• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Glen Rose v Mayflower

Started by ROULETTE, September 17, 2018, 06:30:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ROULETTE

September 17, 2018, 06:30:54 pm Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 06:37:09 pm by ROULETTE
GR is starting to get kids healthy on offense. Defense has looked pretty solid from the beginning.  Going to Two Rivers this Friday for a tune up game before Mayflower rolls to Hot Spring county next week.  Next week's game will have big conference title and play off seeding implications.  What do y'all think? Should be a good one

SR30

If GR can keep everyone healthy at Two Rivers then I think they take Mayflower in a tight one.

oasistrader

I agree SR 30 .I think Glen Rose has a good shot at taking this one-should be a great ,close game either way .

870ARK

KOJACK

September 18, 2018, 11:23:13 am #4 Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 11:24:53 am by KOJACK
GR will beat Mayflower.

DeeGee

September 18, 2018, 11:24:00 am #5 Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 11:38:13 am by DeeGoldie
Quote from: SR30 on September 17, 2018, 09:43:29 pm
If GR can keep everyone healthy at Two Rivers then I think they take Mayflower in a tight one.

I agree. GR has the advantage and as long as Kehner has them boys heads right, they win this game. Not that Mayflower is a push over by any means, Kehner just knows how to prepare them for each Opponent  they have. Him and I had a love/hate relationship when my son played for GR but boy could those boys win games they were the underdogs. He will have them ready for Mayflower,  in my opinion. 

panther07

Quote from: DeeGoldie on September 18, 2018, 11:24:00 am
I agree. GR has the advantage and as long as Kehner has them boys heads right, they win this game. Not that Mayflower is a push over by any means, Kehner just knows how to prepare them for each Opponent  they have. Him and I had a love/hate relationship when my son played for GR but boy could those boys win games they were the underdogs. He will have them ready for Mayflower,  in my opinion.

Tough to prepare for 2 guys that are just better. Mayflower will score points. Don't know that they can stop GR though.

DeeGee

Quote from: panther07 on September 18, 2018, 11:42:14 am
Tough to prepare for 2 guys that are just better. Mayflower will score points. Don't know that they can stop GR though.

I said by no means is Mayflower going to be a push over. I  just believe that GR will get the win. Most likely a close game with GR on top at the final buzzer.

Jimbo Morphis

ROULETTE

Where is the Mayflower faithful?!

DeeGee

Grayte88

I think Mayflower is playing Danville this week. Know what I'm saying.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Grayte88 on September 18, 2018, 05:37:41 pm
I think Mayflower is playing Danville this week. Know what I'm saying.
They'll be ready for GR when the time comes.

Senator Snuffy

Quote from: Oldman on September 18, 2018, 01:13:22 pm
GR by 2 td's

Old man I thought you only stayed on the warren and star city threads.

Senator Snuffy

Mayflower and Danville will be a good one. But looking ahead I have to choose GR over Mayflower. Danville will get twined this week 34-14.  But next week the script flips.

GR 20
Mayflower 18

beach bum

Mayflower puts the smack down on Glen Rose.

SR30

Their smacker is broke.. won't happen.

SR30

CoolBreeze

September 22, 2018, 11:03:30 am #18 Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 01:54:41 pm by CoolBreeze
Now this discussion is no longer premature.

DeeGee

September 22, 2018, 12:39:43 pm #19 Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 12:46:38 pm by DeeGoldie
I'd say GR kind of made a statement last night with a 51-0 win. But Mayflower game was all about offense it looks like with both teams scoring. It's going to be a good game. Mayflowers defense is going to have to toughen up. They can't let GR get on a roll or it's over with. GR needs to be level headed and not take this game for granted. They are going to have to figure out what works best against Mayflowers defense, ground and pound or an air game or both. Mayflowers offense looks good but it's their defense that could lose them this game. I say GR in a close one. 37-34

ROULETTE

Quote from: CoolBreeze on September 22, 2018, 11:03:30 am
No this discussion is no longer premature.

We had TR this week. We needed something to keep us occupied

DeeGee

Quote from: ROULETTE on September 22, 2018, 04:52:43 pm
We had TR this week. We needed something to keep us occupied

Ummm that's what they were saying pretty much. That now that this weeks game is done, this thread is relevant now. Understand???

mossflyer

Should be a good one. GRs defense looks to be a little better than Mayflowers...28-21 GR.

AlumniLights

Quote from: DeeGoldie on September 18, 2018, 04:52:03 pm
Locked in my basement! Lol

Mayflower is still trying to get over the Bagby days, if you ask me!

Leo Marvin

Probably the most intriguing game in 3A for the week.  Major playoff implications

GR 28
Mayflower 27

Smackover Fan

Grayte88

Two Rivers totaled 12 pts in 4 games
Fouke  totaled 39 pts in 4 games
Malvern  Malvern 29 pts all season
Mayflower 190 pts this season.
Has Glenrose even faced or even beat a good offense yet?

ROULETTE

Quote from: Grayte88 on September 26, 2018, 07:53:56 am
Two Rivers totaled 12 pts in 4 games
Fouke  totaled 39 pts in 4 games
Malvern  Malvern 29 pts all season
Mayflower 190 pts this season.
Has Glenrose even faced or even beat a good offense yet?

Has Mayflower even faced a defense yet??

SR31

what about GR's QB he is not having a good year it looks like! lots of bad passes as well as picks. i will say since the big 74 came back he has better protection.

ROULETTE

Quote from: SR31 on September 26, 2018, 08:36:59 am
what about GR's QB he is not having a good year it looks like! lots of bad passes as well as picks. i will say since the big 74 came back he has better protection.

That's very insightful. Thank you for that.

Grayte88

I can guarantee that Danville is way better than those 3 teams I named earlier.  How about special teams? If GR punts or kicks it deep to the twins , there is a good chance of running it back. Better kick it short and out of bounds. If either twin gets a crease it's over. You won't catch em, lol. They will get loose, that inevitable. Just how many times lol

ROULETTE

Quote from: Grayte88 on September 26, 2018, 09:17:05 am
I can guarantee that Danville is way better than those 3 teams I named earlier.  How about special teams? If GR punts or kicks it deep to the twins , there is a good chance of running it back. Better kick it short and out of bounds. If either twin gets a crease it's over. You won't catch em, lol. They will get loose, that inevitable. Just how many times lol

Mayflower will score some points, but not near as many as you think

ROULETTE

On another note, is the other twin gonna play Friday? Know he's been hurt

WorkOrder

I'll take Glen Rose at home. Mayflower will keep it close.

young_gun

Mayflower will win this game. Too much team speed for Glen Rose.

Mayflower 35
Glen Rose 21

DeeGee

Quote from: young_gun on September 26, 2018, 10:27:37 am
Mayflower will win this game. Too much team speed for Glen Rose.

Mayflower 35
Glen Rose 21

I just don't see Mayflower getting past GR defense. Speed can't help you if you can't get to the ball. I still say GR wins in a close game.

SR30

Glen Rose has lineman that have 4.7 and 4.8 speed. They have team speed themselves

WorkOrder

Quote from: SR30 on September 26, 2018, 10:45:42 am
Glen Rose has lineman that have 4.7 and 4.8 speed. They have team speed themselves

Lineman???? If you have lineman running that fast they are playing the wrong position at GR.

SR30

Naaa.. 250lbs at 4.8 speed is perfect for pulling

Grayte88

Quote from: ROULETTE on September 26, 2018, 09:59:35 am
On another note, is the other twin gonna play Friday? Know he's been hurt
Wow, Mayflower putting up all those points without him. Just imagine when he gets back.. Friday night?
On another note can anyone tell me how many all state players are on Mayflowers defense?

Grayte88

Quote from: ROULETTE on September 26, 2018, 09:57:23 am
Mayflower will score some points, but not near as many as you think
Not as many as I think? I say they score 30

KOJACK

Quote from: SR30 on September 26, 2018, 10:45:42 am
Here we go... ::)

SR30

Come on now Kojack you know it's legit. One may be the size of a receiver but hes a lineman, and you know the other one I'm talking about to.

Linebacker

Mayflower wins this one. Mayflower 20 Glen Rose 14.

ROULETTE

Quote from: Grayte88 on September 26, 2018, 11:21:34 am
Not as many as I think? I say they score 30

Only way this happens is if Glen Rose has 3 or more turnovers

Linebacker

Turnovers won't be the only problem the Beavers will have.

SR30

DeeGee

Quote from: SR30 on September 26, 2018, 11:38:51 am
Come on now Kojack you know it's legit. One may be the size of a receiver but hes a lineman, and you know the other one I'm talking about to.

GR is usually never with out speed. And in a few years Carlos's brother will be on the HS team and from what I've heard from previous players and current players is he is just as good and maybe even better than Carlos. Those will be very good years for GR for sure. I'm  actually really glad Carlos healed from all of his injuries and is now playing college football.

DeeGee

Quote from: beach bum on September 20, 2018, 09:48:14 pm
Mayflower puts the smack down on Glen Rose.

Really not seeing that happen at all. You apparently don't do research on both teams. You are never going to be a reliable source on here with post like that. It will be close, but I say at the final buzzer GR gets the win even though it'll be a close one. 

Senator Snuffy

True Mayflower is 4-0. But who have they played.  1-3 CAC.  0-4 Marshall. 1-3 Parker's Chapel.  And 2-2 Danville.  I would consider that playing no one yet. So be proud of a successful record against a weak schedule so far.  BUT.... it gets real Friday night.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas