• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JC Dragon Basketball

Started by bleudog, January 06, 2009, 07:27:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

thabeast428

Tyrus Grayson and he is a jr but don't think he has any looks. He hasn't been very consistent this yr so who knows

Ctucker

Ok he looked pretty impressive. Maybe he will get on summer team and get noticed,maybe it was just his raw talent that impressed me.Good luck to all y'all's kids.Cant wait to watch Bell play for the hogs.

thabeast428

He plays aau ball. They went to Las Vegas and played as well

Ctucker

Ok yall keep winning won't get to come back until Wensday night would like to watch y'all's kids one more time.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

If he played good Saturday night, in front of UAPB, they could start showing some interest.

thabeast428

I hope they do good and win but bad thing is I'll be working til at least 12 sat so be hard to make it up there in time unfortunately

Ctucker

Good luck in finals. Just wanted to say how much I liked watching yall play.I never seen y'all's kids complain about a foul and never once seen them get on to each other, and that's very refreshing to see.

Dragon I

LOL!  Thanks for the compliment.  I think those kids are their own biggest critics though.  I know they don't mind getting in each others face, especially on the football field.

Ctucker

bbfan89

How serious is the injury to Dancy? Good luck Saturday

Ctucker

Messed up on that post. But any way yall go win state. And I hope dAncy will be ok.

Bigditchlion

Meet dancy he is a very good kid and personable. You JC guys should be proud of him! He is a great ambassador for your school and community. Hope he is ok!

NEAsupporter

Yall's team is very classy. If any team were to take BIC out, I would rather it be yall than anyone else. Good luck in state. Hope yall take it along with Marmaduke's girls! Nothing against England, just really like JC and Marmaduke.

bleudog

EDNT pre-game article for the championship game:  CLICK HERE

Bigditchlion

Man I hate that dancy got hurt! Great athlete but really seems like a quality person as well. That article was right though he has a bright future. I would not take the chance on a career ending injury. He will be a star at la tech.

Still think the hogs missed on him, regardless of size. 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

I wonder what could happen to the knee if he plays hurt? If there is ANY possibility of further damage, I hope he doesn't play.

Bigditchlion

Orthopedic guy said even with a brace he wouldn't risk it. One wrong turn or fall could hurt it worse and require surgery. Like the article said though that is his choice but would think a doctor would advise against it. That would be a tough choice on a kid!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Bigditchlion on March 13, 2015, 10:47:25 am
Orthopedic guy said even with a brace he wouldn't risk it. One wrong turn or fall could hurt it worse and require surgery. Like the article said though that is his choice but would think a doctor would advise against it. That would be a tough choice on a kid!

If I was LA tech I would make a suggestion.

THA TRUTH

I think doing warm ups is one thing but if he actually plays him in gonna lose what little respect I had for the man

RedWolf275

Sounds like a no brainer to me. You don't risk a more serious injury when the kid has a collegiate career in front of him.

lionfan59

Quote from: THA TRUTH on March 13, 2015, 12:12:41 pm
I think doing warm ups is one thing but if he actually plays him in gonna lose what little respect I had for the man
I'm sorry, but that decision is not the kids. I understand letting them grow up and be responsible for their own choices.  But sometimes kids don't think about the big picture.  They look at the right now.  and though playing in the championship game and being a huge contributor in it  does not outweigh the kids future in college. 

bleudog

March 13, 2015, 12:35:34 pm #771 Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 01:50:09 pm by bleudog
Tech has access to one of the best orthopedic surgeons in the country in Dr. Bundrick.

http://bjcsportsmedicine.com/William-S.-Bundrick,-M.D.html

Hopefully he's Dancy's physician of choice and has weighed in on what's in Dancy's longterm best interest.

Bigditchlion

Ctucker

Man he is a good kid.I hate it for him tough decision. If there is any chance of hurting it worse don't play. He is a senior and he can be a big help in the game just being there and keeping other players heads right.

cuz

Personally I don't think Mr. Dancy will risk further injury but willdress out and support his team mates. He's got a good head on his shoulders....

lionfan59

That's good.  im really wanting to see what he can do in the next level in football, and what DIXOn can share with him.  Might have to make a trip down south to watch a game this upcoming football season. 

bleudog

March 13, 2015, 10:50:50 pm #776 Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 09:21:50 am by bleudog
Quote from: lionfan59 on March 13, 2015, 10:31:04 pm
That's good.  im really wanting to see what he can do in the next level in football, and what DIXOn can share with him.  Might have to make a trip down south to watch a game this upcoming football season. 

09/05/15    vs. Southern                   Ruston, La.    
09/12/15    at Western Kentucky *     Bowling Green, Ky.    
09/19/15    at Kansas State              Manhattan, Kan.    
09/26/15    vs. FIU *                        Ruston, La.    
10/03/15    vs. Louisiana-Lafayette    Ruston, La.    
10/10/15    at UTSA *                      San Antonio, Texas    
10/17/15    at Mississippi State         Starkville, Miss.    
10/24/15    vs. Middle Tennessee *    Ruston, La.    
10/31/15    at Rice *                        Houston, Texas    
11/07/15    vs. North Texas *            Ruston, La.    
11/21/15    at UTEP *                       El Paso, Texas    
11/28/15    vs. Southern Miss *         Ruston, La.    

http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/latc-m-footbl-sched.html

lionfan59

Got a trooper buddy that might want to make the trip back down there to see his old stopping grounds...wish that ULM game was at LA TEch that would be a game I would enjoy seeing.

bleudog

bleudog

March 14, 2015, 05:35:47 pm #779 Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 07:33:41 pm by bleudog
Didn't get the big prize, but congratulations to this year's Dragons on a season to be proud of and to Coach Hutcheson for a pretty good last six years.

2010  State Sweet 16
    2011  State Sweet 16
    2012  State Runner Up
    2013  State Final Four
    2014  State Final Four
    2015  State Runner Up

cuz

Congrats to the Dragons and Coach Hutcheson on a great season....

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: bleudog on March 14, 2015, 09:09:31 am
Kev's game day editorial:  CLICK HERE

That last part didn't make him sound too good

lionfan59

Now whats Kev"s story today?  Easy Victory.. I say no.  Did JC make multiple mistakes? I say no.  What I say is  hard fought game between two great sets of athletes. 

bdubyab60

He kinda missed on that one

keohog

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on March 15, 2015, 09:26:35 pm

I bet this want be sportswriter thinks thinks JC beat themselves and England had nothing to do with it.  JC is a very good team but there not Kentucky.

Bigditchlion

He just missed the same way, Earle fans missed. Few from the 5 and 6 saw this team about to peak, Clarendon saw how close they were to getting beat. Earle and JC saw the lions at their best.

That's the great thing about basketball, when a team gets hot, Watch out!

bleudog

March 15, 2015, 10:01:30 pm #786 Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 08:44:33 am by bleudog
Quote from: lionfan59 on March 15, 2015, 09:40:05 pm
Now whats Kev"s story today?  Easy Victory.. I say no.  Did JC make multiple mistakes? I say no.  What I say is  hard fought game between two great sets of athletes. 

Quote from: bdubyab60 on March 15, 2015, 09:43:16 pm
He kinda missed on that one

Quote from: keohog on March 15, 2015, 09:48:47 pm
I bet this want be sportswriter thinks thinks JC beat themselves and England had nothing to do with it.  JC is a very good team but there not Kentucky.

C'mon man, not enough negative post game FF action from the JC posters so y'all gang up on the hometown sports writer whose pregame prediction didn't pan out.  ::)

Here's his story today:  CLICK HERE.  (I put this article in the game thread this morning.)

While the outcome portion of Kev's pregame editorial didn't come to fruition, I'd think most would consider his post game article a fair representation of events.  The EDNT does a pretty good job of covering Union County sports.  A lot of small schools don't have a paper in their communities that even knows they exist.

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on March 15, 2015, 09:26:35 pm

And PP12, how accurate was your pre-game prediction on how the Emerson/Bay championship game would turn out?

bleudog

Kev's editorial from the Monday EDNT:  CLICK HERE

Bigditchlion

+1 bleudog. Great article! Kev showing a lot of respect and class in that article.

lionfan59

Quote from: lionfan59 on March 15, 2015, 09:40:05 pm

Looks like he saw the same game I did, a hard fought well played game by two GREAT TEAMS

steel foot

I just wanted to say that I watched jc over the years in football and basketball and someone down that way is teaching them young men something other than how to play basketball and football.There sportmanship is better than any team I've ever seen on any teams it's hard to win the way they do in everything and take a loss like that and not act a idiot. I've seen nothing but great class out of that school.classy young men

lionfan59

Quote from: steel foot on March 16, 2015, 09:45:41 pm
I just wanted to say that I watched jc over the years in football and basketball and someone down that way is teaching them young men something other than how to play basketball and football.There sportmanship is better than any team I've ever seen on any teams it's hard to win the way they do in everything and take a loss like that and not act a idiot. I've seen nothing but great class out of that school.classy young men

I have to say that I have to agree with the classy part, from watching them in the State Tournament.  The way the acted was how you want young men to act. 

bleudog

Congratulations to the Dragons on these lists.

State All Tournament:  CLICK HERE

All State:  CLICK HERE

Bigditchlion

Winners with winning attitudes are what all parents and coaches have taught them. I saw several teams with remarkable kids that were "yes sir, no sir" kids. As a parent and coach I know how hard it is to teach putting your best face forward. I'm Proud of these kids for being role models to the youth of tomorrow. These are our future leaders! Thanks to all parents and coaches, your job doesn't go unnoticed.

bleudog

EDNT article on All-State picks from Union County:  CLICK HERE

iliveformarch

April 02, 2015, 11:56:27 am #795 Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 11:58:31 am by iliveformarch
Quote from: bleudog on April 02, 2015, 07:33:14 am
EDNT article on All-State picks from Union County:  CLICK HERE

Is the EDNT turrning into Fox News, MSNBC, and the Onion or something? They just say Union County All-Stars.. . It should state county and parish  ::)

bleudog

April 12, 2015, 09:29:03 pm #796 Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 09:33:02 pm by bleudog
Congratulations to the JC representatives on the EDNT Girls All-Area teams:

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE

bleudog

EDNT Girls All-Area Rookie Team:  CLICK HERE

bleudog

EDNT Boys All-Area Second Team:  CLICK HERE

bleudog

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas