• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

its offical Hampton will not field a SR football team.

Started by heavyhittaz_7, May 15, 2015, 08:31:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

heavyhittaz_7

This will throw the 82a confrence even shorter with games.

mtindian42

Another one gone. That's a shame. Hope they can get it worked out and come back next year lords willing...

Backwoods Bart

Is it really a lack of #'s, or lack of effort from the coaching staff. Time to clean house!

Backwoods Bart

Horstcamp or Carp would have 40 kids there in two weeks wanting to go!

beach bum

You hate to see that for the kids who wanted to play. And also for the other seven 8-2A teams who have now lost 2 games on their slate for the last 2 seasons in Norphlet and Hampton. No kid wants an 8 game regular season which some might have now.

dragondad

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on May 16, 2015, 06:45:15 am
Is it really a lack of #'s, or lack of effort from the coaching staff. Time to clean house!

I have good friends in Hampton and I can tell you, it's not a #'s issue. They have plenty on kids that would and desire to play.

Rida4Life

Well that sucks for Hampton and for the 8AA.  I've been hearing that for a while but was hoping it wasn't true.

Backwoods Bart

Area teams are poised to benefit from Hampton pulling the plug, as parents flee the burning program by preparing to enroll their kids out of Bulldog country!

Coach_RC

You mean that those that held the community meetings which led to the forced resignation of Rea Lucas and the hiring of Ables cannot fix this? They proclaimed they were trying to save the program, but it has resulted in the death of the program.

heavyhittaz_7

The bulldog pride has gone. Crazy thing is I heard they jr high team was on the come up. Mabe when the jr kids get in sr high they'll start the program back up.

Proud Buckaroo

How many threads do we need on this issue?

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on May 18, 2015, 04:14:58 pm

When you were bashing JC you made as many as you wanted.  Mind ur business 3a

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on May 18, 2015, 04:54:56 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on May 18, 2015, 04:14:58 pm

When you were bashing JC you made as many as you wanted.  Mind ur business 3a

Was that supposed to be an insult? What cracker jack box did you pull that out of?

Proud Buckaroo

And you have me mistaken. I didn't make any threads basing Junction.

Wilson

I haven't seen PB bash JC on anything . . except they structural integrity of the visitor's bleachers at JC . . but in that case we JC faithful stand beside him and say the same thing. . . i say stand because you couldn't pay me to climb up in the visitor's bleachers at JC ;)

AirWarren

dragondad

I told PB we do that to deter opposing crowd support from making the long haul down to the line.

Proud Buckaroo

It definitely didn't render the crowd for last years Smackover/Junction Game. Reminds me of old times. There is always that many people during that game. I hope to see that many during this seasons game!

dragondad

So will next year be back to a Smacktown/Junction conference rivalry?

Wilson

Well i would think seeing as they will be in the same district it will be .   if they like it or not ;)

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: dragondad on May 18, 2015, 11:38:27 pm
So will next year be back to a Smacktown/Junction conference rivalry?

Definitely will be. Cannot wait.

Dayton Kitchens

What happened at Hampton to drive down interest?   I thought Ables was considered a very capable program builder?

AirWarren

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on May 19, 2015, 04:30:22 pm
What happened at Hampton to drive down interest?   I thought Ables was considered a very capable program builder?

Hometown guy and capable program builder may be two different things.

#72 Bearden Bear

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on May 18, 2015, 01:22:14 pm

Area teams are poised to benefit from Hampton pulling the plug, as parents flee the burning program by preparing to enroll their kids out of Bulldog country!
Heard one is coming to Bearden.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

I laughed at them for hiring Ables, he is a joke. I plainly remember the Hampton posters proclaiming him to be the savior and I remember telling them or wouldn't happen. I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so.

Lions84

BigBrother

Instead of saying poor Hampton, what about others in conference that just lost playing dates and revenue. Just like crap norphlet pulled were gonna have a team were gonna have a team then no we are not. AAA NEEDS TO STEP IN. IF YOU DROP SR FOOTBALL, BARRING A CATASTROPHE OF SOME SORT NO FOOTBALL AT ALL. NO JR HIGH. WHEN YOU RETURN NO CONFERENCE HOME GAMES FOR A 2 YEAR CYCLE. PLUS MUST PAY AVERAGE GATE AND OFFICIALS FOR GAMES Cancelled.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: #72 Bearden Bear on May 20, 2015, 09:57:34 am
Quote from: Backwoods Bart on May 18, 2015, 01:22:14 pm

Heard one is coming to Bearden.

At least one Sr. (will be) heading to HG and has met with the coach that I am aware of. Maybe more, and possibly Camden as well.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: BigBrother on May 23, 2015, 01:02:43 pm
Instead of saying poor Hampton, what about others in conference that just lost playing dates and revenue. Just like crap norphlet pulled were gonna have a team were gonna have a team then no we are not. AAA NEEDS TO STEP IN. IF YOU DROP SR FOOTBALL, BARRING A CATASTROPHE OF SOME SORT NO FOOTBALL AT ALL. NO JR HIGH. WHEN YOU RETURN NO CONFERENCE HOME GAMES FOR A 2 YEAR CYCLE. PLUS MUST PAY AVERAGE GATE AND OFFICIALS FOR GAMES Cancelled.

That is ridiculous.    It sounds like you think schools cancel football seasons just to make it tough for their scheduled opponents.    Most small schools I know would almost do anything to avoid canceling a season.

But when you're looking at 14-15 players expected to be available then something like a family moving away can be all it takes to pull your program below the viability level.

Proud Buckaroo

Dude... Norphlet had 12 kids. TWELVE. Think of yourself as an administration, or even a PARENT of one of those 12 kids. Would you want to risk your child being hurt because he had to play an ENTIRE 4 quarters with no break; except halftime?

cav2012

Quote from: BigBrother on May 23, 2015, 01:02:43 pm
wahhh wahhh, be a little less truly upset next post

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on May 23, 2015, 10:53:57 pm
Dude... Norphlet had 12 kids. TWELVE. Think of yourself as an administration, or even a PARENT of one of those 12 kids. Would you want to risk your child being hurt because he had to play an ENTIRE 4 quarters with no break; except halftime?
didn.t hermitage play some games with 11 players or less a few yrs back?

heavyhittaz_7

AirWarren

Quote from: HF on May 24, 2015, 02:15:18 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on May 23, 2015, 10:53:57 pm
didn.t hermitage play some games with 11 players or less a few yrs back?

That's nothing new for hermitage. As long as I can remember in my 30 years on earth, hermitage has always has numbers around 11-16 players.

Proud Buckaroo

It wasn't just the fact that they didn't have many kids for football. They were suffering numbers at the school as a whole. They voluntarily came to smackover to consolidate. Because they didn't want the state to force them to close, and go to el dorado.

BigBrother

Ya b9y Steele rolled out more than 12 right after the ink was dry on no football was dry. Wanting everyone to play them jv. If there was harsh repercussions them SOME would not cancel or tery to keep kids in program.

Proud Buckaroo

JC Guy

I don't know how many kids Hampton has walking the halls but if they have the numbers walking the halls they had zero support. I made a post last year that I could not believe how few they had in the stands when we played. Couldn't have been more than three or four dozen in the stands. I also said I couldn't understand that because they have an awesome stadium to play in. My point being from the outside looking in it looks like many factors at play with that program.

AirWarren

Quote from: BigBrother on May 26, 2015, 06:45:59 pm
Ya b9y Steele rolled out more than 12 right after the ink was dry on no football was dry. Wanting everyone to play them jv. If there was harsh repercussions them SOME would not cancel or tery to keep kids in program.

An example of Hampton failure.

dragondad

Quote from: JC Guy on May 26, 2015, 08:02:19 pm
I don't know how many kids Hampton has walking the halls but if they have the numbers walking the halls they had zero support. I made a post last year that I could not believe how few they had in the stands when we played. Couldn't have been more than three or four dozen in the stands. I also said I couldn't understand that because they have an awesome stadium to play in. My point being from the outside looking in it looks like many factors at play with that program.

I'm not sure there was that many JC Guy, and most of what was there, was only because it was Pink Balloon night.

#72 Bearden Bear

Has any of the other teams in the conference been able to find a team to replace Hampton on the their schedule?

Proud Buckaroo

#72 Bearden Bear

Heard we could be playing in the Hooten's Kickoff against Lafayette County at UAPB. They would replace Hampton.

heavyhittaz_7

That would be a good deal for both teams. If that happens LC would be playing three teams from the 8aa. In the bears the Hermits and the Bulldogs.

Delta_Bravo

One year can make a big difference. Glad Coach Ables keep it all together through last year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas