• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Your Pick to win it all.

Started by the_whitester_21, November 09, 2014, 10:26:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think has the better chance of winning it all?

Earle
7 (9.1%)
Junction City
46 (59.7%)
Conway Christian
1 (1.3%)
Gurdon
6 (7.8%)
Hector
1 (1.3%)
Hazen
10 (13%)
EPC
2 (2.6%)
Bearden
1 (1.3%)
Cross County
3 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: playmaker04 on November 10, 2014, 11:27:29 am
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 10, 2014, 06:24:14 am
Quote from: Donnie Jamon on November 10, 2014, 12:26:14 am
If they spot Earle 28 JC ain't coming back. Earle is legit and has just as much speed as jc does

Come on d.j., epc and hazen both beat Earle, Earle is not a legit contender to beat j.c., Earle doesn't have the athletes j.c. nor the football players. I mean they couldn't even win yalls conference outright.
whoa whoa whoa now. Earle has the athletes. A lot of those kids play on one of the most talented basketball teams in 2a. They may not have as many skill players,but I promise you they got just as many athletes as j.c.

Noway, earle dresses about 28, per a comment in this thread, j.c. dresses 40 plus, you do the math. It just doesn't add up. Im not knocking Earle, but they just dont have the numbers, just like the rest of us.

big E

I think about 28 is what I counted.

dragondad

I think JC is at 51 counting the 9th graders that moved up.

monster_island

You don't have Hackett as a choice. They have as good a chance as 8 of the choices that you did list.

leedog95

JC town has 800 people and 51 kids playing how is this????? Earle has 3,200 and half of Parkin 1,500 kids and they dress 28-30.. Man something is wrong with that...With a even coach matchup on a neutral field Earle would take JC!!! But if you play JC in JC you are not winning just ask CC.

cuz

Quote from: leedog95 on November 10, 2014, 10:32:53 pm
JC town has 800 people and 51 kids playing how is this????? Earle has 3,200 and half of Parkin 1,500 kids and they dress 28-30.. Man something is wrong with that...With a even coach matchup on a neutral field Earle would take JC!!! But if you play JC in JC you are not winning just ask CC.
The officials are sent by AAA, not hired by the school. CC was years ago get over it.....

leedog95

Yes it was years ago but they really won that game...Anyone that was at that game not from JC knows that!!!!

FootballDude02

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 10, 2014, 07:37:02 pm
If they spot Earle 28 JC ain't coming back. Earle is legit and has just as much speed as jc does

Come on d.j., epc and hazen both beat Earle, Earle is not a legit contender to beat j.c., Earle doesn't have the athletes j.c. nor the football players. I mean they couldn't even win yalls conference outright.
whoa whoa whoa now. Earle has the athletes. A lot of those kids play on one of the most talented basketball teams in 2a. They may not have as many skill players,but I promise you they got just as many athletes as j.c.

Noway, earle dresses about 28, per a comment in this thread, j.c. dresses 40 plus, you do the math. It just doesn't add up. Im not knocking Earle, but they just dont have the numbers, just like the rest of us.
Numbers don't always mean anything...11 on 11. If the 11 you put on the field have the mentality as well as the drive to compete and give it all every snap to defeat the guy across from them, it a football game regardless the outcome. Most people have no chance simply because they feel like they have no chance. They lose before the game is played.

FootballDude02

November 11, 2014, 12:35:16 am #58 Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 12:36:56 am by FootballDude02
Just being honest

dragondad

Every roster I've been able to find shows Earle has 38 players in 10-12th, not sure how many 9th graders.   JC has 37 in 10-12th and 14 9th graders. 7th - 12th grade enrollment is pretty much equal between the two schools, approx 300, and yes that includes the LA kids at JC.

Perhaps your question should be why Earle has such a large population but such a small school enrollment. Could it be that a large portion of the students are going somewhere else? Or could it be that you have athletes walking the halls that refuse to play football.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: FootballDude02 on November 11, 2014, 12:18:57 am

Numbers don't always mean anything...11 on 11. If the 11 you put on the field have the mentality as well as the drive to compete and give it all every snap to defeat the guy across from them, it a football game regardless the outcome. Most people have no chance simply because they feel like they have no chance. They lose before the game is played.

Until your 11 get tired and the other team is rotating players keeping them fresh. If there was a rule that said "you can't substitute", then you could be equal, but there is not. So depth is where they get ya.

cuz

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 11, 2014, 07:06:07 am
Quote from: FootballDude02 on November 11, 2014, 12:18:57 am

Until your 11 get tired and the other team is rotating players keeping them fresh. If there was a rule that said "you can't substitute", then you could be equal, but there is not. So depth is where they get ya.
It's not necessarily the number of kids in the school it's how many will buy into your program. JC hasn't always had that many players. Coach Carpenter has had a lot to do with the turn out of players. Yes we have a lot of depth but it's hard to sub the equal of a Jamario Bell, Taylor Mason, Armstrong, Holyfield, and Dancy but we try. We also have are share of players on the bench who have the heart but not the talent, but who are there contributing at every practice.......

leedog95

I don't think Earles 7th--12th enrollment is 300 kids. That's more like their 1st---12th enrollment.

Jaybo

I think JC will pretty much cruise through the playoffs to the title. I just think they've got way too much for any AA team this season. Next season might be a different story though. JMO

cuz

Quote from: Jaybo on November 12, 2014, 06:00:47 pm
I think JC will pretty much cruise through the playoffs to the title. I just think they've got way too much for any AA team this season. Next season might be a different story though. JMO
With the loss of 10-12 seniors you could very well be right. The whole backfield and over half of the offensive and defensive line. A lot of key players in the secondary also. JC will be reloading for sure next year. Teams like England who starts mostly soph. will be your competitive teams the next few years...........

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: cuz on November 12, 2014, 07:01:38 pm
With the loss of 10-12 seniors you could very well be right. The whole backfield and over half of the offensive and defensive line. A lot of key players in the secondary also. JC will be reloading for sure next year. Teams like England who starts mostly soph. will be your competitive teams the next few years...........

Come on Cuz, dont give us the "ole poor is us" spill. Lol! With all the blowouts j.c. has had this year, those underclassmen have gotten plenty of quality playing time.

cuz

November 12, 2014, 07:14:28 pm #66 Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 07:41:22 pm by cuz
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 12, 2014, 07:04:30 pm
Quote from: cuz on November 12, 2014, 07:01:38 pm
Come on Cuz, dont give us the "ole poor is us" spill. Lol! With all the blowouts j.c. has had this year, those underclassmen have gotten plenty of quality playing time.
Well pick losing that many seniors is tough even with a power house like JC, I think DA feeling a little of that this year............... ;D Not that little ol JC hasn't got some pretty good backups.... ;D

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Actually im not sure des arc is, i think our current players have filled the vacated positions adequately. This team may be as good as last years. We will find out in the next few games.

cuz

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 12, 2014, 07:21:58 pm
Actually im not sure des arc is, i think our current players have filled the vacated positions adequately. This team may be as good as last years. We will find out in the next few games.
Well last years team beat Hazen, you saying Hazen is that much improved over last years team? Y'all probably have a lot of young players this year?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: cuz on November 12, 2014, 07:44:45 pm
Well last years team beat Hazen, you saying Hazen is that much improved over last years team? Y'all probably have a lot of young players this year?

Yes Hazen is better than last year. We only won 8-0 last year, IF we catch a couple open passes this year, its a lot closer than 20-0 they won by.  We got to play several underclassmen last year and they have continued to improve this year. We play several jrs.

HorseFeathers

Guys.....Hector has a population of 450 and with the 9th graders dresses out 41....Mountain Home is what 10,000 strong with a 6A school, and it was posted on the 6A board earlier this year that they dress out in the upper 20's....City Population is a poor way to judge how many a program is dressing out...

cuz

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 12, 2014, 07:49:03 pm

Yes Hazen is better than last year. We only won 8-0 last year, IF we catch a couple open passes this year, its a lot closer than 20-0 they won by.  We got to play several underclassmen last year and they have continued to improve this year. We play several jrs.
I hear ya should make for a good team next year.....

cuz

Quote from: HF on November 12, 2014, 07:53:56 pm
Guys.....Hector has a population of 450 and with the 9th graders dresses out 41....Mountain Home is what 10,000 strong with a 6A school, and it was posted on the 6A board earlier this year that they dress out in the upper 20's....City Population is a poor way to judge how many a program is dressing out...
+1

HorseFeathers

Oh yeah...Earle has 611 kids K-12 per the ADE....Junction City has 663 kids assuming for approximately 130 Louisiana students...and for comparisons sake...Hector has 594

playmaker04

cross county dresses 31. 9 seniors,15 juniors,7 sophomores.. You want me to post a roster. An Earle poster said they dressed 28. Why is that so hard to believe?

playmaker04

Quote from: leedog95 on November 10, 2014, 11:59:18 pm
Yes it was years ago but they really won that game...Anyone that was at that game not from JC knows that!!!!
It didn't help that you couldn't see the end zone line right where he crossed. It was tough to take. But you're not gonna get a close call there.

dragondad

Quote from: playmaker04 on November 13, 2014, 10:10:39 am
It didn't help that you couldn't see the end zone line right where he crossed. It was tough to take. But you're not gonna get a close call there.

Doesn't the AAA handle assigning refs during playoffs?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

November 13, 2014, 11:17:40 am #77 Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 11:22:41 am by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: playmaker04 on November 13, 2014, 10:04:28 am

cross county dresses 31. 9 seniors,15 juniors,7 sophomores.. You want me to post a roster. An Earle poster said they dressed 28. Why is that so hard to believe?

Read the whole discussion, it was about the number of athletes Earle has compared to the number j.c. has. My comment was, back to him where he said Earle has just as many as j.c. thats when i said "no way", Earle only dresses 28 compared to j.c.s 40 plus which is really 50 i believe. So thats almost 2 to 1 in j.c. favor. So im sure j.c. has more athletes just because they dress close to twice as many kids. Im in no way doubting that earle dresses 28. Im sure with our 9th graders moved up des arc is dressing over 30.

Where i said they dont have the numbers like the rest of us, des arc included, im saying  j.c. is the only one dressing close to 50. I don't think any of the rest of us 2a schools dress that many.

playmaker04

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 13, 2014, 11:17:40 am

Read the whole discussion, it was about the number of athletes Earle has compared to the number j.c. has. My comment was, back to him where he said Earle has just as many as j.c. thats when i said "no way", Earle only dresses 28 compared to j.c.s 40 plus which is really 50 i believe. So thats almost 2 to 1 in j.c. favor. So im sure j.c. has more athletes just because they dress close to twice as many kids. Im in no way doubting that earle dresses 28. Im sure with our 9th graders moved up des arc is dressing over 30.

Where i said they dont have the numbers like the rest of us, des arc included, im saying  j.c. is the only one dressing close to 50. I don't think any of the rest of us 2a schools dress that many.
my fault I misread that and of course if JC has 50 kids and Earle 28 JC will have more athletes number wise. But 11 on 11 I believe Earle has as much athletic ability, maybe not skill ability,but im talking pure athletic ability.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: playmaker04 on November 13, 2014, 11:32:53 am
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 13, 2014, 11:17:40 am

my fault I misread that and of course if JC has 50 kids and Earle 28 JC will have more athletes number wise. But 11 on 11 I believe Earle has as much athletic ability, maybe not skill ability,but im talking pure athletic ability.

Its all good. I just realized it was you that i was commenting back to with my first comment. Lol

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: cuz on November 12, 2014, 07:59:23 pm

Cuz we only have 5 sr.'s playing this year, so hopefully we will be ok again next season, as long as we can keep our coach. Prescott is about as good a coach as their is around, give him hazens players, and there is no doubt they get to WMS and compete with j.c.

Cheek

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 13, 2014, 11:52:36 am

Cuz we only have 5 sr.'s playing this year, so hopefully we will be ok again next season, as long as we can keep our coach. Prescott is about as good a coach as their is around, give him hazens players, and there is no doubt they get to WMS and compete with j.c.

I agree.  I watched JC play Woodlawn, and Hazen can match them with size and speed.  There is only one thing they cant match, and that is Coaching.   

cuz

November 13, 2014, 01:05:43 pm #82 Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 02:48:21 pm by cuz
I think we'll lose 10-12 seniors this year, some are very key players, but the second string are pretty good players. We should still be very competitive. I think we dressed out 37 at most games and now we have 14 freshman dressing out for a total of 51. How many you dress out  is how good of a coach you have getting them to buy into your program....... ;)

cuz

Quote from: Cheek on November 13, 2014, 12:37:31 pm

I agree.  I watched JC play Woodlawn, and Hazen can match them with size and speed.  There is only one thing they cant match, and that is Coaching.
Cheek I normally agree with about everything you post, but no one including Hazen can match JC in overall speed........... ;)

Dragon I

Or size.  I've watched several of Hazens game clips.  They don't match up.

ARKDAD50

Quote from: Dragon I on November 13, 2014, 01:13:00 pm

That's your opinion and everyone has one..
Hopefully we will see!

cuz

Quote from: ARKDAD50 on November 13, 2014, 01:15:00 pm

Hopefully we will see!
Hopefully............ ;D

Dragon I

How is it an opinion that they don't match up size wise?  All you have to do is look at them.  It's a fact.

ARKDAD50

Oh, so you say you have big slow lineman?? That really doesn't excite me.

godgiven999

Quote from: cuz on November 13, 2014, 01:19:05 pm
Quote from: ARKDAD50 on November 13, 2014, 01:15:00 pm

Hopefully we will see!
Hopefully............ ;D
Or Hopefully Gurdon knocks off Rison and Gets a shot at JC at WMS! 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Cuz we were dressing about 25 before the 9th graders moved up. Not sure how many we are now.

cuz

Quote from: ARKDAD50 on November 13, 2014, 01:29:10 pm
Oh, so you say you have big slow lineman?? That really doesn't excite me.
Here's you a clip from Hudl, featuring Taylor Mason one of are big slow lineman.............
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1688251/highlights/126586375

cuz

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 13, 2014, 01:38:39 pm
Cuz we were dressing about 25 before the 9th graders moved up. Not sure how many we are now.
Wow that's tough barely enough to scrimmage, hopefully your 9th graders can contribute.......

Dragon I

Don't recall saying slow, but whatever makes you feel better.

FD4

Didn't take time to read the posts but we all know that Junction City will win it all, so the real question is who will they get to beat in Little Rock

Dragon I

Your common sense will not be appreciated around here!

FD4

Sure it will Dragon, JC's trouncing of that 09 Bearden team is proof coach C knows how to get ready for any one, and we ain't Even gonna talk about trashing last year.

bleudog

November 13, 2014, 08:55:55 pm #97 Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 05:09:42 am by bleudog

Memories of the first image I ever posted on FF:

Quote from: crackerback2000 on December 01, 2006, 11:26:20 pm
Are you sure the CC receiver did not score before the last play?  Also, did the runner not score again on the lat play?  Looked very close.  Of course, the field was not marked very good, so who could tell?  Looked like a poor call by the refs gave JC the game.

Quote from: bleudog on December 01, 2006, 11:58:28 pm
Just looked at the tape.

Official was right on top of the second to last play.  Easter got the receiver by the foot on about the five and Cook made sure he was down before stumbling in.  No doubt about the last play either.  That play lost at least a yard. 

Unless CC was trying to catch JC out of position, a spike might have been a better option.

My hat's off to CC.  They played with heart and never gave up.  Made JC's defense work hard all game.

Should have never come down to that last drive though.  JC probably averaged over 5 yards a rush; but due to penalties, kept themselves in 1st/2nd and 15+ situations all night.  First downs lost due to holding calls.  JC touchdown called back on a strange blocking below the waist call.   

the_whitester_21

Probably the greatest game in my opinion. That Cc-Jc game

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: dragondad on November 11, 2014, 04:46:11 am

Every roster I've been able to find shows Earle has 38 players in 10-12th, not sure how many 9th graders.   JC has 37 in 10-12th and 14 9th graders. 7th - 12th grade enrollment is pretty much equal between the two schools, approx 300, and yes that includes the LA kids at JC.
Perhaps your question should be why Earle has such a large population but such a small school enrollment. Could it be that a large portion of the students are going somewhere else? Or could it be that you have athletes walking the halls that refuse to play football.

Bump.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas