• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6A South Boys/Girls 2014-15

Started by Blindsided, August 04, 2014, 01:36:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthPa

Tonight's predictions:

Boys winners:  Parkview, Hall, El Dorado, Lake Hamilton

Girls:  Pine Bluff, Hall, El Dorado, Lake Hamilton

Mike Love

Sheridan girls got 1 at El Dorado last night. Big win for Coach Ingram. Congrats

SouthPa

South girls are crazy.  Hall now has a 3 game lead so most likely the #1 seed is sewn up.  Seeds 2-6 could be any one of 5 teams.  Who emerges out of the pack to get seeds 2, 3, and 5 so that they stay away from GW and Hall in the state bracket?  I know it won't matter bc the winner of GW/Hall probably will win it all, but some average team will make a run to the finals and face them!  Parkview is my pick to do that.  Experience and coaching will prob propel the Lady Patriots back to the finals.

Blindsided

Quote from: SouthPa on February 05, 2015, 12:37:17 pm
South girls are crazy.  Hall now has a 3 game lead so most likely the #1 seed is sewn up.  Seeds 2-6 could be any one of 5 teams.  Who emerges out of the pack to get seeds 2, 3, and 5 so that they stay away from GW and Hall in the state bracket?  I know it won't matter bc the winner of GW/Hall probably will win it all, but some average team will make a run to the finals and face them!  Parkview is my pick to do that.  Experience and coaching will prob propel the Lady Patriots back to the finals.

Well, it didn't help them too much on Friday.  Parkview's coach got a technical foul with her team only down 6 with plenty of time left.  Benton's point guard (Davis) hit 4 free throws, then hit another two after getting fouled with the possession.  The lead went to 12, and Parkview never recovered.  Bad timing on the T.  This race is far from over.  Five teams tied for 2nd right now.

zebrafan

Girls

PB 49
Hall 48

Final

Boys

PB 49
Hall 41

Final

SouthPa

Good win for PB girls.  All that did is keep the South girls very tight in the 2nd-5th seeds:

LRH.....9-1......Still will be the #1 seed, and prob getting bored. 
BEN.....6-4......Has won 5 of 6, with ED coming tomorrow.
PB.......6-4......Pulled off the big win over Hall; stays alive for 2 seed.
LRP......6-4.....Have lost 4 of 6 as shooting struggles continue.
ELD.....6-4......Up and down team with Hicks needing some help.
SH.......5-5.....Tough home loss to Benton on Tuesday with Hall coming.
LH.......2-9.....Might spoil someone's party, especially in Pearcy.
TX.......0-9.....Gave ELD a scare on Tuesday night.

admorris24

Going to watch Benton/ED tonight.  Davis and Burchfield have really played well the last couple weeks to get Benton back on track

SouthPa

Davis, Burchfield, and Brazell are really the key players for Benton girls.  Most teams are guarding Chumley face to face so the help in man is less, and the gaps in the zones are bigger.  These players should be able to take advantage of this type of defense and get their work in.

BigBobB

February 13, 2015, 05:15:51 pm #58 Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 05:20:24 pm by BigBobB
Coach Chumley has figured out a combination of starters with Burchfield and Dintleman down low. Burchfield draws a lot of attention which gives a very mobile and agile Dintleman room to work under the basket. Neither of them are afraid to do the dirty work inside which softens the outside. Chumley and Davis are proficient 3 pt shooters. When they start hitting from the outside and demand more respect from the guards and they come out on them then Burchfield is ready to go to work on the inside. It has taken a little bit for the Lady Panthers to adjust after Landreth left but I think they may be hitting their stride. Ought to be a good game tonight. Eldorado will bring a lot of pressure. I thki our guards are up to it though.

itsslim

think

itsslim

Blindsided

Quote from: BigBobB on February 13, 2015, 05:15:51 pm
Coach Chumley has figured out a combination of starters with Burchfield and Dintleman down low. Burchfield draws a lot of attention which gives a very mobile and agile Dintleman room to work under the basket. Neither of them are afraid to do the dirty work inside which softens the outside. Chumley and Davis are proficient 3 pt shooters. When they start hitting from the outside and demand more respect from the guards and they come out on them then Burchfield is ready to go to work on the inside. It has taken a little bit for the Lady Panthers to adjust after Landreth left but I think they may be hitting their stride. Ought to be a good game tonight. Eldorado will bring a lot of pressure. I thki our guards are up to it though.

Until Friday night, the Benton girls were playing really well.  I like the starting 5 he has now with Dintleman and Burchfield playing together.  They will give others fits with their size.  Friday against ED, they played very poorly.  I think Burchfield was sick and probably shouldn't have played, and Dintleman did not play the way she has been.  Then on top of that, the guards shot it very poorly from the perimeter.  They'll have to play better down the stretch if they want to go deep in the tournament.

Burks

Depending on where their seeded, the Benton Lady Panthers can make deep run in the State. Especially since Hall and Greenwood are on the same side of the State Bracket. I believe one State finalist will come from the 6A South.

Blindsided

Girls:

Benton  66
Texarkana  33

Boys:

Benton by 15 or so over TX.

zebrafan

Girls

PB 51
EL Do 46

Boys

PB 68
EL Do 61

Finals

itsslim

Basketball14

Boys
Hall 59
Lake Hamilton 48

Girls
Hall 86
Lake Hamilton 60
Hall's Shakyla Hill had 30 Points, 8 Steals, and 9 rebounds AGAIN. Is anyone competing with this young lady? seeing her play in the State Tourney is going to be very interesting. She has some serious talent.

itsslim

A all around player, she's deceptive with her athleticism

SNWA

It will be a wonderful matchup with Greenwood and Hall in the semis......it is a crime that they can not meet in the finals. Yes Greenwood girls compete with her as they should have the Gatorade player of the year who scored 30 and 24 against Conway this year.

Basketball14

Hill Had 28 against Conway. Fun game to watch. It's very unfortunate that Hall and Greenwood meet up in the Semis. We will see who shows up to dominate that game. She hasn't gotten Gatorade player of the year yet, there are other nominees I know of.

urban legend2

Is Rakia Lane hurt? And Gatorade Player of the Year will be interesting because there are a number of girls who are putting up big numbers. Jackson from Northside, Danberry, Hartness, Hill, the due from NLR, etc. Kind of wide open right now.

itsslim

Lane has been out over a month with a leg injury

urban legend2

Yeah. I think she had that shoulder surgery as well...that hurts they're state title chances but Hill has obviously picked up the slack.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas