• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When will J.C. get put into 3A.

Started by highschoolball, October 25, 2014, 08:01:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilson

Felsenthal/Beryl Anthony /Upper Ouachita NWR can be very good. . but if your hunting the White/Cache River area South Arkansas is a long drive to hunt a NWR that's the same kinda hunting where you don't have the knowledge like your home NWR. . .only thing that beats your area is in South Ark there aren't as many battle royals pre hunt to determine who gets which hole ;)

RiverEagle079

I only do the battle royal hunts once maybe twice a year otherwise im rolling in private

Wilson

Well then. . i really wouldn't travel that far if your hooked up private ;)

RiverEagle079

Yea i guess not just wanted to make a weekend trip with the boys

dragondad

You'd drive right by Bayou Meto... Felsenthal just isn't worth it to me anymore. We hunt the beaver ponds and sloughs Southwest of El Dorado, West of JC from Three Creeks to Stateline. It's hit and miss too, but never any hole hoarders.

RiverEagle079

What I like about cache is all the dumb hunters you have a hundred guys haulin butt to one boat ramp all you gotta do is drive down the road at about 730 and find bags of decoys and mojos in the ditches lol my buddy came away with two dozen Dakota decoys and a brand new bag with the tags on it that way

Wilson

On 3 different occasions i have seen a truck pulling a boat while at Teddy Bears in Strong and have a full bag of decoys dragging along behind it having snagged the prop on its way out of the boat ;)

Wilson

Oh. .and you wanna talk battle royal. . At Bayou Meto they have them right beside the ditch BEFORE the boats hit the water. .lol

RiverEagle079

I hate Bayou Meto i have took guns from people because they were loading them to shoot other people i have thrown there guns in the ditch and sent em walking. Lets just say ive had my fair share of scraps there and will not be going back if i have the choice

dragondad

Quote from: Wilson on October 26, 2014, 10:33:35 pm
On 3 different occasions i have seen a truck pulling a boat while at Teddy Bears in Strong and have a full bag of decoys dragging along behind it having snagged the prop on its way out of the boat ;)

Yep, more than once I've driven through someone's deek spread in the middle of Dollar Junction road. Ha! Think I still have a dozen or so magnums from the first encounter.

As for the battle royals, I seen a good one at overflow one morning.  Then the guy that thought he got the win jammed his boat in the water....without releasing the transom straps. Rookie!! 

Wilson

Doc Muse told me once about an oncoming 18 wheeler blowing his bag of decoys out of his boat on his way to overflow . .and then the 18 wheeler following it centerd that bag up and turned his G & H mags into kibbles and bits ;)

Speaking of overflow and battle royals. . If your familiar with old "rasslin" organizations. . if Meto and Felsenthal were WWF and WCW respectively. . then overflow was ECW. . crazy ish going down there on a daily basis with trash can lids and flaming kendu sticks. .lol

bigworm

Bayou meto is too close to all those city boys of LR. Ive hunted there for 25 years. Full of idiots anymore.

Proud Buckaroo

RiverEagle079

Agh the joys of private land get to the field about 30 minutes till shooting hours no fights no bickering no i have been hunting this public hole for 25 years (coming from a 22 year old) and you have to leave my puvlic duck hunting spot or else

Wilson

I hear you RE. . .i leased a couple spots over between Portland and Lake Village for a few years. . and the lack of stress and trying to beat folks to a spot made it much more enjoyable . . although in the upper ouachita in North Louisiana when the water gets up out of the river banks. . it has about 15% as many hunters as Felsenthal and probably 40% larger. . so its easy to get away from folks. . nothing like seeing green heads filtering down through the trees in flooded timber

RiverEagle079

1 month from yesterday is opening morning

big E

Yall just come up hear and hunt with me.

cuz

Quote from: big E on October 27, 2014, 07:57:27 am
Ive hunted the Cache, White, Dagmar and private land from Forrest City yo Carlisle....

dragondad

Quote from: cuz on October 27, 2014, 09:22:53 am
Ive hunted the Cache, White, Dagmar and private land from Forrest City yo Carlisle....

Cuz I've been on the hunt for a new dog, haven't had one in several years. After season is over I need to pick your brain a bit. My wife reminded me about your forte yesterday afternoon.

cuz

Quote from: dragondad on October 27, 2014, 09:27:56 am
Quote from: cuz on October 27, 2014, 09:22:53 am
I've hunted the Cache, White, Dagmar and private land from Forrest City yo Carlisle....
b

Cuz I've been on the hunt for a new dog, haven't had one in several years. After season is over I need to pick your brain a bit. My wife reminded me about your forte yesterday afternoon.
Sold my last one last Wensday, a good duck dog runs 3000-6000 depending on what one wants. Let me know what you're looking for, I try and hook you up....

dragondad

Yeah, I probably had 4000+ in my last one. Guy over around Stamps did all the training. 

Wilson

big E

Languille river north and south of palestine when I hunt which ain't but about 4 or five times at the max done got plum sorry in my 40s .

Wilson

I used to be eat up with it myself . . but in the last 7 years it seems like every other year i barely hunt. . i hunted more last year than the previous 3 years combined. . had a lot to do with real good hunting . . .thus year i may not go much at all. . .

big E

If they ain't cookin in the blind im not goin.

RiverEagle079

RiverEagle079

Also i got a buddy that has been training dogs for about three years now does very well and will cost you about half of the other trainers.  That being said he does good quality work with the dogs he can demonstrate with his main dog and has people from multiple states that can vouche for him look up Muddy Water Retrievers in Des Arc, Arkansas on google and it should show up a facebook page to him. 

Wilson

cuz

Quote from: Wilson on October 27, 2014, 06:45:11 pm
Cuz ain't bad at training dogs. . ;)
Thanks Wilson just back from a competition this past weekend...... I know every decent trainer in the state also, you got to be careful when it comes to those dog trainers...........

big E

Quote from: RiverEagle079 on October 27, 2014, 06:19:21 pm
Ill cook if i can go lol
When the ducks show up and thers not a crowd I'll hollar at you.

RiverEagle079

HorseFeathers

back to the topic....Hector will dress out 41 players this week when Hampton comes to town. Of course 11 of those will be freshman, when will the petition start to move us up to 3A? ::)

RiverEagle079

honestly i dont want them to move up i want them to play till they are defeated because it would give the 2a something to play for if they put a petition together and they moved up to 3A the team that won the next years State Championship would get heck.  It be like "well if yall wouldnt have pushed to move a legal 2A team up to 3A then yall wouldnt have won".

HorseFeathers

Quote from: RiverEagle079 on October 27, 2014, 07:24:33 pm
honestly i dont want them to move up i want them to play till they are defeated because it would give the 2a something to play for if they put a petition together and they moved up to 3A the team that won the next years State Championship would get heck.  It be like "well if yall wouldnt have pushed to move a legal 2A team up to 3A then yall wouldnt have won".

Be kinda like all of those teams that have won 6A titles(Except Greenwood) since 06 right? LoL

big E

Wilson

Do people not remember 2010 ?.   JC has just had a hellacious run of talent the last few years. .i feel sure there are lean years coming. . it happens to everyone

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: HF on October 27, 2014, 07:20:31 pm
back to the topic....Hector will dress out 41 players this week when Hampton comes to town. Of course 11 of those will be freshman, when will the petition start to move us up to 3A? ::)

Of course you know it's not how many are on your roster.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: WonderWartHawg on October 27, 2014, 09:27:25 pm
Quote from: HF on October 27, 2014, 07:20:31 pm

Of course you know it's not how many are on your roster.

You'd be surprised with some of these people and what they want and why....Some were on here crying for j.c to be moved up because of their athletic participation rates...

dragondad

Don't forget the black football team / white baseball team argument.

Football55

Well, since we are dreaming I would like to know when will JC join the 2a-6?  ;)

RiverEagle079

now that would be fun but on the other hand not likly to far of a commute for away games

Football55

Quote from: RiverEagle079 on October 27, 2014, 10:29:10 pm
now that would be fun but on the other hand not likly to far of a commute for away games

True but one can dream.

big E

Oh great another conference loss for Pw.lol

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Football55 on October 28, 2014, 07:36:35 am
Quote from: RiverEagle079 on October 27, 2014, 10:29:10 pm

True but one can dream.

That wouldn't be a dream, that would be a nightmare. They are on a whole other level.

big E

Be about like it was when Barton was rolling everybody just plays for second.

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: dragondad on October 25, 2014, 09:36:16 pm
I just wonder if some of these posters pep-talks would go like this;

"OK boys, we all know those 3 to 5 LA kids are better than our whole team, so just get out there and do what you can. No one will think less of us and them dirty recruiting no count Dragons will take all the smack tomorrow!"

Oh, and win one for the Lipper! Errrr...I mean Gipper!!

Bump.

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: x14113 on October 26, 2014, 01:09:17 am
Sorry, folks, but going by the numbers, Hackett has a much better chance of going 3A than JC.

It'll be via outside help, granted, but still.

Bump.

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: bleudog on October 26, 2014, 08:07:59 pm
Quote from: Jug head on October 26, 2014, 07:27:31 pm
Just asking you JC fellows, this is not just a one year run and from the way y'all talk it's not going to fall off much in the next few years. So would y'all be opposed if able to moving up. You can only get so much out of beating some of this school by 50 that have more player and cheerleader than people in the stands. Just asking, I know I'm the idiot that picked on y'all last week, but is a serious question I had.

The 50 or so kids NCC picked up were mostly in the elementary grades so it will take awhile for them to work into the 9-10-11 count group.  Plus with the El Dorado/Murphy Promise and the
general economic trends in Union County, those kids might just help keep the enrollment stable.

A request to move up early might be an option if it's inevitable in the next cycle or two anyway.  Not easy to find 2A OOC games (Spring Hill agreed to two games but only if they didn't have to come to JC).  The 2A-8 (mostly former 2A-7 East schools) hasn't been real stable over the last few years.  Norphlet (now gone) dropping football prior to consolidation and creating extra bye weeks that couldn't be filled.  Never knowing if Hampton and Hermitage will have enough to field a team for a full season or not.  The concern Strong might have to consolidate.  Playing in a 3A
district would bring stability to the scheduling process.

Bump

bleudog

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on May 17, 2015, 12:44:03 pm
Quote from: dragondad on October 25, 2014, 09:36:16 pm
I just wonder if some of these posters pep-talks would go like this;

"OK boys, we all know those 3 to 5 LA kids are better than our whole team, so just get out there and do what you can. No one will think less of us and them dirty recruiting no count Dragons will take all the smack tomorrow!"

Oh, and win one for the Lipper! Errrr...I mean Gipper!!

Bump.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas