• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When Will Junction City's Winning Streak Be Snapped?

Started by WPWells, April 12, 2015, 06:37:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

Which team will snap it this season? Or will we have to wait until next season?

Tigerdad2

HorseFeathers

Week 1...@ Smackover---Might have the best chance of the Arkansas schools they play this year..
Week 2...@ Rison....Brings back some of their better athletes from last years playoff team...Might be the best of the rest in the 2A-8 this year..
Week 3...I think this is a Louisiana School but may be open....
Week 4...@ Hermitage....Hermits might have the best player not from the big 3...Still won't be enough
Week 5...Hampton...This one should be name that score...
Week 6...@ P.C.......Read above...
Week 7...Bearden....I don't see the Bears being any different from last year...Will be good, probably play their bes tgame of the year probably still not enough..
Week 8...@ Strong....Another Ugly Game
Week 9...Woodlawn....Probably another mercy rule...

Not sure how accurate this schedule is....seeing as the dates are all screwy on it...The P.C game is on a sunday according to the schedule I'm looking at :D

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on April 12, 2015, 06:57:03 pm
We will have to wait, JC state champs again

I hope you crossed your fingers on that post. With Junction playing Smackover(at smackover), and playing a Lousianna School.

MomaLion

Ok 12th man, aren't you the one always on here complaining about posters posting the same thing that's already been discussed to death??? Sorry, had to call you on this one.

LCC

Haynesville, LA is the team JC is supposedly going to play. They've won the last 2 State Championships in LA in class 1A, I believe.

WPWells

Just trying to start some offseason conversation Moma

FD4

Sounds corny I know but, JC will lose when someone fields a team that has more depth, better players, and coached equally as well.  That will be hard to do in AA.  I expect it would take some of the better 4A and 5A schools to accomplish that.  We'll see.  I am not a particularly big JC fan, but it is what it is until someone knocks them off.  One loss still doesn't spell doom either.

Wilson

Week one will be tough. . but week 3 against Haynesville will be REAL TOUGH.   .Haynesville is absolutely loaded this year. .as they are most years.   but counting the last 2 state title runs. . .word is this years team is the best of the 3

bleudog

April 13, 2015, 11:55:37 am #9 Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 01:14:42 pm by bleudog
Quote from: MomaLion on April 13, 2015, 01:14:32 am
Ok 12th man, aren't you the one always on here complaining about posters posting the same thing that's already been discussed to death??? Sorry, had to call you on this one.

Now that's funny right there. +1 ML.

A general discussion in the MMQB board concerning active winning streaks might have worked.  But then again I'd guess 12 only wants the 2A streak to end before the 3A one does so two boards was enough.  ;)

I think 12's team does have the record for the most consecutive years with at least one playoff win at 20.  They past Barton's record of 19 last year.  Those Dragon are only at 17.  ;D

But back to the topic at hand, streaks are gravy, the goal is The Rock.  JC is playing a couple of good OOC games early in 2015.  The Dragons could fall to what should be a highly ranked 3A (almost 4A with Norphlet) Smackover team and/or to the perennially strong Haynesville team.  Oh, and LCC was right about Haynesville being Louisiana's 1A state champ, but don't let that 1A fool you, LA only has 5 classifications (with the 5A having 60+ teams) so their 1A is more like 2A or maybe small 3A in Arkansas.  http://lhsaaonline.org/MainBracket32.aspx?s=1&y=2014&d=1A

Wilson

Quote from: LCC on April 13, 2015, 07:29:27 am
Haynesville, LA is the team JC is supposedly going to play. They've won the last 2 State Championships in LA in class 1A, I believe.

Class 1A in Louisiana is the same as class 2A in Arkansas . . enrollment is the same. .maybe even some schools in Louisiana 1A with larger enrollments

bleudog

April 13, 2015, 12:19:29 pm #11 Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 12:24:15 pm by bleudog
Hey W, you may have already seen this but the Thursday Battle on the Border game is El Doradeax vs St. Thomas More. The Wildcats are going to let Longview try Byrd this year.

http://thebattleontheborder.com/shreveport-announces-matchups/

Wilson

I'm afraid the outcome against STM may be the same as with Byrd last year. . .but i give the Eldo AD a gold star for dusting themselves off and going back down for another round

THA TRUTH

Jc has a good chance to lose 2 out of the first 3 idk why carp decided to play haynesville this year compared to last year

Dayton Kitchens

Junction can lose two out of the first three but that still doesn't mean they won't win state in 2015.

At least as far as we know now.   But injuries could hit them hard or a competent team could just get very lucky on any given night.

Wilson

and like Dayton just said. .it really depends on which streak your talking about. .if you're talking about the 40 game win streak (which happens to be tied for 5th longest active streak in the country) . .then yeah there's a very good chance that could be snapped in either week 1 or week 3
.but JC still has a very good shot at wining a 4th straight state title even if they lose both of those games. .

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Wilson on April 13, 2015, 08:57:22 pm
and like Dayton just said. .it really depends on which streak your talking about. .if you're talking about the 40 game win streak (which happens to be tied for 5th longest active streak in the country) . .then yeah there's a very good chance that could be snapped in either week 1 or week 3
.but JC still has a very good shot at wining a 4th straight state title even if they lose both of those games. .

State Title or bust....I may be wrong..but I don't see a team the caliber of the Carlisle squad that J.C beat in the semi's 2 years ago in the field this year.....I use them as an example because I'm pretty sure they were the last 2A team with a realistic chance of beating the Dragons late in the game...

MomaLion

MomaLion

Quote from: bleudog on April 13, 2015, 11:55:37 am
Quote from: MomaLion on April 13, 2015, 01:14:32 am

Now that's funny right there. +1 ML.

A general discussion in the MMQB board concerning active winning streaks might have worked.  But then again I'd guess 12 only wants the 2A streak to end before the 3A one does so two boards was enough.  ;)

I think 12's team does have the record for the most consecutive years with at least one playoff win at 20.  They past Barton's record of 19 last year.  Those Dragon are only at 17.  ;D

But back to the topic at hand, streaks are gravy, the goal is The Rock.  JC is playing a couple of good OOC games early in 2015.  The Dragons could fall to what should be a highly ranked 3A (almost 4A with Norphlet) Smackover team and/or to the perennially strong Haynesville team.  Oh, and LCC was right about Haynesville being Louisiana's 1A state champ, but don't let that 1A fool you, LA only has 5 classifications (with the 5A having 60+ teams) so their 1A is more like 2A or maybe small 3A in Arkansas.  http://lhsaaonline.org/MainBracket32.aspx?s=1&y=2014&d=1A
I was just giving him a hard time bleu lol...have to keep him on his toes  ;D

TorMan

THA TRUTH

April 24, 2015, 02:18:06 pm #20 Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 02:22:08 pm by THA TRUTH
Yea I couldn't wait either if it was last year both teams were stacked with great players idk what to think of this years squads

TorMan

Yeah, woulda been nice! Great programs and coaching staffs will always put good teams together year after year. Should still be a dang good matchup this year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas