• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So Hackett and Hartford is being treated as an annexation?

Started by AT, April 30, 2015, 05:01:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

This doesn't make sense to me. I know Hartford is leaving their doors open, but Hartford kids can play for Hackett right? Or they can't? Because if you consolidate their numbers, Hackett should be 3A.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Almatrackster on April 30, 2015, 05:01:44 pm
This doesn't make sense to me. I know Hartford is leaving their doors open, but Hartford kids can play for Hackett right? Or they can't? Because if you consolidate their numbers, Hackett should be 3A.

they go with the larger schools numbers...it's like the sparkman kids that can go play football at C. harmony grove...

AT

Quote from: HF on April 30, 2015, 05:10:13 pm

they go with the larger schools numbers...it's like the sparkman kids that can go play football at C. harmony grove...

Right, I just don't understand the sense behind the rule. Does this mean Hartford will have other sports that aren't football? Then I guess it sort of makes sense.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Almatrackster on April 30, 2015, 05:19:08 pm

Right, I just don't understand the sense behind the rule. Does this mean Hartford will have other sports that aren't football? Then I guess it sort of makes sense.

As far as I understand football is the only sport they dropped, and they will be competing in 1A(i assume) in the same conference with mulberry..

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Almatrackster on April 30, 2015, 05:19:08 pm

That's correct... the sports other than football, will be played in 1A.

AT

Okieback

Didn't I post about this in September , or something like it...

beach bum

Quote from: Okieback on May 03, 2015, 06:13:53 pm
Didn't I post about this in September , or something like it...

Give yourself a pat on the back  and a cookie  :o

Okieback

bigworm

Tell me if this would be the same scenario. Lets say hazen dropped football. The hazen kids could play football at carlisle and carlisle remain 2A?

cav2012

Quote from: bigworm on June 04, 2015, 11:13:13 pm
Tell me if this would be the same scenario. Lets say hazen dropped football. The hazen kids could play football at carlisle and carlisle remain 2A?
we would never play on the same team as carlisle

bigworm

Quote from: cav2012 on June 05, 2015, 08:36:05 am

so you just wouldnt play football at all? it's a hypothetical question. what if it was desarc too drop football. would those kids play at hazen and hazen still compete at 2A level? how's that cav?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bigworm on June 05, 2015, 11:06:58 am
Quote from: cav2012 on June 05, 2015, 08:36:05 am

so you just wouldnt play football at all? it's a hypothetical question. what if it was desarc too drop football. would those kids play at hazen and hazen still compete at 2A level? how's that cav?

not exactly... des arc would have to be annexed by carlisle...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas