• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015-2016 Arkansas basketball

Started by beach bum, November 14, 2015, 12:02:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Oh great!! Be like having Trey Thompson for another 4 years!

fastdrop

Quote from: mack on March 19, 2016, 07:54:50 pm
I'm your Huckleberry!  The RP flip is a good idea.

It's on.......
well we dumped pastner!!!!! I am thinking I should give you points or something. LOL

ricepig

Quote from: fastdrop on April 08, 2016, 06:48:49 pm
well we dumped pastner!!!!! I am thinking I should give you points or something. LOL

Yeah, but it still cost you a little. Now, don't come looking for our guy!

fastdrop

Quote from: ricepig on April 08, 2016, 07:06:22 pm
Yeah, but it still cost you a little. Now, don't come looking for our guy!
Your guy might could win in Memphis

Romeo

Doobie Jenkins transferring. That officially cements the 2015 signing class as the worst in Arkansas history.

ricepig

Quote from: Romeo on April 11, 2016, 10:31:23 am
Doobie Jenkins transferring. That officially cements the 2015 signing class as the worst in Arkansas history.

Well......that's a pretty broad statement. We've had some that stayed and didn't contribute too much either, but it's definitely a first, all gone in one year.

AirWarren

Romeo

Jenkins should never been offered from the beginning. His only other offers were Tennessee Tech, Richmond, The Citadel, VMI, and Chattanooga. Recruiting has recently taken a step in the right direction with three in-state players committing but Arkansas won't never be any good if we continue to fill our roster with players like Jenkins.

AirWarren

Nope. Niether should Teey Thompsom, manny Watkins...those guys are a waste of space.

ricepig

Quote from: AirWarren on April 11, 2016, 11:44:37 am
Nope. Niether should Teey Thompsom, manny Watkins...those guys are a waste of space.

Well, they actually are having to play, they at least could earn some time. I realize you're saying we should have better, but at least they can get some minutes.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on April 11, 2016, 11:44:37 am

Thompson was much improved by the end of last season, he'll be serviceable for the remainder of his career, especially if he continues to improve. He's a heck of passer from the high post.

Romeo

Moses Kingsley expected to test draft waters.

ricepig

Quote from: Romeo on April 12, 2016, 09:38:40 am
Moses Kingsley expected to test draft waters.

As expected,  most are concerned about him going to Europe, not the NBA.

AirWarren

Good lord.

He leaves. You can kiss MA goodbye after next year.

fastdrop

Quote from: fastdrop on April 08, 2016, 06:48:49 pm
Welp, hired a coach that can't recruit. Looks like we are in the same boat as Arkansas so no need to give Mack anything.

DerekOxford

Good thing about Memphis hiring Tubby is that Hogs may get to actually start playing them again, since Calipari and Pastner wouldn't.

beach bum

Quote from: DerekOxford on April 14, 2016, 09:39:04 am
Good thing about Memphis hiring Tubby is that Hogs may get to actually start playing them again, since Calipari and Pastner wouldn't.

I would love seeing that has a non conference game.... And start next year too!

Romeo

I still think MA's biggest recruiting failure during his tenure at Arkansas is his inability to get Memphis players. He's struck out on every Memphis player he's recruited with the exception of Anthlon Bell, who we recruited against UMass for. Tubby Smith is not known as a great recruiter so hopefully his hire might help us on the recruiting front in Memphis.

fastdrop

Tubby Smith's contract at Memphis is five years ... $15.45 million.

Doubt we let under preforming Anderson come in and take any recruits that us or Kentucky wants.

ricepig

Quote from: fastdrop on April 14, 2016, 12:02:14 pm
Tubby Smith's contract at Memphis is five years ... $15.45 million.

Doubt we let under preforming Anderson come in and take any recruits that us or Kentucky pays for.

Fixt

fastdrop

Romeo

Scotty Thurman being promoted to assistant coach replacing Matt Zimmerman, who will be moving to an administrative role.

AirWarren

Just saw that. Interesting move. Will he head up recruiting?

Romeo

As far as I know, TJ Cleveland is still the recruiting coordinator. The reaction Is mixed among Arkansas fans about the Thurman hire. But some kind of change in the coaching staff was needed. Coach Zimmerman, while good at scouting and other duties, was not a good recruiter.

fastdrop

beach bum

Dave Van Horn has us last in the SEC and all of you said we were loaded this year. Why aren't you all holding him to the same standard for this season as MA? Lets fire Van Horn too right? Who needs stability?

ricepig

Quote from: beach bum on April 18, 2016, 09:55:18 am
Dave Van Horn has us last in the SEC and all of you said we were loaded this year. Why aren't you all holding him to the same standard for this season as MA? Lets fire Van Horn too right? Who needs stability?

I'm sure you're being facetious, or really don't know our baseball history the last 13 years. I'll hang up and listen......

AirWarren

Quote from: ricepig on April 18, 2016, 10:20:58 am

I'm sure you're being facetious, or really don't know our baseball history the last 13 years. I'll hang up and listen......

They are a terrible baseball team this year if you haven't noticed.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: beach bum on April 18, 2016, 09:55:18 am

When MA has half of the success here that DVH has had wake me up.

WPWells

Quote from: AirWarren on April 18, 2016, 11:02:00 am

It's so tough

ricepig

Quote from: AirWarren on April 18, 2016, 11:02:00 am

Which has nothing to do with my post, in case you didn't notice.

zebradynasty

April 18, 2016, 12:06:30 pm #632 Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 12:10:39 pm by zebradynasty
I think the point he's making is that baseball is down bad this year and they were not expected to be vs basketball was down and everyone expected them to be!

*But I might be adding a lot to what wasn't said!  ???

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: zebradynasty on April 18, 2016, 12:06:30 pm
I think the point he's making is that baseball is down bad this year and they were not expected to be vs basketball was down and everyone expected them to be!

True, but baseball has been very good recently with the current coach, basketball has not.

AirWarren

Did Kingsley officially declare?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on April 18, 2016, 12:26:14 pm

Just testing the waters, he can come back.

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on April 18, 2016, 12:26:14 pm

I am being sarcastic obviously for everyone... I just like stability!! But if Kingsley is gone gone?? OH DEAR :'(

AirWarren

If Kingsley leaves, MA better enjoy his final year on the Hill.

zebradynasty

April 18, 2016, 04:05:53 pm #638 Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 04:17:38 pm by zebradynasty
Quote from: AirWarren on April 18, 2016, 12:32:53 pm
If Kingsley leaves, MA better enjoy his final year on the Hill.

I don't think it's to that point...yet! Signed a top 30 recruiting class for 2016 and currently has the #4 ranked for 2017 (although its early)!

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on April 18, 2016, 04:05:53 pm
I don't think it's to that point...yet! Signed a top 30 recruiting class for 2016 and currently has the #4 ranked for 2017 (although its early)!

Yeah, but don't forget 2015's.......

AirWarren

No, this will be the make or break season MA. You could put good money on it I believe.

ricepig

Quote from: AirWarren on April 18, 2016, 04:23:55 pm
No, this will be the make or break season MA. You could put good money on it I believe.

I think he'll get one more, regardless of the season. It might not be warranted, but that's my opinion.

AirWarren

So two more years in your opinion?

ricepig

Quote from: AirWarren on April 18, 2016, 05:48:04 pm
So two more years in your opinion?

Yeah, unless it's a complete bust, which is possible without Moses. The message has been delivered, but I think he'll get two years to get us in the tournament.

zebradynasty

Quote from: AirWarren on April 18, 2016, 04:23:55 pm

Naw the last thing UA needs is to appear unreasonable. Even though each coach since Nolan for the most part has been given time to turn it around I'm sure in the minds of most recruits...something must be wrong with Arkansas. Not saying that is true or not but we run off another coach and I believe that image will be out there for every recruit. If that happens it would take hiring a coach that is a heck of a recruiter to change that image.

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on April 19, 2016, 02:01:41 pm
Naw the last thing UA needs is to appear unreasonable. Even though each coach since Nolan for the most part has been given time to turn it around I'm sure in the minds of most recruits...something must be wrong with Arkansas. Not saying that is true or not but we run off another coach and I believe that image will be out there for every recruit. If that happens it would take hiring a coach that is a heck of a recruiter to change that image.

That's the problem, we need a heck of a recruiter.

Romeo

No Kingsley means no strong post presence and were left with Trey Thompson to fill that gap. We would have a hard time winning in the Sun Belt Conference without strong post play. There's no Karl Anthony Towns in 2016 class.

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on April 19, 2016, 03:30:12 pm
No Kingsley means no strong post presence and were left with Trey Thompson to fill that gap. We would have a hard time winning in the Sun Belt Conference without strong post play. There's no Karl Anthony Towns in 2016 class.

HAHAHA. If that is the case, we are in a sad, sad, sad state of affairs. Worse than we could imagine.

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on April 19, 2016, 02:06:43 pm
That's the problem, we need a heck of a recruiter.

I agree but we've been needing one of those since before Nolan left!

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on April 19, 2016, 03:58:22 pm
I agree but we've been needing one of those since before Nolan left!

I agree, does that mean we quit looking?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas