• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A-3 conference champs?

Started by Cougar2004, July 11, 2018, 02:27:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Coltfan2005

RiceMan3

Quote from: Cougar2004 on July 11, 2018, 02:40:50 pm
Why not Westside? I think WS and Brookland are going to surprise some people. That RB for Westside is a beast

Brookland won't win many games. No imagination whatsoever on offense. It looks no different from the past XX years.

And no outside presence on defense.

bigchief72455

That and all Westside has to do is play a team with a decent run stop defense and they are done.

Coltfan2005

I will freely admit to being surprised by this game. The high score surprised me, the lack of defense surprised me, and Westside losing surprised me. Here's hoping that Paragould's offense isn't infected by waht ever GCT's offense caught.

bigchief72455

Lol. No doubt. That would be a trip if Paragould beat Rivercrest, Gosnell,and Pocahontas.

Redskin2015

Looks like the power three of the conference will be past untouchable this season

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Redskin2015 on August 25, 2018, 07:06:46 pm
Looks like the power three of the conference will be past untouchable this season

Bigchief, translation please.

bigchief72455

Rivercrest, Gosnell, and Pocahontas are going to do well in conference.

Coltfan2005

GMAT

If Pocahontas hangs with or beats Nettleton then conference championship is likely.

Coltfan2005

At week two, isn't the conf title likely for 3-4 teams...win or lose?

GMAT

Only 3 have a shot. Will know more about pokey chances after Friday night. Gosnell isn't balanced and suspect. Rivercrest is yet to be determined. New to the conference and nothing to compare them to.

Coltfan2005

all state running back, all state mvp qb, offensive line averages 279, excellent young fb, but a defense that is over all untried...that'll be the question. might show some adjusting for the first few weeks. VV passing game might hurt them early in the season. Defense has a good coach with talented players that will get much better with each game. Depth? Not so much.

Redskin2015

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 26, 2018, 03:48:55 pm
all state running back, all state mvp qb, offensive line averages 279, excellent young fb, but a defense that is over all untried...that'll be the question. might show some adjusting for the first few weeks. VV passing game might hurt them early in the season. Defense has a good coach with talented players that will get much better with each game. Depth? Not so much.
No no no what we all need to be worried about is those Westside warriors lol

Coltfan2005

To be honest, I think Westside had a very good team last year. They won two games that shocked me, Hoxie and Pokey.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 26, 2018, 06:07:45 pm
To be honest, I think Westside had a very good team last year. They won two games that shocked me, Hoxie and Pokey.
Trust me, they surprised plenty. I think the main reason they played like they did was everything hitting just right, like experience, other teams' talent, and coaching what they had. They're more than likely a playoff team again this year, but not as good as the top 3 or 4

ISU7

Quote from: BIGRED15 on August 15, 2018, 11:19:13 am
as far as comparing pocahontas to the 3a. i dont really care if they are that much better or not they dont play the 3a however i do know how they have and will compete in the 4a which is the conference they have dominated 4 of the last five seasons. this year being one of if not the best put together team in recent memory. at receiver we have depth that is close to the size of rivercrests sideline. most notable one who runs a 4.39 40 and will make any person in nea miss him he has hands like glue and the smarts  of a college player. oh and he is all state at his secondary post.and behind him is younger players who without a doubt will be all conf this year .so if we move off that and say somehow (will never happen) and you shut down our pass well then we can bring out the hb in snyder who is 6feet and over 200 pounds of pure muscle and the toughest dude around has hands the size of baseball mitts and arms the size of most 3a players legs and close to untackleable.the colts had better hope and pray and beg snyder to get sick that week. and then we have dawson chester our new qb and yeah yeah he is a sophmore which is great cuz yall gonna let a soph put up 40+ through the air and probs rush 100+ hes super quick can through  a mile through a tire and run over linemen knows where to put it before the coach does and is not afraid to lower his shoulder. so please please compare the skins this year to last year please because its not even close.  so after u beat paragould and think u have accomplished something and then trumann and ocelola give u a game and yall go down and destroy the worst team around being highland then we will come pay yall a visit and bring a lesson on what redskin football look like. ;)
I guess all of these mentioned didn't play last night vs Nettleton. I know it's dove season but they are laying goose eggs in pocohontas. Lol super quick run over lineman , make any person in nea miss. Did I miss something, was he talking about another team. smh. ;D ;D ;D ;D

bigchief72455

Still a lot of season left. Young team. They will improve as the season progresses

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas