• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tired of hearing from JC fans

Started by baseballgod91, October 06, 2014, 11:37:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

green-eagle

Quote from: dragondad on October 07, 2014, 11:25:23 pm
And yet the fact remains that the ADE does receive and count the LA kids, of which we've averaged 17 total in 9th-11th combined, per year, the last three years. 17!!! So now, it's not only football but they're also filling track and baseball out of the males from that 17 count? Our cheerleaders are back/back champs too, I guess we now know how that's possible. But wait, what about all those years when we sucked yet had LA kids from not just one parrish, but two??? 

Whoa!.... a state championship in Cheerleading?.... when did this happen? when did they start this?

dragondad

Quote from: green-eagle on October 08, 2014, 02:58:58 pm
And yet the fact remains that the ADE does receive and count the LA kids, of which we've averaged 17 total in 9th-11th combined, per year, the last three years. 17!!! So now, it's not only football but they're also filling track and baseball out of the males from that 17 count? Our cheerleaders are back/back champs too, I guess we now know how that's possible. But wait, what about all those years when we sucked yet had LA kids from not just one parrish, but two??? 

Whoa!.... a state championship in Cheerleading?.... when did this happen? when did they start this?
They started it because our LA kids ran out of sports to dominate.

bleudog

G-E, can you keep a secret?  CLICK HERE  :-X

cuz

Quote from: bleudog on October 08, 2014, 03:16:56 pm

Well there you go again Bleu telling all....

green-eagle

I dont know how to handle that link... So im going to go back and re-read 50 shades of gray!!!!!

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: amehr36 on October 08, 2014, 01:28:26 pm
Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on October 08, 2014, 01:05:13 pm
Yeah, the water gets a boiling around them so they start tossing "stupids" around. Typical modus operandi.

I would love to have your predictions on everything so I can bet the house on the complete opposite.

Here it comes, JC will run the table this year with little or no competition.

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: bleudog on October 08, 2014, 01:30:04 pm
Yeah, the water gets a boiling around them so they start tossing "stupids" around. Typical modus operandi.

You're the one who posted "people aren't stupid;" then proceeded to prove some are.

Got on your toes obviously.

amehr36

Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on October 08, 2014, 08:24:12 pm

I would love to have your predictions on everything so I can bet the house on the complete opposite.

Anyone who didn't see this coming is a moron.  Of course this doesn't count as your prediction because its what everyone is saying.  I like when you actually have your own idiotic thoughts you can express.

The_Devil_Himself

Gotta wonder how many students between Bernice and JC began listing a JC PO Box as a home address following this rather than take the longer trip to Farmerville.

http://www.fgazette.com/news.php?id=847

gatecrasher

Pit Bull

That many added students will probably push JC to 3A next cycle huh?

bleudog

Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on October 08, 2014, 09:20:04 pm
http://theadvocate.com/home/6312582-125/la-students-get-aid-to

I could have made finding that easier for you.

Quote from: bleudog on June 26, 2013, 09:58:28 pm
The Claiborne Parish agreement had been in place for somewhere around 90 years.  The Delhi agreement allows Delhi Charter to step into Claiborne Parish's shoes as the school district of record for the Claiborne Parish Ward 9 families for one year.  The next hurdle is the folks in Ward 9 setting up their own charter school as school district of record in order to have the highest level of local control.  That hopefully can be approved by the state of Louisiana in a few months, in place and ongoing starting in 2014-2015.  CLICK HERE

One possibility could be for the Ward 9 charter school (if approved and they choose to do so) to eventually expand its charter to provide a way to get the Union Parish families near the JC campus back in the JC system.  With the El Dorado Promise and the industrial/agricultural losses in Union County, it's doubtful there would be enough students among the three geographic areas (JC, AR – JC, LA Claiborne Parish – JC, LA Union Parish) to ever get back in the mid-90's numbers when JC was classified with some schools that are now 4A, but there might be enough growth from the Union Parish group that lower 3A could be a possibility a few years down the road. 

With seven state baseball titles between 1972 and 2004, four state football titles between 2003 and 2012, a state basketball title in 2007, a state softball title in 2012, at least two state cheerleading titles, quite a few state weight lifting titles, more than a few state runner ups scattered along the way, and probably the most publicized/scrutinized public school enrollment agreement in two states, it's not like the AAA hasn't ever heard of that little ol' school down on the border.

HorseFeathers

Man...bribing enough parents and legislature folks in 2 states to approve the opening of a new school for the sole purpose of getting a recruiting pipeline solidified....That takes guts...

bleudog

Quote from: Pit Bull on October 08, 2014, 09:31:59 pm

Very well could.

Quote from: bleudog on October 08, 2014, 09:28:10 am
Quote from: Rida4Life on October 07, 2014, 10:18:20 am
Mathematically....sure.....
we haven't talked about the fact that "charter" changes the game.  ANY school that can accept or deny out of state students at board's discretion is NON PUBLIC and thus should use the multiplier....

Rida, shame on you.  You make it sound like there were 500 - 1,000 kids in Ward 9 last year and JC picked 90 +/- out of that total.

K thru 12 there were 90 +/- kids in Ward 9 last year.  JC took them all.  And they were the same kids who had been going to JC for years. There was no picking or choosing.  Ward 9 is, for all practical purposes, a 6th school zone. 

NCC will allow for the JC, LA (Union Parish) kids to eventually return to JC school, as was the case before the mid 90s.  If the Arkansas and Ward 9 numbers hold, that growth could, in all likelihood, cause the AAA to classify JC as a 3A in the next AAA cycle or two.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bleudog on October 08, 2014, 09:41:40 pm

Very well could.

we haven't talked about the fact that "charter" changes the game.  ANY school that can accept or deny out of state students at board's discretion is NON PUBLIC and thus should use the multiplier....

Rida, shame on you.  You make it sound like there were 500 - 1,000 kids in Ward 9 last year and JC picked 90 +/- out of that total.

K thru 12 there were 90 +/- kids in Ward 9 last year.  JC took them all.  And they were the same kids who had been going to JC for years. There was no picking or choosing.  Ward 9 is, for all practical purposes, a 6th school zone. 

NCC will allow for the JC, LA (Union Parish) kids to eventually return to JC school, as was the case before the mid 90s.  If the Arkansas and Ward 9 numbers hold, that growth could, in all likelihood, cause the AAA to classify JC as a 3A in the next AAA cycle or two.

Is there any projections for how many kids Junction City might actually get from this?

Pit Bull

Quote from: bleudog on October 08, 2014, 09:41:40 pm

Very well could.

They'll probably lobby for you guys to stay put... Lol

bleudog

Quote from: HF on October 08, 2014, 09:40:36 pm
Man...bribing enough parents and legislature folks in 2 states to approve the opening of a new school for the sole purpose of getting a recruiting pipeline solidified....That takes guts...

Those Ward 9 parents have my utmost respect.  Claiborne Parish School System kicked them in the gut and they fought back.  They are the quintessential example of a community getting together and navigating the political system to get something done.  Took selling a lot of catfish plates to pay that attorney retainer while the process to gain control of their kids futures came to fruition.

bleudog

October 08, 2014, 09:49:42 pm #118 Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 10:26:16 pm by bleudog
Quote from: HF on October 08, 2014, 09:43:54 pm

Is there any projections for how many kids Junction City might actually get from this?

NCC cap is currently set at 125 by their operating agreement with BESE.  That's subject to I think a 10% - 12% increase without having to go back to BESE.  So that's 139 or so.  Any more than that would would require return to BESE for approval. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bleudog on October 08, 2014, 09:47:46 pm

Those Ward 9 parents have my utmost respect.  Claiborne Parish School System kicked them in the gut and they fought back.  They are the quintessential example of a community getting together and navigating the political system to get something done.  Took selling a lot of catfish plates to pay that attorney retainer while the process to gain control of their kids futures came to fruition.

Trust me they have my respect....Wasn't Claiborne Parrish making a small profit from letting those kids go to Junction City, because they weren't teaching/feeding etc those students, but wasn't giving J.C the full funding for them either?

Thinking of this as a parent(My oldest starts Kindergarten next year), I'd much rather my kids go to the closest school, instead of being bused to the school district that has the Financially/academically struggling label attached to their name.

bleudog

October 08, 2014, 09:59:10 pm #120 Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 10:00:45 pm by bleudog
Quote from: HF on October 08, 2014, 09:52:47 pm

Trust me they have my respect....Wasn't Claiborne Parrish making a small profit from letting those kids go to Junction City, because they weren't teaching/feeding etc those students, but wasn't giving J.C the full funding for them either?

Thinking of this as a parent(My oldest starts Kindergarten next year), I'd much rather my kids go to the closest school, instead of being bused to the school district that has the Financially/academically struggling label attached to their name.

Claiborne got somewhere around $9,000 - $10,000 per student.  Due to their demographic, they receive one on the highest per student payments in the state of LA.  The agreement with JC was that the compensation amount needed to near what Arkansas paid for AR kids.  That was and is somewhere in the $6,200 - $6,800 range.  You do the math.  Oh, the Claiborne Parish superintendent at the time they cancelled the contract is no longer the Claiborne Parish superintendent.

bleudog

Quote from: Pit Bull on October 08, 2014, 09:46:53 pm

There's no resistance to going up if and when the numbers warrant it.  There's a lot more scheduling stability in 3A than in 2A.  Losing Norphlet, might lose Strong, wondering every year if Hermitage and Hamton will field football teams plays heck on worrying if the homecoming opponent will show up. 

Pit Bull

Quote from: bleudog on October 08, 2014, 10:05:21 pm
Quote from: Pit Bull on October 08, 2014, 09:46:53 pm

There's no resistance to going up if and when the numbers warrant it.  There's a lot more scheduling stability in 3A than in 2A.  Losing Norphlet, might lose Strong, wondering every year if Hermitage and Hamton will field football teams plays heck on worrying if the homecoming opponent will show up.

I agree, there is a definite difference and we saw it as soon as we hit conference play. The 3A-3 offered constant competition because of roster depth and stronger talent pools. I think the Bulldogs may have to hop over to Tennessee and Mississippi to find pre-conference games worth meaning in order to stay sharp...

NEark tigers

Quote from: dragondad on October 07, 2014, 10:29:41 pm
Quote from: Pit Bull on October 07, 2014, 10:23:19 pm
Quote from: THA TRUTH on October 07, 2014, 03:43:47 pm
Where are u from then

I'm from the last place that the Dragon got a spankin... It ain't hard to tell...
I can't remember our last "spanking", but the last team to win against us was Earle in a non-conferemce monsoon rain and lightning storm that was called in the third quarter.
Last I remembered, they completed the game......

Pit Bull

Quote from: NEark tigers on October 08, 2014, 10:48:17 pm
Where are u from then

I'm from the last place that the Dragon got a spankin... It ain't hard to tell...
I can't remember our last "spanking", but the last team to win against us was Earle in a non-conferemce monsoon rain and lightning storm that was called in the third quarter.

Notice I didn't even respond to that one.

NEark tigers

+100......I like the second of the four from the left!!!!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bleudog on October 08, 2014, 09:59:10 pm
Quote from: HF on October 08, 2014, 09:52:47 pm

Claiborne got somewhere around $9,000 - $10,000 per student.  Due to their demographic, they receive one on the highest per student payments in the state of LA.  The agreement with JC was that the compensation amount needed to near what Arkansas paid for AR kids.  That was and is somewhere in the $6,200 - $6,800 range.  You do the math.  Oh, the Claiborne Parish superintendent at the time they cancelled the contract is no longer the Claiborne Parish superintendent.

Basically getting 300K of free money to not have to teach the kids that were going to J.C....Seems pretty cost effective to me. Knee Jerk reactions are the worst kind..

The_Devil_Himself

Funny thing is, the defenders of the Dragon want to limit the scope of this conversation to the Ward 9 students. They try to dictate the conversation by discussing Claiborne Parish. There's a good reason why Union Parish is never mentioned.

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: amehr36 on October 08, 2014, 08:50:15 pm
Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on October 08, 2014, 08:24:12 pm

I would love to have your predictions on everything so I can bet the house on the complete
opposite.

Anyone who didn't see this coming is a moron.  Of course this doesn't count as your
prediction because its what everyone is saying.  I like when you actually have your own idiotic thoughts you can express.

I think it's pretty safe to say if I believed otherwise, I'd say otherwise. Stating it any other way would be like accusing you of being a gracious frontrunner.

footballfrenzy

October 08, 2014, 11:12:28 pm #129 Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 11:15:22 pm by footballfrenzy
It's also funny how the dialect of the conversation went from "You're an idiot." To "wait, what's happening down there?" Dudes, if only a handful, are flocking to Junction City based on the sole purpose of playing football. And, uhh, last I checked below average scrub football players don't change high schools to play a sport and the good ones don't choose a bad program to join. There is something fishy in the water, that's all I'm saying.

Jaysea

Had to join in, are you suggesting outstanding football players are leaving powerhouse and defending champs Union Academy in Farmersville to come to lower classification JC? Not to mention no athletic participation for one school year. I agree, that does sound a little strange. Just curious, do school choice transfers have to sit out any?

MomaLion

Quote from: Pit Bull on October 08, 2014, 06:15:32 am
Quote from: HF on October 07, 2014, 10:40:30 pm
Where are u from then

7 Points isn't a spanking....So you must be from Rison or Bearden(both beat them by 3+ Td's in the same season to qualify for last teams to spank J>C)...

It's not like JC has achieved Barton Bear Level of Dominance? IJS...

When noby else wins a game or championship for about 10 years then I'll entertain this madness...
And they got that by utilizing West Helena's players years before there was a School Choice.

MomaLion

It's not for Rah Rah cheerleading...it's competitive cheerleading and it's very intense and also has the 2nd most injuries yearly following soccer.  I'm talking weight training, crazy conditioning and endless hours practicing.

footballfrenzy

October 08, 2014, 11:59:32 pm #133 Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 12:02:04 am by footballfrenzy
MomaLion just dropped the mic and pimp walked off stage.

**of her reference to Barton's success, not her cheerleading rant.

MomaLion

Quote from: footballfrenzy on October 08, 2014, 11:59:32 pm
MomaLion just dropped the mic and pimp walked off stage.

**of her reference to Barton's success, not her cheerleading rant.
lol

dragondad

Quote from: Pit Bull on October 08, 2014, 10:54:34 pm
Where are u from then

You didn't respond, not because I was incorrect which I was, but because you know a 7 point win by a larger classification, in a storm like that, after the long delay and our boys riding 5 hours on a bus, is no where near a spanking.    However, the 28 point pounding we put on yall last year would fit. But hey, we're glad you got the glory of being the last team to win against us over the last two seasons.

HorseFeathers

so am i wrong in thinking that half of what's posted on here by the anti - junction city guys could count as slander?

bleudog

October 09, 2014, 07:22:08 am #137 Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 07:23:57 am by bleudog
Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on October 08, 2014, 11:01:33 pm

Funny thing is, the defenders of the Dragon want to limit the scope of this conversation to the Ward 9 students. They try to dictate the conversation by discussing Claiborne Parish. There's a good reason why Union Parish is never mentioned.

I have repeatedly mentioned the possibility NCC could lead to the JC LA-Union Parish kids getting to come back to JC.  This would be a return to what was the case before the mid-90s.  My most recent reference to Union Parish was in post #112 of this thread.

Have you considered professional help for this obsession of yours?

bleudog

Quote from: HF on October 09, 2014, 06:16:56 am
so am i wrong in thinking that half of what's posted on here by the anti - junction city guys could count as slander?

The gist of your point is correct, but I believe the term for written defamation is libel.

The_Devil_Himself

bleudog

October 09, 2014, 07:41:57 am #140 Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 08:48:55 am by bleudog
Quote from: Jaysea on October 08, 2014, 11:51:04 pm
Had to join in, are you suggesting outstanding football players are leaving powerhouse and defending champs Union Academy in Farmersville to come to lower classification JC? Not to mention no athletic participation for one school year. I agree, that does sound a little strange. Just curious, do school choice transfers have to sit out any?

I'd yield to someone at a school that has more experience in school choice transfers to see how that applies, but I was told by JC administration that any student from NCC who was not at JC one year ago does have to sit out one year before participating in athletics.  Remember, most, if not all, of the Ward 9 kids have been at JC since K or grade school.   

Bodyguard

Quote from: dragondad on October 09, 2014, 12:23:20 am
Where are u from then

You didn't respond, not because I was incorrect which I was, but because you know a 7 point win by a larger classification, in a storm like that, after the long delay and our boys riding 5 hours on a bus, is no where near a spanking.    However, the 28 point pounding we put on yall last year would fit. But hey, we're glad you got the glory of being the last team to win against us over the last two seasons.

Both teams played in the Storm.

footballfrenzy

How dare you bodyguard. Everyone knows that the rain that night was only falling on JC's players, coaches, fans and of course the part of the field JC was playing on. Anything else doesn't fit their agenda.

Dragon I

No excuses.  We got beat that night. 

Pit Bull

Quote from: MomaLion on October 08, 2014, 11:54:16 pm
Quote from: Pit Bull on October 08, 2014, 06:15:32 am
Quote from: HF on October 07, 2014, 10:40:30 pm
Where are u from then

7 Points isn't a spanking....So you must be from Rison or Bearden(both beat them by 3+ Td's in the same season to qualify for last teams to spank J>C)...

It's not like JC has achieved Barton Bear Level of Dominance? IJS...

When noby else wins a game or championship for about 10 years then I'll entertain this madness...
And they got that by utilizing West Helena's players years before there was a School Choice.

What's good for the Goose is good for the Gander...

Bodyguard

Quote from: Dragon I on October 09, 2014, 07:59:21 am

Thank you and we got beat by 28 the following season, no excuse. Even Split, 1-1!

dragondad

Quote from: Bodyguard on October 09, 2014, 08:05:57 am
Quote from: Dragon I on October 09, 2014, 07:59:21 am

Thank you and we got beat by 28 the following season, no excuse. Even Split, 1-1!
Wasn't making excuses, simply point out that a 7 point win doesn't really qualify as a spanking, especially under those conditions. Made no argument against the fact that we lost or excuses as to "why" we lost.   Care to enlighten us on what our "agenda" is, Footballfrenzy?

DnA Prostaff

An old coach told me one time,

"A winning tradition breeds big mouths that don't know when to close and later on eat crow...."

JC has a great program and a huge fan base, which they deserve, but nothing lasts forever, enjoy the ride.

THA TRUTH

Oh we will that's why we talk so much trash on here

mtindian42

Quote from: Bodyguard on October 09, 2014, 07:51:32 am
Quote from: dragondad on October 09, 2014, 12:23:20 am
Where are u from then

Both teams played in the Storm.
didn't Audrey Allen play in that game? lol... just be glad it was raining...are Mr Allen would have createted his own storm...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas