• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Benton panthers

Started by itsslim, January 29, 2015, 04:00:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

itsslim

whAts the scoop on the Panthers and jake scoffing?

think

Believe you're referring to Jake Scoggins. Benton is solid but young. They have really good guard play with Maertens and Anderson. Scoggins has size and is athletic but he's not a dominate force on offense. He's most affective on the glass and blocking shots. They will play about 8 kids and don't see a lot of drop off from their bench.

They are really a year away as most all of their contributors are Jr's but they've had some nice wins this year (@ El Dorado).

itsslim

Thanks think, pine bluff plays benton tmrw, the big 6'9" guy from eldorado posed a few problems for PB Tuesday. Great assement though. Looks to be a battle for 5th place tmrw night in my opinion. Scoggins has been offered by Aibilene Christian as well. Spell check threw me off with initial spelling my bad

Manofmyword

How about that Hollis kid, that kid can go I think he is a transfer from McClellan high school. He is a senior leader can score when he wants to and is a tenacious defender! Do not sleep on this kid at all he had 16 against PB friday

admorris24

The Hollis kid is starting to come on after a late start due to football season running into early December.  He gives them another scoring option with Anderson and Maertens.  If they can get anything out of Scoggins down the stretch, they will be a tough out in playoffs.

itsslim

Yea guard play was the deciding factors.  Don't sleep on this benton team. A sleeper team that could make some noise come playoff time

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas