• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Tournament Sites -- Soccer With Playoff Brackets

Started by woodpeckerfsm, January 19, 2014, 03:40:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

woodpeckerfsm

January 19, 2014, 03:40:54 pm Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 10:10:41 am by sevenof400
Please click on the Class to view the playoff bracket for the class.
SOCCER
State, May 15-17
Class 7A:                Fayetteville (boys), Bentonville (girls)
Class 6A:                Russellville
Class 5A:                Harrison
Class 4A:                Central Arkansas Christian

State Finals, May 23-24
Bid:                         University of Arkansas, Razorback Field

1234firecracker

Last year, there were multiple complaints about playoffs interfering with graduation ceremonies.
This year will even be worse with the soccer season and thus the playoffs being moved back a week.
If you team is lucky enough to get to the finals, players will have to chose between graduation and the state finals. May 23-24 is prime time for graduation ceremonies.
I hope the AAA feels the heat of this stupid scheduling move and changes it back a week for next year.

PressBox-81

The usual cause for the late dates in soccer is due to basketball season.  They want to give a time separation between the two sports as many smaller schools have players in both basketball and soccer.

Lionheart88

Quote from: 1234firecracker on January 22, 2014, 10:20:46 am
Last year, there were multiple complaints about playoffs interfering with graduation ceremonies.
This year will even be worse with the soccer season and thus the playoffs being moved back a week.
If you team is lucky enough to get to the finals, players will have to chose between graduation and the state finals. May 23-24 is prime time for graduation ceremonies.
I hope the AAA feels the heat of this stupid scheduling move and changes it back a week for next year.
Actually, the week before is just as bad.  I know some White Hall players that are pretty worried, since graduation this year is the 15th, the same day as the first round of the playoffs.  If they're lucky and get an early game they should be able to make it back from Harrison, but if they play in the afternoon the team might be stuck between a rock and a hard place.  That's another reason it'd be nice if tournaments were centrally located, instead of practically being in Missouri.

BigChief

Quote from: Lionheart88 on January 22, 2014, 01:47:00 pm
Quote from: 1234firecracker on January 22, 2014, 10:20:46 am
Actually, the week before is just as bad.  I know some White Hall players that are pretty worried, since graduation this year is the 15th, the same day as the first round of the playoffs.  If they're lucky and get an early game they should be able to make it back from Harrison, but if they play in the afternoon the team might be stuck between a rock and a hard place.  That's another reason it'd be nice if tournaments were centrally located, instead of practically being in Missouri.
Unless you are not from central AR then the roles would be reversed.  So irregardless of where you have it someone is screwed.  I doubt that Burns Park will host it in 2015 either with the Southern Regionals being held in 2015 so plan on it being non-centrally located for the next two years.

Lionheart88

Little rock is no more than about 3 hours from anywhere.  Harrison (or Fayettevile, or Jonesboro, or anywhere around the edge of the state) is as much as 5 hours from the far side.  Hope or Dequeen to Harrison is a considerably longer drive than driving from the state line to Pulaski County, whichever particular border you're on.

If we had the fields and I had the influence, I'd try to get White Hall to host.  PB's at least somewhat more central.  But I don't have the influence, and we don't have the fields.  Never will unless Chapel or Dway get soccer and we share hosting duties between us, them, PBHS, and UAPB.  lol

BigChief

Quote from: Lionheart88 on January 22, 2014, 09:36:50 pm
Little rock is no more than about 3 hours from anywhere.  Harrison (or Fayettevile, or Jonesboro, or anywhere around the edge of the state) is as much as 5 hours from the far side.  Hope or Dequeen to Harrison is a considerably longer drive than driving from the state line to Pulaski County, whichever particular border you're on.

If we had the fields and I had the influence, I'd try to get White Hall to host.  PB's at least somewhat more central.  But I don't have the influence, and we don't have the fields.  Never will unless Chapel or Dway get soccer and we share hosting duties between us, them, PBHS, and UAPB.  lol

While it would be nice to have the tournament in a centrally located place.  Other towns like showing off their soccer fields too and the getting revenue from people staying over night.  Plus it is nice for your team, if you are hosting, to be able to sleep in their own beds - much better rest at home than in a hotel.

sevenof400

Please note the OP in this thread now has links to the playoff brackets for each class!

mijally

Does anyone know how the region alignment in the state tournament bracket is determined in 4a and 5a?  Is it a random draw?  Yearly rotation?

Lionheart88

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas