• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A New Classification Numbers for 16-18

Started by Brian G, April 30, 2015, 04:49:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

Proud Buckaroo

Brian G

MarionBlueDevil

Why did Junction City move up? The obvious answer is attendance, but where did the kids come from?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on April 30, 2015, 05:01:24 pm
Why did Junction City move up? The obvious answer is attendance, but where did the kids come from?

They have a planned agreement with a charter school to let LA kids attend J.C that either started this year or next(this replaces the old agreement with Claiborne and Union parrishes)...So the move up might be a permanent thing.

As far as this jump in enrollment goes, the only thing I see is the movement of people into junction city from LA that bleu mentioned a few times during the season when people were griping about the enrollment numbers..

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on April 30, 2015, 05:01:24 pm

Like, HF just said. The numbers are coming from the LA kids.

HorseFeathers

have the actual numbers been released somewhere yet?

HorseFeathers

Kipp Delta blytheville has declred for football with 18 kids in teh highschool? Say what?

NWA Hawg

Proud Buckaroo

You take the schools 9th-11th grade, and add them together.

Lionheart88

Quote from: HF on April 30, 2015, 05:31:35 pm
Kipp Delta blytheville has declred for football with 18 kids in teh highschool? Say what?
18.67 in 9-11, so add in the seniors and they should be around 25. :)  But I'd guess they're a new charter school that either has a big middle school group moving up or expects to see a large swell in enrollment over the next few years.

Quote from: B.G. on April 30, 2015, 04:51:52 pm
Thanks!

Caddo Hills is another one I noticed, rising up from 1A.

HorseFeathers

true.....there sister school in helena has jumped a class two straight cycles now

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Lionheart88 on April 30, 2015, 05:56:43 pm
Quote from: HF on April 30, 2015, 05:31:35 pm
18.67 in 9-11, so add in the seniors and they should be around 25. :)  But I'd guess they're a new charter school that either has a big middle school group moving up or expects to see a large swell in enrollment over the next few years.

You also have to figure the percentage of Male/Female.

So, say its 60% male, and 40% female.... That's barely enough to have starters with maybe 2-3 kids on the side. That's rough for a school first starting out in Football.

beach bum

April 30, 2015, 06:08:01 pm #14 Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 06:19:58 pm by beach bum
I think Hector ends up in the 5-2A with Danville and Lavaca coming down to 2A. The 4-2A will likely be Decatur, Mountainburg, Lavaca, Union Christian, Hackett, JC Westside, Magazine, Western Yell, and Danville.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on April 30, 2015, 06:08:01 pm
I think Hector ends up in the 5-2A with Danville and Lavaca coming down to 2A. The 4-2A will likely be Decatur, Mountainburg, Lavaca, Union Christian, Hackett, JC Westside, Magazine, Western Yell, and Danville.

That's what I've been leaning towards as well...But...Danville was in a conference with most of the 7 West about 10 years ago though...

HorseFeathers

The real question here is...Does the AAA balance the number of teams per conference? OR Do they allow conferences to shrink and enlarge randomly based on numbers and geography??

dragondad

JC at 186 makes us the smallest 3A school other than Harding Academy and Episcopal Collegiate.

Proud Buckaroo

Harding, and ECS do not count, because they are private schools with 2A numbers that play up in classification. You guys just barely hit the 3A mark by 2 students.

HorseFeathers

April 30, 2015, 09:01:10 pm #19 Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 09:34:59 am by HF
Teams New to the COnferece in Bold

2A-3
Salem
Rector
Midland
Earle
Cross COunty
Marked Tree
EPC
McCrory
Augusta

2A-4
Lavaca
Danville

J.C Westside
WYC
Union Christian
Mountainburg
Decatur
Magazine
hackett

2A-5
poyen
Cutter
Mnt Pine
Magnet Cove
Bigelow
Conway Christian
hector

2A-6
Carlisle
Hazen
Des Arc
Clarendon
Brinkley
Marvell
England
P/W

2A-7
Mount Ida
Murfreesboro
Mineral Springs
Dierks
Foreman
Springhill
Lafayette County

2a-8
C. Harmony Grove
Parkers Chapel
Strong
Rison
Woodlawn
Hermitage
Hampton
Bearden

Proud Buckaroo

Everyone in the 2A-8 just looked at that and cried a big cry of relief.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on April 30, 2015, 09:09:14 pm

All of 2A...

dragondad

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on April 30, 2015, 08:44:56 pm
Harding, and ECS do not count, because they are private schools with 2A numbers that play up in classification. You guys just barely hit the 3A mark by 2 students.

Exactly! Oh well, it's going to be exciting...that'll be my sons senior year and the new gym will be finished.

Proud Buckaroo

Now all the people whining to put JC in 3A, will get to see what they can do in 3A. They will still be successful in my opinion. But, it won't be like in 2A. Guaranteed a championship every year.

AirWarren

Dayton Kitchens

The likeliest result for Junction City will be fewer mercy rules over a two year period.    I don't see their number of wins (and occasional losses) changing much.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: HF on April 30, 2015, 09:01:10 pm
Teams New to the COnferece in Bold

2A-3
Salem
Rector
Midland
Earle
Cross COunty
Marked Tree
EPC
McCrory
Augusta

2A-4
Lavaca
Danville

J.C Westside
WYC
Union Christian
Mountainburg
Decatur
Magazine

2A-5
poyen
Cutter
Mnt Pine
Magnet Cove
Bigelow
Conway Christian
hector

2A-6
Carlisle
Hazen
Des Arc
Clarendon
Brinkley
Marvell
England
P/W

2A-7
Mount Ida
Murfreesboro
Mineral Springs
Dierks
Foreman
Springhill
Lafayette County

2a-8
C. Harmony Grove
Parkers Chapel
Strong
Rison
Woodlawn
Hermitage
Hampton
Bearden
Where is Hackett at?

HorseFeathers

bleudog

Quote from: HF on April 30, 2015, 09:18:44 pm

All of 2A...

The Dragons will get to do a farewell 2A tour this fall.  The changes begin in the fall of 2016.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bleudog on April 30, 2015, 10:49:06 pm
Quote from: HF on April 30, 2015, 09:18:44 pm

All of 2A...

The Dragons will get to do a farewell 2A tour this fall.  The changes begin in the fall of 2016.

We know...LoL....Just saying all of 2A is excited to wish you guys farewell :D

MomaLion

We should give them a going away party  ;D

Pit Bull

May 01, 2015, 01:53:19 pm #31 Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 01:55:40 pm by Pit Bull
Quote from: dragondad on April 30, 2015, 08:43:17 pm
JC at 186 makes us the smallest 3A school other than Harding Academy and Episcopal Collegiate.

You'll be okay, Earle was the smallest for our term in the 3A, we were always competitve, 2 BBall Championships and a couple Girl State Track Titles.... Go Dragons, literally.... Go...

bigworm

Wouldnt you think augusta would stay in the 6 and England stay in the 5 to keep 8 teams in each conference or is this already a done deal?

Cheek

Quote from: bigworm on May 13, 2015, 10:18:17 pm
Wouldnt you think augusta would stay in the 6 and England stay in the 5 to keep 8 teams in each conference or is this already a done deal?

Not a done deal.  This is a guess.

Lions84

England been moved from the 5A to 6A several times going back to the 1970's. Them and Hazen used to get moved all the time.

Proud Buckaroo

I thought they only had a 5A back in that time?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 20, 2015, 11:29:57 am
I thought they only had a 5A back in that time?

Thinking he was referring to the 2A-5 and 2A-6....England is kinda in that in between position like Hector is between the 2A-4 and 2A-5..

Hatchet

sorry but McCory and Augusta will not be in the 3aa. Check the AAA
2A 3
Cross County
Earle
East Poinsett Co.
Kipp: Blytheville
Midland
Marked Tree
Rector
Salem

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hatchet on July 02, 2015, 02:50:23 pm
sorry but McCory and Augusta will not be in the 3aa. Check the AAA
2A 3
Cross County
Earle
East Poinsett Co.
Kipp: Blytheville
Midland
Marked Tree
Rector
Salem

Umm...If you check that post, it was posted within days of the numbers coming out. So pure speculation was all that post was.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas