• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clarksville @ Harrison

Started by Go Postal, April 07, 2014, 02:41:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Go Postal

One thing I can say about Clarksville is they can sure put on a show on the basketball court.

The Cvlle Panthers boys soccer team has 1 State Championships and 2 State Runner-ups from the 4A, not sure of semis appearances.  Not too bad indeed.  Coming off their first conference win last game to this game.

The GOBS boys soccer team has 6 State Championships, 1 State Runner-up and 11 semis appearances in the 5A.  Nuff said.  Coming off their first conference loss last game to this game.

Haven't heard a lot about Cvlle this year, but Harrison and Clarksville can not afford a loss this early in the conference season.

Don't know who'll win, but good luck to both teams.

Girls game is a different story...

Comments and insights are welcomed.

Basketball13

Don't know of Harrison, but Clarksville isn't that great.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Basketball13 on April 07, 2014, 08:27:40 am
Don't know of Harrison, but Clarksville isn't that great.

Harrison will win boys by a few I'm guessing.  Girls by 6 because Pratt will call them off.

sevenof400

The one thing that has surprised my about Clarksville since their move to 5A is they were coming off an appearance in the 4A title game in 2012 (just before the recent move due to reclassification).  Clarksville must have really lost a good deal of quality players that year as they really haven't been the force in 5A they were in 4A (or so it seems).  I was expecting more of Clarksville in 2013 and 2014 but this season's story has yet to be written in full...

Go Postal

Quote from: sevenof400 on April 07, 2014, 03:12:02 pm
The one thing that has surprised my about Clarksville since their move to 5A is they were coming off an appearance in the 4A title game in 2012 (just before the recent move due to reclassification).  Clarksville must have really lost a good deal of quality players that year as they really haven't been the force in 5A they were in 4A (or so it seems).  I was expecting more of Clarksville in 2013 and 2014 but this season's story has yet to be written in full...
I was wondering why they were talking a little smack coming into the 5A before their 1st game with Harrison boys last year.  Now I know.  Good for them.  Be proud of your team, no matter what.

The Coach

They lost almost everything they had in 2012 and have yet to replace that quality.

sevenof400

Quote from: The Coach on April 07, 2014, 07:13:33 pm

They lost almost everything they had in 2012 and have yet to replace that quality.

Their roster numbers in the beginning of the 2013 season were still quite high (almost 40 if I recall correctly) - I'm surprised the quality has dropped that much but quantity does not always mean quality.

The Coach

Quote from: sevenof400 on April 07, 2014, 08:31:14 pm

Their roster numbers in the beginning of the 2013 season were still quite high (almost 40 if I recall correctly) - I'm surprised the quality has dropped that much but quantity does not always mean quality.

Quantity definitely isn't a problem. They lost some real quality players in 2012.

Go Postal

Wow!  I wonder if they will substitute 7, 6, 5 players at a time to try to wear the other team down as De Queen tried to do against Harrison in last year's semi game.  That's fine.  Do what you need to do to try to win the game.  The only difference that I see is that De Queen had and probably still has a lot of quality players.  Harrison Goblins need to start getting in the playoff mode early in this conference season.  The Lady Goblins already have.

The Coach

Quote from: Go Postal on April 07, 2014, 09:21:40 pm

Wow!  I wonder if they will substitute 7, 6, 5 players at a time to try to wear the other team down as De Queen tried to do against Harrison in last year's semi game.  That's fine.  Do what you need to do to try to win the game.  The only difference that I see is that De Queen had and probably still has a lot of quality players.  Harrison Goblins need to start getting in the playoff mode early in this conference season.  The Lady Goblins already have.

No they don't sub like that and never have.

Go Postal

April 08, 2014, 05:53:42 pm #10 Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 12:09:22 am by Go Postal
Done.

BigChief

VG Harrison 9 Clarksville 0
VB Harrison 3 Clarksville 0

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas