• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A state track meet

Started by heavyhittaz_7, May 06, 2015, 10:19:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

heavyhittaz_7

It was a great day for the 2a state meet. And man it was a great race between jackie harvell of gurdon and monta thomas of hermitage in the 100 meter dash. Harvell won it but it was super close. Harvell ran a10.93. Thomas ran a 10.95

Mohawk 54

That was a great race and I believe that the young man from Hazen was in the mix with both of them.

heavyhittaz_7

kidd from hazen was a couple steps behind them. But harvell and thomas was flat rollin.

dragondad

Mohawk 54

Congrats to JC also, a great group of Sr. That have won a large number of State Championship.

Big Boy

Congrats to Gurdon for winning the title in track.  That is impressive.  LC got third.  I expect some of this athleticism will directly show up on the FB field this fall.  I'm not looking forward to trying and contain that speed this year!

Rida4Life

Interesting that no one is talking about JC's phantom DQ in the 4x100 relay.  They had the best qualifying time and the ruling was IFFY to say the least.  JC handled it with more class than most would have.  For the record they supposedly got the baton BEFORE the exchange zone which I don't think I've ever seen before.  Just seemed a little shady considering that exchange zone was occupied by a coach whose team finished in the top 3 overall.......   ;D

heavyhittaz_7

Yea it was iffy to me i was there standing by the fence right were it happen. I thought it was a clean handoff myself but them red flags came up. Im looking foward for the trip to russellville saturday to meet of champs for some good running.

bleudog

May 14, 2015, 01:35:04 pm #8 Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 01:43:11 pm by bleudog
Gurdon won the 4X100 with a time of 44.10.

CLICK HERE

JC's best 2014-2015 time in the event, per varvee, was 43.90.

I don't know how many points a team gets for a win, but If JC had won 4X100 and Gurdon had been knocked to second, could JC have won the meet?

bleudog

Quote from: Rida4Life on May 14, 2015, 12:16:24 pm
Interesting that no one is talking about JC's phantom DQ in the 4x100 relay.  They had the best qualifying time and the ruling was IFFY to say the least.  JC handled it with more class than most would have.  For the record they supposedly got the baton BEFORE the exchange zone which I don't think I've ever seen before.  Just seemed a little shady considering that exchange zone was occupied by a coach whose team finished in the top 3 overall.......   ;D

It was discussed briefly over in TDH's soapbox thread.

Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on May 06, 2015, 10:30:28 pm
By the way, just got a text informing me that Gurdon rolled over Junction City at the Class 2A State Track meet tonight.

GURDON GO-DEVILS 2015 CLASS 2A STATE TRACK CHAMPIONS
Chew on that awhile.

Quote from: bleudog on May 07, 2015, 12:48:16 pm
I don't know much about track and field, but is a score of 97 - 93 rolling over somebody?

Reads like the difference was JC not having a 4X400 team qualify and some problem in the 4X100.

CLICK HERE

Also noticed the meet was hosted by Gurdon.  Is there any home field advantage in T&F?

Either way, congratulations to both teams.

Quote from: dragondad on May 07, 2015, 09:15:05 pm
While your bragging about the Devils winning track, why don't you tell us how a 4x1 team gets a DQ for early handoff inside the exchange zone...........

Quote from: Mohawk 54 on May 07, 2015, 09:45:09 pm
JC got DQ because they were not in the exchange zone, fourth leg was outside of it (in front of it). Both Judges in that zone called it right away. And no they were not from Gurdon.

Quote from: dragondad on May 07, 2015, 11:12:00 pm
Water under the bridge. I'd say a 4pt loss after a DQ and not competing in many events by a team that has no track and field facilities whatsoever...is pretty dang good. Again though, congrats to Gurdon, that Harvell kid is something special. Congrats to him as well.

dragondad

Quote from: bleudog on May 14, 2015, 01:35:04 pm
Gurdon won the 4X100 with a time of 44.10.

CLICK HERE

JC's best 2014-2015 time in the event, per varvee, was 43.90.

I don't know how many points a team gets for a win, but If JC had won 4X100 and Gurdon had been knocked to second, could JC have won the meet?

I believe so

The_Devil_Himself

BigBrother

Gurdon ought to get really big track rings since people of gurdon haven't had to buy a championship ring since Reagan was president

JC Guy

Get that tissue TDH. Good one BB.

The_Devil_Himself

At least there won't be an asterisk.

JC Guy

Well other than the folks from other schools watching the meet that post the DQ on Junction was suspect. I didn't say that they did! I wouldn't try to take that from deserving kids like you would TDH.

dragondad

There should be an asterisk;

Gurdon State Champions

*Great team with one shotty fan!

BigBrother

Shouldn't be hearing from devil much. I called gurdon elementary and they took his cell phone and banned him from computer lab.

Rida4Life

If my math is correct...... add those 10 pts to JC and subtract 2 from Gurdon and its 103-95 JC. 
So ... yeah... it cost them the meet.  Props to JC for not making excuses about it though.  Relays have to be tough to practice when you don't have a track.

The_Devil_Himself

Found out this morning that not only did JC blow the exchange they were disqualified on, but should have been dq'd on the first exchange............by Gurdon's coaches.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on May 15, 2015, 08:55:43 am
Found out this morning that not only did JC blow the exchange they were disqualified on, but should have been dq'd on the first exchange............by Gurdon's coaches.

Oh well congrats on the title u should enjoy it now cause when sept comes u will have nothing to brag about

bleudog

May 15, 2015, 09:54:53 am #21 Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 03:24:16 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Rida4Life on May 15, 2015, 08:30:17 am
If my math is correct...... add those 10 pts to JC and subtract 2 from Gurdon and its 103-95 JC. 
So ... yeah... it cost them the meet.  Props to JC for not making excuses about it though.  Relays have to be tough to practice when you don't have a track.

Thanks for the numbers.  Looks like DD's belief it would have been the difference was right.  I didn't have a clue how T&F scoring worked. 

If a 4-point win at a track meet is rolling over some one, what would they have called an 8-point win?   

Tough break for the Dragons.  Especially unfortunate it happened on the winning team's home track.

But, two state titles and I believe two state runner ups over the last four years is pretty stout.  Would that be 8+10+10+8=36 points?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas