• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7 A West Girls

Started by Sneekers, October 26, 2010, 09:35:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sneekers

Seasons about two weeks away.  How does everyone see the 7 A West panning out for the girls.

I say:

Fayetteville  -  stays with FHS till someone takes it away from em
Northside  -  10 seniors say alot
Southside  Gray says alot along with true point guard White
Rogers  - Early coached teams always compete.  Can still shoot it
Har-Ber  _ Devastating loss of a player inspires team to play hard
Bentonville-  Still searching for identity
Springdale - still suffering from split
Heritage-  still rebuilding

T-Wacker

Quote from: Sneekers on October 26, 2010, 09:35:45 am
Seasons about two weeks away.  How does everyone see the 7 A West panning out for the girls.

I say:

Fayetteville  -  stays with FHS till someone takes it away from em
Northside  -  10 seniors say alot
Southside  Gray says alot along with true point guard White
Rogers  - Early coached teams always compete.  Can still shoot it
Har-Ber  _ Devastating loss of a player inspires team to play hard
Bentonville-  Still searching for identity
Springdale - still suffering from split
Heritage-  still rebuilding

If you are referring to the coaches daughter at SS, White, she is not eligible to play varsity as a freshman in 7A.

Sneekers

Mercenary

I think it'll come down to the NS/SS game on Feb. 25.

Who are some other Sophomores in the leage who will contribute?

Ty

Fayetteville has two big girls that will come in and make an immediate impact as sophomores.

Har-Ber has a sophomore (Coach Wright's daughter) that will see some playing time. She's pretty talented.

That's all I really know about.

My rankings.

1. Fayetteville
2. Northside
3. Rogers
4. Southside
5. Har-Ber
6. Springdale
7. Bentonville
8. Heritage

blueprep

Quote from: Ty on October 27, 2010, 06:52:25 pm
Fayetteville has two big girls that will come in and make an immediate impact as sophomores.

Har-Ber has a sophomore (Coach Wright's daughter) that will see some playing time. She's pretty talented.

That's all I really know about.

My rankings.

1. Fayetteville
2. Northside
3. Rogers
4. Southside
5. Har-Ber
6. Springdale
7. Bentonville
8. Heritage

I agree with top 2 but after that several teams can vie for the 3rd thru 6th spot.  Wouldnt be surprised to see Har-ber in that 3rd position.  Well coached and a very talented group of kids plus the unfortunate passing of one of their leaders will likely inspire...

Mercenary

Wow, 10 Seniors at Northside!?  Problem is from what I saw last year only 2 of them can score in the half court offense. 

I'm not sure about Rogers w/o Hook.  They are VERY well coached and have lots of 5'3" shooters/ball handlers but do they have any post players?

Sect103

Fayetteville Girls are undefeated thus far. 8-0 and have won two tournaments. Granted one was their own Lady Bulldog Classic, but they did win the Durant, OK tournament for the third year in a row.

How is Northside fairing?

Ronnie Bass

Rogers is 9-0. They won by 15 or so at Siloam Springs tonight and won the Kickapoo Invitational over the weekend in Springfield.

As far as sophomores go, Rogers has a very good one in Taylor Strickland. 5-10 forward. Very active. Had a couple-three 30-point games last year. Definitely could have contributed on last year's varsity team.

Sect103

Ronnie Bass

Won three games to win the Ozark (Mo.) Tournament
Won three games to win the Kickapoo Tournament
Those six were all against Missouri teams

West Fork
Siloam Springs
Pea Ridge.

I think that is right.

Lost their benefit/scrimmage game to Prairie Grove by two points.

Mercenary

Northside beat both Southside and Greenwood at the FS Tournament of Championship, both by 15-20 pts.  They played a very good Desoto Tx team and lost by about 5.  They will be tough to beat when conf. play starts.

Sect103

Fayetteville is still undefeated after winning twice in the Sandra Meadows classic today. They will take on Houston Westside tomorrow at 1:30 according to the bracket.

Sect103

Fayetteville wins again today. They will play National Ranked 12, Westbury Christian tomorrow at 10:30.

Sect103

Fayetteville had their chances, but couldn't finish against 12th ranked Westbury Christian. Turnovers and missed free throws beat the Purple Dogs. They will play in the 3rd place game later this afternoon. That will be 5 games in 3 days.

Sect103

Fayetteville finishes 4-1 in Duncanville. They beat Plano-East, St. Thomas More, Houston Westside, lost to Westbury Christian (12 in the nation, 1 in Texas), and beat Plano-West. Finished in third place in the tournament. They will enter conference 14-1.

Sneekers

Northside Girls will enter conference at 12-2.  Won the Ardmore Oklahoma Tournament by defeating Putnam City West by 30, Mustang by 19, and Yukon by 22 in the finals.  Fayetteville vs. Northside on Friday Jan. 7 in Fort Smith.  Should be interesting.

Sect103

Should be a very interesting game. It's always tough to go to Northside.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas