• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best 10th graders in 3A

Started by BigMan15, July 26, 2014, 04:50:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMan15

I have not heard a lot about some of the young players....i heard ecs has a good one anybody else have one or two that will get some good playing time.

BigMan15

10th grader from paris   brandon fenner?

Bias

Manila has a couple of good 10th graders that might make an impact on their team.

BigMan15

Quote from: Bias on August 20, 2014, 11:00:12 pm
Manila has a couple of good 10th graders that might make an impact on their team.
Did they play as freshman on the senior high last year and what their name and size

WildcatGrandpa13

The red-headed kid from Charleston is really good...I don't know the kids name but he played very well against ECS in the State Championship

WPWells

That's Fenner who is now at Paris

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on August 21, 2014, 11:30:22 am
That's Fenner who is now at Paris
Big loss for Charleston next year 12th Man. He was draining the 3s in the Championship

BigMan15

akbballer

You are right. We don't think he is a big loss. Good luck to your son.

BigMan15

Quote from: akbballer on August 22, 2014, 04:46:03 pm
Good that will make the rivarly so much better....also does ur son play...

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: akbballer on August 22, 2014, 04:46:03 pm
Unless his breakout game was the state championship I don't see how you don't see him as a big loss. Granted I only saw him play once but he was very impressive that one game, I can't speak for any other games

BigMan15

About an average game for him that year was 8-12 points depending on how many shots they let him take... Againest Waldron last year he hit 9 threes and finished with 30..23 in the first half...18 againest Farmington .....he would've scored more but not enough shots to go around....also if u didnt know just before state tournament started both of my sons were involved in a car accident where they actually got hit walking from Walmart the truck was going 35-40 mph and threw them over 20 feet so we were just happy they were alive...the whole state tournament he played with a bad bone bruise on his knee in which he was advised not to play...so in other words he is a lot better than what u seen in the championship game...

tigerfan1417

West Fork girls team has a 6'0 sophomore that's pretty good. She has college's looking at her now and from what I'm hearing she's in a magazine. She could be a force for them for the next 3 years.

BigMan15

How would she compare to the sophomore post Peevy from Paris...I believe she has gotten a few offers from d1..

tigerfan1417

Peevy is an amazing athlete. I am not surprised that she has D1 offers! I've heard the girl from West Fork has a couple of D1 schools looking at her, but I would say 1 on 1 it would be a close call. I think Peevy  has a couple inches on the West Fork girl, Griffin is her last name.

BigMan15

Seems like last year west fork had some big girls weren't they?

tigerfan1417

They had 2 big girls inside last year. Karnes and Griffin (older sister to the sophomore).

jr17

Since were on girls. Mayflowers sophomore girls are GOOD. Led by the two lasker cousins. One is a pure point guard and the other is a super quick scorer.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: tigerfan1417 on September 01, 2014, 07:18:53 pm
They had 2 big girls inside last year. Karnes and Griffin (older sister to the sophomore).
Did the sophomore play on sr high last year for west fork? What grade were Karnes and Griffin in last year?

tigerfan1417

Karnes and Griffin were seniors last year. The sophomore Griffin  didn't play on the Sr high team last year. Although she would have been a big asset.

justaguy

Valley Springs girls have a good guard who will be a sophomore. I'm not sure what her name is, but she played up at the end of last year, not Tennison or Taylor. Saw her this summer and she looked like she had gotten better. 

adaptedtigerfan

I didn't know that KVD, Bill Dance, and Jimmy Houston were on FF...   This looks like a professional fisherman s thread.

shady11954

Quote from: justaguy on September 02, 2014, 08:03:16 pm
Valley Springs girls have a good guard who will be a sophomore. I'm not sure what her name is, but she played up at the end of last year, not Tennison or Taylor. Saw her this summer and she looked like she had gotten better.
aslynn taylor

Moonshiner

Her last name is Williams.  Her dad is the new Oark coach.

BigMan15

Moonshiner

DOCHOLLIDAY7

Ashlynn Taylor and Tyra Williams are both good sophomores for Valley Springs.

Googlymoogly

Quote from: Moonshiner on September 25, 2014, 08:54:23 am

Her last name is Williams.  Her dad is the new Oark coach.
Her dad is Steve Williams, who is also a Valley Springs grad. He coached boys at Omaha for 7-8 years before getting into administration. Was the principal at Lead Hill the last several years. Guess he still had the coaching bug and got back into it this year.

redheadfan

The red head kid from Paris is terrible at defense I used to go to his church and I know that's diffrerent than an actually game but he let a big offensive lineman shut him down and he's never played basketball before

adaptedtigerfan

I'm a little confused on here?  I've never seen someone talk bad about their own children.

redheadfan

RTF

yah, thats not his child, get it right.... His are even worse. =)

chstigerfan6

That's funny because your first post as redheadfan was about the redhead from Paris.
That was started by his stepfather. So I guess that is not your child!

BigMan15

Quote from: redheadfan on September 28, 2014, 05:29:20 pm
The red head kid from Paris is terrible at defense I used to go to his church and I know that's diffrerent than an actually game but he let a big offensive lineman shut him down and he's never played basketball before

Lol thats funny...sometimes i play at churches and hit like 20 3s so i guess that means i should go and be walk on at arkansas.....lol....some people...

Bergman1820

Quote from: DOCHOLLIDAY7 on September 27, 2014, 03:31:20 pm
Ashlynn Taylor and Tyra Williams are both good sophomores for Valley Springs.

I watched the Green and White games tonight. The Sr.Girls played good. A.Taylor looks like she has worked hard and will be a good addition to the team and I'm sure benefited from moving up after Jr.High season was over. Williams also played really well. She was very aggressive and showed she can drive to the basket,make free throws and handled the ball really well. Tennison,E.Taylor,A.Taylor,Harner,Williams could be a good starting 5.

HeadTiger

Bergman1820

Quote from: HeadTiger on October 11, 2014, 12:35:50 pm
How'd the senior boys look?

It was really strange with all 5 starters graduated from last seasons team. I was happy with what I saw though. I wouldn't put all my money on Flippin to win the conference. I will say they will split the two conference meetings this season. Shearer,Hogue,Scott,Leimberg and either Flud or Moorehouse should give conference teams all they want and more. With several players who can step in and play. Saunders the younger brother of Arielle Saunders looks like he has really grown up the last couple of seasons and could be a big help to the team.

hkhealy22

Rose Bud Girls has a Soph, Carissa Caples.  Point Guard

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas