't wear down the stamina of the Goblin Nation.  The Lady Goblins are no different.  They only difference that I see is that on both games on subbing is that De Queen attacked the goal very much more, not sure what was accomplishment for Shiloh was in this conference game other than maybe tie breaker points.

5/8/14 could be (at this point) a very interesting game indeed on a not World regulation pitch (but great American football field). ;)

Go Postal

April 18, 2014, 11:00:20 pm #44 Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 11:03:54 pm by Go Postal
Quote from: puma on April 18, 2014, 10:28:15 pm
I can say this if you look at the state bracket W1 is where you want to be. Good luck in W2. Last year W2 had the easy road so yes the game in May will be great. If you do watch Shiloh the goal is to get one in and park the charter bus. Go eat your burgers cause it will be different this year cause as Go Postal would say theres a Lady GOBLIN sneaking up on you. BAM BAM What was that oh more cowbells :o
Yes, though there is a Goblin or Lady Goblin always sneaking up on you in ALL sports.  But, "The Goblins Will Get Ya If Ya Don't Watch Out" [quote from Little Orphant Annie poem by James Whitcomb Riley circa 1885]. ;D

puma

Hey Postal guess what Thursday is? That's right not only a rematch but conference champs on the line. Who will win the West and take the #1 spot for the state tournament which will be huge. 8)

Go Postal

Dang dud, you made me change the title.
Quote from: puma on May 05, 2014, 09:54:22 pm
Hey Postal guess what Thursday is? That's right not only a rematch but conference champs on the line. Who will win the West and take the #1 spot for the state tournament which will be huge. 8)
Big game, but Lady Goblins still need to get by the Lady Hvlle Eagles tomorrow night.  As I said on another thread, the Lady Goblins need to get on the board early, the Lady Saints with their 10 player "defense" needs to score at least 3 goals on the Lady Goblins for the win to make 1st seed IF Harrison losses to Huntsville and Shiloh,

Go Postal

Though playing on a less than soccer pitch, but a correct football field does have it's advantages for the Lady Saints. ;)  Sir Alex, do you want to jump in on this?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas