• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When will J.C. get put into 3A.

Started by highschoolball, October 25, 2014, 08:01:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dragondad

That means he can bring fresh crawfish back with him on Thursday evenings when we put those players up in the JC Four Seasons Resort. Now we won't have to pay these ridiculous prices for mud bugs anymore.

cuz

Quote from: bleudog on October 26, 2014, 04:15:03 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 25, 2014, 09:05:36 pm
Im not sure, but i was told that next cycle, the AAA will envoke a Louisiana student multiplier. It will take those kids and multiply them x4 since they are so superior to Arkansas kids. The bad thing about it, J.C. will still be in 2A because of the low number of Cajun kids. HA! 😱😱😱

I normally wouldn't post this, but I'm being blackmailed by HF. >:(   ;)

Wilson doesn't know it yet, but rumor is he's going to be reassigned to the the I-10 territory.   Here's next year's "get" list:

Timmy Thibodeaux:  6' 1"  185.  Jax Brewery Middle School.  WR.  Set his school record for most pass receptions for TDs while wearing an ankle bracelet.  Catches everything that come close to him and the only people who have had any luck catching him were the Metairie PD.

Richard Richard
:  6' 4''  215.  Breaux Bridge Jr High. WR/DB.  Once caught 12 touchdown passes in one game, 6 from his QB and 6 pick sixes.  A record for the Beaux Bridge Crawfish that many feel will never be broken.

Melvin Melancon
:  5' 6"  345.  Dixie Beer Academy.  C.  There are dead people who can out run Melvin, but the boy knows how to use leverage and has a great mind for the game.  Once set on the end of the bench during the jr high league championship game and catapulted a 125 lb, 7th grader into the third row of the stands. The 7th grader failed the concussion protocol and was was not allowed to return to the game.  (The 7th grader was cutting time with Melvin's girlfriend) 

Petey Prejean
:  5' 11"  190.  Our Lady of the Bayou Catholic Prep.  RB.  Was laser timed running a 4.25 forty at the Tabasco Combine.  Of course at the Tabasco Combine they are rumored to have gators behind the starting lines.

Gilbert Guillot:   6' 4"  205.  Sister Mary Football Academy.  QB.  Ended every one of his 8th grade games with a completed Hail Mary pass to cap an undefeated season.   (God knows you can't pass up that kind of divine intervention.) 

Herbert "the bear" Hebert
:  6' 5"  305.  Tony Chachere Junior High.  NT.  In the league championship game, "the bear" was named MVP.  He had three consecutive sacks and a blocked punt leading to a safety.  That resulted in a 2-0 win and first league title for the Chachere Condiments.

Bennie Benoit, Jr.:  5' 5"  135.  French Quarter Culinary Prep.  K.  Boy can't kick worth a lick but this one is at the band boosters' request.  Apparently Bennie gets the award winning secret family boudin recipe when he turns 16 and the folks in the Dragon concession stand say if JC doesn't get this kid they're going to frozen Wal-Mart tofu burgers.
We're losing Wilson??

dragondad

He's our best recruiter, so naturally we need to locate him in the hardest area to recruit. How else can we compete against the other LA private schools for the most talented players.

Wilson

I really don't like competing with the John Curtis and Redemptorist recruiters . . they can be nasty

big E

Thats a very good group though should fit right in.

Jug head

Just asking you JC fellows, this is not just a one year run and from the way y'all talk it's not going to fall off much in the next few years. So would y'all be opposed if able to moving up. You can only get so much out of beating some of this school by 50 that have more player and cheerleader than people in the stands. Just asking, I know I'm the idiot that picked on y'all last week, but is a serious question I had.

bleudog

October 26, 2014, 08:07:59 pm #56 Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 08:59:38 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Jug head on October 26, 2014, 07:27:31 pm
Just asking you JC fellows, this is not just a one year run and from the way y'all talk it's not going to fall off much in the next few years. So would y'all be opposed if able to moving up. You can only get so much out of beating some of this school by 50 that have more player and cheerleader than people in the stands. Just asking, I know I'm the idiot that picked on y'all last week, but is a serious question I had.

The 50 or so kids NCC picked up were mostly in the elementary grades so it will take awhile for them to work into the 9-10-11 count group.  Plus with the El Dorado/Murphy Promise and the general economic trends in Union County, those kids might just help keep the enrollment stable.

A request to move up early might be an option if it's inevitable in the next cycle or two anyway.  Not easy to find 2A OOC games (Spring Hill agreed to two games but only if they didn't have to come to JC).  The 2A-8 (mostly former 2A-7 East schools) hasn't been real stable over the last few years.  Norphlet (now gone) dropping football prior to consolidation and creating extra bye weeks that couldn't be filled.  Never knowing if Hampton and Hermitage will have enough to field a team for a full season or not.  The concern Strong might have to consolidate.  Playing in a 3A district would bring stability to the scheduling process.   

HorseFeathers

To add to BleuDog's Point

Strong is at 335 k-12...1st year below 350

Proud Buckaroo

I feel like this is Strong's last year. I used to work in the town, and the town is really falling off... I hate to see this to that town.

mtindian42

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 26, 2014, 08:16:49 pm
I feel like this is Strong's last year. I used to work in the town, and the town is really falling off... I hate to see this to that town.
hope they can survive...

Wilson

Considering the amount off added travel ( i would think its more. . haven't really checked on it) . .in all sports. . not sure JC could budget that to move up without the added kids being in the school system to have more monies to put into that budget. . jc is far from a rich school district. .as most public schools aren't with the funding the way it is these days

Proud Buckaroo

Honestly think it's best that Junction City stays in 2A. Like Wilson says, moving up a district adds more cost to a school system. They would have to travel further than they do now, and that would include other added expenses. The students have to do a lot of fundraisers to help pay for expenses. I.E. The rings, and travel expenses.

dragondad

We have the second lowest tax base of the school districts within Union Co. We're the most southerly located school in the state. Our facilities are nowhere near as good of condition as most 1A schools, much less 2A and 3A.   To move up, we'd have to have the 3A funding and volunteering to move up wouldn't allow us that.

bleudog

October 26, 2014, 08:34:27 pm #63 Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 08:36:48 pm by bleudog
Quote from: HF on October 26, 2014, 08:14:45 pm
To add to BleuDog's Point

Strong is at 335 k-12...1st year below 350

I believe that's a two strikes and you're out deal.

Proud Buckaroo

Blue, you're correct. A school whose numbers are low have two years to bring numbers up or they are forced to close.

dragondad

Man that's going to be a major bus ride for some of those kids that live down around Felsenthal, Huttig, and further south.

HorseFeathers

Alright Wilson...I'm going to bite on this one....and do a theoretical conference for Junction City...

Conference would something like
Drew Central
Fordyce
Fouke
C.Harmony Grove
Junction City
McGehee
Smackover
lake Village

Total Mileage one way: 546 miles, 10 hours 8 minutes driving time

Currently
Bearden
Hampton
Hermitage
parkers chapel
rison
strong
woodlawn

Total mileage one way: 376 Miles, 6 hr 56 minutes total driving

Jug head

I just did know how close y'all were to 3a schools in your area.

HorseFeathers

Hey Jug head...looks like we were about 15 seconds a part, so check the post above yours :D

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: dragondad on October 26, 2014, 08:37:24 pm
Man that's going to be a major bus ride for some of those kids that live down around Felsenthal, Huttig, and further south.

If I'm not mistaken they will split the school between crossett and el dorado. Depending on what side you live on.

HorseFeathers

So the plan is to close the school? Seems like this would be one of those they could look into possibly keeping the school open due to remoteness...

Proud Buckaroo

HF,

They are also under academic distress as well. My wife is friends with someone who has already pulled her kid from strong to go to parkers chapel.

RiverEagle079

Hey Felsenthal i know that place i hunt on the refuge there will be there on nov 5-11 for the quota deer hunt.

dragondad

October 26, 2014, 08:45:40 pm #73 Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 08:48:21 pm by dragondad
x's 9 if count all sports, and no other extra curricula events, and more than one bus to many of those sporting events.

Jug head

Just enjoy being on top, cause when you dip for a year thing like Brinkley giving there head coach a powerade bath because they squeaked out a win over my Bison happen. To funny.

RiverEagle079

cuz

Quote from: RiverEagle079 on October 26, 2014, 08:44:23 pm
Hey Felsenthal i know that place i hunt on the refuge there will be there on nov 5-11 for the quota deer hunt.
Felsenthal is on the east and west side of the Quachita, Strong goes to La line south and east to the river. Crossett is on east side........Urbana I think goes to Strong. Nearest La. school is Marion........

dragondad

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 26, 2014, 08:44:11 pm
HF,

They are also under academic distress as well. My wife is friends with someone who has already pulled her kid from strong to go to parkers chapel.

I figure they'll do a deal with someone similar to the Emerson/Taylor/Bradley district.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Jug head on October 26, 2014, 08:47:59 pm
Just enjoy being on top, cause when you dip for a year thing like Brinkley giving there head coach a powerade bath because they squeaked out a win over my Bison happen. To funny.

I don't find that funny. IF you were being sarcastic. When a certain school is on the receiving end of getting beaten year in and year out. You finally get a W against them and that makes you happy. It builds confidence.

Wilson

HF then add trips for basketball girls and boys. HS and JR HS . . softball. .baseball . . JR high football . . that would add up quick

RiverEagle079

Quote from: cuz on October 26, 2014, 08:51:24 pm
Felsenthal is on the east and west side of the Quachita, Strong goes to La line south and east to the river. Crossett is on east side........Urbana I think goes to Strong. Nearest La. school is Marion........
Ill be hunting pereogeethe lake outside of hermatage and strong

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Wilson on October 26, 2014, 08:54:59 pm
HF then add trips for basketball girls and boys. HS and JR HS . . softball. .baseball . . JR high football . . that would add up quick

And people don't think about that. They just think about Junction having a losing program is all.

Jug head

I understand being happy for a win,but the coach getting the bath come on, to me that's alittle overboard for a regular season game. It's not like Carlisle was coming in on top.

cuz

Quote from: RiverEagle079 on October 26, 2014, 08:55:36 pm
That's a north east of Strong and on the east side of the Quachita, pretty good deer hunting up there. You must be camping or staying at a camp, closest motel is in Crossett........

dragondad

Bring ya boat, crappie should be hitting there and Green too. Hunt a while, fish a while!

Wilson

Marion kids are bus'd to Farmerville and attend Union Parish High School now

RiverEagle079

Yea got a camper taking up there we ride up to moro bay to take showers but staying on site

dragondad

Quote from: cuz on October 26, 2014, 08:59:13 pm
That's a north east of Strong and on the east side of the Quachita, pretty good deer hunting up there. You must be camping or staying at a camp, closest motel is in Crossett........

They allow camping at the lake.

RiverEagle079

Yessir but no electric or water i love it its peaceful until someone fires up a genorator

dragondad

Yeah I was telling cuz. We've camped there before when running yoyo's and lines.

snoopy22

Quote from: Old Scrapper on October 25, 2014, 08:39:15 pm
Then all the 3A dads can get on here a gripe about getting beat by JC!
Slow your roll bro.  The Curley Wolves will play the Dragons anytime.

cuz

Quote from: dragondad on October 26, 2014, 09:01:26 pm
Quote from: cuz on October 26, 2014, 08:59:13 pm

They allow camping at the lake.
Got a camp on the old Loch 6 rd bordering Beryl Anthony Wildlife refuge and the river...........

RiverEagle079

i considered taking a weekend down for duck hunting is it any good

cuz

Quote from: RiverEagle079 on October 26, 2014, 09:08:35 pm
i considered taking a weekend down for duck hunting is it any good
Some years it doesn't get any better than there, others you got to know where to go...............

Wilson

I will answer for Cuz.   the duck hunting is terrible . . just terrible . . nothing but an occasional wood duck or coot. .  ;)

RiverEagle079

Ive always wanted too but its hard to leave cache and white river and harrisburg up beside claypool

cuz

Quote from: Wilson on October 26, 2014, 09:16:01 pm
I will answer for Cuz.   the duck hunting is terrible . . just terrible . . nothing but an occasional wood duck or coot. .  ;)
Now Wilson don't leave the young astray. He hunts where duck hunting pretty salty. Eagle it's sorta like the Black Swamp up your way....

RiverEagle079

cuz

RiverEagle079

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas