• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buffalo Island vs Acorn Boys game 6 Day 2

Started by bleudog, March 04, 2022, 08:32:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bleudog

TrojanLover

Please let the announcers know it's ACORN not Akron 🤦🏻‍♂️ Like an acorn that's falls off a dang tree.

bleudog

XFalkonz

From little acorns do great oaks grow...Akron is in Ohio...those boys are too close to lousyana

bleudog

March 04, 2022, 09:00:18 pm #5 Last Edit: March 04, 2022, 09:02:44 pm by bleudog
Quote from: XFalkonz on March 04, 2022, 08:42:47 pmFrom little acorns do great oaks grow...Akron is in Ohio...those boys are too close to lousyana

The word got to him.  At least he wasn't calling them the little Nuts.

XFalkonz

Quote from: bleudog on March 04, 2022, 09:00:18 pmThe word got to him.  At least he wasn't calling them the little Nuts.
People from Acorn would appreciate it more if he did...all the acorn folks are a little nuts...or we started out that way

bleudog

bleudog

TrojanLover

This BIC coach is a moron. Let a 1 man acorn team beat him. BIC has a "7 footer" in the paint with nobody that can guard him and you can't feed him the ball. I blame the coach for the big kid not being Better to start with and I blame him for not getting his offense running though him.

HugeSportsFanatic1

My lord Damien Bohlman just mangandled BIC all by himself.... A top player in the STATE regardless of classification. Had the bag on full display when he was lettin em hang all over BIC if ykwis.

Ctucker

Quote from: HugeSportsFanatic1 on March 04, 2022, 09:49:56 pmMy lord Damien Bohlman just mangandled BIC all by himself.... A top player in the STATE regardless of classification. Had the bag on full display when he was lettin em hang all over BIC if ykwis.
you have lost your freakin mind! 2 5 stars play for NLR and Derrian ford at magnolia! He is nowhere near top player in state in any category

TrojanLover

Quote from: Ctucker on March 04, 2022, 10:07:16 pmyou have lost your freakin mind! 2 5 stars play for NLR and Derrian ford at magnolia! He is nowhere near top player in state in any category
Always forgetting about Joseph pinion 👎🏻 Damian will is a scoring threat in 2a. He could go D2, D3 he's got a lot of potential.

Tom Brady

Quote from: HugeSportsFanatic1 on March 04, 2022, 09:49:56 pmMy lord Damien Bohlman just mangandled BIC all by himself.... A top player in the STATE regardless of classification. Had the bag on full display when he was lettin em hang all over BIC if ykwis.
spot on.

Ctucker

Quote from: TrojanLover on March 04, 2022, 10:15:09 pmAlways forgetting about Joseph pinion 👎🏻 Damian will is a scoring threat in 2a. He could go D2, D3 he's got a lot of potential.
. Well he is not as good as ones I mentioned, but yes him and a lot more better then this guy

NEark tigers

TrojanLover

Quote from: Ctucker on March 04, 2022, 10:22:15 pm. Well he is not as good as ones I mentioned, but yes him and a lot more better then this guy
I personally think Nick smith is overrated, Jordan Walsh has more potential.

Ctucker

Quote from: TrojanLover on March 04, 2022, 10:39:44 pmI personally think Nick smith is overrated, Jordan Walsh has more potential.
agree! And I think derrian ford we'll be more sec ready then smith

NEark tigers

whippersnapper

Congratulations to Coach Bohlman, his sons, and teammates. Have known coach a long time and remember when these boys were 7&8 years old.
As for how to pronounce Acorn? I went elementary school there once upon time. I recall everyone at that time said "A-krin". So not sure what the correct answer is now. Haha

dawgs

Quote from: TrojanLover on March 04, 2022, 10:39:44 pmI personally think Nick smith is overrated, Jordan Walsh has more potential.
Quote from: Ctucker on March 04, 2022, 10:41:52 pmagree! And I think derrian ford we'll be more sec ready then smith
Ford might be able to carry water to Nick during time outs!!

Tom Brady

Quote from: dawgs on March 04, 2022, 11:16:24 pmFord might be able to carry water to Nick during time outs!!
why can't we just agree that all players coming in are gonna be studs... except pinion.

coachb88

Wow, what a game!! Love these boys and their heart! Never stopped playing hard even when things didn't go their way! Guys stepping up to do enough! Super proud and can't wait till Sunday!!

dentist15

Quote from: coachb88 on March 05, 2022, 01:22:38 amWow, what a game!! Love these boys and their heart! Never stopped playing hard even when things didn't go their way! Guys stepping up to do enough! Super proud and can't wait till Sunday!!

Heck of a game by the Tigers and Damian. Was a lot of fun to watch! And you called it too.

They way the 2A-4 played in first round, I think we get to see a 4th matchup of Lavaca-Acorn in the Semis. Best of luck to the Tigers against CMS. Got y'all by 5 in that game.

Ctucker

Quote from: Tom Brady on March 04, 2022, 11:20:31 pmwhy can't we just agree that all players coming in are gonna be studs... except pinion.
. I agree with that!!

BoxNOne

Quote from: dentist15 on March 05, 2022, 06:49:03 amHeck of a game by the Tigers and Damian. Was a lot of fun to watch! And you called it too.

They way the 2A-4 played in first round, I think we get to see a 4th matchup of Lavaca-Acorn in the Semis. Best of luck to the Tigers against CMS. Got y'all by 5 in that game.

Granted 2A is down on the boys side but I must say these teams from the west are stronger than I've seen from that region in a while.

dentist15

Quote from: BoxNOne on March 05, 2022, 07:53:29 amGranted 2A is down on the boys side but I must say these teams from the west are stronger than I've seen from that region in a while.

Definitely can't argue with that. Outside of Charleston back in 2000-2005, most 2A teams from the west generally made an early exit at 2A State.

And agreed 2A is down. I feel a lot of the better 2A teams across the state, while they would still be competitive teams, would just be regional qualifiers at best, especially if it was only the top 2 from region that went to state, like it was before the classification expansion.

BoxNOne

Quote from: dentist15 on March 05, 2022, 08:12:14 amDefinitely can't argue with that. Outside of Charleston back in 2000-2005, most 2A teams from the west generally made an early exit at 2A State.

And agreed 2A is down. I feel a lot of the better 2A teams across the state, while they would still be competitive teams, would just be regional qualifiers at best, especially if it was only the top 2 from region that went to state, like it was before the classification expansion.

+1

XFalkonz

Quote from: whippersnapper on March 04, 2022, 10:53:23 pmCongratulations to Coach Bohlman, his sons, and teammates. Have known coach a long time and remember when these boys were 7&8 years old.
As for how to pronounce Acorn? I went elementary school there once upon time. I recall everyone at that time said "A-krin". So not sure what the correct answer is now. Haha
Sigh...I was born and raised in Acorn. I left to go to college but the proper pronunciation is A-Kern...not A-Corn or Akron or whatever that A-Krin stuff is. We will answer to A-Corn but we assume you are lost. Having said all of that..Coach Ledbetter and the guys have overcome so much and put together a good run. The Bohlman's are so talented and really good kids. Their dad is a great guy as well. I am proud of what they have done although I don't live there and I coach other places. Good luck to them and I am proud as a alumni of their accomplishments

TrojanLover

coachb88

Quote from: TrojanLover on March 05, 2022, 12:00:35 pm@coachb88 does Damian have any offers yet ?
the only official one is champion Christian College in hot springs. he really likes it and seems like a good fit. had some interest from south ark cc, and OBU seemed interested in the summer but he hasn't heard much from them.

dentist15

Quote from: coachb88 on March 05, 2022, 01:11:01 pmthe only official one is champion Christian College in hot springs. he really likes it and seems like a good fit. had some interest from south ark cc, and OBU seemed interested in the summer but he hasn't heard much from them.

Sounds like whoever gets him is gonna get a steal. He's definitely a solid D3/NAIA talent, and would be a great steal for a D2 program.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas