• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shot Clock Tournament @ Quitman

Started by FromTheBench, April 25, 2018, 01:50:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FromTheBench

Anyone know anything about this? I saw it posted to AAA that they are asking for teams to play. Could end up being some big time competition. They are sure using that facility well since building it too.

TheGovernor

Wow that's exciting. Who all is in the tournament? What a great idea

baller334

Love it!! Maybe this will take off, high school needs more of this.

Bildo

It would be great but it is hard enough to get people to keep the clock properly.... much less leaving it up to them to determine when it should be reset. If it were to come to fruition, you will have to pay another "official". I think we all know how hard it is to get good ones that are consistent. I foresee a lot of controversy if it is introduced. Just my opinion....

HorseFeathers

Russellville used a shot clock in their Christmas tournament

FromTheBench

Quote from: Bildo on April 29, 2018, 06:47:29 pm
It would be great but it is hard enough to get people to keep the clock properly.... much less leaving it up to them to determine when it should be reset. If it were to come to fruition, you will have to pay another "official". I think we all know how hard it is to get good ones that are consistent. I foresee a lot of controversy if it is introduced. Just my opinion....

If what I've heard is correct, then they will have officials with experience, meaning collegiate officials and clock keepers.

Bildo

I'm referring to it being mandated to high school basketball. I think it is a great thing to have... just getting people to operate it would be tough

FromTheBench

Quote from: Bildo on April 30, 2018, 05:08:35 pm
I'm referring to it being mandated to high school basketball. I think it is a great thing to have... just getting people to operate it would be tough

Then I agree with you 100%. I think that is 95% the reason we don't see it already in high school. The initial start up would be a huge headache, but I would eventually love to see a high school shot clock.

birddawg1986

Will not ever happen in the state of Arkansas unless AAA foots the bill and that ain't happening.

BigLion10

I've seen a bunch of tounreys in LR use shot clocks at Hall and PA

FromTheBench

This is officially happening the week after Thanksgiving. They are calling it the "Fast Break Classic". Does anyone on here have a schedule of the games??

HorseFeathers

Rose bud and Dewitt are two I think

beach bum

Quote from: birddawg1986 on May 01, 2018, 07:02:18 pm
Will not ever happen in the state of Arkansas unless AAA foots the bill and that ain't happening.

I assure you they will not foot the bill....

Flobbito

It will be interesting to watch, I'm sure the players and refs will have to learn a bit too.  I watched a team last night use the stall tactic late in the game, which is legal and smart to do when the other team has gained momentum, it worked they won by three.

FromTheBench

There are going to be collegiate officials running the entire tournament.

Flobbito

FromTheBench

Anybody else go to this on Monday night? It got off to a slow start with a homeschool girls team and Dewitt playing, but the rest of the games were pretty exciting. Both Quitman teams and both West Side teams play tonight. According to schedule on Quitman's website:
West Side VS LR Flames (Homeschool) GIRLS 5:00
West Side VS LR Flames (Homeschool) BOYS 6:15
Quitman VS Wonderview GIRLS 7:30
Quitman VS Midland BOYS 8:45

87DAWG

High School Football has a play clock. Be good for the game, IMO, to have a shot clock! I'm sure they had problems when they first used the play clock in football but now is the norm.

87DAWG

November 28, 2018, 08:46:09 am #18 Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 08:49:21 am by 87DAWG
Not a fan of icing the ball with over 3 minutes left in a game!

baller334

Love the idea of a shot clock!! It makes kids play the game like it's meant to be played.

NEA Razorback olfan

November 28, 2018, 10:41:12 am #20 Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 10:53:19 am by NEA Razorback olfan
From Max Preps
Girls division,  Fast Break tourney at Quitman
Monticello vs Nettleton 11/29
Having seen both teams play ....Nettleton by a lot

FromTheBench

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on November 28, 2018, 10:41:12 am
From Max Preps
Girls division,  Fast Break tourney at Quitman
Monticello vs Nettleton 11/29
Having seen both teams play ....Nettleton by a lot

I saw Monticello play Quitman Monday night, and it was UGLY. Monticello is out of shape. Talented and athletic, but could barely pick their heads up in the third quarter.

FromTheBench

11/28 Scores from Fast Break Classic
West Side Eagles beat Little Rock Flames (GIRLS) 71-21
West Side Eagles beat Little Rock Flames (BOYS) 55-53
Wonderview Daredevils beat Quitman Bulldogs (GIRLS) 56-47
Quitman Bulldogs beat Midland Mustangs (BOYS) 80-45

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas