• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Post week 3 scores here - for games Mon March 17th through Sat March 23rd! (All classes)

Started by sevenof400, March 16, 2014, 02:39:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

A rainy start to the week appears on tap for this last week of play prior to spring break. Let's hope all games are able to be played so no more games will need to be rescheduled before conference play kicks in high gear.  Please keep those scores coming in this thread for all classes! 

Arbitro

onewildrice

mijally

dewercs2110

@ Maumelle
(VG) CAC 1 Maumelle 0
(VB) Maumelle 2 CAC 1

Anybody see these games? Evenly matched?

Lionheart88

White Hall went to Greenbrier tonight for a stiff test before conference begins tomorrow.  They got it:

VG Greenbrier 5-1 over WH
VB Greenbrier 6-0 over WH

The girls game was closer than the score, but for a lucky goal and one at garbage time with all the starters gone it could have been 3-1, 3-2 if WH had gotten something else to fall here or there. But then again I'm biased.

HP14

Quote from: dewercs2110 on March 17, 2014, 09:23:36 pm
@ Maumelle
(VG) CAC 1 Maumelle 0
(VB) Maumelle 2 CAC 1

Anybody see these games? Evenly matched?

The VB game was close to be sure.  Both teams had close misses a few times.  CAC's score came in the first half with a great shot inside the box that wasn't cleared in time. Maumelle's scores came in the second half on a PK and a beautiful corner setpiece.  Both teams looked good as both are going into their conference games soon.  It was the first real test for Maumelle this season and they performed great.  There are some things the Hornets will need to work out but it is still early...... 

Maumelle VB will play Cabot this Thursday 3/20 at 5pm @Cabot.

The VG game was another good game.  Both teams seemed to be evenly matched and both had many shots on goal.  The keepers for both teams did a great job stopping balls.  Maumelle's keeper had some great stops to be sure.

VHSCoach2

I read that Mountain Home VG beat Marion VG by a score of 10-0 last night, while out-shooting them 32-5, with seven different girls scoring at least one goal.

MDXPHD

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on March 18, 2014, 11:49:58 am
I read that Mountain Home VG beat Marion VG by a score of 10-0 last night, while out-shooting them 32-5, with seven different girls scoring at least one goal.

http://www.baxterbulletin.com/section/sports

Basketball13

Bulldogs2014

Lionheart88

5A South Conference play:
VG WH 1-1 DeQueen (White Hall wins in kicks 4-2)
VB WH 1-7 DeQueen

hst

Non conference play 3/18

Lady Trojans fall to Episcopal 3-1.

Trojans defeat Episcopal 3-2.

coach cleats

Harrison girls 3 Springdale girls 0. Lots of wind in first half. Calmed down a bit in second. I think springdale has improved since last year. Harrison is still not hitting on all cylinders. Lots of room for improvement. When harrison links three or more passes they look really good , however, when they panic they do turn it over.

Just my observations.

onewildrice

VHSCoach2

Vilonia @ Morrilton, 3/18:

Vilonia VG 2, Morrilton VG 2 (Morrilton led 2-0 until late in the first half, and Vilonia had many shots get carried wide by the wind in the second half).

Vilonia VB 3, Morrilton VB 2 (Vilonia scored the game-winning goal off of a penalty kick with 1:21 to go).

puma

Quote from: coach cleats on March 18, 2014, 09:25:35 pm
Harrison girls 3 Springdale girls 0. Lots of wind in first half. Calmed down a bit in second. I think springdale has improved since last year. Harrison is still not hitting on all cylinders. Lots of room for improvement. When harrison links three or more passes they look really good , however, when they panic they do turn it over.

Just my observations.
Agree and very beatable

Arbitro

3/18 @ Hot Springs Lakeside
VG Lakeside 5, Malvern 1
VB Lakeside 6, Malvern 0

RC10

The Coach

The Coach

Sir Alex

Quote from: puma on March 18, 2014, 09:55:01 pm
Quote from: coach cleats on March 18, 2014, 09:25:35 pm

Just my observations.
Agree and very beatable

Who is very beatable?

AirWarren

Basketball13

Quote from: The Coach on March 18, 2014, 11:03:56 pm
Quote from: Basketball13 on March 18, 2014, 06:42:57 pm
Subiaco 4A beat Rogers Heritage 7A 4-2. Was 4-1 at half.

I'm betting that was Heritages JV squad.

Correct indeed. Thought i put that. Sorry for the confusion.

AirWarren

Nevermind,  got the Tuesday night Warren scores.

Warren Soccer Jacks 7
Estem 1

Warren Lady Soccer Jacks 3
Estem 2

Lionheart88

Quote from: Arbitro on March 18, 2014, 10:28:14 pm
VG Lakeside 5, Malvern 1
VB Lakeside 6, Malvern 0
Is Lakeside really down this year?  I saw Malvern play Sylvan Hills in Benton, and they (Malvern) didn't look impressive at all.  SHHS beat them 4-1.

Arbitro

Quote from: Lionheart88 on March 19, 2014, 01:02:33 am
VG Lakeside 5, Malvern 1
VB Lakeside 6, Malvern 0
Is Lakeside really down this year?  I saw Malvern play Sylvan Hills in Benton, and they (Malvern) didn't look impressive at all.  SHHS beat them 4-1.
Both Lakeside teams appear to be somewhat weaker than in previous years, but in yesterday's games both the girls' and boys' coaches started subbing when the score was 3-0, so these game scores could have been higher.

Raiders5

Nettleton Boys 2- Valley View Boys 4
Nettleton Girls 0- Valley View Girls 6

Romeo

Quote from: AirWarren on March 19, 2014, 12:40:20 am

Warren Soccer Jacks 7
Estem 1

Estem 2

Boys team have potential to be a perennial powerhouse.

sevenof400

Quote from: Romeo on March 19, 2014, 08:20:03 am

Warren Soccer Jacks 7
Estem 1

Estem 2

Romeo (and AW),

Where are your players coming from?  Has Warren (and / or the immediate area) begun to develop a club presence?

Whatever the source, congrats to Warren for their continued improvement since the beginning of their program not all that long ago...

Romeo

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 19, 2014, 08:45:06 am

Warren Soccer Jacks 7
Estem 1

Estem 2

Romeo (and AW),

Where are your players coming from?  Has Warren (and / or the immediate area) begun to develop a club presence?

Whatever the source, congrats to Warren for their continued improvement since the beginning of their program not all that long ago...

I know there's a Warren Soccer Club. I believe most of the players on that club play for Warren.

Lionheart88

I believe there's a Hispanic league that plays down that way, but I don't think they have an ASSA presence as of yet.  Could be wrong.

Romeo

AirWarren

Warren Soccer Jacks 7
Estem 1

Estem 2

I don't know if I have ever seen anything like it. These kids can freaking play soccer. Makes me wish we had soccer when I was in school. As far as where they are coming from, Warren has a pretty large Hispanic population and it's good seeing them taking some pride in Warren athletics. Warren loves it's sports and the town has really began to rally with them. I was at the state tournament watching them last year and we had a solid crowd.  I know a couple of the kids play for the football team. One of the strikers kicked a 40+ yard FG this year against Arkadelphia. Something unheard of here.

There is a Hispanic league this way. Not sure of the specifics but my dad has some buds that play in it. It's a big deal in the culture and the Hispanic kids feed off of it.

We take our athletics serious here in Warren. Just another game to cheer for and hopefully bring home a title soon to seark!

AirWarren

Thanks for the kind words, Lion. Over the last 4 years I have really become a soccer fan. I'm pumped about the World Cup and the premier league finish oversees. Huge Chelsea fan right here. Making a move in the European championships as well.

Go team USA!
Go Big Blue aka The Pride of London Chelsea FC!

Lionheart88

Quote from: Romeo on March 19, 2014, 09:10:46 am
According to this, there's a Warren Soccer Club for district 4. http://www.arkansassoccer.org/?q=stateclubs#D4
Huh.  Well there you go.  Odd that (again AFAIK) White Hall has never played any of their teams in the recreational league.  You'd think that would make more sense than going to Cabot or Russellville (actual teams I coached against the last time I coached a kids team for the WHSA).

Quote from: AirWarren on March 19, 2014, 09:13:49 am

Warren Soccer Jacks 7
Estem 1

Estem 2

I don't know if I have ever seen anything like it. These kids can freaking play soccer. Makes me wish we had soccer when I was in school. As far as where they are coming from, Warren has a pretty large Hispanic population and it's good seeing them taking some pride in Warren athletics. Warren loves it's sports and the town has really began to rally with them. I was at the state tournament watching them last year and we had a solid crowd.  I know a couple of the kids play for the football team. One of the strikers kicked a 40+ yard FG this year against Arkadelphia. Something unheard of here.

There is a Hispanic league this way. Not sure of the specifics but my dad has some buds that play in it. It's a big deal in the culture and the Hispanic kids feed off of it.

We take our athletics serious here in Warren. Just another game to cheer for and hopefully bring home a title soon to seark!
Good luck to y'all.  I hate that WH wasn't able to find a way to schedule y'all this year, the past couple years White Hall-Warren has been a pretty good matchup in both genders. 

soccer72450

Jonesboro 8   West Memphis 0.   Mercy rule in 2nd half.     West Memphis is the most dissrespectful team I have ever  witness over the past 10 years.  Trash talking is part of the game but when a team trash talks each other and the coach,  screams foul language on the field ( and tells the coach to f off).   Jonesboro is 4 - 0 but has not played anyone.    They have talent.  When they played us in Paragould The curly headed center mid controls the game.   Has great foot work & speed, throw ins and free kicks are tight.   There are three more players that a great.   Two play defender and one is the attacking forward.     They score a lot on throw in and corner with headers.    They will get a dose of real soccer when they play central and searcy.   

razorback

Quote from: Lionheart88 on March 19, 2014, 09:36:43 am
Quote from: Romeo on March 19, 2014, 09:10:46 am
According to this, there's a Warren Soccer Club for district 4. http://www.arkansassoccer.org/?q=stateclubs#D4
Huh.  Well there you go.  Odd that (again AFAIK) White Hall has never played any of their teams in the recreational league.  You'd think that would make more sense than going to Cabot or Russellville (actual teams I coached against the last time I coached a kids team for the WHSA).

Quote from: AirWarren on March 19, 2014, 09:13:49 am

Warren Soccer Jacks 7
Estem 1

Estem 2

Good luck to y'all.  I hate that WH wasn't able to find a way to schedule y'all this year, the past couple years White Hall-Warren has been a pretty good matchup in both genders.

I know Coach Densmore and Coach Williams have done a terrific job with those boys this year.  The entire team is hardworking and committed in no small part to those coaches.  Looks like a special season shaping up in Warren for the boys team this year.  Go Jacks!

MDXPHD

Quote from: soccer72450 on March 19, 2014, 11:06:04 am
Jonesboro 8   West Memphis 0.   Mercy rule in 2nd half.     West Memphis is the most dissrespectful team I have ever  witness over the past 10 years.  Trash talking is part of the game but when a team trash talks each other and the coach,  screams foul language on the field ( and tells the coach to f off).   Jonesboro is 4 - 0 but has not played anyone.    They have talent.  When they played us in Paragould The curly headed center mid controls the game.   Has great foot work & speed, throw ins and free kicks are tight.   There are three more players that a great.   Two play defender and one is the attacking forward.     They score a lot on throw in and corner with headers.    They will get a dose of real soccer when they play central and searcy.

Interesting first post..who do you play for?

You are right about JHS not playing anybody.  They have talent every year, but can never meet expectations.  They are the 2nd best team in the Jonesboro area. 

arksoc

Quote from: Arbitro on March 19, 2014, 06:16:05 am
VG Lakeside 5, Malvern 1
VB Lakeside 6, Malvern 0
Both Lakeside teams appear to be somewhat weaker than in previous years, but in yesterday's games both the girls' and boys' coaches started subbing when the score was 3-0, so these game scores could have been higher.

I believe I heard that Lakeside boys beat Little Rock Christian. That hasn't happened in a while. So they may not be that down. Having said that though, LR Christian boys are down a bit and have struggled to find the back of the net in the games I've seen.

Arbitro

Quote from: arksoc on March 19, 2014, 11:45:50 pm
Quote from: Arbitro on March 19, 2014, 06:16:05 am
VG Lakeside 5, Malvern 1
VB Lakeside 6, Malvern 0

I believe I heard that Lakeside boys beat Little Rock Christian. That hasn't happened in a while. So they may not be that down. Having said that though, LR Christian boys are down a bit and have struggled to find the back of the net in the games I've seen.
From the LRC website:
3/17 @Lakeside
VG LRC 6, Lakeside 0
VB Lakeside 1, LRC 0

also 3/7 vs Conway
VG Conway 2, LRC 0
VB Conway 1, LRC 0

soccer72450

Quote from: soccer72450 on March 19, 2014, 11:06:04 am

Interesting first post..who do you play for?

You are right about JHS not playing anybody.  They have talent every year, but can never meet expectations.  They are the 2nd best team in the Jonesboro area. 

Thanks I do not play any more graduated last year from CRA !   Watched them  play Paragould and West Memphis.   I have watched VV play and they will be a good matchup for JBR.   I would put JB over VV but just slightly.   

HP14

(VB) Maumelle 1
(VB) Cabot 2

Very good game by both teams with plenty of missed shots by both teams. I will have to say it was the officiating I have seen I some time. The score should have been 1-1 but for a hand ball or "covering" against Maumelle. Still not convinced on that one.

Basketball13

Subiaco beat St.Joseph Conway 8-0. One player for subiaco has 11 goals in 4 games.

Bulldogs2014

JV Boys
Greenwood- 1
LR Hall- 0

Varsity Boys
Greenwood- 7
LR Hall- 2

Kevin Jones with 6 Goals

onewildrice

Arbitro

3/20 @ Monticello
Hermitage 3, Monticello 1 (boys)