• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Post week 4 scores here - for games Mon March 31st through Sat April 5th! (All classes)

Started by sevenof400, March 22, 2014, 05:01:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

First of all, I hope everyone enjoys their spring break and comes back ready to play as the conference races will begin across the board in all conferences.  Please keep those scores coming!

MDXPHD

The Coach

Siloam Springs VB 3 Harrison VB 0

Harrison VG 5 Siloam VG 1

Insider

HalaMadrid

chaoslord

Quote from: HalaMadrid on March 25, 2014, 09:02:29 pm
Huntsville VB 0 Green Forest VB 4

I had never seen either of these teams before. GF's boys team were a lot better than I was expecting after the girls game before. Things got a little feisty at the end, handbags could have ended in a fight. Forwards were excelelnt. GF finished this game with a backup keeper, their starter got a head injury with ~20 minutes remaining in the second half. Reminded me of my concussion from playing keeper in my HS days back in 2008. Hope he's alright.

Also VG Huntsville 5 Green Forest 3

This game wasn't high on skill, but it reminded me of why I started doing his. Players would apologize when bumping into opponents or when they made a bad pass. Players were out there to play a game and have a good time (and win, of course). Really enjoyed it.

sevenof400

I caught the Huntsville girls at the state playoffs in Harrison last year and came away with a very similar point of view on that team, Chaoslord.  I hope they continue to improve this year.

HalaMadrid

Actually GF starting Keeper did not play last night. They had the backup goalie to start with and then he suffered the injury.  They finished the game with the their third keeper.
Quote from: chaoslord on March 25, 2014, 10:56:20 pm
Quote from: HalaMadrid on March 25, 2014, 09:02:29 pm
Huntsville VB 0 Green Forest VB 4

I had never seen either of these teams before. GF's boys team were a lot better than I was expecting after the girls game before. Things got a little feisty at the end, handbags could have ended in a fight. Forwards were excelelnt. GF finished this game with a backup keeper, their starter got a head injury with ~20 minutes remaining in the second half. Reminded me of my concussion from playing keeper in my HS days back in 2008. Hope he's alright.

Also VG Huntsville 5 Green Forest 3

This game wasn't high on skill, but it reminded me of why I started doing his. Players would apologize when bumping into opponents or when they made a bad pass. Players were out there to play a game and have a good time (and win, of course). Really enjoyed it.

Go Postal

Quote from: The Coach on March 24, 2014, 10:24:50 pm
Siloam Springs VB 3 Harrison VB 0

Harrison VG 5 Siloam VG 1
I wish I could have seen this game.  Old 5A West rivals in all sports.  Kind of a love/hate relationship.  Since both town's teams are now in different conferences, I loosely use as a rule of thumb on how these 4 teams, when they play each other, on how they might do in the season and hopefully see what needs to be improved.

Both boys/girls teams did make it to the soccer finals last year for their respective conferences.  Last year's final games ended as follows:
6A Boys Final
Searcy 4, Siloam Springs 2
6A Girls Final
Searcy 2, Siloam Springs 1
5A Boys Final
Little Rock Christian 2, Harrison 1
5A Girls Final
Shiloh Christian 1, Harrison 0

Not knowing what Searcy boys/girls, LRCA boys and Shiloh girls have been doing yet, I think that Siloam Springs boys have a good chance once again to make it to the finals in the 6A.  Harrison girls also in the 5A.

(side note to Harrison boys/girls:  Remember, in the overall boys/girls State Championships for all conferences, Searcy now leads with 10, Harrison is currently tied with PA with 9.  Do your best.)

Sir Alex

sevenof400

Quote from: Sir Alex on March 26, 2014, 10:47:51 pm
5a west girls

Shiloh 6 Morrilton 0
Shiloh 7 Clarksville 1

Just verifying something here Sir Alex - these were NOT conference games ... correct?

Sir Alex

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 27, 2014, 09:26:53 am
Quote from: Sir Alex on March 26, 2014, 10:47:51 pm
5a west girls

Shiloh 6 Morrilton 0
Shiloh 7 Clarksville 1

Just verifying something here Sir Alex - these were NOT conference games ...

correct?

I will try to get you the conference games that you do not have posted.  Everyone else starts conference play this next week.

sevenof400

I just found Shiloh's Sir Alex - the last time I checked their website, they had not updated it but it seems to be current now.  As always, thanks for your help!

DHS#1

4/1 Danville vs Clarksville
4/3 Danville vs Subiaco (non-conference)
4/4 Danville @ Decatur

HP14

Basketball13

The Coach

Varsity Boys:

Harrison 0
Green Forest 0

Harrison created several good chances just couldn't put one in the back of the net. Gobs literally missed having 3 or 4 goals by inches off both sides and hit the top post on another.

Lionheart88

Go Postal

Quote from: The Coach on March 31, 2014, 09:37:57 pm
Varsity Boys:

Harrison 0
Green Forest 0

Harrison created several good chances just couldn't put one in the back of the net. Gobs literally missed having 3 or 4 goals by inches off both sides and hit the top post on another.

Quote from: Lionheart88 on March 31, 2014, 09:45:45 pm
Wow.  Green Forest should do well in 4A then.

Nothing giving away from Green Forest, wish the best for them in the 4A, way I read these posts, Harrison defense did well.  Harrison offense needs to work on accuracy.

Time to quite playing around.  5A West for the Harrison boys start tomorrow against Morriton.

Did Harrison girls play tonight?  What was their score?

The Coach

Quote from: Go Postal on March 31, 2014, 10:15:41 pm
Quote from: The Coach on March 31, 2014, 09:37:57 pm
Varsity Boys:

Harrison 0
Green Forest 0

Nothing giving away from Green Forest, wish the best for them in the 4A, way I read these posts, Harrison defense did well.  Harrison offense needs to work on accuracy.

Time to quite playing around.  5A West for the Harrison boys start tomorrow against Morriton.

Did Harrison girls play tonight?  What was their score?

Girls did not play.

The Coach

Because of a tie? Like I said Harrison was inches from winning by 3 or 4 goals they just missed. If that happens a lot for GF then yes they should do fine.

HalaMadrid

Green Forest also had a lot of opportunities to score, had more than Harrison.  Wish both teams the best in each others conferences.
Aquote author=The Coach link=topic=135544.msg2960321#msg2960321 date=1396319877]
Varsity Boys:

Harrison 0
Green Forest 0

[/quote]

Lionheart88

Quote from: The Coach on March 31, 2014, 11:01:57 pm

Because of a tie? Like I said Harrison was inches from winning by 3 or 4 goals they just missed. If that happens a lot for GF then yes they should do fine.

They hung with the reigning 5A runners up.  Even granted a lot of lucky bounces, facing generally much weaker competition in 4A I think they're likely to do well, yes.

The Coach

Quote from: HalaMadrid on March 31, 2014, 11:02:31 pm
Green Forest also had a lot of opportunities to score, had more than Harrison.  Wish both teams the best in each others conferences.
Aquote author=The Coach link=topic=135544.msg2960321#msg2960321 date=1396319877]
Varsity Boys:

Harrison 0
Green Forest 0

GF had 1 that was even close to going in. That's when the keeper came out and the shot went wide. Other then that no real shots that you thought had any chance of going in. Harrison had 2 easy ones right in front of the goal in the first half. And 2 more really good chances in the 2nd half that they shot just wide.

Harrison had at least 10 corners to GF 3 or 4. GF didn't get a corner in the 1st half that I remember. Harrison easily had more quality chances. Shooting from 40 yards out and the GK catching it or it goes over the goal isn't a good chance. GF did that a lot. Never really got the ball deep in the final 3rd but a time or two with no real good shot to show for it.

I do wish them luck.

The Coach

Quote from: Lionheart88 on March 31, 2014, 11:04:05 pm
Quote from: The Coach on March 31, 2014, 11:01:57 pm

They hung with the reigning 5A runners up.  Even granted a lot of lucky bounces, facing generally much weaker competition in 4A I think they're likely to do well, yes.

They'll be ok for sure. Once harrison starts finishing they'll be fine. Until then they'll be in a lot of close games that prolly shouldn't be that close.

mijally

Basketball13

Lionheart88

5A South Conference play:

VG: WH 1-1 Lakeside (Lakeside 3-1 in kicks)
VB: WH 1-5 Lakeside

onewildrice

Go Postal

Any scores from the boys/girls 5A West games tonight?
Dang the Postal Service changing my hours to later hours, plus downsizing processing plants that I have to work overtime to get the mail worked.  Harder to get out of work and see games.  After almost 30 years with them.  Dang them.

The Coach

VG:

Harrison 7
Morrilton 1

7-0 at half.

VB:

Harrison 3
Morrilton 0

2-0 at half. Morrilton is a much improved team IMO.

coach cleats

6aSoccer

Hard fought match with Jonesboro v little rock central ends with Jonesboro guys over little rock central 3-2.

Jonesboro girls fall to central 6-0.

The Coach

Quote from: coach cleats on April 01, 2014, 09:26:40 pm
I think morrilton girls are much improved as well.

Agreed. Score doesn't indicate it but not many 5A girls teams have the scoring ability of the Lady Gobs.

I believe they held Shiloh scoreless for 60 minutes.

coach cleats

Really?? That is interesting. I think both the harrison boy and girls soccer IQ have gotten a lot better since the season began. On the boys side, they have calmed down and are stringing passes together. The girls are starting to share ball in front of goal BIG trouble for there opponents.

The Coach

Quote from: coach cleats on April 01, 2014, 09:49:10 pm
Really?? That is interesting. I think both the harrison boy and girls soccer IQ have gotten a lot better since the season began. On the boys side, they have calmed down and are stringing passes together. The girls are starting to share ball in front of goal BIG trouble for there opponents.

Boys are improving defensively every game. Offensively once they settle down and get consistent at finishing their quality chances they'll be a tuff out.

Girls are solid and getting better every game. Especially defensively.

chaoslord

VG Greenbrier 3 Huntsville 0  (Just realized I had this score wrong, whoops)
VB Greenbrier 4 Huntsville 3

VB game was 4-0 at half time, with 6 and 23 having two goals each. Thought we would be coasting home after that. Greenbrier took foot off pedal, though, and got hammered at the back. Huntsville worked hard to get back into the match but just didn't have enough in them to find a 4th goal.

RC10

04/01 @ FS Northside

VG FS Northside 3-0 Greenwood

VB FS Northside 5-0 Greenwood

sevenof400

From Tuesday, April 1st

Boys: Paragould 1(4), Vilonia 1(3)
Girls: Vilonia 3, Paragould 0

ninjafighter

Games on April 1st, 2014.

Valley View (B) defeated St.Jo (Conway) (B) -  6-1
Valley View (G) defeated St. Jo (G) - 5-1

Taxman

Quote from: sevenof400 on April 02, 2014, 08:30:11 am
From Tuesday, April 1st

Thought Vilonia was supposed to win easily.  What happened??

sevenof400

Quote from: Taxman on April 02, 2014, 06:22:05 pm
Quote from: sevenof400 on April 02, 2014, 08:30:11 am
From Tuesday, April 1st

Thought Vilonia was supposed to win easily.  What happened??

The penalty to be paid when going from the role of hunter to that of the hunted is sometimes steep.

Lionheart88

GenesisGuzman16

6A South Conference

El Dorado JVB 3 - 0 Texarkana JVB
El Dorado VG 9 - 0 Texarkana VG
El Dorado VB 3 - 0 Texarkana VB

coach cleats

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas