• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

8AA in 2015

Started by Rida4Life, May 13, 2015, 11:20:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rida4Life

Sadly it looks like several open dates could pop up on everyone's schedule.  Rumors right now are that Hampton won't field a Sr. team, Hermitage and Woodlawn are iffy.  Norphlet is gone already.  Here is my predicted order of finish:

1.  Junction City..... reload, reload, reload
2.  Rison..... Wildcats should be really solid this year.
3.  Bearden.... still some talent but not as much as they are used to.
4.  Parkers Chapel... best skill positions they've had overall in a long time, will have to rebuild the O and D lines.
5.  Strong.... always some speed in the Dawg Pound but numbers are dwindling
6.  Hermitage... Thomas loses some running mates from last year but if he stays the Hermits will still be dangerous
7.  Woodlawn.... Lost a lot of talent.... Jr. High ranks won't provide much help.
8.  Hampton.... may not make it to week one.  Jr. High program has been solid and things should be about to improve in Calhoun County.

League looks pretty top heavy with JC RISON and BEARDEN..... PC seems to be borderline to go either way.  Bottom half of league is struggling.

Proud Buckaroo

I honestly think Thomas should go to Warren..... That's a lot to put on the shoulders of one kid.

Proud Buckaroo

I wouldn't be surprised if Hampton dropped Sr high this year. It's not just an issue within the school. It's issues with having any kind of local support.

dragondad

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on May 13, 2015, 11:32:55 am
I wouldn't be surprised if Hampton dropped Sr high this year. It's not just an issue within the school. It's issues with having any kind of local support.

I agree, it's sad when the visitors side has more fans than the home side and then the visitors cheer more for the home team than the home fans.

beach bum

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on May 13, 2015, 11:32:55 am

That would be sad to see a league go to 7 teams like that. Kids from Hampton lose a whole season and the other teams get down to a 7 or 8 game season. I would have hated losing a game growing up. Thats the world to most kids at that age.

#72 Bearden Bear

Heard last week that Hampton had enough to field a team for this upcoming season. That might change by the end of next week, who knows. I hope they can make it to week 2, that's when we go there.

heavyhittaz_7

Hermitage will dress about  23 or so but could add a couple more players from warren because of the charter system there going too and from hampton possibly not fielding a team. Thats not many but enough to play. Thomas/childs will be the work horses tho. second day of spring ball yesterday and coach lonnie was down watching them two practice.

heavyhittaz_7

I think hermits/PC battle for the 4th spot mabe even the 3th spot.

AirWarren

May 13, 2015, 12:54:53 pm #8 Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 12:59:09 pm by AirWarren
Quote from: heavyhittaz_7 on May 13, 2015, 12:32:32 pm
Hermitage will dress about  23 or so but could add a couple more players from warren because of the charter system there going too and from hampton possibly not fielding a team. Thats not many but enough to play. Thomas/childs will be the work horses tho. second day of spring ball yesterday and coach lonnie was down watching them two practice.

Warren won't lose any solid players to hermitage. Been going on for years kids going from Warren to hermitage. I saw kids who were C average students at warren be valedictorian of hermitage. That's why kids go to hermitage, it's an easier school to "excel". 

heavyhittaz_7

Thats great. Main purpose is to finish school right?? Rather its warren or hermitage.

AirWarren

Sure. I guess if a person trains theirselves to take the easy road out of everything then I guess that's a good mentality to have.

NWA Hawg

How did the junior high teams finish last year in conference?

heavyhittaz_7

Think JC  jr boys won the confrence and bearden jr boys finished second or either hampton jr boys.

Rida4Life

doesn't really make for great comparisons but the Sr. classes from this year beat up on each other as 9th graders.  I want to say Rison either went undefeated or lost to JC.  PC beat JC and Bearden but lost to Hampton and Rison.  Hermitage was competitive as was Strong.  Player development is different at each school so you can't just assume the same outcomes again but it at least shows how balanced the conference was/is.

Graycat

Just heard that the Hampton school board voted last night to cancel the 2015 senior high football season due to low numbers they said they had 12 in spring work outs

southarkhog

Quote from: AirWarren on May 13, 2015, 12:54:53 pm
Quote from: heavyhittaz_7 on May 13, 2015, 12:32:32 pm

Warren won't lose any solid players to hermitage. Been going on for years kids going from Warren to hermitage. I saw kids who were C average students at warren be valedictorian of hermitage. That's why kids go to hermitage, it's an easier school to "excel".

I don't have a dog in this fight but here recently the Arkansas Department of Education presented grades (A,B,C,D,or F) to the states schools.  Its on their web-site.  The grades are derived from last years state test that all students are given no matter what school you go to. Check it out.  You might be surprised to see the grades your two schools in Bradley county received.  You can also see the grades for all schools in the state.  Pretty interesting when talking about academics.

Football

I don't have a dog in this fight but here recently the Arkansas Department of Education presented grades (A,B,C,D,or F) to the states schools.  Its on their web-site.  The grades are derived from last years state test that all students are given no matter what school you go to. Check it out.  You might be surprised to see the grades your two schools in Bradley county received.  You can also see the grades for all schools in the state.  Pretty interesting when talking about academics.

AirWarren???

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas